The scoop on 'Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com)'

4475 Morris Park Drive, Suite J
Charlotte, North Carolina 28227 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook
This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive byront42
Veneta, OR
April 21, 2014
I have ordered from them many times. Some of the plants lived and some died, but generally, I would say that the failure of the plants was due to my lack of experience. The one thing I would complain about is something they've already fixed. Detailed planting and care instructions for each plant is now part of the service. Their prices are definitely higher than the only other place I've ever ordered from (I don't know how they compare generally) but the plants are much more mature and in some cases bore fruit the first year as opposed to the other place who's plants have yet to bear fruit after 3 years. As a gardening beginner, I'm most pleased by their customer service. I usually buy the add on guarantee. This is a kind of insurance that adds about 10% to the price, but if that plant fails within the first year, they will give the full price of that plant as a credit toward buying a replacement. For my money, Fast Growing Trees is number 1.
Positive joeriw
Limestone, TN
April 18, 2014
Hi,

I've ordered 4 trees from FGTs sometime in February. I had been looking forward to that for almost a year, so I was very excited!

I have a 4-in-1 apple tree, a Clementine tree, a Mayer Lemon tree and a Cavendish banana plant.

All of them came nicely packed! I transplanted them into slightly bigger pot. Of course I planted the apple tree in my front yard :-)

A month or two after they arrived, my Lemon tree looks really nice! Although they pruned it nicely, I did prune it back just a little more. The result looks great. There are nice shoots coming out, and I'm keeping about 3 per branch (depending on witch way they are pointing).
My banana plant is growing nicely too! It took a few weeks before it sprouted, but since then it's been growing nice and steady.
The apple tree is in bloom right now, and looks great! For that tree, I had also ordered the planting package which included a few things to help out, one of which was fertilizer. I water it every other day depending on the weather.
My Clementine tree had some minor issues... It came bigger than I had ordered (so that is nice), but it had some spots on the leaves. After asking FGTs and sending a picture, they said it was just some rust due to heavy rainfall. The tree grew nice (and a lot of-) blossoms! But then they all seemed to die off... And leaves also started to just drop off of the tree... Again I asked FGTs for help (I also tried to look up some stuff). As it turned out, it did need some fertilizer... And I also tested the soil and it was a bit on the alkaline side (citrus trees like acidic soil). I fixed both issues, and I took it onto myself to also prune it back a bit. I'm happy to report that on this tree, I now also have healthy looking shoots all over the place :D

In a nutshell:

Great shipping, good information on the site, very nice looking trees and great assistance when you have questions or any kind of issue!

I highly recommend FGTs and will definitely buy more trees (...if my wife lets me) :)
Positive sgittins13
Lincoln, CA
April 18, 2014
I ordered a cold hardy avocado tree that arrived on time however the top portion of the tree had been damage in transit.
I emailed FGT about the tree and included a picture. They got back to me quickly and sent a replacement.

I would buy again form them, great customer service.
Positive doriseclark
April 3, 2014
To Allison: My experience with you and the replacement of the Meyer Lemon tree was a wonderful surprise! The replacement tree was better than the original tree. This company more than stands behind the products that are offered and the customer service is outstanding. Thank you, Allison for all your help. I am a truly satisfied and will be a purchasing again customer over and over.
Positive leafraker
Virginia Beach
United States
April 2, 2014
Some minor confusion over species of a Korean Boxwood. While trying to match my existing thirty (30) year olds I found it to be nearly impossible. FGT shipped my selection (Wintergreen) and not being the match I expected I called them and without quibble they instantly sent me a replacement. The replacement has since been planted and the comparison to the older ones is quite compatible. An excellent company to do business with and they seem to go the extra mile for their customers
Positive jagrogan
White Lily, KY (Zone 6a)
March 21, 2014
I bought 2 trees, a key lime and blood orange citrus, 4 - 5 foot high.

They arrived in good shape but either they were shipped with a spider mite infestation or they picked one up in the house and dropped all their leaves.

So I've been waiting for new leaves and no such luck but two new branches are growing at the base of the blood orange trunk.

Disappointed I asked if they would replace and they said yes, just buy the guaranty and so I will. They'll even wait till I move next week to a new house and hopefully avoid a spider mite problem again. I've very thankful to them, I don't have a big income and wouldn't have been able to replace the trees otherwise.

