The scoop on 'Blooming Prairie Gardens'

Blooming Prairie Gardens

Blooming Prairie, Minnesota 55917 (United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive BrisbaneAnne
Brisbane, CA (Zone 10b)
March 31, 2013
I ordered the bi-color collection. Arrived on time, very nice corms. Good communication. Recommend it.
Negative rambam
Buffalo, MN
June 24, 2008
I ordered a collection of bulbs from the company, advertised in their catalog as: Deluxe Mixture Collection. This mixture is a real traffic stopper. It includes the brightest colors, blotches, novelties, exhibition and exotics, both miniature and large, that we can make available. New introductions and show winners are often in the mixture. At least 10 varieties labeled our choice per order.

The price was listed as $50 for 100 large of the labeled varieties, with an unlabeled assortment available for $45. I authorized a charge on my credit card of $50, plus shipping.

On 4-26-08 the shipment arrived, but the varieties were not labeled. I emailed the company that day, and received this message in reply: "This is our deluxe mixture with at least 10 varieties in the mixture. we do not label each variety in this collection. Hope this answers your question about the order. Thank You Steve"

I emailed again, explaining that I had expected to receive labeled varieties of bulbs, and would not have placed the order if I knew that this was what I would receive, and asked what the company could do about the situation. I received this reply: "The word labeled is a printing error. sorry Thanks Steve"

The next day they sent: "What would you like to do on this ? We really strive to give good customer service. Thanks Steve"I mailed a letter to the company that day explaining that I was not happy with my order, and if a printing error had been responsible I should have been told when I placed my order. I said that because they couldn't fill the order as advertised, they should credit my credit card the amount, and send a shipping label so I could return the plants.

I waited over two weeks with no reply, then sent an email with the letter attached. I received this reply on 5-16-08: "we will be refunding your purchase Thank you Steve"

I haven't heard from them since, and my credit card hasn't been credited. I've tried contacting them multiple times with no answer. I even tried reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

Also, even if I hadn't cared about the varieties being labeled, the bulbs were much smaller than the catalog said that size would be. I doubt that half of them would have even sprouted. They're still out in my garage right now, probably rotting in the box. This whole experience has just been ridiculous and very frustrating.
Positive oswald
Wausaukee, WI
April 2, 2004
Excellent listing of gladioli, well described. Ordered for spring 2004--order delivered on time, in very good condition.