The scoop on 'Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com)'

4475 Morris Park Drive, Suite J
Charlotte, North Carolina 28227 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

This company is affiliated with 1 company:

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive EffieH
Amston, CT (Zone 6b)
May 16, 2015
Posted on May 15, 2015, updated May 16, 2015
I ordered a maple tree on May 9th and paid with PayPal. I received a confirmation from PayPal with my order number. Their web site says that they ship most trees within 24 hours and that they will email you a shipping confirmation. After several days I realized I hadn\'t received any confirmation from Fast Growing Trees at all. PayPal had given me an order number on their confirmation, so when I checked my order status online at the FGT web site, it said \"no order was found.\" On May 11th I emailed them to see what was going on. No response to my email. On May 13th I called them and was put on hold, told I was the 15th caller and had to wait 15 minutes. After being on hold 15 minutes, I was finally connected to a customer service rep named \"Elvis\" (I really don\'t think that was his real name) who asked me what my order number was. I explained that I didn\'t have an order number because I never received a confirmation. I gave him the number PayPal had given me and he said \"there is no order by that number.\" No duh. I had a PayPal confirmation -- I paid them $103 for a tree. He said, \"I\'ll have to go talk to my manager,\" and put me on hold for another five minutes. Five minutes later, he came back and said \"we located your order, we had to MANUALLY enter it into the system and it should ship tomorrow.\" I asked him if I would get a confirmation email and he said \"yes.\" On May 14th I finally received a response to my email, and it said \"we can\'t find an order from May, 9th. But you do have an order from May 13th.\" I responded and explained what happened and asked them if my order had shipped or if I had a confirmation number at least. No response again. Here it is May 15th, no confirmation, no shipping confirmation, no tree. I\'ll give them a few more days, but then I\'m going to have a file a dispute at PayPal to get my money back. Right now I\'m really not happy, I don\'t like paying money out and getting no confirmation and being ignored. IF I get a tree or at a minimum some kind of confirmation from the company I\'ll come back and update this review.
On May 16th, 2015, EffieH changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

UPDATE: Well my tree showed up the next day after my negative review, so I have to totally change it now. The tree is absolutely GORGEOUS -- it way exceeds my expectations! The packing was phenomenal, the tree was totally protected in the packaging but extremely easy to remove from the box and plant. The dirt in the pot was still nice and moist and the tree had all it's leaves. I had just been out shopping for shade trees locally with absolutely no luck at all, it's really hard to find shade trees at nurseries, they are mostly all ornamental. And when I got home the October Glory tree was waiting on the front porch! Except for the glitch with my order and having to call to have it manually entered, and not receiving any kind of confirmations, this was an excellent experience and I will definitely shop with them again. I bought the additional insurance and after reading all the reviews here, I'm sure I will be happy with my purchase.
Negative Britlon65
Chandler, TX
May 14, 2015
I have had great success with Fast Growing Trees in the past - up until now.

I ordered a white Crepe Myrtle in April of 2013 - came as a lovely tree and it was immediately planted. It is doing so well. That same year I ordered a Crepe Myrtle that was a shrub, so it would not grow too tall for the space in my front garden - it also doling well.

Last year I ordered a Brown Turkey Fig which was planted in October of last year. It looks fantastic after a winter in Austin, Texas I ordered another Brown Turkey Fig this year and I cannot believe how well it doing in just a few weeks

I give them the best rating for the plants I received in the past.

Now to my present problem. I ordered a Sweet Bay Magnolia which arrived last week. It was covered in dead leaves, and ugly shape, and looked like it had been used for grafts for more trees. I have been a gardener for more years than I can remember, since I was a young child working in my parents gardens in England, so I am not a novice gardener.

So I called Fast Growing Trees went it was taken out of the box immediately after it arrived. They said not to send it back, to donate it - which I did to my neighbor's church. I am not sure how well it will do, or if they could bring it back to a viable tree.

Yesterday the replacement tree was delivered. It is approximately six feet tall - a bean pole with three small branches coming out - I was totally in shock that both these trees had not been of the quality I had received in previous years.

