The scoop on 'Corralitos Gardens'

Corralitos Gardens

295 Alitos Drive
Corraliltos, California 95076 (United States)

Comments:

Positive bryana
Albany, NY
May 9, 2013
I ordered 6 water lily dahlias - they all arrived in good condition and labeled with plastic tabs.
I waiting a couple of days to plant them and a couple wilted - but came back after watering. These are growing plants in a sponge like material - not dormant roots. Be ready to plant them upon arrival.
Positive b07ias
Eureka, CA
July 4, 2012
I placed a small order with CG and I had never ordered rooted cuttings before. The plants have performed beautifully, healthy and tough.
Positive njjpl
Pequannock, NJ
May 12, 2012
Received my first order from Corralitos Gardens, and all arrived healthy and happy. Plus, some bonus plants. Great selection.
Positive pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY (Zone 7a)
February 10, 2012
What wonderful experiences I've had with Corralitos several times. Though I had my doubts when I saw the rooted cuttings with tiny tubers, every dahlia grew, bloomed beautifully and at the end of the season the tubers were just as big as all other dahlias.

One additional positive note - Kevin and his catalog people do not play games with colors, for which I'm so grateful. Every single dahlia bloomed as portrayed.

I would encourage anyone/everyone to try Corralitos for dahlias. They are SO easy to plant and grow so well.
Positive Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK (Zone 5b)
June 26, 2010
I ordered and received six dahlias from Kevin. He called a few months before shipping to clarify something and we ended up talking for about an hour. He was super super helpful with information about propagating and tubers. They send a pre-note to assure you will be there to receive the plants. The packaging is awesome. I ordered Munchkins (little bitty guys), planted them immediately, and they have buds on them now. I tried his idea to plant them in the ground in their pots and it was sooo cool. I had to move a couple and up they came easily, roots starting to come out of the holes in the pot. Wonderful experience and personal service.
Positive Chocolatemoose
North Pole, AK (Zone 1)
April 9, 2010
I placed my first order with Corralitos last December for shipment on April 5. They arrived yesterday (April 8) and I was truly astounded at the quality and size of the cuttings and also with the amazing packaging. All 30 cuttings were incredibly healthy with not a single broken or wilted leaf (shipped to North Pole, Alaska).

I planted them last night and they are perky and happy this morning, looking like they were just freshly cut, despite having been boxed for several days in transit.

The process was so easy and worth every penny of the price. I would order from them again without hesitation and will recommend them to fellow gardeners without reservation.
Positive CapeCodGardener
Mid-Cape, MA (Zone 7a)
April 13, 2009
I just wanted to concur with the previous posters. My experience with the 30 rooted dahlia cuttings I ordered from Corralitos Gardens for last year's dahlia bed (2008) was so positive that I placed a new order from this year's web catalog as soon as it came out. The web catalog itself is easy to navigate, and when I spoke with the owner, he gave me good advice about optimum shipping dates to our part of the East Coast. I've ordered the Summer and Fall color collections, plus a few others I just couldn't resist for this year. Can't wait to receive them and get them started.
Positive David_Paul
Clinton, CT (Zone 6b)
April 8, 2009
In 2008, I ordered the Summer and Fall colors cutting garden collections. The assortments were terrific and included some Dahlias just out that year. Planted them out the end of May and had the first blooms the second week in July. So much easier than planting tubers. I was amazed at how healthy these plants were when they arrrived. Photos a day and a half after I got them:

Think I placed my order the last weekend it was possible to order for 2008. Kevin was very gracious during which was no doubt a busy end of the season. He spent quite a bit of time on the phone stressing how calcium is imperative for dahlia growth and debunking some of the information I had read on the net. It paid off as I was flooded with blooms all summer and right until the first frost.

If you are looking for a foolproof, very easy way to grow vigorous dahlias fast, I can't think of a better source than Corralitos.

Positive clareb
Missoula, MT (Zone 5a)
June 14, 2008
This company rocks! I enthusiastically recommend this company to anyone interested in learning about and/or purchasing dahlias.

I ordered several plants from Corralitos Gardens, via their website. I received a well-developed (strong stem with several pairs of leaves and great roots) cutting for each plant ordered plus a great bonus plant.

The packaging system used by Corralitos seems to be pretty perfect; not a single plant had even a marred leaf (despite the fact that the shipping box was left in the sun and sideways).

I received prompt and accurate e-mail information regarding my order and its shipping.

Corralitos Gardens has one of the best dahlia sites on the web. The site has excellent flower images for every plant, clearly shows and describes the different types of dahlias, and provides detailed information about growing dahlias. I have found the Corralitos website to be one of the easiest dahlia websites to navigate and to make decisions on what type of dahlias to try in my garden. One can't help but want to order oodles of gorgeous dahlias from Corralitos!
Positive seagardener
Southport, ME
August 28, 2007
We were surprised to find out that we weren't receiving tubers but actually rooted cuttings. One of the company owners called in advance of shipment to make sure we would be home to receive the plants because we were on the east coast. We made arrangements to have the cuttings potted up at a local greenhouse and eventually moved them up into larger pots before transplanting them into the garden.
The colors, quality and vigor of the plants that developed were out of this world. I've never seen such things, and we've grown thousands (that's right, thousands) of dahlias! A few plants were mis-labeled (didn't match the name) and usually that means you get some odd colored dregs but those mis-labeled turned out to be more fabulous than what we ordered so we simply cannot complain.
Positive bigcityal
Menasha, WI (Zone 5a)
June 8, 2007
I am very happing with the cuttings sent. They really do take an interest in sending good plants and helping you to enjoy them.
Positive sudhira
Aptos, CA
April 21, 2007
Worth every penny spent. These growers are diligent and committed to growing healthy gorgeous cuttings. No waiting for tubers to sprout. I can't commend them enough.
Positive Steve_D
Massapequa Park, NY (Zone 7a)
March 3, 2007
One of the very best in the business. Their web site is an education in itself. over the years that I have done business with Kevin and Karen I have always been pleased with their service and product. I have become a firm believer that dahlia plants (cuttings) is the way to go. Should a problem arise a contact by email or voice brings a quick and fair answer and you get results.
If I only could do business with 3 firms Kevin would be on that short list. Do yourself a favor and contact him for your needs you will not be sorry
Steve N
Positive etinbloom
Albuquerque, NM
January 26, 2007
CG has a gorgeous catalog, easy-to-use website, ships healthy, well-packed plants, and gives great service - they gave me extra plants, and when I had questions they sent a nice detailed email response. Very helpful people!
Positive dom1941
Fort Pierce, FL
January 6, 2006
i have been dealing with corralitos for past 2 years. not only has
kevin larkin been helpful but he has stood by corralitos products above and beyond what has been expected in this
day. my order last year was adversely affected in the course of shipment. the order was immediately replaced with additional plants added for any inconvenience i had experienced. kevin larkin has been a pleasure to deal with
in both a business sense and a source of information.
i would strongly encourage anyone desiring a quality product
to check with corralitos.