I'd recommend them.

Thanks Fast Growing Trees!
Positive yarbrough30139
Fairmount, GA
March 20, 2014
I have ordered several times from FGT. There products are always in excellent condition when received. The packaging is extremely secure for the precious live plants, and the tree/bush itself is always received healthy and green if not a dormant shipment (time of year appropriate).

I can not say enough about this company. I had one tree look puny immediately following receipt, I sent pictures and it was replaced free of charge immediately. The customer service is exceptional; fast, easy, and fair.

The products are unbeatable in quality mail order live plants!
Positive Trinket56
Madison, AL
March 20, 2014
Last year I purchased four Royal Empress Trees from Fast Growing Trees along with warranties. I had purchased from the company before with excellent results. This past year has been unusually rainy and cold for our area. The trees I bought arrived in very good condition and I planted them with great confidence that they would do well. As stated our weather was not the best. This spring there is not a sign of life in any of my new trees. I emailed and called Fast Growing Trees. They were both professional (offering advice) and courteous. They immediately activated my warranties and I submitted a re-order this morning along with additional orders for other trees/plants. I appreciate a company that does what is says. I look forward to doing more business with Fast Growing Trees.
Positive theoej
Jacksonville, FL
March 19, 2014
I ordered a Peach Tree from Fast Growing Trees. I received the tree in excellent condition, I planted it in a pot as it was winter time. Not really sure what happened as i took every precaution necessary to protect it from the few freezes we get in North Eastern Florida, but the plant showed no signs of life come spring time. Per their guarantee they state in the terms of replacement for a deciduous tree that doesn't emerge from dormancy come spring time they will replace it. I wrote their customer service and explained the situation and they were more than happy to replace the tree free of my cost. They were so helpful and friendly, they have earned a customer for life, best online in my opinion.
Positive LeesSFGarden
Alameda, CA
March 17, 2014
I have been a Fast Growing Trees customer for many years. I have ordered and successfully grown several Royal Empress trees and hybrid willows. I have been more than happy with the quality and delivery of their trees. I recently ordered a Canadian Hemlock with the one year warranty. While the tree was packed very well, the box and tree arrived damaged. It was evident the delivery company mishandled the box. The box was dented and the tree limbs were broken. I contacted Fast Growing Trees after a month of trying to nurse the tree back to health and they instantly provided me with a full credit for a new tree, as per the terms of the plant warranty. I was very happy with the ease of my transaction and the honesty of their plant warranty. I will continue to order my trees and shrubs from Fast Growing Trees until I run out of space in my garden.
Positive drewwest
Meiners Oaks, CA
March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for the terrific service.

We look forward to our new trees and will plan to make future purchases with Fast-growing-trees as our yard and garden plans come together.

Positive Darrellhayes
Manteca, CA
March 5, 2014
To Jennifer: I have received the tree, I just want to say how grateful I am for all you have done for sending me a new tree because the other one was dead on arrival due to the storm. Thank you so very much. Not only did you send me a replacement, but I received a larger one because you are out of stock of my previous order. Please know that I was very excited when it arrived. Your company should be happy to know they have an employee like you. It shows that you care more about customer care than just to receive a paycheck. And you showed me that because you looked into my case . So from my point of view, they should value and appreciate you for what you do. And because of that I will definitely order from you again.

