The scoop on 'Fast-Growing-Trees (formerly Empress Tree Nurseries, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com)'

2621 Old Nation Rd.
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-504-2001

» Like them on Facebook
This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company offers a variety of plants.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive tpleus
White Plains, MD
September 28, 2016
I just placed an order and had a great experience all due to Jamula's excellent service and knowledge. She's an asset to the company and a great foot forward. 10 out of 10.
Negative rwwright
Evanston, IL
September 23, 2016
Ordered what I was assured would be a very nice North Star Cherry tree in a "Drop'N'Gro" bag (dirt surrounding the roots). Received a bare root plant with a very few 2 to 3 inch long thread-like roots, a few short thin vertical branches from the root, half of which were dead and the rest partially dead with a few tiny leaves. When I called to express my dismay, I was assured "all is OK." Despite religious watering, the leaves never grew but instead gradually shriveled up and died along with the branches. My negative review posted on their website was deleted, which is their standard practice. I had to pay for a warranty (unlike other quality sites), which however only provides a credit for their site. For a vast number of similar reviews for similar experiences (~85%) see SiteJabber.com.
Negative bcavender
Livingston, TN
August 24, 2016
My order of five Leyland Cypress trees arrived with the pots dumped and roots showing. Packing was very weak. Nevertheless, I planted/watered them anyway as they were green. I checked on them carefully for a couple weeks and they seemed to be ok though most were barely able to hold their tops up off the ground. I went back to trim around them about 6 weeks later and four of the five were finally starting to bend upright, but one had bit the dust.

When I went back to the website for the guarantee I found that they only offer a 50% store credit AND that is if you are within 45 days from the purchase date. To me six weeks is pretty much no real guarantee at all. I would expect that from a discounter, not a premium price seller.

Despite 80% of their stuff growing, the plants were weak, packing was ineffective against shipping damage and their warrantee is of near zero value.

My purchases from Starks Bros carried a warrantee that goes one year with a full replacement plant shipped to you and their prices are very competitive if not lower.

FGT's lousy warrantee alone will force my future purchases to go to Starks. Buyer Compare Beware ....

Bruce
Livingston TN
Positive Paradiso_Bella
Newnan, GA
August 16, 2016
My experiences with FGT has been nothing short of awesome. Their website is very user friendly, easy to navigate and ordering was a breeze. I first ordered from them June of this year. I ordered a Stella Cherry tree, a wonderful pineberry plant and a Wonderful pomegranate tree..........ALL thriving, arrived incredibly FAST and healthy as can be

On Aug 13th of this year (just a few days ago) I ordered a Star fruit tree and a Blue Velvet Honeyberry bush. Aug 13th was a Saturday so my order wouldnt have went out until at least Monday of the following week. Over the weekend I decided to look again at their website and see if there might be something else I wanted and I found there was something so I ordered a Rainier cherry tree. They were having a free shipping over 99.00 special which is why I went to their site to start with for the star fruit tree. No one else was selling star fruits even close to an acceptable price so FGT gets points for having it....=)
Well, I want you to know that this company is the fastest shipping one I have ever dealt with. I received a shipping notice Monday that stated my order will be arriving Tues...Aug 16! Oh my groooootness! <~~teeheehee This is one company that understands the importance of getting plant material out and in a hurry so as to minimize any stress. THAT, I can appreciate.

When I received the order, I was thrilled at the packing job that was done on those plants. VERY well done. I so do appreciate the care this company has not only about their customers but the plants as well. Their packing is proof they care about the state of the plant and how it reaches its destination. FGT is not one of those companies that takes a customers money with little to no care about anything after money changes hands. THAT, is also something I can appreciate.

On top of all of that, they didnt stop there. A rep emailed me care instructions of each one of those plants, not out of uncertainty of the care they would receive, but as a courtesy so that the plants would continue to receive the proper care so deserving of any plant.

I have had an outstanding set of experiences with this company and will surely use them again for future plant needs. I would reccomend them as well without hesitation.

Even if some problem were to occur in the future, I am not so self centered or holier than thou that I wouldnt remember these first three outstanding experiences, my very FIRST experiences with them, that I couldnt also remember that even though they have shown themselves to be of top rate and seemingly perfect, I wouldnt ever expect perfection from anyone no matter how seemingly it is because after all, we are all imperfect and have to expect imperfections at some point. These first three experiences they have shown their best to me and I am happy about that but I dont expect this every time.

So with that being said, I feel confident enough in this company to do business with them again.

