The scoop on 'Stone Cottage Gardens'

Stone Cottage Gardens

3740 W. Willford Rd.
Gladwin, Michigan 48624 (United States)

Phone: (989)426-2919

Visit Stone Cottage Gardens at:

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants.

Comments:

Positive Tawonda
Beaverton, MI
April 16, 2013
This gardening gem is located at the end of a cul-de-sac in sparsely populated Gladwin County...but is well worth the drive if you love daylilies and other perennials. The business, located on an old farmstead, has an amazing selection of plants, helpfully displayed by groups (sun-loving, shade-loving, succulents, grasses, herbs, etc.) It also sells specialty garden tools and some garden products like organic fertilizers. Prices are reasonable, and the plants obviously receive much more TLC than the starts you find in the big-box-store garden department.; you'll also find many more unusual varieties. The staff is friendly and helpful, and knows its stuff. Stone Cottage hosts a series of events throughout the growing season, and it rents out its premises for weddings and other special occasions.For the past couple of years it has also offered a limited amount of greenhouse produce like salad greens, although I'm not sure what the plans are for the coming year.
Positive glevely
Sanford, MI (Zone 5a)
June 5, 2007
I went to day on sper of the moment to look for something new WOW was I evey pleased with every thing!! I can not tell you what a wonderful time I had very informative 'and
, helpful .One of the nicest ladys I have ever delt with .Will go back as offten as I can
Positive pinkflowers
Highland, MI
April 22, 2007
I found Stone Cottage Gardens years ago when I had a cottage in Gladwin. Once you visit, you're hooked. Besides being extemely nice people, they really know there stuff. I was amazed at all the colors of daylilies there are. I'm partial to pinks and purples. You must vist in July when all the daylilies are in full bloom! Absolutley gorgeous!!! I drive 2 hours to pick out daylilies for myself and take orders from my friends too. If you want good quality, value and a variety of colors, this is the place.
Positive DaylilySLP
Dearborn Heights, MI (Zone 6a)
July 19, 2006
Stopped at this garden on the way home from up north in Michigan.
Stopped to take pics, but ended up taking home 8 plants.
They were so friendly and plants very generous.
Great looking plants! Also this was one of their special Sundays, they had food, drink and music!
Sandy
Positive jercatz
West Branch, MI
August 16, 2004
I have purchased daylilies from this company for three years. They are super-nice people and have great display gardens. It's worth the drive!!!
Positive TheFountainLady
Beaverton, MI
May 5, 2004
I visited Stone Cottage Gardens last fall for the first time and came home with many lovely Daylillies and other perennials. They dig the daylillies right when you are there - talk about fresh!

They have lovely landscaped gardens to walk through, and a nice selection of plants to choose from. Friendly people to deal with. I will be a customer for life!
Positive Gordo10
April 2, 2004
This place has the best selection of perennials I have seen. Not only that the service is great.
Positive grannymarsh
Marquette, MI (Zone 5a)
March 31, 2004
We love this place!!. They specialize in Hybrid Daylilies. During the growing season they offer all sorts of workshops and even host a yearly GArden Party, complete with music-waaay cool. I drive 2 hours just to visit several times a year. POSITIVE experience. Have not mail-ordered from them, always visit. Well worth the drive!!
On May 15th, 2007, grannymarsh added the following:

Another year, another positive experience. Very nice selection of perennials including some interesting sedums. All healthy and correctly priced. Mary gave daughter #1 and myself a bonus daylily "Strictly Entertainment" for spending more than $20.00.
Their grounds are nicely planted with labels on all plants, all nicely maintained. I see that they are hosting weddings and perhaps other special occassions too.
It is no longer a 2 hour drive for me but a 7 hour drive. LOL