The scoop on 'Dupont Nursery, Inc.'

Dupont Nursery, Inc.

30235 Dupont Lane
Plaquemine, Louisiana 70764 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-259-1992

Comments:

Positive kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR (Zone 7b)
February 7, 2008
I have ordered cajun hibiscus plants from Dupont on three different occasions. All three times, the plants were healthy , well packed, and decent sized , for the price I paid. Can't go wrong with this company for great hibiscus plants.
Positive crystalnurse
Saint Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
November 2, 2006
Ordered 4in Hibiscus in October. Beautiful plants that are all doing great! Will defintely order from them again.

Crystal
Positive PlantMomto3
Nevada, MO (Zone 6a)
June 25, 2006
A very good experience. I placed an order on Monday and received the plants on Friday. One variety that I ordered was out of stock and I received a phone call (not an e-mail!) letting me know this, so I quickly chose a replacement. Great customer service.

The plants are healthy, nice-sized, and clearly labeled. The price of both the plants and shipping was very reasonable. The only thing I would do differently would be to order earlier in the season so that more varieties were in stock--they have absolutely beautiful plants!

Also, sense of humor is refreshing. :)
Positive TessC
New Orleans, LA (Zone 8b)
June 13, 2006
Because they're mainly a wholesale seller, you must order in groups of 6 from Dupont...but you won't find it very hard to find twice that that you want!

Plants arrived quickly and very healthy, some already with buds and all have grown well over the last few months since I've ordered them. They're very friendly and easy to deal with, happy to answer any questions or concerns.
Positive bibbykitty
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
January 18, 2006
Just received my order of six hibiscus, very healthy plants some with buds. I am happy with my purchase.
Great people to deal with, fast shipping definitely plan to order more when some of the other varieties are available. Highly recommend this company.
Positive TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes IA, IA (Zone 4b)
October 2, 2004
5 stars!
Family run business~ Grandpa Bobbie, son, Mr. Robbie, grandson, Robbie etc. They are hybridizers and sell only their own hibiscus. Service was outstanding

Ordered tropical hibiscus ~ $ 10 ea minimum 6 (as they ship best in groups of 6) S&H reasonable ~ 4" liners & about 8" tall arrived healthy, well packed & in good condition.

Throughout the summer as they bloomed ~ some were not what was ordered but I still was not dismayed as a couple were more beautiful than what was ordered. They were good to give the correct names for what I received and told me they would send replacements for the selections not received!

They chop the tops off for shipping which stimulated them to grow - get bushier. They caught up, and in some cases surpassed others purchased elsewhere as larger plants.They have more than doubled in height by the end of this summer.
On October 2nd, 2004, TwinLakesChef added the following:

For a small additional fee, they will also make a very nice plant label with a picture of the plant.