Darrell Hayes
Positive agmama
Jefferson, TX
February 24, 2014
I recieved a bonus for Christmas and thought of the talents spoken of in the Bible. How can I invest my $100 bonus the best.. I decided to
invest in an Avacado and Banana. I did and it was to arrive the day after Chirstmas but Fedx had troubles and the banana arrived 1 month and 2 days later. I planted it and it looked dead after only 2 days. I called and a great lady answered and said to try folier fertilizer, I did and it is wonderful. When our bad weather was done, I called them for the avacado reshipment and they didnt argue but sent it immediatly. It is awesome.Thank you Thank you.
Positive novauser
Leesburg, VA
February 17, 2014
I have ordered from FGT for a few years now and all of the trees I have received from them have been exceedingly healthy and have produced incredibly delicious fruits. Anytime I have had a problem their customer service has responded immediately and with complete satisfaction on my end. So much so I continue to order from them with regularity! If you order from them you can be assured that you will receive very healthy trees and their commitment to make sure you are satisfied.
Positive zhengfangchen
Millburn, NJ
February 11, 2014
I ordered 3 citrus trees from fast-growing-trees.com, they are blood orange, calamondin orange, and nagami kamquat; they were shipped promptly at my specified shipping date; even it was during the coldest days in Zone 7 (north New Jersey), trees arrived in good shape; after standing in my living room for one night, all branches and leaves stretched nicely; with my white baby grand piano and two 5 ft citrus trees on the side to the front of my sunshine large picture window, that part of my living room becomes such a beautiful scenic corner, I enjoy watching these trees all the time, I wish I have a way to upload a picture to this review. Thank you fast-growing-trees.com, this is the first time I placed an online plant order and I have a great experience. I will keep ordering from fast-growing-trees going forward.
Positive Gardensmarts
BUSHKILL, PA
December 11, 2013
LOVE LOVE LOVE this Company. Addicted actually. The first item I bought was the Banana Tree, not 3 day's after getting this tree I saw a weed...HA glad I didn't pick it, it was a BABY banana tree, Momma has fruit and the baby is HUGE already, second buy was an Orange Tree, this poor tree, when I got her, great shape, called Fast Growing Trees before I planted (wanted to do it right.) they helped me step by step. Ahhh But dopey me, I planted her in a Pot too BIG (sigh) Then I watered this poor thing once a week. I had noticed that the soil was always damp so I didn't give her water for a few weeks, then stupid fall came (Yelk) time to bring her in and OMG The amount of water that came spilling out was insane, the deck formed a Vacuum and the water didn't drip out. NOTHING happened. My Orange tree is pushing out leaves and oranges. AWESOME. Third order was the Pineapple ROCKS Do nothing but watch her grow. Forth Order...lemon tree. Those lemons are Wonderful. Tons of flavor. 2-3 year tree, 4 lemons thank you very much LOOOVE IT. Then final order so far, Tangreo She arrived so beautiful and lush, but now it's annoying winter. So I called and asked about pot planting, I got help and they told me that the leaves would fall off due to cold temps and the shock. Well fall of they did indeed lol. I have a small amount left. I got reworried and told them that there was some funky stuff on the leaves, they were concerned and they asked for Pictures even though I told them that the tree seemed fine and healthy...they didn't care they wanted to make sure it was OK lol.. Gotta love them. They told me it was from the frost and all should be OK. YEP I see new leaves coming in. Yeaaaa. Jennifer is AMAZING..what amazing Costumer service. I know that they have been working on their Costumer service...well...they did it and they did it well. Now I am waiting for my Apple Tree...yeaaaa. Oh and if you are wondering how you can plant a tree in a hard place like Alamosa Colorado where my Mom and Dad live, Yep Fastgrowingtrees.com will help you. LOVE THEM! I am not done buying trees from them. Thank you FGT Love you all.
Positive ArtProf1
Jamestown, ND
October 16, 2013
Fast Growing Trees sold me a total of 9 emerald arborvitae. All healthy and growing well. The single one in August (bought 3 then) was somewhat ragged, but the other two (in one box) were perfect. The last 4 arrived yesterday and are in the ground. BEAUTIFUL specimens. Pricey at $100 each w/shipping, so expected a great quality 4-5 foot shrub. And they were ALL gorgeous Highly recommend anyone needing a tall-ish privacy shrub that shows its stuff year around. These do and in zone 4.
Negative Bueno
September 23, 2013
Do not buy from this company!!!! They charge four times more than other nurseries, so you think you are getting a superior product, but that is not the case. I ordered a cherry tree from them last fall and they sent this little dead looking twig with a horrible graph. I planted it and took care of it hoping for the best. In the spring, it never had a single leaf. I contacted them and asked for a refund. They did not refund my money. I contacted them again in the fall and they said they would give me a ten dollar gift card. I will never order from them again. They are scam artists. The negative feedback is removed from their website, leaving only the positive comments. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!
Company representative comment on October 9, 2013:
On Oct 9, 2013 12:14 PM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

We received initial contact of a potential problem with this tree around middle of May. At this time we asked for a photograph of the tree, and requested a bark scratch test to be done to ensure the tree was actually dead. We never heard back from this customer until the end of September that this was still an issue. Once we heard this client was upset, we immediately reached out to this customer and came to a resolution that was acceptable to this customer. At this time we believe this issue has been resolved to the customers satisfaction.