I thank you, Fast Growing Trees(Pam *wink) for making my experiences pleasant ones...=)
Positive Jarials123
Babson Park, FL
July 25, 2016
You guys are the best!!! I have never ordered plants via online shopping for fear of what would actually arrive. I can tell you now that fear is over for me because of your company. My tree came today and as I opened it I prepared myself for a stick with a root or two and low and behold I opened a box of the greenest leaves and potted in soil. I almost jumped off my back deck. I immediately called my Mom and was raving and gushing over my new tree friend and the only nursery that I will ever order from. I plan a small orchard of fruit trees that can survive, thrive, and produce in my location. I look forward to buying them from you all. I can understand the high prices to an extent, however, I may not be at a place in my life right now to afford my very own orchard, I hope too. Even if it's one or two trees at a time.
Keep up the amazing work! I thank you from my soul and I plan on making a slid show of my tree friends growth and posting it everywhere!
John Rials
Posted on May 28, 2015, updated May 5, 2016
Posted on May 28, 2015, updated May 28, 2015
Posted on April 12, 2015, updated May 28, 2015
Posted on April 10, 2015, updated April 12, 2015
I purchased approximately 10-12 trees a few weeks ago. The service and delivery were very fast, and for the most part, I was happy with the trees. However, my Glen Mango tree promptly turned brown, as did my ice cream banana tree. Also, I was supposed to receive a mature 5-6, well branched quince tree, and what I received was a 5-6 foot whip, with absolutely no branches whatsoever, a complete disappointment as the reason I ordered from FGT was the marketing of \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"quick fruiting, or fruiting in the first season,\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" prominently written on all their pages. I had also ordered a 4-in-one apple tree, but was sent two 4-in-one cherries. They did send an apple tree, and customer service was friendly. I am disappointed in the mango and banana trees, and hope the make it. However, I am more disturbed by the immature quince tree I was sent for $65 versus the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"well-branched, more mature\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" tree I had expected based on their literature.

I purchased the one year warranty on all the trees, thus can get a replacement for the above, I suppose. But, it is disappointing, as quince happens to be one of my favorite fruits.

I will change the review if I have any difficulties, or if my trees regroup and grow back.

On April 12th, 2015, HM2015 added the following:

I have to say I am very, pleasantly, surprised by FGT\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s customer service!!!! They followed up with me the very next day after this post to explain that my quince tree looked like it was 2-years old, and should branch out in the next year. They also offered to replace the tree if it has not branched out.

I am still disappointed that I didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get a more mature tree, because I thought I was purchasing one several years old, but the customer service is delightful. Such a pleasure to deal with people like this!!!

Congratulations on having such a wonderful and proactive team, FGT!!!!

On May 28th, 2015, HM2015 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I am changing my rating to positive,,as mentioned earlier. FGT\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s staff have been amazing in terms of their courtesy, professionalism and helpfulness!!!

The staff have replaced the mango tree, which unfortunately never turned green again. They sent an extra nectarine tree, because the the three-in-one fruit cocktail only had two fruits grafted.They replaced a fig tree which never came out of dormancy. And, they are going to replace the quince tree, which, alas, succumbed to cedar rust.

Each time I called, the staff was truly professional, courteous, and were sincere in their desire to help. I forget the names of the customer service reps for the most part, but remember Amber, Jaime (?), Shaina ?) all of whom we\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re amazing. But, ALL of their staff has been amazing in their assistance and sincere desire to make the client happy. All my other trees are doing beautifully and they all broke dormancy and are lovely to look at.

My 4-in-1 apple tree unfortunately developed cedar rust on two of the grafts, which I pruned back, and hope they will grow back again. My peaches have peaches!!!!!! Yum!!!!!!!!!

If you all need good-sized, mature trees, you can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t go wrong with FGT and Willis Orchards, another orchard from where I ordered more mature trees.

My first time with fruit trees, and I have gone crazy because of the fabulous trees from these two places, and the customer service rep and attention to client needs.

I know I sound effusive, but I have a consulting business, and am always trying to preach the importance of customer service and client satisfaction.

FGT- you have a client for life!!! I will always recommend your services.

Thank you!

On May 28th, 2015, HM2015 added the following:

I am changing my rating to positive,,as mentioned earlier. FGT\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s staff have been amazing in terms of their courtesy, professionalism and helpfulness!!!

Each time I called, the staff was truly professional, courteous, and were sincere in their desire to help. I forget the names of the customer service reps for the most part, but remember Amber, Jaime (?), Shaina ?) all of whom we\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re amazing. But, ALL of their staff has been amazing in their assistance and sincere desire to make the client happy. All my other trees are doing beautifully and they all broke dormancy and are lovely to look at.

If you all need good-sized, mature trees, you can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t go wrong with FGT and Willis Orchards, another orchard from where I ordered more mature trees.

FGT- you have a client for life!!! I will always recommend your services.

Thank you!

On May 5th, 2016, HM2015 added the following:

I am writing to add further detail to my original reviews. First, the customer service with FGs is amazing. I have never had any issues when I have called, the staff have been pleasant, knowledgeable and proactive. And, they provide fantastic service!

My citrus trees died, so I needed to get them replaced. Despite the fact that it was past the warranty period, Tonya went ahead and issued me a credit. For my mango tree, too. Then, I had forgotten that I needed to get my quince tree replaced, because last year, the tree had gotten rust disease. I had completely forgotten about the quince, and when I called in today, Alicia promptly ordered another one and will be sending a replacement tomorrow.

Thank you, FGT! You all rock!!! I am telling all my friends. :) and, in fact,,promised my ten-year old niece that I am going to buy her some trees, so we can \\\\\\\"garden\\\\\\\" together!

