Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The scoop on 'Jackson & Perkins'

Jackson & Perkins

2 Floral Ave.
Hodges, South Carolina 29653 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-872-7673
Fax: 1-800-242-0329

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook
This company is affiliated with Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative kgwilcox
Englewood, CO
September 20, 2016
I received 3 roses as a gift from my father-in-law. He has ordered Jackson & Perkins' roses for over 25 years. The roses were delivered in a pile of snow, at the end of April. The delivery was delayed 6 weeks from the original ship date due to the extended, cold winter in CO this year. I called J&P to inquire about what to do with the roses since the ground was still frozen. The rep advised to put the roots in a bucket of water until the ground thawed. It took several weeks for the ground to thaw. After planting the roses, we watered and waited. None of the 3 roses ever bloomed. I called to discuss options with J&P. The rep said, I am so far out of the 90 day warranty period, there is nothing she can do. I asked the rep to forward my call to a supervisor. I did not receive a call back from a supervisor, so I called again. Today, I spoke with a supervisor who told me she had to stand by the 90 day warranty, and the bad weather this spring was out of the company's control. The 90 day warranty limit is not printed on my gift invoice. There is, in fact, no information on the invoice - it is merely a packing list. I am left with 3 dead roses, a wasted gift, and no option to make the situation better. J&P has TERRIBLE customer service and is not concerned with correcting an awful situation. I will never order anything from this company. I will share my story with my friends, family, neighbors. I will tell my father-in-law to NEVER order from J&P again - especially as he establishes a brand new garden at a new home. Be forewarned, do not order from J&P. *My order # was SO1689058
Company representative comment on September 20, 2016:
On Sep 20, 2016 12:19 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email us with your name, address, and order number so that we may help you with this situation. We at Jackson and Perkins would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

Positive DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
September 10, 2016
I must state, with some surprise, that I have now had two great experiences with Jackson and Perkins. I have been growing roses for many years, but until last year had never ordered from Jackson and Perkins.

I had been sent a rose by Park Seed (a related company) that was shipped, and therefore planted, at the wrong time, and it died. Angela, the customer service individual on this thread, promised a replacement because the rose had a one year guarantee. The replacement came from Jackson and Perkins, and it, the replacement, Zephirine Droughin was sensational. It has done beautifully in my yard, and I am very grateful to Angela for executing so wonderfully her company's pledge.

As a result of getting a rose from Jackson and Perkins, I have been receiving their catalogs. I was unable to resist the climbing rose Florentina Arborose, a scented climber with stunning double red flowers. It is available nowhere else that I can see, so I crossed my fingers.

Well, it just arrive and it is absolutely wonderful. It is a containerized own root rose. I have ordered at least 20 containerized roses from several wonderful companies, and I would rate this as amongst the top 5%.

So I will almost certainly give them future business.
Negative tommielo
Tulsa, OK
September 8, 2016
I ordered a Hybrid Tea Rose from Jackson and Perkins last spring. I planted the rose plant per instructions in good soil but the plant stayed dormant all spring and summer and it never leafed or bloomed. The plant didn't look very healthy when I received it but I thought that I could give it good care and make it come to life. I was wrong. So I thought that maybe I just unfortunately happened to get a bad plant. I ordered another Hybrid Tea Rose plant from them this spring and I also ordered a Hybrid Tea Rose plant from another online nursery at the same time. When I received both plants, I planted them in the same area with same type of soil using the same planting techniques. The plant that I ordered from the other online nursery started leafing out within weeks and after about six weeks it started to bud roses. The plant that I ordered from Jackson and Perkins stayed dormant and it eventually died just like the first Hybrid Tea rose plant that I had ordered from them the previous spring. The plant once again didn't look healthy when I received it, but the plant that I received from the other online nursery looked green and healthy. It is a shame that a big nursery like Jackson and Perkins are sending people dead bad plants. I don't know how they can stay in business this way. I wouldn't order another plant from this company if they were selling them for $1, and if I could give them a 0 rating I would. Don't waste your money on their worthless plants.
Company representative comment on September 12, 2016:
On Sep 12, 2016 10:45 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. Please accept our apology. Jackson and Perkins does its best to ensure all plants and products arrive in excellent condition. As our Guarantee states, we ask that if a plant or product arrives damaged or dead to please contact us within 48 hours. If we are notified of any issues or concerns within the guarantee period we would be happy to resolve the issue. To ensure that each living product has adequate opportunity to perform, we've established the following guidelines for reporting other problems:
•Roses, bulbs, perennials, trees, and shrubs: ◦For plants received in Spring, contact within 90 days of delivery.
◦For plants received in Fall, contact us by May 30th of the year after receipt." We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you will email me your order numbers, I will be more than happy to look into a better resolution for you.

Angela D.

Negative ssterle
Nashwauk, MN
July 12, 2016
I ordered four muhlenbergia capillaris, muhly grass, plants online with Jackson and Perkins. Prior to my order I made a phone call to their company inquiring as to the viability of their being zone 4. I intended the grasses to be an annual in my zone. I do not have conditions for their being perennial. When I received this order, the grasses appeared to be in a state of dormancy. I planted two of the grasses in one location, the other two in a different location. Finally by July 2, 2016, it was apparent the plants were not viable. Around July 7, 2016, I contacted J&P to explain the situation. They told me they wouldn't warranty the plants since I'm zone 4. I explained my intentions being only annuals, that the plants never showed signs of life. I'm a modest intermediate level gardener. I know "dead plants". I thought I'd reach out to J&P again in hopes of reaching a representative that understood what my issue was. Again, she repeated their policy, no credit if I buy a plant not designated for my zone. After serious thought, I called my credit card co. to register a complaint. The credit card co. has issued a temporary credit to me while reaching out to J&P for their response. I have made my last purchase to J&P. I shouldn't have to go to this extent to reach an amicable resolution. The amount of the purchase is $27.28, not significant. The issue is I received "dead plants" from the beginning. If all of their customers are treated in this manner, it's a sad tribute to the company. I've been self employed. Customers are the bread and butter of a business.
Company representative comment on July 13, 2016:
On Jul 13, 2016 7:55 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am so sorry to learn the condition of your Muhlenbergia plants upon arrival. As stated in our Guarantee, if any product was damaged in shipping or dead on arrival, notify us within 48 hours from receipt. Not knowing when you received your shipment I would like to look over your order. Unfortunately our Guarantee does state that plant ordered outside of the recommended hardiness zones will not be covered under guarantee. However, email me your order number or the name and address on the order and let me look into this for you.

Negative Lucille44
Alvin, TX
June 7, 2016
Just received my potted Ballerina's yesterday and I am not happy. Half the leaves were yellow, looks like they sat in a hot truck all weekend. I planted them yesterday afternoon and this morning the leaves started falling off.