Positive melangroup
Saint Pete Beach, FL
September 12, 2013
I am very pleased with the quality and service as well as fast and easy delivery. This is a great way for me to order exactly the trees/shrubs I want and they are delivered right to my door. upon one delivery plants may have gotten over heated during delivery, Fast growing trees responded and replaced trees quickly. I am satisfied enough that I choose to go to this site during a normal busy day to praise fast growing trees I will order again.

Robert V. Florida
Negative threefeethighan
Grand Island, NE
September 7, 2013
SOOOOOO disappointed. So many positive reviews for this company that I wonder if they make up for it on just the occasional customer. Just received a "5-6' " golden raintree and paid full price shipping. Expected it to be in a 3 to 5 gallon tub for the price I paid for shipping, especially since there was no indication anywhere that they would bare root it (plus I paid double what others online are selling the bare root version for). So what do I get? A 5.5' tree with only the stripped down root ball, no dirt no tub, with the root ball only wrapped in some paper and slipped into a plastic bag closed with a cable tie. NOT dormant, with all the leaves still green (but dying), in Zone 5 (not the time to plant bare root in our zone). And the customer service guy has the nerve to tell me "Oh no, it is not bare root. We just strip off all the dirt to save you money on shipping (I did not save a dime, so they must have). On top of that, someone just slipped this poor poor young tree into a 6' long, 1' square box with NOTHING to stabiIlize it and NO protection AT ALL. So the poor thing was just knocking around in the box during shipping and came with several of the VERY LIMITED stems broken and parallel to the trunk, and several stems and multiple leaves completely broken off in the box, and most of the other leaves completely dry. Some were starting to brown and a few were already completely brown/black. Additionally, and surprisingly, the trunk is only less than 1" diameter but somehow already considerably bowed for most of its length, as if they did not stake/train it right. I planted it with a lot of care and high hopes, but I do not really believe it will make it (Nebraska winter will probably finish this traumatized tree off). My next step will be to talk to their so-called "customer service" again and see what they will do for me. But this really should not have happened from a company with so many other supposedly happy customers. Again, very disappointed. And VERY worried, as I also ordered two other 5-6' trees from them at the same time which have not yet arrived (kousa dogwood and weeping cherry). I can only hope those will be much nicer specimens in much better condition when they arrive.
Company representative comment on October 9, 2013:
On Oct 9, 2013 12:09 PM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

This customer contacted us immediately upon receipt of his tree. We did discuss the root ball and our method of shipping. We try to remove the pot from some product to minimize the effects to the environment by reusing these, as well as removing some of the circling roots to ensure the success of this plant. We take pride in working towards a more efficient, eco- friendly process to ship our trees. We have contacted this customer and resolved this situation to the customer’s satisfaction.

Positive inkandpearls
Round Rock, TX
August 5, 2013
I am so pleased with my entire experience with Fast Growing Trees. I initially hesitated ordering live plants online, but I am so glad that I did. The website is incredibly helpful and easy to use, and I have been thrilled with every step of my purchase process. The customer service and thoughtful follow through is very impressive. This is what online shopping should be like.

My first three plants/trees were carefully packaged and are now doing beautifully in my backyard. I've just placed my second order, and I can hardly wait to get my new tree!

I'm a now a loyal customer!
Positive rockpilegarden
Las Vegas, NV
August 2, 2013
Recently contacted Fast-Growing-Trees.com about a Kwanzan Cherry tree that "snapped" in half. When I received the tree in March, I called customer service to advise them that the trunk of the tree had two serious abrasions indicating earlier damage or weakness. I planted the tree at their urging, and it appeared to be doing well. On 7/28, following a rainstorm, I noted the tree had snapped in half between those abrasions! I notified customer service of the problem and asked that they consider replacing the tree. I received an email telling me that they could offer a $20.00 credit since I had not purchased additional insurance. After emailing customer rep, Jennifer, I explained since I had reported the damaged trunk upon receipt of the tree, clearly stating my concern about previous damage, that I thought it totally inappropriate that FGT expected me to absorb the cost less a $20.00 credit. This morning I received an email from Jennifer that under the circumstances FGT agreed with my assessment and a replacement tree would be sent this week. Nice work Jennifer; creating win/win situations for your company and your customers is why your business will continue to be successful. It is a pleasant surprise to find a company who does the right thing!!! I look forward to continuing my landscaping purchases with Fast-Growing-Trees.com. Kudos to Jennifer for "going to bat" for her customer!! I'll be back!
Positive CLoxley83
Antioch, OH
August 2, 2013
Are you the genius of "Fast Growing Trees"? I have seen other comments directed to you personally---or perhaps you are a corporate persona…. Anyway, Pam, our Crape Myrtle and Black Bamboo arrived yesterday. I was amazed at the fast delivery and they are all absolutely beautiful!!!
My sister died in May and we have collected contributions for a memorial garden for her at the facility where she lived for the last 2 years of her life. I will be ordering more wonderful trees from you to create the Poetry Garden Memorial for my sister. Thank you!
Negative Rebiez
Brookeville, MD
July 31, 2013
My mother and I ordered over $800 of trees, berries, bushes, etc. Several trees arrived dormant, and two of them never grew all year. The two we purchased for total of $127. E-mailed pictures of the two (completely dead) trees that were planted immediately and cared for more than adequately.