Hatice

On May 12th, 2016, HM2015 changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I am downgrading to neutral. I received the replacement Meyer and eureka lemon trees. These trees were $80 and $90 respectively. I was supposed to get mature trees ready to fruit, and I received two thin trunked, twiggy trees, just barely developing branches, which need to be pruned, leaving the trees essentially one badic branch. When I called to complain. I was told that they sold the trees by height, and if they were at least three feet, then I was sent what was described. Ah, no, when I read that these trees are mature trees and give fruit the first year or season, I expect mature trees, not thin, spindly stemmed one or one in half year old trees. I was told to give the trees a chance. Okay, I repotted them and am giving them a chance. We will see. If they don\\\'t grow significantly nor produce flowers or fruit, I am downgrading to negative.

In addition, I still have never received my \\\"mature\\\" quince tree, and now I understand they will not get it in. They said they will give me a store credit.
On May 12th, 2016, HM2015 added the following:

I am downgrading to neutral. I received the replacement Meyer and eureka lemon trees. These trees were $80 and $90 respectively. I was supposed to get mature trees ready to fruit, and I received two thin trunked, twiggy trees, just barely developing branches, which need to be pruned, leaving the trees essentially one badic branch. When I called to complain. I was told that they sold the trees by height, and if they were at least three feet, then I was sent what was described. Ah, no, when I read that these trees are mature trees and give fruit the first year or season, I expect mature trees, not thin, spindly stemmed one or one in half year old trees. I was told to give the trees a chance. Okay, I repotted them and am giving them a chance. We will see. If they don\'t grow significantly nor produce flowers or fruit, I am downgrading to negative.

In addition, I still have never received my \"mature\" quince tree, and now I understand they will not get it in. They said they will give me a store credit.
On June 3rd, 2016, HM2015 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I am changing my rating to positive, again. I was not able to receive the quince tree, as they no longer have any in stock and am still not thrilled with the size of the citrus trees. But, the staff and customer service people are so pleasant and courteous, I can't in good conscience, give them anything but high marks.

The trees are advertised as " fruiting in the first year (the ones I purchased, at least) but, outside of my peach tree, the others have shown no signs of providing any fruit yet. This is the second year.

But, the trees are healthy, and seem to be thriving. Customer service reps are always pleasant and easy to talk with. They constantly update their records, so I am not always looking for my order number or such.

Thank you, FGT staff.
Positive Arfhinch
New Lenox, IL
June 2, 2016
What great service, ordered five plants but a couple were damaged in transit. Fastgrowingtrees.com sent new plants the same day. Very polite very professional, will be using them again and recommending them to friends.
Old fashioned service with quality products.
Negative MarieAkhurst
Lancaster, PA
May 27, 2016
The tree they sent was big (for a mail order tree) and healthy. The reason I'm giving a negative is because of a problem with their 'everbearing mulberry tree' advertising as well as their lack of ethics. The web page title says 'everbearing' yet the html line faintly indicates 'black beauty', a tree with different dimensions. There are questions below on the pg. that also indicate the confusion of what species of mulberry this is. Just after ordering I noticed the faint html line and then the questions below which caused me to suspect their info may not be accurate. I asked and was told in emails that the tree is a dwarf and would remain small but when I called a plant specialist and spoke with Lisa, she was unsure and stated to me that 'the rumor was it is an Illinois Everbearing' (40'x 40' at least) but she would try to call the grower for accurate info. She called later to confirm it was a 'black beauty' mulberry (small tree). I told her I was not confident taking this verbally as we would face a thousand + dollars in tree removal if she was wrong so could she send me an email to confirm the type and mature dimensions. She sent me an email with a dogwood in the subject line and the email was only the copied and pasted info from the 'mystery mulberry' pg. This was not helpful or firm proof of what type of tree I had. So I told her I did not trust the accuracy and wanted to ship it back at their cost and with no restocking fee (usually 25% or so). She argued but I pointed out this was not buyer's remorse as I would glady keep the tree, IF I could get something written to indicate the variety and mature dimensions. After some arguing, she offered to reimburse return shipping and give me a full refund. I wrote an email to her confirming our conversation with her offers the day prior to shipment. Upon receipt of the returned tree FGT did issue a full refund for the original purchase price and shipping but refused to reimburse for the return shipping, as guaranteed by Lisa the previous day. I am in process of having something done about this but wanted others to know about this experience so they can judge for themselves if they want to do business with a company that says one thing but does another. I want FGT to know that I had been very happy with the fast shipping and the quality of the tree sent to me so I would have continued buying from them had they handled the disagreement over a mere $31 by following thru with Lisa's promise but because of their poor ethics with my case, they will now lose out on quite alot of profit and may be forced to reimburse the shipping anyway. I have photos of the web pg and copies of all emails. FGT, the sign of a good business is how it treats it's customers when things don't go as planned. FYI.
Positive jasejohnson1980
Joplin, MO
May 13, 2016
I saw an advertisement for fast-growing-trees and that the tree would be superior to other trees I could purchase elsewhere due to the fact that they are grafted and pruned so they would produce excellent fruit and be much less worrisome than anything that I would find at the local big box store. I have to be honest, the price seemed high but I have found that you get what you pay for so I made my selection for the semi-dwarf red haven peach tree. I was impressed in the ease of my purchase as all of my questions were answered during the purchase process. I was told to expect my tree in a well packaged box in about three days. I anxiously awaited the arrival of my tree and had great expectations of what I would be receiving. Once I received my package I found that the tree was boxed well but there was definitely something wrong with my tree. I noticed the leafless limbs and buds were very dry, and the general feel of the tree was not that of a tree that was dormant and ready to come out of its winter sleep to intensely grow to the anticipated superior tree I felt I was promised. I read the instructions of how to express my concerns with the condition of my tree and received a detailed and professional e-mail from customer service in response of my online inquiry the next morning. After reporting my findings by a quick assessment I was told (the same day) they would make my situation good right away by sending a replacement tree. Upon receiving the second tree, I again was not satisfied as this tree also was dead upon arrival and I followed the procedures I previously followed from tree number one. Upon receiving a response from Customer service, I noticed a much different tone in my response e-mail. This time, I could tell on behalf of FGT, “My” customer service professional was very sorry for my troubles and appreciated my patience with my unsatisfactory products and she assured me she would make me happy customer. Upon my second replacement, I just received a very beautiful third tree that is exactly what I had felt I was promised with a couple of perks this time for my trouble. I’m an understanding kind of guy and know you can’t put a guarantee on any living thing as “stuff” happens. I thoroughly feel fast-growing-tree is a great company to purchase your plants from because of their exceptional products they offer and possibly the most important part of the company, their customer service team. Thank you Rachael for making me a happy customer!
Positive shaodk
Andover, MA
May 8, 2016
I ordered 1 english and 1 black walnut trees from FGT's. The english was the pollinator and the order was reversed. Contacted customer service and they are great! Shipped out a replacement immediately. Thank you for making the customer the top priority. I wish more companies were like you guys!