My opinion is that with the internet presence they have with so may orders, they do not keep track of repeat customers, and some of us end up getting shoddy merchandise

I hate to say this, because I have enjoyed dealing with them for my online gardening source, I will not
be ordering from then in the future.

Sincerely,

Simone Hart-Logan

Positive docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA (Zone 5a)
April 30, 2015
I'm 79 years young. I just received my Pyracantha in three gallon pots. I have never received nicer stock at any price from any other source. Packing was the best I ever witnessed. I ordered on the 27th of April and received the order on the 29th. This is far better than I expected because no other firm has held up to a will ship tomorrow claim. You did! Thank you. I bought a little larger thus paid a little more. I am sure glad I did. Everything about this order is right up there earning the words excellent to perfect.
Positive ARClose
Bradenton, FL
April 27, 2015
I ordered three trees from "fast growing trees" two came from their nursery and were perfect, another came from another nursery and was broken. I contacted fast growing trees about this and after I sent photos of the damaged tree I received a new one so quickly.
Positive dmtazzy
Alto, TX
April 24, 2015
I ordered 2 rabbiteye blueberry bushes 2-3 ft tall. When I received the shipment I was surprised at how healthy they were. They were potted and full of green leaves and even lots of berries. I did call to ask a question about them and spoke with Elvis. He was just a real joy and I will order again soon and will recommend this company to my friends and family. Happy customer!
Positive mpurwin
Wayland, MI
April 22, 2015
I recently received 4 beautiful Eastern Red Cedar trees to plant as a wind/privacy screen from FGT.com. I ordered the 2-3' plants as they were available and in my price range, and all four were just over 3' in height. I didn't really inspect them much more than that and proceeded to plant. The next day I noticed one of the Leaders on one of the trees had snapped. I took pics and sent to FGT, explaining it had already been planted and was unsure if it was received/shipped that way. Kim in customer service helped me determine if the snap was going to hinder the growth of the tree by sending articles/links to review. I decided I wanted a replacement tree and said I was willing to pay for it...they sent me a replacement free of charge. I have read positive reviews of theirs from people that have purchased dozens of trees if not a hundred trees. I only purchased 4 and was treated like a VIP. They have earned a loyal customer in me!
Neutral HM2015
Bristow, VA
April 12, 2015
Posted on April 10, 2015, updated April 12, 2015
I purchased approximately 10-12 trees a few weeks ago. The service and delivery were very fast, and for the most part, I was happy with the trees. However, my Glen Mango tree promptly turned brown, as did my ice cream banana tree. Also, I was supposed to receive a mature 5-6, well branched quince tree, and what I received was a 5-6 foot whip, with absolutely no branches whatsoever, a complete disappointment as the reason I ordered from FGT was the marketing of \"quick fruiting, or fruiting in the first season,\" prominently written on all their pages. I had also ordered a 4-in-one apple tree, but was sent two 4-in-one cherries. They did send an apple tree, and customer service was friendly. I am disappointed in the mango and banana trees, and hope the make it. However, I am more disturbed by the immature quince tree I was sent for $65 versus the \"well-branched, more mature\" tree I had expected based on their literature.

I purchased the one year warranty on all the trees, thus can get a replacement for the above, I suppose. But, it is disappointing, as quince happens to be one of my favorite fruits.

I will change the review if I have any difficulties, or if my trees regroup and grow back.

On April 12th, 2015, HM2015 added the following:

I have to say I am very, pleasantly, surprised by FGT's customer service!!!! They followed up with me the very next day after this post to explain that my quince tree looked like it was 2-years old, and should branch out in the next year. They also offered to replace the tree if it has not branched out.

I am still disappointed that I didn't get a more mature tree, because I thought I was purchasing one several years old, but the customer service is delightful. Such a pleasure to deal with people like this!!!