I was told that because we didn't purchase additional insurance that they sell I was not entitled to a refund or replacement. I was offered a $20 credit to shop there again - what?! We paid for live trees. This is not an acceptable customer service policy. We will not be back.
Company representative comment on October 9, 2013:
On Oct 9, 2013 12:10 PM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

When we heard that there was a potential issue on this customer’s order we were well outside of the initial warranty period. We do offer a 1 year guarantee to purchase during checkout which was not purchased. When we became aware of this particular situation we extended our hand by offering a $20 store credit towards a future purchase. Our Customer Service Manager has reached out to this customer multiple times to work towards a fair resolution, and have not been contacted back as of yet.

Positive hasger
MOOERS FORKS, NY
July 13, 2013
All in all we ordered trees worth $300. Order fulfillment was quick. The trees were packaged extremely well and they arrived in a healthy condition. Almost two months after being planted all trees are thriving.
At first we were a little weary to order trees for this much money online but trees that size in local nurseries cost about the same only, the ones we received looked much more vigorous. One bare rooted sapling arrived dead and probably was shipped that way, too. The replacement - this time a 4 foot version - was on its way even before we notified them - at no extra charge.
We'll definitely order from them again!
Positive rjl2
Monroe, CT
July 11, 2013
I found this site doing a web search for Giant Thujas. I was creating a border with my neighbor so decided to try it out. We bought 7 Thujas the first year. They came as described, planted, and all are thriving. The second year, we finished the border (I don't like to rush) and purchased 9 more. They actually were nicer and bigger than the original order. Planted all of them per specs and now all 16 are thriving.. They are not huge but they are growing..
This year I purchased a Royal Empress. when it came, it did not look good. I planted it and it never took off. I called the company and they told me to submit a picture of it to see if it would be salvagable. Within 24 hours of the submit, I had a response and they were going to send me a new tree. I got the tree a week later. It looked a lot better from the packaging. I planted it last week and it seems to be doing well.