Both trees are doing well and look forward to ordering again.
Positive RichfromNH
Nashua, NH
April 20, 2016
I got a cold hardy banana(what a nice plant for the yard) and I was worried I killed it by how I prepared it for the winter. They gave me detailed instructions for care and assured me that should the tests they gave me to perform fail and that the tree wouldn't survive, my $2.50 warranty I paid for last year would activate a replacement. They didn't hesitate to offer this and I love a company that stands by their products. Great customer service! Especially Lisa who was very thorough in explaining where I erred in my plans. I definitely will consider doing business with them in the future and feel you would be served well to do the same.
Positive rddjgarden
Bristol, FL
April 14, 2016
I ordered 2 trees which arrived well packaged and healthy a few days later. Status updates about the order and information about the trees before they arrived were helpful. I would order from Fast Growing Trees again.
Positive sla_eo
April 14, 2016
Great customer service. My product went into backorder after I already placed my order and customer service rep worked with me to find a resolution. Will definitely order from them again.
Positive mwmetcalf1
Corry, PA
April 13, 2016
we have been ordering trees from fast growing trees for the last 3 years. there choices, trees and prices are great. even better when you time it right for 50% off. i have had to call to customer service twice, not for issues but questions. the staff is polite, hopeful and knowledgeable. i highly recommend this place.
-mike
Positive brendagray890
Beaumont, TX
April 7, 2016
I ordered 2 trees for my daughter's birthday. Of course, I put down the wrong address and FGT's caught it quickly and emailed me to call them. Tree's arrived and I had a problem with my palm...no worries, after speaking to Lisa on several occasions, we resolved the issue. She is very knowledgeable about her job and represents the company very professionally and adds customer friendly service.

Lisa was very kind to me and walked me thru everything encouraging me and advising me. We need more kindness and I can't wait to order more trees this fall. A customer forever or until my yard, my daughters yard or my friends yards are full of your trees.

But most of all...thank you for your kindness!
Positive AnaDRoz
Monroe, NC
April 4, 2016
Ordered three citrus trees-- Meyers Lemon, lime and orange--. Ordered on Wednesday and they were received on Friday. I'm in NC so items were close by apparently. The trees were all healthy looking and above the size I had ordered. The lime tree had some white coating on it and I immediately emailed and sent pictures to office to determine if there was something wrong with tree; ie., fungus. This was late on Friday, early monday morning I had a response from Elvis (already ahead of the game), explaining that this was residue from the water they use to water the plants, calcium. I have already planted them in pots and all three already have buds. I can't wait to see these beauties blooming and producing fruit. If anything goes wrong, I'll come back and report.
Positive jagrogan
Somerset, KY (Zone 6b)
March 25, 2016
Posted on March 21, 2014, updated March 25, 2016
I bought 2 trees, a key lime and blood orange citrus, 4 - 5 foot high.

They arrived in good shape but either they were shipped with a spider mite infestation or they picked one up in the house and dropped all their leaves.

So I\'ve been waiting for new leaves and no such luck but two new branches are growing at the base of the blood orange trunk.

Disappointed I asked if they would replace and they said yes, just buy the guaranty and so I will. They\'ll even wait till I move next week to a new house and hopefully avoid a spider mite problem again. I\'ve very thankful to them, I don\'t have a big income and wouldn\'t have been able to replace the trees otherwise.

I\'d recommend them.

Thanks Fast Growing Trees!
On March 25th, 2016, jagrogan added the following:

Well I have ordered 6 citrus trees from them and what they are is about a 3 - 4 foot citrus branch grafted on a citrus root that is used for grafting.