Congratulations on having such a wonderful and proactive team, FGT!!!!
Positive Shihtzumama1
Waxhaw, NC (Zone 7a)
April 10, 2015
Posted on April 9, 2015, updated April 10, 2015
I purchased a Fuyu Persimmon from Fast-Growing-Trees.com last May (2014). They are nearby, so my husband picked it up. It had a few leaves but never really took off. I gave it a great planting hole and watered diligently. By the end of August, all of the leaves had fallen off. I read some reviews from growers who said it would bounce back. It didn\'t. Now it\'s April 2015 and the tree has no new growth. I know that they break dormancy late, but the scraped bark is brown. I\'m pretty sure it\'s dead. I have emailed the company twice and have not gotten a response. Since most reputable nurseries guarantee their plants for 1 year, I thought they may respond and replace the tree. But, my neighbor told me that you have to buy their insurance in order to have the tree replaced. I have never heard of such a thing, and I did not buy the insurance. Money down the drain I guess.
On April 10th, 2015, Shihtzumama1 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

NOTE: The company contacted me today and offered to allow me to pay the plant insurance now, retroactive to when I purchased the Persimmon. This would give me a credit towards another tree or plant. I'm happy. Since they reached out to me, I am changing my rating to positive. A poster on gardenweb stated that if any fruit tree is just gonna mysteriously die the first year, it's the persimmon. So I'm just chaulking it up to a mystery death. At the time of purchase, the tree was healthy. I also purchased a blackberry and it is doing great.
Positive Chelsearose
Absecon, NJ
April 9, 2015
This is my first time buying from this company. I bought 2 kwanza cherry trees. Shipping was extremely fast! They were bare root trees and I planted them according to the instructions included. That was about 1 week ago. I'am happy to report they both are sprouting up and down the stems new growth. I buy plants/trees online and or from catalogs every year. I felt confident enought that I have another order in for a Mohave Pyracantha.
Positive rob348
Cincinnati, OH
March 18, 2015
I purchased two 3' holly shrubs from Fast Growing Trees last October. I was skeptical of ordering plants online, but I was impressed when they arrived. They were packaged and shipped in a secure fashion that prevented any damage to the plants. The shrubs looked great (far better than any selection at the local nurseries) and arrived ready to put in the ground with detailed instructions for planting and long term care.

After a long winter season ending with several inches of rain on top of melting snow, the plant's leaves started to brown from over watering. I was concerned when I noticed this, and sent a question back to them to verify my suspicion. They quickly responded within a few hours and confirmed from the pictures I sent along with the request that it was in fact from the amount of water they received. The shrubs are already bouncing back and looking great again.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Fast Growing Trees in the future. Thank you for a great experience, and a friendly customer service team.
Positive politod
Prairieville, LA
March 12, 2015
Purchasing live plants on the internet can be... well, let's just say a little like gambling. You are taking the risk that the plant you will receive is healthy, can withstand being shipped, will be shipped in the proper container and during the proper climate, etc. It takes a lot of trust to hit the "confirm purchase button."

First let me say that I have ordered several trees from fast-growing-trees.com over several years and have had numerous success stories! Unfortunately, just recently, I had one tree not make it. I promptly contacted them through their website, sent pictures, and true to their website, I was contacted within the two business days. Their customer service rep (Amber) looked diligently at the pictures I sent her, gave me advice on how to spruce up one of my trees, and then confirmed that the other one would most likely not rebound. She explained that a replacement would be sent at no cost, not only quickly, but also taking into account the day the tree would be shipped so as to minimize the amount of time the tree would be stressed from shipping. This is customer service at its finest!

While you never want to lose a tree in transit, I could not possibly think of a company handling this any better. I think the key is document any concerns early and let them know if you even think there may be an issue. That way it's in your file and they can always go back and look.

