The scoop on 'Exterior Accents'

Exterior Accents

3020-I Prosperity Church Road, Box 300
Charlotte, North Carolina 28269 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-595-9164

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive jblock
grand rapids, MI
June 23, 2014
I ordered a Mayne Fairfield window box from Exterior Accents and have been very pleased with the product and service from the company. I was hesititant ordering from them because of all the negative reviews. But, my window box came very quickly and was just what I ordered. They also had the best price I could find on the Mayne window boxes. The window box came directly from the manufacturer. I will say, they can improve on their website as far as status of order. There is not any link to check on the status. I called the company which had great customer service and answered my question. I would order from Exterior Accents again.
Negative kadgarden
June 3, 2011
Placed an order 5 weeks ago for products with the following in the desccription "This is a made to order item, please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery; any returns will be subject to a 15% restocking fee."

My credit card was IMMEDIATELY CHARGED and I still have not received the products. If I cancel the order I will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The order total was almost $600.
Negative TEFR
Jacksonville, FL
July 5, 2010
Ordered a Raised FlowerBed and then notice that "anchor is not included" in the description. Their Customer Service person could not tell me what an anchor does or what one costs...she DID tell me that the company doesn't sell them and that she had no idea where I could get one! This discussion took over 10 minutes! I sincerely advise you NOT to do business with this company!
Negative gazebogardener
Sacramento, CA
April 20, 2010
20Apr2010
Not only does Exterioraccents.com IGNORE customer email, but they are spamming us relentlessly. We asked them to stop in November 2009, then again in March 2010, and now they're still doing it in April. They think they're above the law and don't have to honor Opt Out requests when they do. We have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against these arrogant jerks, and hope you do too. We had kept our problem private until now but had no choice but to publish it for the world to see since we have gotten nowhere with Exterioraccents.com. If you value your privacy, care at all about customer service, you will NOT to business with these irresponsible privacy invaders. No doubt they are selling your personal information to thousands of other companies as well.
Negative Garden_Girl73
Forest, VA
January 8, 2010
I **DO NOT** recommend this site for internet orders. I placed an order over a weekend, an in stock item that would be "shipped within 1-2 business days".

5 days later, the item had not shipped. Customer service could not tell me why it hadn't shipped. Customer service could not contact anyone in the warehouse to find out why it hadn't shipped. Customer service could only send in a request to find out why it hadn't shipped - and that request would take 1-2 business days to "process". I asked if that would be the same 1-2 days it took to ship the order. This was laughable at this point.

And of course, they couldn't possibly cancel the order. But I could have the order shipped, pay to have it returned, and then pay a 15% restocking fee.

Please, do not use this site until they change their customer service policies. The operator I spoke to would not put me in touch with one person who could help me with the item I ordered - which of course was for a birthday present. It will end up as a present for next year the way this is going. If the company had contacted me at the beginning of the week and said, "This item is not available to ship for another week" then I could have decided if I still wanted the item. The fact that they a) cannot tell me why the item has not shipped b) cannot tell me when it will ship c) cannot figure out what the problem is for another 1-2 days and d) cannot cancel the order are 4 reasons not to use this site.
Negative mbro
Kuna, ID
June 27, 2008
I bought a solar pump with a two yr warranty in Aug 2007 it stopped working in June 2008. I called Exterior Accents about the problem and they said they will contact me in 48 hrs. A week and two call to them later still no help. It looks like their warranty is no warranty
Positive Lynne_Z
New Berlin, WI
May 30, 2006
So many beautiful things to choose from! I bought a fountain birdbath and a garden statue. Both are wonderful and were shipped quickly. I will definitely shop at Exterior Accents again!
Positive mad4roses
Georgetown, TX (Zone 8a)
March 7, 2006
I was looking for a large obelisk for my climbing rose and found Exterior Accents had the best price for the size and style I wanted. I also ordered an outdoor clock/thermometer at the same time. They arrived yesterday and I'm pleased with the quality of both items. I'd be happy to order from them again.
Negative Janna
Mahwah, NJ (Zone 6a)
June 15, 2005
This company has very bad, annoying, simply ABSENT customer service! I ordered 2 garden obelisks from them a month ago, they promissed to ship in the end of the month (2 weeks). Haven't received anything, haven't gotten a notice about the delay, sent them 3 or 4 e-mails - no reply, and called and left messages - no returned calls. The phone ( which is not toll-free) is either busy or prompts you to leave a message, so they will NOT return it. The roses I bought these obelisks for have nowhere to climb! They are huge by now! I should have bought those elsewhere, what a mistake! Wanted to save couple dollars.
Please don't bother with this company - total frustration and waste of time!