The main job you'll have to getting these trees to look good and produce as potted plants is to drench them in water daily (like the rains of Orlando when I liked there as a child) all year round except in winter when you'll do so weekly in your bathtub or by carrying them out on the front porch, especially in places in the winter were they can't survive. You'll also one to January - June feed them a dilute solution of the cheapest 'Miracle Grow' type fertilizer you can afford. With that your trees should evenually root really well and have good top growth that you can prune the tree into a nice shape with and that will produce lots of flowers and fruit. And it's true the flowers do smell do good you can't help but turn you head towards them walking by and it's doesn't matter which type of citrus although the calamondin oranges are the most prolific producers and make a good jelly or juice orange with added sugar or if you are like me and like sour the flesh is sour while the peel is sweet so you can eat right of the tree without peeling. They are a bit like a sweet kumquat.

The grafts and roots are well established when you order them and to date in the 2 years I've had the trees I have eaten about 50 calamondin oranges, 6 Meyer lemons, 3 grapefruits, 1 blood orange but as of yet no mandarin oranges.

So it's pretty clear they've sent my health and productive trees that have survived as I figure out how to care for these trees in a non-nursery environment. That is less sun in winter and less water in winter.

In fact my huge calamondin orange that was basically making beautiful flowers and mini-sour oranges year round had a severe branch dry-out and die back this past winter and I'm like should I order another or try to get this one to grow back?

I decided to try to get it to grow back by concentrating on drenching it in water more frequently, all year round and using weak fertilizer solutions weekly. And that will like the trees grow in a growth pattern more suitable as potted plants in Zone 6b and not a sunny nursery in Zone 7 or Zone 8.

So these citrus trees definately need as much sun as you can get them and to be drenched in water weekly in winter and daily the rest of the year. Feed them water soluable fertilizer January - June.

I will order a key lime and a naval orange still yet from this company and that will give me 8 potted citrus and that's enough. (and quite a bit of heavy lugging around of pots in spring and fall. :-)
Negative lopusa
Brunswick, GA
March 17, 2016
The plants are very overpriced, much smaller than local garden centers. Unlike Home Depot, Lowes etc, there is no guarantee unless you pay extra. Shipping is extremely expensive.
Worst of all I have had a number of plants die, yet despite paying for a guarantee I cannot get a refund. (unlike almost every other plant and seed company, including mail order) Why not? I can only get a store credit, but guess what! I will now be charged shipping for replacement plants. Wish I'd never got involved with this company. Stay away!
Negative koms1016
Houston, TX
January 26, 2016
I have ordered about a 6-7 trees from this site, and I have to say that my experience hasn't been so good. I ordered an apple, peach, mango and blueberry bushes. The apple and peach didn't survive long, for which they sent a replacement. The new apple is doing well, but the peach isn't. The mango dropped all it's leaves, and is dead, and I have made many attempts to contact them to no avail. The same with the blueberry trees...all dead twice and nobody gets back to me. They have decent pricing but I have yet to experience the amazing quality or customer service others have. I want to order several more trees, but am weary of this site due to my experience.
Company representative comment on January 27, 2016:
On Jan 27, 2016 4:15 PM, Fast-Growing-Trees (formerly Empress Tree Nurseries, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

We are terribly sorry to hear this. Per our records we have responded to all correspondence with the customer and show no other emails that were not responded too.We strive in making sure that all of our customers are responded to within 48 hours of receiving. We have also been in contact with the customer and feel that we have come to a mutual resolution to the customers concerns.

Positive marlycem
Charlotte, TN
November 12, 2015
I am not going to lie, I was very nervous about ordering $1500.00 worth of trees on line but I am so glad I did. Fast-Growing-Trees is amazing. From my first phone call to my last, my customer service rep, Gena, was professional, courteous, and knowledgeable about anything I asked her! I ordered 33 Nellie Stevens Holly bushes and not only did they arrive in two days but the trees were absolutely gorgeous. We realized there was an "opportunity" with my order and I want everyone to know that this company made it right!!!! I have never seen customer service like this...At its finest. All they cared about was making me happy. WHO DOES THAT? Fast-gorwing-trees does. I cannot say enough good things about this company. I wish EVERY company operated the way this one does. They truly believe the customer is boss and will do everything to make their customers #1. I will be ordering my fruit trees from Ms. Gena next year. If you are nervous about buying trees online...DON'T BE! Order from Fast-growing-trees and you will be as happy as I am!!! Don't take this review lightly, I am a hard customer to please and expect good customer service. This company exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond to make me happy. I cannot recommend them enough. I love this company!!! Thank you for reading my review!
Positive vkumar1610
Frisco, TX
August 24, 2015
I liked the wide choice available at the Fast Growing Trees web site. Ordered three trees, but because of the weekend, the shipping took an extra couple of days, resulting in the plants being in ill condition on arrival in 100 F temperature in Texas. I took photos and shared the information with FGT. They had no hesitation in approving another shipment of the trees - outside the one year warranty, which I also bought. Its wonderful to do business with a company that stands behind its products. They have suggested that in future it is better to place orders on Monday, so that shipment can arrive the destination without delay.
Positive jwinders
Ramona, OK
August 12, 2015
I have ordered several trees (little gem magnolias) as I am creating a hedge. I ordered 9 trees and all but one has lived. The one that didn't live has been replaced 3 times! This was due to something in the soil not the trees. However, FGTs was awesome and replaced 2 of the 3 trees that died without blinking an eye. I would recommend them and have been amazed at their fast courteous service.
Positive harvey21143
Brooklyn, NY
August 9, 2015
sent beautiful healthy tree and fast delivery
Positive mavasu
Madison, CT
July 15, 2015
Ordered 4 small thujas.Came very well wrapped with plastic bag around pot and stem.Soil very moist almost wet.Branches all intact speedy shipment.Very pleased.
Positive gardenkarma
Allston, MA
July 3, 2015
My confession is that I only ordered from this company to be contrary. On principle, I don't like to support a garden company that misleads its customer into thinking that gardening is an instantly gratifying endeavour. It shouldn't ever be considered as such.

