The scoop on 'Anderson's Seed Co.'

Anderson's Seed Co.

20253 Elfin Forest Rd.
Escondido, California 92029 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Positive Stevea07
Florence, AL
February 24, 2015
Posted on January 23, 2007, updated February 24, 2015
I heard good things about this company. They started sending me their newsletter. I water to buy some seeds from them so I e-mailed them to see if the seeds were still available before I sent them money. I did this two other times for a total of three times over the last year. I never received a response from them. I understand this company is owned by the president of the CA chapter of the Palms and Cycads Society. I guess that doesn\'t mean a thing! They get a Big F for having no customer service.
On February 24th, 2015, Stevea07 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

They have gotten more professional. One order I had to cancel, because they had prelisted a species that they would not receive for several weeks or more. Two other orders were shipped within one day of receiving my payment and I got my order in less than one week.
Neutral NorthSC
North, SC (Zone 8a)
July 23, 2013
Purchased Washingtonia filifera seeds from Anderson's Seed Co. - over 2 years ago and those seedlings now grew large enough to see that they all are either Washingtonia robusta or Washingtonia filibusta hybrids and not Washingtonia filifera.

Ordered Washingtonia filifera seeds from them again and asked to make sure they send me the right seeds. About two years later I will post what those seeds turned out to be.

Purchased seeds also from other sources to compare and also because Anderson's Seed does not guarantee purity of their seeds as per their invoices.
Positive Aussieboy
Bonsall, CA
January 28, 2007
Absolutely outstanding company, we have been doing business with then both as a supplyer of seeds and purchaser of seeds for over 10 years with no complaints at all. the seed is always true to type.

Eric the owner of the company is from one of the most respected hourticultural families in the San Diego area.

Dallas, OR
February 27, 2005
I have been using this company for many years. They alway provide wonderful sewrvice and will bend over backwards to help with questions, planting instructions, and any other information that I may need. I have referred them to all of my friends, and to all of the people in the gardening lub that I belong to.

A very good, nice, and friendly comapny.

Anne Sharpe