The scoop on 'Dave's Violets'

Dave's Violets

1372 S. Kentwood Ave.
Springfield, Missouri 65804-0220 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Bloombaby
Knoxville, TN
September 4, 2012
Ordered from Dave's violet and received the 2 sinningias. The kansas city blues was very large the other one I broke so it is now dormant. I have emailed Dave and got advice right away. However I will have to wait til it "wakes"up. I will try next spring to order again.sinningias are new to me. Reliable and easy to order from.
Positive eucharis05
Yonkers, NY
May 9, 2012
Posted on March 14, 2012, updated May 9, 2012
I received my first order from Dave's today. I ordered mostly Sinningias. I was delighted with the plants. I received beautiful little plants with nice fat , firm tubers. Not only were the plants beautiful, but the customer service was great and what a nice person to do business with. I woul definately order from him again.
On May 9th, 2012, eucharis05 added the following:

I received my second order today, again nice plants. All but one of the plants from my first order have bloomed already. Great place to purchase gesneriads.
Positive LeeAnne151
Portland, OR
June 10, 2011
I received my first order from Dave's Violets a month ago and am very happy. He has a huge selection and great prices. The little plants were packaged very safely and arrived quickly and look great in my terrarium. I'll buy again.
Positive darwinianzen
Middle Island, NY
July 22, 2008
David Harris not only has wonderful plants, he's a very pleasant man to deal with.
I placed a large order with him recently and while it took a couple of weeks for the one man operation to send out the Sinningias and other goodies it was well worth the wait. Many of the sinningias were large, with big tubers, and all the plants arrived in excellent condition.
I highly recommend Dave for his good service and reasonable prices.
But be patient, he has a lot of orders coming in, and he does it all without assistance from propagating to shipping.
On August 31st, 2008, darwinianzen added the following:

Again, David Harris from Misery is a great source of Sinningias, he is after all, the creator of the Ozark series. Nice fellow too.

My second large order with Dave was as good as the first,
no problems, great packing, very solid starter and other plants.
After sending a lot of money to Dave I can continue to recommend him highly. You can trust him.
Positive bmedel
Mid, ID (Zone 3b)
May 13, 2008
Received my first oder from Dave's Violets last week and was very impressed with the nice size of the plants. I ordered both strerptocarpus and sinningias and there were blooms on several of them when they arrived!

The post office was extra hard on my box it seems so a lot of spilled dirt and some broken leaves but with the nice sizes of the plants I'm sure they will make a fast recovery.

I'm happy to have found a new source for great gesneriads!!
Positive TerryMI
Saint Clair Shores, MI (Zone 5b)
October 17, 2007
Rave review for Dave's Violets. Excellent plants and service!
Positive loveviolets49
Saint Cloud, MN
June 18, 2007
I ordered violets from Dave and they arrived on 6/13/07. They were called "starter plants", but they were huge and in beatiful condition!!! He took great care in packaging them. Some of them are all ready in bloom!! I can hardly wait to order from him again!!!
Positive Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL (Zone 9b)
April 13, 2006
I just recieved an order from Dave. I have to say it was BEYOND my expectations.
I ordered sinningia and violets, all came in healthy and LOVELY :) He packed them with great care and he was soo FRIENDLY! He brings new meaning to the words "Customer service"
Positive Celene
Columbus, OH
November 28, 2004
I ordered several episcia and assorted gesneriads, all arrived in good condition, and were packed with great care.

Ordering was easy, shipping was fast, and they were quite helpful on the telephone.