I will definitely continue to be a loyal customer to fast-growing-trees.com, as for me, it's not a gamble to hit the purchase button.... I know I'm in good hands!
Positive Javerezii
Lady Lake, FL
February 28, 2015
F-G-T send me some quality trees. The price was a little more then others I looked at but their reviews were good so I paid the extra. The trees were a little small, but they were of excellent quality.
Positive robti
Cranberry Twp, PA
February 11, 2015
I ordered an olive and a lemon tree. Both arrived well packaged in a short time. I replanted them into the ordered planters and used the recommended soil. Both trees have been placed in my 4 season room, which has radiant floor heating for the winter. At first the olive tree started shedding leaves. I contacted Fast Growing Trees and they responded swiftly, asked for pictures and then asked me to perform a "scratch" test on the trunk. The test showed that the tree is alive and probably just under stress. I was assured that should the tree not recover I would get a replacement. No need for replacement - just 2 weeks alter I saw the first new leaves developing. But then the lemon tree started shedding leaves while developing many buds which bloom. Contacted Fast Growing Trees and they again answered promptly. Assured me that this could be a normal reaction during the blooming process.
All around I am very happy with the service provided and can highly recommend this company!
Positive catherinemccarr
Boston, MA
January 26, 2015
Bought a 2-3 year old Meyer Lemon Tree. It arrived on the coldest day of the year here in the Northeast. After a few days, many of the leaves curled up and shriveled and dropped off. The ones that were left turned spotty yellow! I panicked, and called FGT Customer Service (at least four times). EACH TIME they gave me solid information as to what to do, how to repot a new tree (mine will be mostly inside) how to fertilize, what kind of sun exposure, and advice on trimming off old leaves and any damaged branches. And generally being encouraging that my tree would survive! Within a week, the tree was putting out new leaves and now it's literally covered with new leaves and shoots. Customer Service is superb. I would do business again with this company.
Positive shipimo
Englishtown, NJ
January 21, 2015
I have to begin saying that this was my first time buying a tree online. I placed my order over the phone. The customer service was great. 3 days after I recieved my tree. Unfortunately, the delivery company left my tree outside my garage door when the temperature outside was 15F. as you all can imagen, the tree got frozen. I call the company trying to figure it out, why the delivery person seeing that the box says big and clear LIVE PLANT, didnt knock the door and instead, just left it out. The Representative who took my phone call was very understanding and gave me a replacement tree. As a new customer, I truly appreciate the way everything was handle. I will order more trees in the future with this amazing company!
Positive raisedoncoffee
Goleta, CA
November 5, 2014
I've been wanting to get some citrus trees now that I live in Santa Barbara where the weather is perfect year round. I googled around and Fast Growing Trees was one of the first links that popped up. I ordered one Meyer Lemon and one Clementine tree. When they arrived, I got 2 Lemon trees instead. I emailed them promptly and Jackie from FGT's customer service team was extremely kind and helpful. She told me she'd have a clementine tree in the mail for me asap. While I was initially kinda bummed that I didn't get what I ordered. The customer service was awesome and I was able to give the extra lemon tree to a very happy friend. Overall I was very happy with both the trees and the service from FGT and will recommend them to anybody. Happy planting!
Positive sammieyo
Sikeston, MO
October 28, 2014
just received my tree order of 11 fruit trees the 5-6 ft ones and i was amazed at the quality of the trees . they are outstanding , packaging was great , so pleased , i have just placed my second order today . they are pricey, but i believe that you get what you pay for., and i am very pleased
Positive lscott4413
Port Angeles, WA
October 13, 2014
Ordered a 3-4 foot Rising Sun Redbud at a half-price sale. The tree arrived after a 4 day trip (from east coast to west!) in very good condition, full crown, leafed out about 4 feet high with a 3/4 inch diameter stem. It was packed very securely and arrived with no damage. Shipping costs were incredibly low. Could not be more satisfied.
Positive waterwitcherkat
Fort Collins, CO
October 4, 2014
I ordered a satsuma in June and impressed with the quality of the tree. It was small but in very good shape. It is now October and the tree is healthy and sending out lots of flowers.

As a side note, I was surfing fast growing site a day after I ordered this tree and noticed that it was on sale for half price. I called and the person who answered was very nice and gave me the sale price. Excellent tree and service. I will be back if I need more plants.
Positive kipomou
Columbus, GA
September 25, 2014
I ordered 2 Citrus plants and both were damaged (broken main stem) on delivery. I took a picture and emailed it to the Empress Tree Nurseries (Fast Growing Trees), and I had a prompt reply by Jennifer. No questions asked, she sent a replacement within 4 business days. Excellent service. I will buy again from this company.
Positive Jenniferabc123
Wantagh, NY
September 13, 2014
The shrubs that I purchased {2 gardenias,1 holly, and 1 Little Gem Magnolia} were in outstanding condition, ---like a picture in a catalog---arrived in a timely manner, and were very generous- and appropriate in size.