So overall I am happy with this company and would recommend (and have recommended) to my friends and family. Although I am a fan of buying local I have found their service to be convenient, affordable, and friendly.
Positive dgotterb
Baldwin, NY
June 30, 2013
Wonderful to do business with. They listen and I have a japanese bloodgood red maple that is incredible.
Positive adamshunter
Carlisle, OH
June 22, 2013
I have ordered trees from Fast-Growing-Trees.com in the past and have been thoroughly pleased with the quality of the items I received. I have a cherry tree and a coral bark Japanese maple that are thriving! I recently ordered a river birch for my yard. The tree was shipped in its dormant state, and I planted it using the planting kit available for purchase from the company. I waited for it to come out of dormancy, but have not had any success. I contacted Fast-Growing-Trees.com via email to see if they would be able to help me out... not only did I receive a very speedy response from them, they also quickly processed a credit to my account for the replacement of the tree. All I had to do was fill out the form online and provide a photo of my poor dead tree. The fact that the tree did not make it is just one of those things that happen... the other 2 trees that I had ordered previously are doing so well that I wasn't concerned about the quality of the product from the company. The reason I am here is because of the excellent customer service that I have received. It means a lot to me that a company doesn't just deliver a good product, but also cares about the relationship with their customer. I will happily order from them again because of this.
Positive Walpolegardener
EAST WALPOLE, MA
June 19, 2013
I ordered a 3-gallon Knock-out yellow rose through Amazon. Fast-Growing-Trees.com fulfilled the order. The package arrived in tact, no damages. However, I found the plant to be probably 0.5 gallon, not 3 gallon size. I contacted the phone number given on the packing slip, and Kaci, who answered the phone, promptly took the complaint and requested a picture of the product received. I emailed them the picture, and they promptly replied giving me refund of the amount paid and asked me to keep the plant as a gift from them - even when I asked to be charged for the 0.5 gallon plant. Very good customer service. The plant itself is good, although, much smaller than what I ordered. I am very impressed with their service and will go back to them for my future plant needs.
Positive SoCalGal2
Murrieta, CA
June 18, 2013
Posted on June 18, 2013, updated June 18, 2013
Posted on May 30, 2013, updated June 18, 2013
Because the Operations Manager was so gracious with the first order issues, I am leaving Neutral feedback instead of negative. I wanted to leave positive feedback, but after the 2nd order issue and the fake promotions ($50 off $100 & $100 off $200, but I know their real pricing and I see they increase prices when offering this promo) that deceit does not sit well with me. I want to get a Natchez Crape Myrtle but am afraid to purchase from them again. Here is my experience: I placed an order with Fast Growing Trees. The Tonto Crape Myrtle arrived with 3 feet of the central leader broken off. I called several times and emailed also and was shined on. I kept proof of successful deliveries of the emails, so I know they got them. In the last email, I was very, very angry. Only then did I receive a call from the Operations Manager, who bent over backwards to make things right - and he did make things right for that order and I thanked him sincerely and profusely. I placed another order requesting a delayed shipment. They did not delay it as promised. I called the OP Mgr and he told me he would try to retrieve it and would call the next day and discuss making it up to me. No call. I called the following day and was told he was able to retrieve it. That was it. I had expected better service the 2nd time as he told me the first time they had improved their customer service and to give them a chance. I gave a chance but they did not come through. I was very disappointed. We have 5 acres and I want to establish a relationship with a reputable and consistent company. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble of going through it again when I can buy from another vendor.

On June 18th, 2013, SoCalGal2 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I upgraded my experience to positive due to Josh's outstanding customer service. I was surprised when Josh contacted me after seeing my review and being alerted to the issue. He righted the wrong and upgraded the tree size and gave a bonus, too. They shipped as promised and the trees arrived well packaged and are beautiful. It would be great if all FGT customer service representatives handled business like Josh. FGT has great trees but you need to follow up if there is any problem. Although I've had issues with both orders, I would still order from them because FGT does show they value me as a customer. It took a little effort on my part to get to the right person, but in the end it was worth it. My point is, if they mess up, they make it good and at the end of the day, that is great customer service. I hope Josh stays there and is recognized by the company for saving customers!
On June 18th, 2013, SoCalGal2 added the following:

Bottom Line: You can get trees your nursery or big box store doesn't carry; great deals; and if there is a problem, they stand behind it! It's worth some follow-up if needed, and I recommend them!
Neutral CAGirl
Novato, CA
June 17, 2013
Posted on April 29, 2013, updated June 17, 2013
I placed an order as a Memorial Gift and received email confirmation that the tree was shipped last Monday. Checking with the recipient, the tree was not received. I emailed twice and called several times but no one would respond. This morning I finally got through to someone who now informs me that the tree I want is on backorder and they have NO IDEA when it will be available! REALLY??!!! No one could call or email me to let me know this? On top of it all, I then contacted Brighter Blooms and they DO have the trees (not 4' but still) and would ship it out asap. I asked, specifically, if this company was related in any way to "Fast Growing Trees.com" and was told NO. So.... I have cancelled that order as well. A LIE ON TOP OF HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Do Not order anything from this company unless you are prepared to stay on top of them and micro-manage your order. Even then, it does not seem that you will receiv a truthful answer.
On June 17th, 2013, CAGirl changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