That aside, I can't actually leave a complaint (even though my Fast Growing Trees are growing just as slowly as they ought to) because, despite this "nursery" being a fulfilment operation that doesn't grow its own product, the darn trees are alive and well. You win this time, FGT.
Positive kfries48
Austin, TX
June 24, 2015
Posted on June 22, 2015, updated June 24, 2015
I recently ordered a 5-6 ft. Stella Cherry tree and a 5-6 foot Blenheim apricot. The cherry tree was in great shape, however the apricot tree was in poor condition and had extensive insect damage throughout the leaves. I contacted customer service immediately. I\'m an experienced gardener and have ordered many trees before and have never been sent a tree in this condition. I paid $70 for this tree and only ordered from FGT because I felt confident I would receive a more developed tree in great shape. Sadly this was not the case at all. I would have never purchased a heavily insect damaged tree in this condition...especially for $70! When I reported the issue to FGT I was told that the tree was fine and that this was purely cosmetic. They made no effort to rectify the situation at all. We shall see if the tree will grow, however I paid a premium price for a healthy tree and certainly did not receive that.
On June 24th, 2015, kfries48 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

UPDATE: I received another email from customer service apologizing for the condition of the apricot tree I received and was offered a refund for the damaged tree. I appreciate and respect their efforts to do the right thing in this situation.
Positive MHPermaculture
Tulsa, OK
June 9, 2015
Posted on June 8, 2015, updated June 9, 2015
I plant a lot of trees and shrubs for clients. I ordered a Riverbirch, American Elm, and two Peach trees from Fast Growing Trees. It was my first time ordering from them and chose them based on the good reviews of their peach trees which come branched and more developed than the unbranched whips I usually buy.

#1: One Peach tree leafed out and the other did not. Fast Growing Trees sent me a replacement Peach quickly but it was a small whip with newly-sprouted branches. It is also a dwarf instead of a semi dwarf. This replacement seems to be in good health; however, it defeats the entire purpose of my ordering from them- to plant older, branched fruit trees. I appreciate a replacement tree being sent to me quickly, I\'m just not happy with the fact that it is much smaller than what I payed for.

#2: The American Elm was $50 but was only a 3\' tree, including the roots. I was disappointed that such a small tree was sent to me. It also did not leaf out. They gave me a store credit for $50, but I would have rather had a refund.

The other Peach and the Riverbirch are doing fine.

Their customer service made the situation a little better, but overall I was not pleased with the experience. I dont feel like I got my money\'s worth. I\'m not crazy about their *\"50% off everything today only\" except it\'s every day* marketing pitch either. I have had better experiences (quality and prices) with other nurseries so I will stick with them.
On June 9th, 2015, MHPermaculture changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

*Update 6/9/15*

Fast Growing Trees got back to me quickly and refunded the parts of the order I requested. From what I experienced they have excellent customer service. I would probably consider buying from them again since they are so willing to work with their customers to make sure they are happy. Thanks Fast Growing Trees!
Positive elroble
Springfield, VA
June 5, 2015
Dealing with Fast Growing Trees has been a very pleasant experience for my family. They responded quickly and effectively. Some of the trees I ordered got messed up during transportation. I still planted them, but did not grow as expected. I reported this anomaly and FGT did not hesitate to send me the tree replacements right away.
I am going to be a permanent client of FGT and will spread the word to my contacts also.
Thank you for a great client service.
Rene Fonseca
Positive EffieH
Amston, CT (Zone 6b)
May 16, 2015
Posted on May 15, 2015, updated May 16, 2015
I ordered a maple tree on May 9th and paid with PayPal. I received a confirmation from PayPal with my order number. Their web site says that they ship most trees within 24 hours and that they will email you a shipping confirmation. After several days I realized I hadn\'t received any confirmation from Fast Growing Trees at all. PayPal had given me an order number on their confirmation, so when I checked my order status online at the FGT web site, it said \"no order was found.\" On May 11th I emailed them to see what was going on. No response to my email. On May 13th I called them and was put on hold, told I was the 15th caller and had to wait 15 minutes. After being on hold 15 minutes, I was finally connected to a customer service rep named \"Elvis\" (I really don\'t think that was his real name) who asked me what my order number was. I explained that I didn\'t have an order number because I never received a confirmation. I gave him the number PayPal had given me and he said \"there is no order by that number.\" No duh. I had a PayPal confirmation -- I paid them $103 for a tree. He said, \"I\'ll have to go talk to my manager,\" and put me on hold for another five minutes. Five minutes later, he came back and said \"we located your order, we had to MANUALLY enter it into the system and it should ship tomorrow.\" I asked him if I would get a confirmation email and he said \"yes.\" On May 14th I finally received a response to my email, and it said \"we can\'t find an order from May, 9th. But you do have an order from May 13th.\" I responded and explained what happened and asked them if my order had shipped or if I had a confirmation number at least. No response again. Here it is May 15th, no confirmation, no shipping confirmation, no tree. I\'ll give them a few more days, but then I\'m going to have a file a dispute at PayPal to get my money back. Right now I\'m really not happy, I don\'t like paying money out and getting no confirmation and being ignored. IF I get a tree or at a minimum some kind of confirmation from the company I\'ll come back and update this review.
On May 16th, 2015, EffieH changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