I notified J&P and requested replacements, they told me I had to wait 3 weeks. In 3 weeks it will be July and no replacements would survive.
Company representative comment on June 7, 2016:
On Jun 7, 2016 2:13 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email us with your name, address, and order number so that we may help you with this situation. We at Jackson and Perkins would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

Negative erniesroses
North Brunswick, NJ
May 7, 2016
In the words of a famous comedian, "You can't fix stupid." After close to 30 years of doing business with Jackson & Perkins there is nothing left to continue doing business with a totally failed company. It all started when the buy-out by Harry & David, the start of the downfall. Metallic tags? None but stupid vinyl that blew away in any wind. Later the bankruptcy with the reduction of talented order staff. Then California's worst drought in a century leaving us to receiving sub-standard quality bare-root stock, many arriving with brown or dead stems that would not take after planting twice in two years. Both complaints having argue credit for. Shipment began from California to South Carolina to North Carolina to Virginia, finally arriving at my home in New Jersey. The roses in every case completely dry. Another stupid decision in marketing. Then being told that all Jackson & Perkins roses were raised in South Carolina by sales was another lie! Orders this year the first of 6 were to be in quart containers arrived peace meal over a long period of time. The the second order containing a quantity of six some being replacements for two that couldn't be delivered with the first order. That was the final blow! I canceled the order. I will not have a connection with Jackson& Perkins again in the future. I now have connected with "Heirloom Roses" out of Oregon that ships all live roses in gallon containers with free shipping without volume orders to get free shipping and a sales staff that serves the customers with the highest regard. I'm done, you just can't fix stupid because stupid is what stupid does!!!!

Company representative comment on May 7, 2016:
On May 7, 2016 12:36 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

Negative mrclaude
Columbia, MO
May 3, 2016
Where to begin? Terrible product quality ( Charlie Brown wouldn't have bought these pathetic scrawny little rose bushes! What I saw on line and what I received were completely different. Their customer service department has plenty of excuses but no real answers. I was told the "demand" for roses has caused the quality of rose bushes to decline hence the "small" bushes that were delivered. Really? Not only that they substituted a different plant for something else because it didn't meet their "high standards" ( hate to imagine what the other bush looked like ) without informing me and when I complained I was told it was my responsibility to make certain my order was correct and to check the progress of it every day!. Who has time to do this? I now have to return a box of garbage back to Jackson and Perkins at my own expense and wait for a refund ( I was adamant that under no circumstance would I accept a credit ) and I would highly recommend that anyone wishing to order roses online think twice about choosing Jackson and Perkins! And just so Jackson and Perkins knows my order number was WEBJP1758300 if they care to offer a plausible reason for supplying such poor quality at such a ridiculous price. Thank you.
Company representative comment on May 4, 2016:
On May 4, 2016 3:56 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me directly with your order number so that I may help you with this situation. We at Jackson and Perkins would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

Negative chaztexs
Round Rock, TX
May 3, 2016
In March, I purchased 13 plants (3 roses & 10 perennials) from Jackson and Perkins. All arrived well except one Lithodora ' Crystal Blue' which appeared to be in shock on arrival. After planting, the other plants did well but this weak plant died off within two weeks. I contacted J&P and their response was that zone 8a was outside their recommended planting zone for Lithodora ' Crystal Blue' despite the other Lithodora ' Crystal Blue' plants thriving. I could understand if this was June to August but really...the April temperatures were supposed to be the reason? Furthermore, Lithodora ' Crystal Blue' is recommended for zones 5-9 by many internet sites and does great with partial afternoon shade in my zone 8a region.

Be forewarned, they will use any excuse to not warranty plants damaged in shipping.

Respectfully,

Chaztexs
Company representative comment on May 4, 2016:
On May 4, 2016 3:46 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

Negative lrogers1
Roseville, CA
May 2, 2016
I bought my mom 3 roses for Christmas from Jackson Perkins and she received them today in time for spring planting in her area. Here is the problem. They were out of stock of one of the roses so they substituted a container rose (I didn't order, nor does my mom want a container rose) for the out of stock bare root rose (that I did order) When I called to get it exchanged for a bare root rose and explain our disappointment; I was told that I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee. WTF - I have to pay for your mistake?? Per their Product Guarantee they state they can substitute for an item of greater or equal value. Wouldn't it make sense that it at least be the same TYPE of item? It also says in their "fine print" that non-defective tools and gardening accessories will incur a 20% restocking fee. A container rose is neither a tool nor an accessory. I made 2 calls to Jackson Perkins and the customer service representatives were incredibly rude. Finally got to a manager- OH MY she was even worse! What a horrible organization. Looking for another place to order some pretty roses for my mom.
Company representative comment on May 3, 2016:
On May 3, 2016 9:34 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation.

Negative Alphonso99
Sunnyvale, CA
April 20, 2016
I have bot more than 50 roses frm J&P over the last 20 years and never had a problem.
3 years ago I ordered 3 new climber roses and within two months of receiving them I called J&P to complain that the quality of the roses was really bad but I was told to give them time to catch and grow.
Within a year one completely died out and another was struggling( looked green but no growth on it) .
The third thrived and was doing very well. I called J&P periodically to complain / report on the situation but did not get any solution.
Now three years later while one is growing and doing well,
the other is still just a small green stump in the ground and has never grown. Two out of three roses were Lemons.
When I last called J&P I was told that they only warrantied their roses for some thing like 90 days or six months or some thing like that.
If not for my earlier experiences with J&P which were all good, based on just this last experience of mine, I would have said that this business is a fraud. I doubt I would risk buying any other plants from J&P.
Company representative comment on April 21, 2016:
On Apr 21, 2016 11:18 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

Negative salviagirl
Emerald Lake Hills, CA
April 4, 2016
Posted on May 19, 2015, updated April 4, 2016
At one time, Jackson & Perkins was a wonderful company, but since it is now a part of Wayside, the so called customer service is practically nil. The three roses I ordered came with tons of yellow leaves, though they look great now under my care, but my emails re another issue were never answered, and it took many calls to get through to a customer service rep, who sounded as if she were bored to death. I am crossing this company off of my list.
On April 4th, 2016, salviagirl added the following:

I ordered three roses which died not long afterward. I requested a refund, but I was told no refund, just a credit, BUT they refused to credit the $15.99 for shipping. Now, I am expected to use the credit for more roses and pay yet another shipping fee. I don't want to order more roses from this company, but am now forced to due to the refusal of a refund.

A customer has to go through so much trouble to get an issue rectified, and then only partly rectified. Apparently, Jackson & Perkins doesn't care about losing a faithful customer of decades.

Also, the roses are not disease resistent, lots of blackspot and rust.
Company representative comment on April 21, 2016:
On May 19, 2015 1:10 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am so sorry to learn the condition your roses upon arrival, and glad to learn that you were able to nurse them back to a healthy state. I apologize you failed to receive a response to your email inquiry. During the peak season it can take several days to get a response due to the volume of emails we receive daily. If you have any issues you need resolved, please feel free to contact me directly at my email address below. I will be happy to assist in bringing a solution to your issues.