The company has contacted me regarding their poor customer service and have provided me with a refund. This did not alleviate my wasted time but they get points for following up, at last.
Positive JuliaSophia
MacKenzie, AL
June 15, 2013
I have place two orders in the past month and received both orders as expected. Two citrus and one avocado tree were ordered at the same time and all three arrived in one package, well packed and in excellent shape. My second order was for black bamboo (clumping) and was received with 5 free strawberry plants, again all received in one well packed box. I just ordered another fruit tree and I'm confident it will be received well packaged and in the same good condition. I contacted the company to ask if any of their trees were genetically modified, (GMO's) and I received an almost immediate answer, NO GMO's. This is an issue extremely important to me. I am a satisfied, forever customer.
Positive Jaywng
Centralia, WA
June 5, 2013
We have ordered several times from this company before. First, a 6' tall Weeping Willow that arrived healthy and hearty, which I accidentally almost killed last year, that has gamely bounced back this year. Second, a large avocado tree that arrived leafy and strongly branched, and is going strong. Third was a 3 gal Brown Turkey fig tree which arrived with its leaves fallen off and the branches shriveling.

Since this was not our experience with this company, my husband said to give it time. I did, and still no leaves and buds, so I decided it was dead, and that I was outside the 5 day refund window, but thought it wouldn't hurt to contact the company anyway. I called near the end of the business day and was 20th in the call queue, getting to number 2 in the queue when I was suddenly dropped with a message that the volume of calls made it difficult to respond in a timely manner and please call back later. I suspected it was simply because the work day had ended and people went home. Since I know the company is working on its customer service, I suggest, they correct this, if that was the case. My apologies, if I am being unnecessarily cynical.

I attempted to send a message via their website and found the portal was not available while they were making improvements to it. Since the Customer Service line was no longer open for business, I called and routed to the Sales line to see if they had an email address for Customer Service. She did not. (I forgot to mention I had sent an email outlining my problems by responding to the order confirmation email and noted after the fact that it was noted to be an unmonitored address and I wasn't sure my message had gone through.

So I was getting rather skeptical that I would see any corrections for my problem. But that just proves one should never lose faith. After a bit, it turned out that somebody must have browsed through the unmonitored address mail, since I received a response from Kimberly and was requested to send some pictures. I did, and she responded immediately, indicating that the nursery manager recommended waiting until the end of May to see if the tree bounced back. Hmm, I thought. Well I wasn't holding my breath for a happy ending.

Today, I contacted Kimberly and advised her the tree had not shown any signs of life. She responded immediately to tell me she was sending a free replacement tree. So all's well that ends well.

So, despite a bit of a rocky road, when things don't go perfectly with this company, if you give them a chance, they'll come through.
Positive Tereg
Port Vincent, LA
June 4, 2013
My order seemed to have gotten lost as after 2 weeks, I still had not gotten an email saying my order had shipped. They were quick to respond when I emailed them and on the following week, I had my order; minus 1 tree! I emailed them the problem over a holiday weekend and Tuesday I had a response that they were sorry and were shipping the tree out straightaway. It came today and looks really good. So while I had a problem initially, their response was quick when I'd email them both times. Customer Service was really good in getting my 3rd tree shipped and without giving me any problems to boot and I appreciate that the most.
Negative magelsinger
Mechanicsburg, PA
May 29, 2013
Fast-Growing-Trees order #606925 on 21Mar2013 of 8 royal empress trees. 6 currently growing from bare root stock- 2 have shown no growth. Sent 2 emails with no response, 3rd email I explained that I would be posting a negative comment here and got response to replace the 2 non-growing trees within a couple of hours. I will still never order from them ever again and suggest no one else does either. There are many other deserving mail-order businesses with better customer service to be utilized.
Company representative comment on July 26, 2013:
On Jul 26, 2013 10:35 AM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

We received an email correspondence from this customer on May 29th explaining that he had sent numerous emails we did not respond to. We have looked through our email system, and cannot find an email prior to this one on the 29th. The same day we received the email about an issue, we promptly added the 2 replacement plants to be processed. The replacement plants were shipped out 4 business days after the receipt of the original email. Our customer service manager has reached out 5 times via phone to make sure this customer has no further issues, and has not received a return call.
We sincerely hope our promptness with our resolution has satisfied our customer.