Positive andyro
Southwick, MA
September 9, 2014
These guys are great. I have ordered some evergreens from them. They arrived in good condition and as described.
Unfortunately some of them did not survived. I have purchased a warranty from them and when I made the claim they honored it and send me a coupon to use to replace my trees. Their service was great and quick. Janine helped me out and she was great.
Will shop there again.
Positive javabeans2
Springfield, MA
August 29, 2014
I ordered a Yoshino cherry tree two days ago, after much hesitation after reading so many negative reviews of Fast Growing Trees. I did see that they're associated with Brighter Blooms, whose ratings have been trending up, so I went ahead and placed my order of one tree. I have a very old computer which got wonky on me as soon as I placed my order, and I was unable to get my order number. I never received an email from Fast Growing Trees confirming my order, but my credit card was charged. I emailed the company to ask if there was any way to track the order, but I haven't received a response. What I DID receive yesterday was a 5-6 foot well packed, leafed out cherry tree! It was potted, and packed very securely and doesn't look the least bit stressed, the medium was damp but not wet, the tree was secured with cardboard and the tree stake was stapled tightly but not one staple was in the tree, they were all carefully stapled to the green plant tape....no plastic or wires. I will say this little tree has some bug holes in the leaves, and it is planted too deeply into the container, but I can remedy that when I plant it. So I'm very happy with my purchase, and to top it off, the delivery man was friendly and outgoing.
Positive mcginthy
Kerrville, TX
August 22, 2014
I ordered a tree from this company and when it arrived, the top was broken. I notified them immediately. I had some trouble with the customer service site, and it wouldn't let me add the requested pictures. They responded very quickly and let me know they were shipping me a replacement tree. they did ask if I could send the pictures when I could. The fact that they trusted that I was telling the truth, and shipped me the tree says a lot to me. The second tree arrived safely. I would gladly recommend this company to my friends, and plan to use their services again.
Positive docchance
Albuquerque, NM
August 18, 2014
I was invited to let you know about any problems there might be with my order. Well, it arrived late yesterday, and Id rather let you know that I am thrilled with it! I have purchased plants by mail before (including a Royal Empress tree for another home), but never have they exceeded my expectations until now. The trees were well packed, arrived travel weary but healthy and completely intact, and are happily awaiting their new homes in my ever-expanding garden. Thank you so much!
Positive speaton60
Conroe, TX
August 13, 2014
I've made several orders from"Fast growing Trees" and love their trees. My mango tree has gown over two and a half feet this summer since receiving it. Shipping is fast, they're well packed, all questions have been answered quickly, and any problems taken care of with ease. I've made four orders now and will confidently make more orders in the future if I can find a spot in my yard for any more. My husband calls my yard the "Garden of Eaton"

Positive tom_pixel
Asheville, NC
July 29, 2014
Approx 2 years ago , ordered a Frost Proof Gardenia ,came well packed and looked healthy . For yr and half , it sat just like I received it - dormant looking never any new growth .
I called Fast Growin Trees after the yr and half , sorry time on warranty has run out

