The scoop on 'Porcupine Hollow Farm'

Porcupine Hollow Farm

8593 W. State Rd.
Central Lake, Michigan 49622 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-568-9179

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative coconnor01
Baltimore, MD
November 25, 2015
If you review what this company has to offer and the prices associated with them, you might be thinking much like I initially did that you hit the lottery. If you have an experience similar to mine with them, your tune will change quickly. To begin with I have yet to receive my order so I cannot comment on condition/quality of product. However, the experience I have had with this company leads me to seriously question the integrity and professionalism of its owners/management. I ordered a large quantity of hedges in July. In August, I received an email stating that the product would be dug and shipped in September. In September, I received an email stating they would be dug and shipped mid-October. In mid-October, I was told it would be late October. In late October, I was told it would be mid-Novemeber. In late November I was told that they were shipped in late October but that the order would be reshipped promptly due to not arriving. A week later I was told it would be in the spring. BTW, all of the communication was from the same person at the company, Molly.
Company representative comment on January 27, 2016:
On Jan 27, 2016 6:03 PM, Porcupine Hollow Farm responded with:

Thank you for taking your time to put a review up on this website. Even though it is a negative review I appreciate the time you took to write it out. I've learned that I need to be much better at my communication. This fall was exceptionally warm for us. Normally we can start shipping in September. Because of the warm fall the plants were not ready to be shipped. The same thing happened each time. All of our fall shipments were very delayed. By the time that I found out the shipment did not reach you, it was too late in the season to send them out again. They may have frozen in transit. I apologize again for the frustration you obviously feel and that you do not have the plants you were looking forward to receiving. Molly

Positive starider7
Traverse City, MI
May 30, 2004
A few weeks ago, I found Porcupine Hollow Farm on the internet, and since it is only about an hour, I elected to drive over. Prices off the lot are different from the online prices for obvious reasons (bare root vs. b&b or potted). The selection was good, with a LOT of larger trees. I purchased a clump of 4 White Spire Birch trees, 1 Brandywine Crabapple, 1 Northfire Maple, and 2 Meadowlark Forsythia bushes. The Birch was about 12' tall, the other two trees about 10'-11'. All in all, excellent specimens. Pat, the owner, is very knowledgeable, and helped me choose good trees for my criteria. I planted them a couple of weeks ago, and they are flourishing, including blooms on the crabapple, and new growth already on everything. I highly recommend them for both price and quality. I cannot attest to the online experience though as I went there in person.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.