Positive PsuCheryl
Hollidaysburg, PA
May 27, 2013
Posted on May 23, 2013, updated May 27, 2013
We ordered an Empress tree in early April. We expected to get a tree. Instead, we got a 4 ft box with a pot of dirt in it. I called the company and was told there was a rootball in the package and too look for it. When I discovered there was no rootball, I contacted them again. They sent me a replacement. This was not much better, we had a rootball with some green sprigs. We then planted the product as directed and have seen no results.
When I complained, I was told the trees take time to grow....this is suppose to be a 'fast growing' tree.
I was then told I already used my warranty purchase on my first complaint so they would not do anything more for me.
WASTE OF MONEY. Very poor customer service. You get what you pay for!!!!
On May 27th, 2013, PsuCheryl changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Got a call from someone higher up. They apologized and are sending a larger tree at no charge. He said he was having growing problems with the company.
Positive snelco
Cottage Grove, OR
May 27, 2013
I have purchased several trees from this company. The orange tree I purchased came full of oranges and there are about 30 fruits on the tree now about the size of gum balls. Recently I purchased an avocado tree and due to shipping delays beyond their control, it arrived several days late and was in bad shape. I contacted them immediately and they shipped me another tree within a week. The second tree arrived in perfect condition and is growing well. I have been in business for over 40 years and know the value of good customer service. This company did everything right and have a customer for life. I would, and do recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a quality product.
Positive sueherrick
Banner, IL (Zone 5a)
May 23, 2013
Posted on May 20, 2013, updated May 23, 2013
Wow, I sure wish I had found reviews about this company before purchasing from them.

I am giving them a neutral rating at this time, but am bordering on changing it to negative. My trees (???) have not arrived yet and when they do get here, I will decide after that weather to leave a neutral rating or change it to negative.

I ordered two Royal Empress trees way back in the month of January. (and my husband ordered another one, to be a gift to me) Their website information showed shipping for my area to be May.

I ordered 3-4 foot tall trees. May 6 I received an email telling me my trees did not reach the 3-4 foot height. So they are sending me a 1 gallon root crown. *Not* that I was given a choice about that.

They did say they were giving me a $4 per tree refund. Not that I was getting money back. I have to use it on a future purchase from them. Which I consider to be a total loss on my part, because I have no plans nor wishes to ever order from this place again.

As for the 1 gallon root crown they said they are sending - I still have not received them. I have called them twice and all I am told is that they are mailing out the trees. Well, I made my first call to Fast Growing Trees May 8 or 9 and those trees they were mailing have not arrived yet. I also placed a question (on May9) asking where my trees are, using their website contact, and their email replay (received May 12) said they were mailing trees. Today is May 20, and no trees.

I don't even know if the word "trees" is really the correct wording, since they are sending me 1 gallon root crowns.
On May 23rd, 2013, sueherrick changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

A very nice person named Chris called me about the trees. He explained that I had received a wrong email. He was very polite and nice and really sounded very caring about good service and quality service.

He resolved everything and I am feeling much better about my experience with Fast Growing Trees and am thinking of ordering from them next spring.
Positive david358
May 13, 2013
I found this business late last fall (2012) while looking for a new source for starter trees. The place I used before simply had gone way down in quality.

I ordered three trees for late fall planting. All of them were shipped together and well packed. The trees all looked very healthy and properly pruned.

This spring just a couple of weeks ago it was clear that one of the trees was not coming out of dormancy and was clearly dead.
I contacted customer service and they responded right away. They asked me to send some pictures to the nursery manager and a description of the problem which I did. I received a response in less than 24 hours crediting me with a complete refund. Everyone I dealt with was helpful, pleasant, and worked quickly to resolve my situation. In the mean time I received another tree from a separate order I made earlier this year. It was properly packaged and arrived in great shape without breakage of any kind.

The two trees I ordered last fall that made it through the winter are doing tremendously. They look healthy and are leafing out. I couldn't be more pleased with the three trees I have planted and growing now. I will definitely use Fast Growing Trees/Empress in the future. I'm already deciding what to purchase with my credit. This was a great experience for me.

Positive DylansTree
Rio Rancho, NM
May 7, 2013
I was sent an Autumn Blaze Maple Tree as a memorial gift for my Son who recently passed away. I was very excited about it and saw that this was quite a beautiful tree. I diligently planted it in April and followed all of the care directions. To my dismay, the tree did not come to life from its dormant state and seems to have died. It was a gift so I just figured I would buy another next year and try again. Yesterday I decided to email FGT and was pleasantly surprised by the service I received! I had no order number, just details like the address. Kaci from FGT listened to my concerns and honored the warranty on the tree. I am looking forward to receiving my replacement tree in the next few weeks. Incredible and prompt customer service!