So, this past spring , ordered another one + extra warranty
Again it came in due time, healthy looking and packed well, but it sat dormant , leaves started turning yellow , so check with FGT and was told about the soil conditions, so started adding Epsom salts and some Iron . Then I read up more about the bush and how finicky it was . All the yellow leaves dropped off [ alot of them ] and some stems were turning brown / dying back . I took Pict of Bush and e mailed it to the company and was sent a refund in the form of a company coupon to use later . Plants arrived looking good, packed well but I've had NO luck with the Gardenia ...te
PS wasn't aware of their other name "Empress Nursery "
Positive pllmerrell
Provo, UT
July 24, 2014
I have had a supreme experience involving every transaction with Fast Growing Trees for years. Every tree that I have ordered from them has been grown in an environment that has produced very healthy trees. Each tree has been wonderfully healthy and beautifully leafed out when shipped. The crown of each tree is very full and mature when I have received it, not just a dormant stick with roots surrounded with dry newspaper in a plastic bag. In fact, the design and engineering of their boxes is specific to the tree, complete with the container filled with the original soil they were grown in, and very carefully placed inside the shipping box and sent via FedEx. However, they will never ship a tree to an area that would involve the tree staying in a shipping hub over the weekend. Instead, they ship on a Monday, so the tree will arrive as quickly as possible to avoid undue stress to the plant system. That way, when the box is opened and you lift out an absolutely beautiful tree, you could feel confident enough to put it in the foyer of your home immediately. Of course, you may want to transplant it into a more commodious planter, if that is your choice. The trees have always been full, luxurious, healthy and visually stunning right out of the box. I will ALWAYS order from Fast Growing Trees whenever I choose to grow a plant that I know will bring many years of satisfaction for a job well done and will enhance the beauty of my landscape as well as the value of my home.
Negative Phi_Man
Blackhawk-Camino Tassajara, CA
July 18, 2014
BEWARE!! They ship unhealthy plants!

I purchased 5 Hakuro Nishiki (Tri Color Willow) bushes. Full price - no discounts! Two arrived looking tired, which is expected after 6 days in a dark box. The other three arrived with brown crunchy leaves. Clearly, they were already in bad shape before they were shipped. I removed all the dead leaves (just about all of it) and had to cut the stems way back to remove the dead parts. I called and emailed, and their response was "Our apologies again for the condition that they arrived in. Please continue to keep us updated on the tree's. If they do not see improvement after a few weeks please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you at that time.."

Umm... i'm complaining about the condition of the plants before they were boxed and shipped - way to skirt around the issue and not take responsibility. I think it's poor business practice to ship customers subpar plants and expect them to nurse them back to health. Many have written good reviews, so I expected more from this business.
Company representative comment on July 21, 2014:
On Jul 21, 2014 9:35 AM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

Reached out to the customer in regards to their purchase. Our customer service manager reviewed the photos and agreed with the customer that they did not arrive quality condition. Our customer service rep who handled this initially did not take care of this correctly. We appreciate them letting us know so we could use this as a training tool as well as rectify the concern. We have sent the customer replacements for those that arrived in poor condition.

Positive jrogerg
Zephyrhills, FL
July 17, 2014
Everything went well with the initial purchase. The Avocado Tree arrived on the day it was supposed to, and had been packed well so it travelled well.

I bought the planting kit as well as the tree and that was good except that the amount of compost suplied was not enough to fill the pot supplied, no problem, I had some on hand.

The tree as lived up to the name 'fast growing trees' as it has developed wonderfully having added about 8" in height since May

Very happy with the service, responsiveness, and the product

Great job

Neutral meixue
Alameda, CA
July 8, 2014
Posted on June 13, 2014, updated July 8, 2014
I ordered 3 plants on June 8th. I received two of the trees today June 13, Friday.

I'm a bit dissapointed in the sizes of the plants that I received.

1) The miracle fruit is in a 3 gallon pot and only 23 inches tall. Not very bushy, It was on sale for $50. However still, I thought the plant should have been bushier and more well established at the hefty $50 price tag. If I had paid the original $100 (99.95) price for this plant then I would be irate!

2) Camelia Sinensis (tea plant) in 1 gallon pot: I paid $27.48 for this plant. This tree arrived sickly and is a horrible shape. It is bent to the left on a crooked stem. It is very sparse and not full at all. It is 17 inches tall. If I had paid the original $54.95 for this plant I would again be very very upset.

3) I am still awating the arrival of the Hardy Chicago fig tree from them. I am expecting the worst already based on my current experience with the two plants that I have already received.

June 13: I contacted the seller through their website today and am awaiting their response.

I am hoping for an appropriate resolution to the poor quality and size of these plants. I will see if i can attach a picture of the Camelia Sinensis (tea tree) for this posting but it doesn't look like that is an option. If anyone wants to see a picture of the plant I received email me and I'll send it to you.

On July 8th, 2014, meixue changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I did receive an email as well as a call from someone at FGT's after I emailed them with my concerns.