On Apr 21, 2016 11:17 AM, Jackson & Perkins added:

Salviagirl,

Negative Silveraurora
March 29, 2016
I have been ordering roses from J&P for nearly 30 years now. I placed my order for 2 Outrageous and one Aromatherapy in January this year. After placing my order, I emailed them to ask them to ship in March, foregoing any guarantees, so that I could start them in the greenhouse right away (as I live in Alaska and my roses are kept in cold storage for the winters at great expense). I've been trying to get more of the Outrageous for 3 years now, always sod out early. So excited that I got my order in early! Today I get an email that says they've shipped the Aromatherapy, that's all. I called them right away. Nope, don't have any Outrageous, can't tell you why. Ok, don't you let people know that the order they placed 3 months ago and you said you had the item and now don't? I'm sorry ma'am. I said I'm not paying shipping by air to Alaska with an additional up charge of $20 for 1 plant. I would like a refund please - sorry, we can't do that until it returns to the warehouse and THEN process your refund within a few weeks. I said no, you are not getting my money for a month. This is almost a 'bait and switch' - we'll sell you 10 roses but when it comes down to it, we don't have them so will send you the 3 we now have left in stock. So no help out of customer service! I called my credit card company and they are putting a hold on payment and they agreed this is an unfair business practice. I can not believe that Jackson and Perkins has gotten this bad thanks to Parks Seeds ownership! I ordered in JANUARY, and they can't even send me an out of stock notice? What happened to the grand rootstock we used to get? And here you go Angela with J&P, #WEBJP1654500, there's the order number. I see your the one stuck with replying to all of the negative complaints.
Company representative comment on March 29, 2016:
On Mar 29, 2016 11:30 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am so sorry to learn of your disappoint and inconvenience caused. Actually what happened with the Outrageous roses this year was a quality issue and our growers let us know just recently that he would not be able to send us the roses as expected this season. These last minute notifications can really cause a lot of inconveniences for our customer mainly and for us. I apologize that you were not notified of the cancellation of Outrageous on your order in early March. If you truly do not want the Aromatherapy rose just let me know when the package is refused and I will go ahead and do your refund. UPS has it scheduled for delivery tomorrow, 3-30-16. Again I am so very sorry that we have disappointed you and that we failed to contact you about the cancellation.

Negative sophiebun
Oakland, CA
March 24, 2016
Jackson& Perkin's own horticulturalist helped me to pick out my rose that I purchased on their website. I spoke to the horticulturalist 3 times and asked questions about roses for the zone where I lived, my lighting, and if the rose could grow in a container. THEY RECOMMENDED THIS ROSE TO ME. Now that it is dead, they refuse to honor their warranty:

Thank you so much for contacting us here at Jackson and Perkins! We value our customers’ comments and questions highly, and we appreciate hearing from you.

I apologize but this rose was ordered outside of your zone therefore no adjustments can be made.

Again, thank you for writing to us. If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. To help us serve you better, please use the Reply button to respond so that all previous communications will be included. Thank you for gardening with Jackson and Perkins!

Nicole
Jackson and Perkins Customer Contact Team
2 Floral Avenue
Hodges, South Carolina 29653
Telephone: 800-292-4769
Fax: 800-242-0329
email: info@jacksonandperkins.com

I'm done with this horrible company with dead plants, zero integrity, and useless customer service. Ordering from them was a major faux pas. I wish I could have a do over, and I'd order elsewhere.
Company representative comment on March 25, 2016:
On Mar 25, 2016 11:32 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. I am going to look into the issue, if the Horticulturist recommended the rose you, we will make an adjustment for you. Please email me your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation.

Negative ntrani
Long Beach, CA
February 25, 2016
I am deeply disappointed with the recent communication and purchase of hybrid tea roses from J&P. When I had recently bought my home it came with a tagged J&P rose (called pink and white). I could not find any information so I emailed them for more information about the rose and their reply was 'we have recently lost all of our archived information on our roses' (basically) we can not help you at all. Really? Aren't you in the breeding business- I would hope your breeding history would be a little more important than just -oops it's gone. My next negative encounter came when I purchased hybrid tea roses. In total I had ordered 16 roses and 10 arrived in the first shipment. The grafting was poorly done (at best) and it was difficult to cut back the numerous canes (one rose had 10 canes) to create the desired open vase shape for growth. Canes were split at the tops-it looked like someone had cut them with a butter knife and ripped the tops off. Horrible! I called, reported what I saw and cancelled the other 6 roses in my order and decided to make the best out of what I had. Now, 8 of the 10 roses I have have cankers on the canes and I've had to cut them back even more. All I can hope now is that my other roses will not be infected. I will NEVER buy from J&P again which I write with a heavy heart as they used to supply great plants. I hope these reviews are really taken seriously! J&P, from my experience and recent reviews here, it sounds like you really need to get your act together!
Company representative comment on February 26, 2016:
On Feb 26, 2016 10:54 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am sorry I was unable to contact you directly, without your personal information I cannot locate you in our files. I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me directly, your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation.

Negative AnimalGarden
Salt Lake City, UT
February 3, 2016
I ordered a rose from Jackson and Perkins as a Christmas Gift to ourselves. I am an experienced gardener and I have ordered online from other nurseries with great success. With all of my winter-placed orders, I have received my plants at the end of March or early April since I live in Zone 5. I received an email on February 1 stating that my rose had been shipped. I was aghast. It has regularly been below zero and they were sending me a rose when we would still have another 6-8 weeks of hard frosts? I can't even dig in the ground right now! I let them know this and they advised me to pot the plant or to keep it wrapped in wet paper towels for the next 6-8 weeks. This is ridiculous! I need to do extra work because they shipped something too early? When I checked their website it said that Zone 5 plants would ship March 21. I couldn't understand why they would have shipped this on Feb. 1. The answer came when I checked their Hardiness Zones which listed my city as a Zone 7. I have absolutely no clue how the USDA map can claim this (it says that our lowest winter temperatures are 0-10 degrees, it is presently -6 degrees and this is not at all unusual - I have lived here my entire life). I sent them information from our local botanical garden which explicitly says that our northern region is between zones 4-6, and with our particular city in a zone 5. Not only are we not a zone 7, we are not even close to it! Looking at the shipping dates of other places I have ordered from - they delay Zone 7 shipments until the end of March. I cannot believe they would be this inept. I wonder if this is a ploy so that they do not have to deal with refunding people for plants as they only seem to have a warranty for so short period after shipment.
Company representative comment on February 3, 2016:
On Feb 3, 2016 1:20 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog website. We want to resolve the problem but are unable to locate your order with the information provided by the site. Please forward your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to assist you. I will be more than happy to issue you a replacement to ship at the proper planting time for your region. We apologize for this early shipment and want to help resolve this for you. We at Jackson and Perkins would like to make your experience better

Negative Marjid
Millsboro, DE
January 12, 2016
In 2015, ordered Midas touch rose. Arrived, planted, it died. I am experienced gardener.
Called and was sent replacement but it wasn't easy getting getting them to send it. Had to call several times. Replacement was black with white fussy mold all over it.