UPDATE: Well my tree showed up the next day after my negative review, so I have to totally change it now. The tree is absolutely GORGEOUS -- it way exceeds my expectations! The packing was phenomenal, the tree was totally protected in the packaging but extremely easy to remove from the box and plant. The dirt in the pot was still nice and moist and the tree had all it's leaves. I had just been out shopping for shade trees locally with absolutely no luck at all, it's really hard to find shade trees at nurseries, they are mostly all ornamental. And when I got home the October Glory tree was waiting on the front porch! Except for the glitch with my order and having to call to have it manually entered, and not receiving any kind of confirmations, this was an excellent experience and I will definitely shop with them again. I bought the additional insurance and after reading all the reviews here, I'm sure I will be happy with my purchase.
Negative Britlon65
Chandler, TX
May 14, 2015
I have had great success with Fast Growing Trees in the past - up until now.

I ordered a white Crepe Myrtle in April of 2013 - came as a lovely tree and it was immediately planted. It is doing so well. That same year I ordered a Crepe Myrtle that was a shrub, so it would not grow too tall for the space in my front garden - it also doling well.

Last year I ordered a Brown Turkey Fig which was planted in October of last year. It looks fantastic after a winter in Austin, Texas I ordered another Brown Turkey Fig this year and I cannot believe how well it doing in just a few weeks

I give them the best rating for the plants I received in the past.

Now to my present problem. I ordered a Sweet Bay Magnolia which arrived last week. It was covered in dead leaves, and ugly shape, and looked like it had been used for grafts for more trees. I have been a gardener for more years than I can remember, since I was a young child working in my parents gardens in England, so I am not a novice gardener.

So I called Fast Growing Trees went it was taken out of the box immediately after it arrived. They said not to send it back, to donate it - which I did to my neighbor's church. I am not sure how well it will do, or if they could bring it back to a viable tree.

Yesterday the replacement tree was delivered. It is approximately six feet tall - a bean pole with three small branches coming out - I was totally in shock that both these trees had not been of the quality I had received in previous years.

My opinion is that with the internet presence they have with so may orders, they do not keep track of repeat customers, and some of us end up getting shoddy merchandise

I hate to say this, because I have enjoyed dealing with them for my online gardening source, I will not
be ordering from then in the future.

Sincerely,

Simone Hart-Logan

Company representative comment on July 6, 2015:
On Jul 6, 2015 12:00 PM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

We were so sorry to hear that Ms. Hart-Logan was upset with her order. We contacted her and had a plant specialist discuss the differences in the different types of Magnolias. We worked out a resolution to her satisfaction and ours and feel like the is satisfied now.

Positive docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA (Zone 5a)
April 30, 2015
I'm 79 years young. I just received my Pyracantha in three gallon pots. I have never received nicer stock at any price from any other source. Packing was the best I ever witnessed. I ordered on the 27th of April and received the order on the 29th. This is far better than I expected because no other firm has held up to a will ship tomorrow claim. You did! Thank you. I bought a little larger thus paid a little more. I am sure glad I did. Everything about this order is right up there earning the words excellent to perfect.
Positive ARClose
Bradenton, FL
April 27, 2015
I ordered three trees from "fast growing trees" two came from their nursery and were perfect, another came from another nursery and was broken. I contacted fast growing trees about this and after I sent photos of the damaged tree I received a new one so quickly.
Positive dmtazzy
Alto, TX
April 24, 2015
I ordered 2 rabbiteye blueberry bushes 2-3 ft tall. When I received the shipment I was surprised at how healthy they were. They were potted and full of green leaves and even lots of berries. I did call to ask a question about them and spoke with Elvis. He was just a real joy and I will order again soon and will recommend this company to my friends and family. Happy customer!
Positive mpurwin
Wayland, MI
April 22, 2015
I recently received 4 beautiful Eastern Red Cedar trees to plant as a wind/privacy screen from FGT.com. I ordered the 2-3' plants as they were available and in my price range, and all four were just over 3' in height. I didn't really inspect them much more than that and proceeded to plant. The next day I noticed one of the Leaders on one of the trees had snapped. I took pics and sent to FGT, explaining it had already been planted and was unsure if it was received/shipped that way. Kim in customer service helped me determine if the snap was going to hinder the growth of the tree by sending articles/links to review. I decided I wanted a replacement tree and said I was willing to pay for it...they sent me a replacement free of charge. I have read positive reviews of theirs from people that have purchased dozens of trees if not a hundred trees. I only purchased 4 and was treated like a VIP. They have earned a loyal customer in me!
Positive Shihtzumama1
Waxhaw, NC (Zone 7a)
April 10, 2015
Posted on April 9, 2015, updated April 10, 2015
I purchased a Fuyu Persimmon from Fast-Growing-Trees.com last May (2014). They are nearby, so my husband picked it up. It had a few leaves but never really took off. I gave it a great planting hole and watered diligently. By the end of August, all of the leaves had fallen off. I read some reviews from growers who said it would bounce back. It didn\'t. Now it\'s April 2015 and the tree has no new growth. I know that they break dormancy late, but the scraped bark is brown. I\'m pretty sure it\'s dead. I have emailed the company twice and have not gotten a response. Since most reputable nurseries guarantee their plants for 1 year, I thought they may respond and replace the tree. But, my neighbor told me that you have to buy their insurance in order to have the tree replaced. I have never heard of such a thing, and I did not buy the insurance. Money down the drain I guess.
On April 10th, 2015, Shihtzumama1 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