- The company was willing to rectify the situation immediately. I appreciated that someone actually called me to follow up on the issue. Although I did not call them back they still immediately followed up with a resolution email.

I requested that they follow up with their Nursery staff to assure that the issues I encountered are mitigated in the future by other buyers/customers.

Company representative comment on July 1, 2014:
On Jul 1, 2014 9:51 AM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

The customer service manager reached out to the customer in reference to her concerns regarding her order. We believe we came to a fair resolution with the customer in regards to her concerns and the customer seems satisfied and appreciative of our actions.

Positive CTOBrien
Manville, RI
June 16, 2014
I began ordering from Fast Growing Trees.com within the past two months. I've ordered quite a few trees/schrubs and really couldn't be happier with the service. I have had two problems which are to be expected at times utilizing this type of delivery method. I had a Canadian Hemlock die and they took care of it immediately after I emailed them a photo. The other issue was with a 4 in 1 apple tree that arrived with an 8" break in a leader branch. I emailed them, received a response from "Kim" and she replaced the tree without my even asking. I'm a novice and was only inquiring about the trees production as it ages in my email at the time. The last emails are as follows:

Kim
JUN 13, 2014 | 11:09AM EDT
Good Morning Mr. OBrien,

I have also gone ahead and issued you a replacement for your 4-in-1 Apple tree. My sincere apologies that you have received it in that condition. Please go ahead and plant it and hopefully new growth will push through. I delayed your shipment for June 16, next Monday. FedEx doesn't ship to residential on Sunday or Monday so to avoid your trees sitting in their warehouse over the weekend I feel this is the best solution so you receive your trees in the best possible condition.

Kim
JUN 16, 2014 | 11:09AM EDT
Good Morning Mr. OBrien,

You are very welcome and thank you very much for your patience and understanding regarding the process. I truly hope that you receive your replacement in the best condition. If you have any further concerns going forward do not hesitate to contact us, best of luck!

We appreciate your kind words and are thankful we were able to help you with your order. As a company, we work to achieve positive responses from any customer service and sales interactions...."

Anyway, great overall experiences, and because of the service, I would continue ordering from them even if I were to find slightly lower prices elsewhere.
Positive fluffyburgersni
North Wantagh, NY
June 12, 2014
I can't believe how awesome this company is!! I got some great service and they helped me more than they'll ever know, went through hurricane sandy, so to finally get some relief with great service and the nicest people, I'm forever greatful! I recommend them to everyone!

Regina,
Wantagh New York
Positive caterino1
Newburgh, NY
June 3, 2014
I just received my order from these guys and I must say that my plants are huge,green and extremely healthy. I ordered 3 pawlonia, which are the smallest of all the plants, all are green, healthy and about maybe 10 inches tall, the poplar is taller than me,I am 5ft2in and the plant is really healthy looking, the same for the golden rain tree.Next is a magnolia, about 4 ft tall,and like the others, beautifully healthy. The ultimate plant that I received, is a beautiful tulip tree, that has to be seen to believed, at least 6ft tall, full of large beautiful, wonderfully chartreuse leaves. Would I order from this company again, YOU BET I WOULD, without hesitation.
Negative evantorch
Atlanta, GA
May 30, 2014
If there's one thing I've learned in 40 years of gardening it's risky ordering smaller trees than large ones and the smaller the seedling vs. the price, the more you will lose: Murphy's Law?

At any rate I have twice contacted "Pam" about a $40 24-30" Redbud which arrived dormant and has now failed to leaf out with no answer whatsoever.
I suspect that Pam is a catch-all name (duh) and that they just hope I'll go away.

The sad part of this is that 1). I can just stop credit card payment and 2). They lost an avid customer. I'll never understand it.
Company representative comment on July 1, 2014:
On Jul 1, 2014 9:39 AM, Empress Tree Nurseries (aka Fast Growing Trees, Paulownia Supply & fastgrowingtree.com) responded with:

We received notice that the customer was unhappy with their purchase on June 2, 2014 and tried to reach out to the customer. Our emails to the customers kept being returned as non deliverable. We tried via telephone as well to no avail. We sent out a replacement tree on June 2, 2014 in hopes that this tree would arrive in excellent condition and would hopefully make the customer happy. The customer is welcome to reach out to our customer service manager at 888-504-2001 and she would be happy to assist him should he have any other questions or concerns.