Have send email and even wrote letter to director of customer service and have gotten no response.

Was very disappointed given good prior experiences but now I know why. Is not the same company.

Having similar issue with wayside and also no response. Since they are really the same company, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Have bought TONS of stuff from both in the past. I will be calling both to have them stop sending me catalogs.
Company representative comment on January 12, 2016:
On Jan 12, 2016 4:33 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. I would like to help with your situation. Would you please provide me with your name, address, order # , and I will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation.

Positive carolyn82
Mars, PA
November 23, 2015
Not sure why there are so many negative reviews! My blueberry bushes arrived as promised, and in great shape. I was doubtful when I saw the boxes they arrived in, but was amazed at what I found inside. Even with shipping, these bushes were less than half the price of what I paid earlier this year at my local nursery, and they look just as nice and full as the photos online. Much better experience than with some other established catalogue companies, where my "bush" or "tree" ends up being some questionable looking stick. I got real bushes from J&P and for a fraction of the price locally. I'll be ordering again.
Negative artseegirl
Redondo Beach, CA
October 14, 2015
Wow, am I disappointed. I should have read the reviews here instead of relying on their "reputation" and my past experience years ago.

I ordered three rose specimens and two honeysuckles. SIX weeks later, I received my plants. Or should I say dead, diseased nightmares? The roses have black spot and ROSE MOSAIC!!! This from a company that prides themselves on mosaic-free specimens! The honeysuckles have die-back and have been eaten by bugs. I checked the packaging and there were no critters in there at all so J & P had the gall to ship them to me in this condition!!!! And, when I called to request a refund, they made me send pictures (not a problem, I sent eight) to confirm my observations. So much for "we'll make you happy no questions asked." Right.
Do yourself a favor and order elsewhere, my sad little plants are going right to the trash.
Company representative comment on October 14, 2015:
On Oct 14, 2015 11:47 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

Negative rusty1643
Erwin, TN (Zone 6a)
September 19, 2015
I also have stopped ordering from J&P. When they were based in Oregon the quality was far superior than now. The last roses I received from them several years ago were of poor quality and arrived almost dead. I never even bothered to send them back or ask for a refund. They have gone downhill and I will not ever order from them again!
Company representative comment on September 21, 2015:
On Sep 21, 2015 8:55 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

Negative Kyrakaos
Pflugerville, TX
September 8, 2015
Posted on September 8, 2015, updated September 8, 2015
Please DO NOT order from this company. Their product is inferior and they will overcharge you. I order 3 rose bushes (\"Our Lady of Guadalupe\", \"Wildfire\" & \"Gemini\") as well as a few other plants. I followed the instructions they sent with the plants. All plants had sufficient sunlight, drainage, soil, fertilizer, water, etc... The entire order failed with the exception of the Guadalupe rose bush which was planted in the same flower bed as the other rooted out rose bushes. The Gemini and the wildfire did not even leaf out. They were dead upon arrival. When I attempted to contact them on this issue, they stated that the product was not properly cared for so they couldn\'t issue a credit, send healthy roses/flowers, or refund 80% of purchase price knowing that one of the rose bushes was healthy and was cared for in the exact same manner as the others that were dead upon arrival. They were not listening to my concerns or paid any attention to what I said. It was all my fault. Their customer service is poor. They will shift blame at all costs to avoid loosing money to their business when in fact they will loose more business and money by treating their customers unfairly. Very unsatisfied and disappointed with this company.
On September 8th, 2015, Kyrakaos added the following:

In addition, as you can see from the recent negative reviews all over the internet, this company is going downhill fast. Either their suppliers are giving them poor quality product over the past few years or they are not caring for their investment properly as they accused me of doing to the dead bare-rooted rose bushes they shipped to me. I wish that I had done more research on this company before ordering from them. They seriously need to hire qualified professionals to care for their product or switch vendors. If they would respond and address the negative inquiries and concerns before the customer took their concerns and frustration to forums and reviews online, they wouldn't get so many poor reviews online. Maybe invest more in their product, hire qualified certified horticulturists, change vendors, and invest more in customer service (follow up calls/emails), etc...they might be able to improve their company over time. This is just a joke.
Company representative comment on September 10, 2015:
On Sep 10, 2015 4:41 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. Please accept our apology. Jackson and Perkins does its best to ensure all plants and products arrive in excellent condition. Our professional horticulturist are here to offer gardening advice and to answer your gardening questions. We ask that if a plant or product arrives damaged or dead to please contact us as soon as possible. If we are notified of any issues or concerns within the guarantee period we would be happy to resolve the issue. Our guarantee states: "If any product was damaged in shipping, please contact us immediately.
•Roses, bulbs, perennials, trees, and shrubs: ◦For plants received in Spring, contact us by June 30th of the year received
◦For plants received in Fall, contact us by June 30th of the year after receipt." We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Chandra M
cmoore@parkseed.com

Negative MaryDessent
Independence, MO
September 2, 2015
I bought 2 Mr. Lincoln rose bushes from Jackson & Perkins. Both were planted as per instructions provided. One is alive and growing, though has yet to bloom. The other is dead and has never sprouted anything. I called Jackson & Perkins and was told there was nothing they could do as the warranty expired 2 days ago. This plant was dead when it arrived. I will never buy another thing from Jackson & Perkins, nor any of my friends who are thinking of buying plants from them.

Company representative comment on September 2, 2015:
On Sep 2, 2015 12:23 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service and that one of your Mr. Lincoln roses failed to survive. Please email me your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to assist you. We at Jackson and Perkins would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution and/or understanding to your issue.

Negative LoneSomeGeorge
Bettendorf, IA
August 23, 2015
Posted on July 31, 2015, updated August 23, 2015
The bare-root rose I received from Jackson and Perkins (order number WEBJP1344936, ITEM NUMBER 45779) had broken dormancy with nearly two inches of new growth on all the canes and had obvious severe root rot as evidenced by extensive peeling of the outer root covering, revealing white deposits, and by three or more inches of brown, dead centers. There was a large lump of clay on the roots, suggesting that it was grown in clay, which may explain the extensive root rot. After immediately contracting them about my concerns, providing photographs, I planted it as directed by Jackson and Perkins and gave appropriate care, but it was dead within three weeks. In their first e-mail, they completely ignored my claim of a root fungus and suggested that I determine if the rose was a live by scratching a cane to see if there was green tissue. Next, I suggested having root tissue examined by a lab at Iowa State University, but Jackson and Perkins did not agree. Finally, they offered me store credit for the price of the rose without including shipping and handling.

This was not a satisfactory solution because I certainly did not want another of their roses and so I would have to buy something I did not want and pay shipping and handling costs. They sent me a rose that was obviously infected with a fungus, which could have infected my other roses, debated with me about the problems with it, and then made me pay for the shipping and handling of the diseased rose. This was far from satisfactory customer service. In contrast, Reagan Nursery gave me a full cash refund, including shipping and handling, for a rose with a damaged cane.