NOTE: The company contacted me today and offered to allow me to pay the plant insurance now, retroactive to when I purchased the Persimmon. This would give me a credit towards another tree or plant. I'm happy. Since they reached out to me, I am changing my rating to positive. A poster on gardenweb stated that if any fruit tree is just gonna mysteriously die the first year, it's the persimmon. So I'm just chaulking it up to a mystery death. At the time of purchase, the tree was healthy. I also purchased a blackberry and it is doing great.
Positive Chelsearose
Absecon, NJ
April 9, 2015
This is my first time buying from this company. I bought 2 kwanza cherry trees. Shipping was extremely fast! They were bare root trees and I planted them according to the instructions included. That was about 1 week ago. I'am happy to report they both are sprouting up and down the stems new growth. I buy plants/trees online and or from catalogs every year. I felt confident enought that I have another order in for a Mohave Pyracantha.
Positive rob348
Cincinnati, OH
March 18, 2015
I purchased two 3' holly shrubs from Fast Growing Trees last October. I was skeptical of ordering plants online, but I was impressed when they arrived. They were packaged and shipped in a secure fashion that prevented any damage to the plants. The shrubs looked great (far better than any selection at the local nurseries) and arrived ready to put in the ground with detailed instructions for planting and long term care.

After a long winter season ending with several inches of rain on top of melting snow, the plant's leaves started to brown from over watering. I was concerned when I noticed this, and sent a question back to them to verify my suspicion. They quickly responded within a few hours and confirmed from the pictures I sent along with the request that it was in fact from the amount of water they received. The shrubs are already bouncing back and looking great again.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Fast Growing Trees in the future. Thank you for a great experience, and a friendly customer service team.
Positive politod
Prairieville, LA
March 12, 2015
Purchasing live plants on the internet can be... well, let's just say a little like gambling. You are taking the risk that the plant you will receive is healthy, can withstand being shipped, will be shipped in the proper container and during the proper climate, etc. It takes a lot of trust to hit the "confirm purchase button."

First let me say that I have ordered several trees from fast-growing-trees.com over several years and have had numerous success stories! Unfortunately, just recently, I had one tree not make it. I promptly contacted them through their website, sent pictures, and true to their website, I was contacted within the two business days. Their customer service rep (Amber) looked diligently at the pictures I sent her, gave me advice on how to spruce up one of my trees, and then confirmed that the other one would most likely not rebound. She explained that a replacement would be sent at no cost, not only quickly, but also taking into account the day the tree would be shipped so as to minimize the amount of time the tree would be stressed from shipping. This is customer service at its finest!

While you never want to lose a tree in transit, I could not possibly think of a company handling this any better. I think the key is document any concerns early and let them know if you even think there may be an issue. That way it's in your file and they can always go back and look.

I will definitely continue to be a loyal customer to fast-growing-trees.com, as for me, it's not a gamble to hit the purchase button.... I know I'm in good hands!
Positive Javerezii
Lady Lake, FL
February 28, 2015
F-G-T send me some quality trees. The price was a little more then others I looked at but their reviews were good so I paid the extra. The trees were a little small, but they were of excellent quality.
Positive robti
Cranberry Twp, PA
February 11, 2015
I ordered an olive and a lemon tree. Both arrived well packaged in a short time. I replanted them into the ordered planters and used the recommended soil. Both trees have been placed in my 4 season room, which has radiant floor heating for the winter. At first the olive tree started shedding leaves. I contacted Fast Growing Trees and they responded swiftly, asked for pictures and then asked me to perform a "scratch" test on the trunk. The test showed that the tree is alive and probably just under stress. I was assured that should the tree not recover I would get a replacement. No need for replacement - just 2 weeks alter I saw the first new leaves developing. But then the lemon tree started shedding leaves while developing many buds which bloom. Contacted Fast Growing Trees and they again answered promptly. Assured me that this could be a normal reaction during the blooming process.
All around I am very happy with the service provided and can highly recommend this company!

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.