The scoop on 'Porcupine Hollow Farm'

Porcupine Hollow Farm

8593 W. State Rd.
Central Lake, Michigan 49622 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-568-9179

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Negative coconnor01
Baltimore, MD
November 25, 2015
If you review what this company has to offer and the prices associated with them, you might be thinking much like I initially did that you hit the lottery. If you have an experience similar to mine with them, your tune will change quickly. To begin with I have yet to receive my order so I cannot comment on condition/quality of product. However, the experience I have had with this company leads me to seriously question the integrity and professionalism of its owners/management. I ordered a large quantity of hedges in July. In August, I received an email stating that the product would be dug and shipped in September. In September, I received an email stating they would be dug and shipped mid-October. In mid-October, I was told it would be late October. In late October, I was told it would be mid-Novemeber. In late November I was told that they were shipped in late October but that the order would be reshipped promptly due to not arriving. A week later I was told it would be in the spring. BTW, all of the communication was from the same person at the company, Molly.
Positive starider7
Traverse City, MI
May 30, 2004
A few weeks ago, I found Porcupine Hollow Farm on the internet, and since it is only about an hour, I elected to drive over. Prices off the lot are different from the online prices for obvious reasons (bare root vs. b&b or potted). The selection was good, with a LOT of larger trees. I purchased a clump of 4 White Spire Birch trees, 1 Brandywine Crabapple, 1 Northfire Maple, and 2 Meadowlark Forsythia bushes. The Birch was about 12' tall, the other two trees about 10'-11'. All in all, excellent specimens. Pat, the owner, is very knowledgeable, and helped me choose good trees for my criteria. I planted them a couple of weeks ago, and they are flourishing, including blooms on the crabapple, and new growth already on everything. I highly recommend them for both price and quality. I cannot attest to the online experience though as I went there in person.