I plan on sending this e-mail to several state rose societies in the hope of helping others avoid frustrations with Jackson and Perkins.

On August 23rd, 2015, LoneSomeGeorge added the following:

After the July posting, Jackson and Perkins refunded the total cost of the rose bush, including shipping and handling, thereby satisfactorily responding to my complaint.
Company representative comment on August 1, 2015:
On Aug 1, 2015 8:11 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am writing regarding the feedback on your late Spring shipment of the Fragrant Cloud rose. We are so sorry that your rose arrived in poor condition, our normal Guarantee policy is to adjust orders with credits to be redeemed on future orders. However due to the nature of your concerns, I have made the adjustment to void your credit and refund the Visa card used to make the purchase in full, including shipping. It has been and always will be our policy to promptly resolve any issues with our products or services. Again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Negative OldPumpkin
North Smithfield, RI
July 10, 2015

I ordered 2 roses in February and they were delivered here on the border of zones 5 and 6 with 3 feet of snow on the ground. I followed the directions of wrapping the roots in wet newspapers but they never showed any life until june. they still look runtlike and no sign of blooms .
Company representative comment on July 13, 2015:
On Jul 13, 2015 8:23 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog website. We want to help with this problem but are unable to locate your order with the information provided by the site. Please forward your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to the address below. Once received we will review your records for possible adjustments.

Negative Calirosehime
San Jacinto, CA
July 10, 2015
Purchased 8 toses earlier this year. This was my first purchase and I made the purchase because I have several in my yard from my husbands deceased grandmother. 8 roses that spanned over 2 orders. All the roses are dead but 1. We followed the instructions and care guide, they are planted where other Jp roses are growing and where only 1 of the new ones survived. I contacted the company to advise my concerns. When i proceeded to follow up about the previous contact I was given the tun around and ultimately denied any warranty being stated that there was no record of my contact and that it is now past the deadline I was unaware of. $180 worth of dead roses in my yard they refuse to honor simply because the employee I spoke to failed to document that I had contacted them prior to the deadline. Very dissatisfied with this outcome and outraged. You make your contacts, make further then find out of deadline and get told you're out $180 because their employee failed to follow procedure. Not right at all.
Company representative comment on July 13, 2015:
On Jul 13, 2015 8:31 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog website. We want to help with this problem but are unable to locate your order with the information provided by the site. Please forward your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to the address below. Once received I will review your records and make the appropriate adjustments.

Negative vlo55
Minot, ND
June 4, 2015
NEVER NEVER NEVER again will I ever order from Jackson Perkins again and I warn you all too! I ordered 2 tree roses from them and they came looking bad. But since I have had tree roses every year I though I could baby these back to health. No such luck so I called before the June 30 th deadline and you know what I was told.....they are not for my zone. I am a zone 4 and these are for a zone 5 and above....what the heck???? I just got them they were NOT over wintered and I have grown these for years....although not for 3 years from JP...I got them at my local nursery barefoot. They were not available this year so I gave JP another try....boy was I wrong. This is just unacceptable...... 3 weeks and they are dead and it is because of my growing zone.....this company is a joke if this is the way they stand behind their guarantee....
Company representative comment on June 5, 2015:
On Jun 5, 2015 8:52 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with our service. Please accept our apology.We are so sorry that your tree roses failed to survive. Although you just planted these this season, our Guarantee does state: "Please understand that we cannot accept responsibility for the results of extreme weather, neglect, unforeseeable acts of nature, or ignoring our hardiness zone recommendation." Ordering outside of the recommended zone voids the warranty on the plants and no adjustments can be made. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Positive gottfriedg
Dickinson, ND
June 2, 2015
I've ordered from Jackson & Perkins for two years in a row. I love roses, but I find that my local sellers don't pay enough attention to getting the roses that match our planting zone. So far, I've ordered 11 roses and a number of other plants from J&P. Last year's roses made it through a crazy winter -- a lot of freezing and thawing. I've been thrilled with the plants both in terms of growth and in terms of the degree to which they fit the detailed descriptions J&P provides. (I really appreciate those descriptions. They're almost as helpful as zone information.) The other plants -- delphinium, fern, bleeding hearts, lily of the valley, and hosta -- are doing well, too. I'll continue to order from J&P -- as long as I have space in my garden. ;)
Positive jillinaustin
Austin, TX
May 11, 2015
Posted on April 28, 2015, updated May 11, 2015
This email account bounces: service@jacksonperkins.com. The \"Info\" account doesn\'t receive a response.

Jackson and Perkins Order #WEBJP1239144

I am so disappointed with J&P. I thought they were a high-quality organization but their customer service requires improvement.

This rose has been in the ground since 2/15/15 and doesn\'t have a single leaf or bud on it. I am trying to get a replacement or refund to no avail.
On May 11th, 2015, jillinaustin changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Angela seems to be the only person at J&P who can actually get anything done. I suggest patience with her since she is dealing with so many issues.

We negotiated a replacement for the hybrid tea I had ordered earlier this spring that failed to thrive. A Hot Cocoa FB was sent as the replacement and it looked great out of the box!
Company representative comment on April 28, 2015:
On Apr 28, 2015 2:31 PM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues, researching and reviewing I found the email address of service@jacksonandperkins.com is no longer an active address. I did however locate your email in our Info inbox, I apologize you have yet to receive and response. During the peak season it can take several days to get a response due to the volume of emails we receive daily. However I will be more than happy to assist you in replacing your Beloved Rose, please email me directly at adavenport@parkseed.com

. Angela D

Negative EGD0324
Poolesville, MD
May 4, 2015
Posted on May 4, 2015, updated May 4, 2015
My first experience with this company in 2013 was quite good. Great bareroot product, shipped timely, and nice healthy thick canes. Sadly it all went downhill. Re: Order numbers: WEB003874996 and WEBJP1229524. The first listed order was placed in spring 2014. The bareroot roses I ordered (4 of them) arrived with little root and small, spindly canes. Out of 2 Mardi Gras and 2 Honey Perfume floribunda roses, only 1 floribunda (honey perfume) made it. I contacted customer service and was told that the product warranty expired on July 30, 2014. These roses didn\'t even last a year and no offer for replacement or adjustment. The second order, placed this spring, was also disappointing. I ordered 1 grand prize floribunda and 2 outrageous floribundas bareroot. Again, the product I received was ridiculously puny with little root and small canes. For the money I spent I expected a quality product. After another disappointing year and terrible customer service, I will no longer purchase from this company.
On May 4th, 2015, EGD0324 added the following:

After an email with the service rep Angela, it was clear that this company does not stand behind their product. Roses are only guaranteed until June 30. The problem was not getting the plant established (even though they were quite small), the problem was the root quality. If you sell a quality product, it should be able to live a year. No offer of adjustment or replacement. I have cancelled my current order and will never order from this company again. Based on the reviews I've seen, it looks I'm not the only one!
Company representative comment on May 4, 2015:
On May 4, 2015 11:14 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We are so sorry to learn that you were disappointed with our guarantee policy and the quality of the roses last year and this year. If you will email me directly I will be happy to assist you.