Positive samantha120685
Highland City, FL
May 30, 2014
our experience at first was good and then we order more trees and they was half dead or cut in two I called fgt and talked to jennifer she was so very nice alot nicer then the others the others was rude .it took a little while but we got everything fixed...jennifer was great and so nice you should give her a raise........ thank you and God bless
Positive jkelling
Gladstone, MO
May 30, 2014
I'm a repeat customer. The prices are peerless, the shipping is near immediate, and the plants are so wonderfully healthy. With a selection that cannot be beat and such a unique variety of options, fast-growing-plants.com has acquired a lifelong customer!
Positive lexigirl05
Orchard Park, NY
May 27, 2014
I would highly recommend buying from Fast Growing Trees. The plants are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I purchased a Benjamin Ficus Tree and when it arrived I was so shocked. I never in my life seen a more beautiful & full tree, and you couldn't beat the price either. The customer service is AMAZING especially, Jennifer & Allison. They took care of my problem instantly. Soon as you write your e-mail they respond right away& take care of the problem. What a GREAT PLACE do business with!! I am surely a HAPPY customer...... Sincerely, Jennie Bedard
Positive CristianCazac
Baltimore, MD
May 25, 2014
Hello, let me start by saying that the customer service of this company is EXCELLENT. I want to specifically point out Sarah from customer service who was extremely helpful. Even though we encountered a problem with our Moro Blood Orange Tree, we managed to find a great solution while working with Sarah.

I am a medical student in Europe and my family lives in the United States. I only get to see my family in the period between July and September.

Since I was not in the U.S.A. and my mother's birthday was coming up, I decided to use http://www.fast-growing-trees.com to send her a gift. Immediately after placing my order I sent an email to the company saying that it was supposed to be a gift and politely requested that a healthy tree be sent to her.

I bought her a Meyer Lemon Tree and a Moro Blood Orange tree both measuring 3-4 ft which were both on sale. When the order arrived, the lemon tree was in perfect condition but the orange tree was in a bad shape.

90% of the leaves of the blood orange tree had brown spots and after a day started to have yellow and brown-black spots. In 2 days the leaves started to have small tears in them. The remaining 10% of the leaves were green but started to turn brown fast.

It was disappointing since It was supposed to be a gift for my mother whom I haven't seen for 8 months and instead of her being happy with the present she had to nurture it back to health.

We contacted customer service who informed us that it could have been transport shock and guided my mother through what she needs to do. The steps didn't help much so we called customer service representative again.

Customer service representative Sarah responded to the call and understood fast that it was supposed to be a very important gift, sympathized with our situation, and offered to send us a replacement tree at no cost while us keeping the existing tree. Unfortunately, she informed us that there were no more blood orange trees available on stock ,so instead she offered to send us a bigger, 5-6 ft Calamodin Orange tree at no extra cost to compensate. I contacted my mother and asked her if she would prefer to get the calamodin tree and she agreed.

I contacted Sarah again and finalized the order.

My mother just got the tree yesterday and it looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. She told me that it is bigger that 6 ft and that it actually looks more like 7 ft. Furthermore, compared to the moro blood orange, it has 20x times the ammout of fruit. All of the leaves are emerald green with no spots on them. Overall, the tree is in great shape.

My mother loved it.

This replacement tree has saved the birthday gift for my mother. She was very happy when she saw it and I was delighted that she got something that she liked.

I believe that if it hadn't been for Sarah this experience would have been a negative one for me and my mother but instead it turned out to be better than we expected.

We will definetely do business again with fast-growing-trees.com and we would recommend it to our friends and family.

Our family would also like to send a big thanks to the folks in the Customer Service Department, and a special thanks to Sarah.
Positive Gus01
Seaford, NY
May 22, 2014
Have always provided good products and quick delivery. I had an issue with a couple of orders, and in both situations, the issues were resolved promptly and professionally. I was very satisfied and will continue to be a customer for many years to come.