The scoop on 'Brugmansias.net'

Brugmansias.net

22559 Hoffman Road
Mandeville, Louisiana 70471 (United States)

Editor's Comment:
Closed Per the owner's note Brugmansias.net has closed.

Company Comment, posted on April 17, 2004:
Due to Hurricane Katrina, we have closed this business down, sorry but we no longer live in Louisiana and no longer raise Brugmansia for sale.

Comments:

Neutral hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA
July 4, 2006
From their site:

Unfortunately, we lived almost directly in the path of Hurricane Katrina, and our inventory of brugs for sale was pretty much wiped out by the storm. We will not be taking any more orders until further notice.
Positive cb28655
Kyle, TX
August 26, 2005
Great plants and large ones! :) Well packed, too! 5 Stars!
Positive mvs5322
Houston, TX
May 14, 2005
I found Brugmansias.net through Texas Gardener magazine. They had a great selection of peach colored brugmansias. I placed an order, and received it in less than a week. It is a beautiful, well-rooted plant. I also received email updates letting me know the progress of my order. I would highly recommend this vendor!
Positive 8ftbed
Zion, IL (Zone 5a)
May 13, 2005
When researching 'Milk N Honey' this site came up.
The website itself caught my attention in it's design and responsiveness. They also carried a book I had been waiting on from a different source and while at it I saw 'Georgia Peach' and ended up ordering all three.

A statement at checkout was my first notice of the 'Root to order' policy. This should be stated before you're allowed to submit the order. I wouldn't have ordered if I'd known of the 30 day +/- delay.

I sent an email stating same and to cancel the order but Mary responded in good time stating she already had rooted plants (I ordered the gallon size on one) and would ship 'sometime next week'. This response was appreciated.

I'll update my comments and rating upon receipt of the merchandise and yes I have received emails of the shipping with tracking numbers.
On May 16th, 2005, 8ftbed added the following:

Plants were received alive with most potting mix washed off the roots which were then wrapped in wet newspaper.

Question and comment regarding the plants after receipt were answered in a timely manner.

Rating will remain neutral until grown out and bloom which should reveal the plants were virus free and the variety ordered.
On July 2nd, 2005, 8ftbed changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

While not dissatisfied, I had shared a few concerns with how poorly the initial plants upon receipt and one size question. I didn't ask for anything and actually declined offers of replacement/refund. It was just a little feedback.

WIthout notice I just received another Milk and Honey. Rooted with a couple of 24" stalks on it. I'm sure when it was shipped it was lush but the heat this time of year tooks it's toll on those big leafs. Completely unsolicited and unexpected. You can't help but have very a very favorable impression with followup like that ********
Positive matthewstout
April 26, 2005
Excellent well rooted cuttings. I have an order for three plants total and they ended up shipping separately as two were already rooted. They were excellent, I know the third, which I ordered knowing that it was likely a root to order purchase, will be excellent.

I am very glad to see that she took the time and care to only ship what was ready. I have ordered a lot of plants from many suppliers and had too many send me barely rooted weak plants. But not here so far, just very large rooted cuttings.

The packaging was also exceptional.
Positive Katzen
Puyallup, WA (Zone 8a)
March 31, 2005
I ordered a couple of varieties of hybrid seeds and a Dr Suess cutting. The seeds were shipped immediately; the cutting wasn't ready/available yet by Mary's standards. She informed me of the delay, and eventually shipped me not a cutting, but a rooted plant! She is very ethical and has high quality plants which are shipped with care.
Positive gordo
Gulfport, FL (Zone 9b)
October 30, 2004
After consulting The Watchdog, I decided to buy some Brumansias from Brugmansias.Net. I ordered a group of cuttings and waited to see how things would turn out.
My package arrived in a few days (very fast shipping) and I was surprised to see a very large box...heavy too.
Mary sent me a fine assortment of cuttings. What is more, some of them were already rooted. They were large, healthy and packaged as if they were the crown jewels.
Not only will I buy from her again, I also highly recommend Brugmansias.Net to anyone interested in a wide variety of Brugs from which to select and top notch service.
My wallet is getting thinner as I write this....
Positive Ronna
Tulsa, OK (Zone 6b)
October 4, 2004
Wonderful!!! I ordered cuttings of two different brugmansias, Mary emailed me and asked if she could send me a rooted one instead (of the double, no less!) for the same price. Like the others, I received tracking info when my box was shipped, and the box arrived in good shape. The rooted plant looks great, and the unrooted cutting is a nice size and should root quickly. I'm very happy and definitely will order again!
Positive TJHSFO
May 20, 2004
This is a great site. Mary provided me with a very good experience, a beautiful specimen and guidelines to care for my first Brugmansia. There was a slight delay in shipping, Mary explained it was to make sure she could provide me with the best plant possible! On top of this great service, she sent me a bonus plant as well.
I will be shopping on her site again.
THANKS!
Positive Brinda
Yukon, OK (Zone 7b)
May 8, 2004
I can not say enough positive things about Brugmansias.net! Mary has made me so happy with the plants that she shipped! They were huge and so nice and I'm really looking forward to seeing them bloom! Mary is a really nice lady and anyone interested in brugs should look at her site....you will not be disappointed!
Positive minigrannie
San Antonio, TX (Zone 9a)
April 22, 2004
My brugs were shipped the day after ordering and arrived in perfect condition. I also received a bonus brug that was even nicer than the ones ordered. They were shipped with a tracking no., so I knew exactly when to expect them as well. You can't beat that kind of service. I would highly recommend this company to everyone, including my family and best friends. It is A+++++.
Positive Ramnyc
New York, NY
April 21, 2004
I found Brugmansias.net via Gardenwatchdog. Amazingly, they offer Engelstrompeten, a superb book on Angel Trumpets published in Germany (and in German). Brugmansias.net sells it with an English translation - something I searched all over the net for; all in vain. The book with translation is the same price as others offering only the German version.

While on the site, I bought a Golfito. It arrived today and all I can say is "WOW!" It is huge for the price and in superior condition.

One more compliment is warranted. Mary (at Brugmansias.net) sent the plant with a tracking number and notified me prior to shipment. This way, I knew when it would arrive and could plan for it.

Those of us who appreciate Brugs can add this company to our favorite suppliers list.
Positive spacker
April 15, 2004
Placing the order was very easy. The Flowers that I ordered and received were in excellent condition. The transaction was well documented by the company. I received emails to keep me updated as to the status of the shipment and estimated date of arrival.

I will continue to do business with this company for years to come.

I would highly recommend doing business with this online nursery.