Negative Arizona12
May 2, 2015
Posted on May 2, 2015, updated May 2, 2015
Posted on May 1, 2015, updated May 2, 2015
Posted on April 14, 2015, updated May 1, 2015
Purchased 4 roses, lost one. They told me an \\\\\\\"adjustment\\\\\\\" would be made to my account rather than a replacement, which is what I asked for. When I inquired recently via email I explained that my hearing doesn\\\\\\\'t permit me to use the phone, and they replied that I should call. So I did, and was unable to use the service as I couldn\\\\\\\'t understand the verbal ques so didn\\\\\\\'t know which button to push, etc. Very frustrating. I have emailed again explaining the problem and received no response. I have just emailed them again telling them I am leaving negative feedback about my experience with them, and that I am noticing that more than half of the feedback online is negative. I don\\\\\\\'t expect a reply. Will not shop there again. A shame, really, it was so easy to resolve. Either replace the rose while they have them in stock, or refund my money.
On May 1st, 2015, Arizona12 added the following:

On April 16 Angela Davenport emailed me to resolve our situation, and stated that even though the warranty was expired, she would send me a new rose. (the warranty expired because when I originally wanted a replacement there were none left and my account was to be adjusted, and I understood that I would be able to get the rose the following season. Evidently not.

It is now May 1st after the close of business. I have heard nothing more from Ms Davenport nor have I seen a rose. So....? I would think 2 weeks would be adequate time for something to be done?

I repeat that it\\\'s a shame, really. They have the largest selection, great roses and other plants, and it should be a pleasure to do business with them, instead of wanting to pound my head on the wall.
On May 2nd, 2015, Arizona12 added the following:

Oh, please, Ms Davenport, I just re-read the email I sent you on April 15, including the original order #, the original invoice # AND my address. Must I re-send this, as well? So it can be misplaced, lost because this is the busy season, or, whatever else? Each time we correspond, my information is sucked into this vast void, and lost forever? Please, save the canned apology, all right? I\'m tired of this dance. Thank you, but no thank you. Your lack of follow through is exactly what I have made this negative remark about, customer service is sorely lacking. The roses are beautiful. The selection is large. Customer service, to coin an old, over used phrase, \"sucks\".
On May 2nd, 2015, Arizona12 added the following:

P.S. I forgot to say.....keep the rose. We are finished here... thank you for your time. My future online rose purchases will be carefully researched to make certain I'm in no way dealing with Jackson and Perkins or it's affiliates . Please, don't respond. We really are finished here.
Company representative comment on May 2, 2015:
On Apr 15, 2015 9:11 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. I am sorry I was unable to contact you directly, I do not have any of your order information. Please send me your full name, address, and order reference number so that I may review your records and make the appropriate adjustments. I apologize that you have failed to receive a response to our recent inquiry, as this is a very busy time of year and our email team is running behind on email inquiries. Please email me your information, I will be more than happy to assist you.

On May 2, 2015 11:50 AM, Jackson & Perkins added:

I apologize that I have been unable to assist you, but I failed to receive an email as requested with your order information. I\'ll be more than happy to assist you, please email me your order information so I may resolve this issue for you.

On May 2, 2015 1:10 PM, Jackson & Perkins added:

Please accept my apology, researching my email folders I did locate your email you had sent to me. I was looking for an email with Arizona12 in it when clearly it was in your name. This is my error and I am so sorry. However I did make the replacement for the Hot Cocoa rose and sent you an email confirming on 4/16. I will email you directly with the replacement order details. Again I apologize that I have disappointed you.

Positive bobbi_s
Richland, WA (Zone 7a)
April 22, 2015
After all the negative reviews of Jackson & Perkins who are part of Park Seed Company, I ordered one rose. I have ordered roses from Jackson & Perkins in the past, and have been very pleased with the results. I have since moved to a different residence, and decided to have some roses at my new place. I ordered Cabana, a hybrid tea rose. They shipped the Cabana hybrid tea rose, and also gave me a free Clouds of Glory Hybrid Tea rose as well. The roses were packaged very nicely. They arrived in good shape, having grown. They are bare rooted, and I am very pleased with the order. I do not understand all the "bad" reviews, and I would highly recommend this company to all who want good plants. They have a variety, and unique plants from Park Seed, which I have ordered in the past too. I will definitely be ordering again! :)
Company representative comment on April 23, 2015:
On Apr 23, 2015 8:12 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We appreciate you taking the time to post on Dave’s Garden about how pleased you are with your order/product. Thank you! Your opinion is valued and we, of course, welcome feedback. It's customers like you who act as a reminder of why we do what we do and the importance of supplying only top quality products as well as to offer the best service possible. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Negative rodcrosser
Abilene, TX
March 26, 2015
Posted on March 22, 2015, updated March 26, 2015
There phone clerk took my charge card several months ago over the phone to purchase in March with my knowledge double bloomed white iceberg roses. I called two days ago to begin the initiation of a purchase. 3/20/15
I asked this phone clerk did they still have the double bloomed iceberg rose and she said yes. I asked her had there been a charge on my credit card from Jacksons. She said no. All orders are deleted after 72 days. I told her I had given my charge card number to a phone clerk several months ago to get a jump on the iceberg since they have been out of them the last two years. I did not place an order on the 20th, but that evening usps delivered two boxes of BURGANDY ICEBERG ROSES THAT I HAD NOT PURCHASED AND HAD NOT GIVEN AUTHORIZATION TO USE MY CARD AND NO ONE FROM JACKSONS HAD CONTACTED ME. THERE WAS NO INVOICE NO SHIPPING LABEL. THE NEXT DAY I WAS BLAMED. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WAS RUDE. THEY USED MY CARD WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION AND TOLD ME IF I WANTED A CREDIT I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THEM SHIPPED BACK. THAT WAS ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. I AM DISPUTING THE CHARGE. I TOLD THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP THAT MY EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST WITH JACKSONS HAD BEEN EXPLEMPARY WITH PHONE CONTACTS. SHE DIDN\'T CARE AND TOLD ME AGAIN IF YOU WANT A CREDIT YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THEM SHIPPED BACK. I AM CALLING MY ATTORNEY AND DISPUTING THE ENTIRE CHARGES WITH MY CREDIT UNION IN DALLAS. THE CUSTOER SERVICE REP HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME THAT I HAD WRITTEN THE ITEM # MYSELF AND AUTHORIZED THE CHARGE. I AM IN TEXAS. THAT IS A LIE. DON\'T DEAL WITH THEM THEY ARE ALL SCREWED UP NOW PHONE SERVICE ORDERS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY HAVE MORE NEGATIVE COMPLAINTS THAT POSITIVES. THAT TELLS YOU ALOT. I AM OVER 500.OO DUE TO THEIR NEGLIGENCE. THE FAT LADY IS GOING TO SING.
On March 26th, 2015, rodcrosser added the following:

I got an e-mail on the 23rd of March from adavenport@parkseed.com He offered a full refund Full refund means Full including my shipping charge of 100.00 They got the roses back today that I had to send back at my expense of 100.00 due to an error they made. I was told on the 23rd by Gerard or Gerald a sales rep and as he said a customer service rep that they were issuing me a full refund including the shipping charge with his apologies and empathy. I told him at that point I believed what he was telling me. Today the 26th Gerard is now telling me he is not refunding my shipping charge because it is a 3rd party. I ask to speak to the fraud department. mumble and fumble. If it looks like fraud smells like fraud feels like fraud it is. There is the BBB legal recourse and of course social media communication to end this. If I had refused this order which common sense told me to do and I did not because I wanted to find an invoice or a shipping label with this order and there was not any. there would not be a question of shipping charges. apparently from reading the negative reviews this company has reorganized on several occasions? if that is the case anyone would be out of their mind to purchase again from this company. I send my e-mail to adavenport@parkseed.com. I will keep you informed of the outcome.
Company representative comment on March 23, 2015:
On Mar 23, 2015 11:10 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

I am so sorry I was unable to contact you directly because I do not have any of your information. I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, so that I may help you with this situation. I will be more than happy to issue you a refund for this order. I look forward to working with you to resolve this matter.

Negative bluebuster77
Posted on March 27, 2013, updated April 3, 2013
Posted on March 17, 2013, updated March 27, 2013
Posted on February 4, 2013, updated March 17, 2013
Posted on January 29, 2013, updated February 4, 2013
I\\\'m not regret or very happy. Thanks for all the truth and honest feedbacks, but I\\\'m kind of person who believe if I see it. Now what I saw... it is SMALL :( low grade bare root roses that you purchase from Lowe\\\'s and Home Depot will be laugh-out-loud, because new J&P roses are super small (I saw one comment said \\\"world smallest roses ever\\\") CORRECT! They mentioned that their roses are one year old bare roots but prices are not so cheap. I even confused with larger own root roses or low grade canadian bare roots, don\\\'t expect fat plump grated union on them. Just few sticks pop up over root stock. Overall very small BABY bare root roses. I love J&P roses bread by Zary and Warriner, so add them as collection. Hope I get luck in this purchase and pray for my bare root roses are leaves out and bloom. GOD help me!!! However I do like the shipping, first bare root roses order arrived in this season except local purchased. Good enough communication, roses are properly labeled, packaged, moisten and I like the roots better than canes.
On February 4th, 2013, bluebuster77 changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Found dead canes with brown center from one good looking rose they shipped. Center was mushy and can squeeze between two fingers. Prune and removed those canes, smallest bare roots bacame XXXS bare roots. Never again!
On March 17th, 2013, bluebuster77 added the following:

Growths are slowly and weakly. I don\\\'t think those bare roots are top quality at all. I rather loose my money for what I purchsed rather than complaint and getting store credit to buy again next year, never ending drama. They don\\\'t afraid to loose good customer by just doing one time deal, so why not remove this bad company from my supplier list.
On March 27th, 2013, bluebuster77 added the following:

Do not order from them. Really! bare roots are still in same condtion with unmature leaves showing crisp and dried. Spent alot of effort o caring their small tiny bare roots while others are lush and ready to bloom. Super disappointed, if you order from them you will have same feeling as I described.
On April 3rd, 2013, bluebuster77 added the following:

All three J&P roses are surely die with brown canes, only 10% green color on entire bare root while others bushes are ready to bloom. Big No No!
On May 6th, 2013, bluebuster77 added the following:

People willing to buy from them again and again, this company will love to accept your donation. Other gardeners, I advice you that DON\\\'T TRY buying from this company, so let this company bankrupt agan and leave from this business. They ignore all report and complaint regarding of their dead roses. How can I tell this company is professional?
On June 10th, 2013, bluebuster77 added the following:

Hmm I will never gave up my extended negative feedback to this lier. No response my email regarding of their useless low quality die roses. I knew there is no guarantee on refund anyway. I will keep sending this hate message to all gardeners to avoid this company. No regret!
On January 7th, 2014, bluebuster77 added the following:

Don\\\'t even think about to purchase any plants or garden supply from this NEW J&P. You will receive partially dead plants and prepare funeral for you lovely plants and roses. Do not confused with beautiful advertisement with huge colorful roses, your dream will be over short period of time. Rather support local nursery and purchase from trusted gardens. I don\\\'t want you to loose your money!
On March 17th, 2014, bluebuster77 added the following:

Conclusion is DO NOT BUY roses from new Jackson and Perkins. Not only roses are poor quality but also people who doing this business are low quality as well. Dishonest and no refund for their garbage roses.
On December 30th, 2014, bluebuster77 added the following:

Some people bought roses from this company last 5-10 years ago and still think positive about their current quality. Keep update yourself, everything is changed. If you believe still want to buy from them, this company will thanks you for selling you dead roses.
On February 27th, 2015, bluebuster77 added the following:

Nah.. unless people give them positive feedbacks higher than negative, I will trust this company. Not talk about quality of their garbage roses, just mention about no refund nor replace for all my roses died within a month. This is the way they make money...Shame!!!! I will never dealing with company not follow good business practice.
Company representative comment on March 3, 2015:
On Mar 3, 2015 10:56 AM, Jackson & Perkins responded with:

We have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog website. We want to resolve the problem but are unable to locate your order with the partial email address provided by the site. Please forward your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to assist you. We want to help.

Park Seed Sale Associate

Positive MTYost
Mountain View, CA
February 18, 2015
Had similar problems in 2014 as many others who have commented. Ordered 8 roses that arrived with 2 canes somewhat green. Long story short... Finally got a credit which I decided to try again this year after their rep said that they were aware of the problems and they had been addressed. The roses arrived in great shape with sturdy canes with multiple buds which 2 weeks later have begun to sprout. OK, the Double Delight canes were a little thin, but that was typical years ago. Cannot overstate how pleased I am.
BTW, last year was Parkseed's first attempt to ship bareroot roses according to their rep. If so, they have really come a long way.
Positive cyborg
Lansing, MI
October 24, 2014
I purchased roses in the past from Jackson & Perkins and was happy I did. Sorry to see the negative reviews, I will still purchase from them.
Negative Petuniarabbit
Scottsdale, AZ
August 13, 2014
I have been growing roses in my garden for over 10 years. I'm not a newbie. I have purchased from Jackson Perkins in the past -2005. Those roses did wonderfully. My recent experience had soured my opinion of their product and their customer service.
Four barefoot roses were purchased in late spring. All were planted exactly according to their instructions. All struggled with weak growth. Three died within two months. Only one is still living and it has taken an extraordinary amount of tending to keep it. I contacted Jackson Perkins and was promptly advised the guarantee was only valid for spring-meaning no guarantee considering the late date I ordered. Incidentally, two more bare root roses from an inexpensive mail order catalogue were planted at the same time in the same area and are flourishing. Of course, they have a 1 year guarantee.
Buyer Beware:
Jackson Perkins sells a product they do not stand behind.
Jackson Perkins sells an inferior product, IMHO.
Jackson Perkins is on the higher side of pricing.
With all the reputable rose companies to spend your cash on, I discourage throwing money away with Jackson Perkins.
Negative jennwv11
FALLING WATERS, WV
June 18, 2014
Posted on June 16, 2014, updated June 18, 2014
Posted on June 13, 2014, updated June 16, 2014
My husband ordered 4 floribunda roses and a 24" tree rose from Jackson & Perkins for me for Mother's Day. About two weeks ago, my dark cherry rose bloomed but I realized they sent me the wrong kind of rose. I called their customer service and they gave me a refund after I sent a picture via email to the horticulturist showing proof. As of this afternoon, all 4 of the floribundas and my 24'' tree rose has a disease on the leaves. Even the free rose they sent me has a disease( yellowing of leaves and black spots). I don't think they sprayed/inspected them before shipping them out. They all have weird looking red leaves growing that also has weak canes. I called their customer service and I am waiting for their reply now. Do not order from them..they are waste of time and money. I am so disappointed and mad. My family will never order from Jackson & Perkins, Wayside Gardens, and Park Seed Co. ever again!!!
On June 16th, 2014, jennwv11 added the following:

The customer service lady from J & P emailed me this morning letting me know that they are giving me a merchandise credit. I emailed her back asking for a refund of my money plus I want the shipping and handling charges refunded also. I let them know that I don't intend on purchasing from J & P ever again. She replied back saying merchandise credit is what they are offering and they will not issue refund S & H charges because the charges are applied by 3rd party.. Unbelievable! I took a close up picture of the rose (red leaves and weird thorns on canes) to 2 of my local nurseries. I told them that couple of the 2 qt. roses had these symtoms when I got them out of the box. The nursery employees told me it was Rosette's Disease and that there is no cure. Also that J & P probably didn't inspect them before sending them out like they are supposed to. Do not buy from this company!!!
On June 18th, 2014, jennwv11 added the following:

The customer service lady gave me a merchandise credit code for the 3 floribunda roses but she still has not provided me with mcc for the 24' tree rose (about $35). I have sent off an email to vriley@parkseed.com on the 16th requesting for the code so I can check out when I order my replacement roses but I stilll have not gotten a response. Wow!! I will tell all my neighbors who love gardening about my horrible experience with this company.
Negative CosmosandCleome
Bethany, PA
May 16, 2014
In the past two years, I've placed three orders with Jackson and Perkins, and have been more disappointed than pleased with most of my plants. Their shipping has not been prompt, and by the time I received one fall order, the weather was already really cold, and the plants and bare root roses really did not have enough time to get a foothold before winter. Compared to another company I have dealt with, J&P's container plants arrived quite small and almost sickly looking. I have never had any luck getting their bare root plants to grow. I do not plan to order from Jackson and Perkins again.
Negative jayslater123
Baltimore, MD
May 16, 2014
I have ordered several times from J & P in the past 12 months. Mostly rose bushes and was always pleased.

I ordered 3 more potted quarts of roses a week ago and received my order in less than a week. I planted the bushes immediately on this past Wednesday. It is now Friday and I have noticed severe yellowing of the bottom 1/2 of each plant's leaves and much drop off. I checked for mites and found a severe infestation in all 3 of the plants.

I wrote a nice note to J & P and attached 4 close up pictures of the leaves. I received a reply very quickly offering me a suggestion of making up a soap solution to spray the roses.

Not good.

When I spend my money on expensive plants and expensive shipping I don't expect to be told to spray their plants for mites 2 days after receiving them.

I guess J & P doesn't care about their customers and has now surely lost another one!

Jay
Negative Bo426
Henderson, NC
May 9, 2014
On April 15, 2013 I ordered a RIO SAMBA rose bush because I could not find it locally. I planted it in a bed with 9 rose bushes I had bought from LOWES. As of today, May 9, 2014, the RIO SAMBA is DEAD and the 9 rose bushes from LOWES are full of buds and blooming. The RIO SAMBA never did well, it seemed to struggle last season. Today I called JP, and they said it was only guaranteed for 2 months. I live in Carolina, so shock in shipping was not a problem. I will NOT buy from JP ever again. Lowes has a FULL YEAR guarantee, plus it is local. I've learned my lesson.
Negative hdmitchel
Virginia Beach, VA
May 8, 2014
I had been a fan/customer of Jackson Perkins roses for the past 10 years either buying them directly from a local nursery, or ordering them on line. Using a gift certificate from my daughter, I ordered a total of ten roses, paid $248.50 on February 27th, 2014. Roses arrived on March 5th, 2014 as bare root product. Little did I know that the company had changed ownership, and was now headquartered in the Carolinas.
The order contained 10 roses in varying stages of maturity. Some of the canes were 1/2 inch thick, some barely 1/4 inch thick...which initially caused some concern. After about two weeks, when I didn't see any signs of life from some of the roses, I called into the company; was told to wait another couple of weeks. In April, I called again because some of the roses appeared dead after a month...no signs of life whatsoever; was told to give them another couple weeks; to apply Epsom salts, cut off the black spots, apply Elmer's glue or nail polish to the exposed canes, etc. I had to take photos of the roses for their horticulturist to see if they warranted replacement. So, I took photos of all ten of the roses, sent them in. J&P decided from the photos, that two of the roses definitely needed to be replaced, which they did. The replacement product was less than the quality that I expected, and that I was used to from J&P. So, back and forth on the phone with them, with them requesting more photos of the four other roses that are dead and need replacement. Long story short, of the ten roses that I ordered, only 4 of those roses have leafed out and are hanging in there. From the photos that I sent them, they are now deciding if they are going to refund my money, which is a little over $100.00.
Their customer service now is a hit or miss...some of the representatives that I speak with are real friendly and helpful...some others are not. I always get a different person. The person that I sent the original photos to...those photos could not be retrieved or reviewed by any one else when that person was out on 'emergency'.
The company has changed. If you are looking for the original quality, friendliness, helpful, great product that we once got...FORGET IT. I never experienced this with the original J&P...because their product was always in top notch condition/form. I never had to call them to complain or anything like that. Whenever you did call in, you got a friendly, responsive customer service person.
Go spend your money somewhere else. Even the local nurseries, where I could once get the J&P roses...have ceased to carry them. The replacements that they send you do not have the circular metal tag that the roses once had, and please believe me...the roses that they send are a far cry from the roses of 'yesteryear'. I am sorry for the experience, but they are going to refund my money or I will take them to court for not honoring their guarantee.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.