The scoop on 'Sprucewood Farms'

Sprucewood Farms

91 Casey Road
Newport, Washington 99156 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-615-3405

Comments:

Positive wisegye
Redwood City, CA
August 17, 2008
I purchased a number of their "Androscoggin" poplar trees 2 years ago. As other posters mention, they deliver to uninspiring locations throughout the west (I picked mine up in Weed, CA). I didn't have the site prepared in time, so my trees were all transplanted into larger pots. I planted 3 in the ground last summer and these 3 are now nearly 20' tall and about 12 feet wide. The growth rate is incredible. The trees that have not been planted yet are pretty leggy ... I wish I had been able to get them planted sooner but they're going in next week - 23 months from the original delivery. For anyone wanting an inexpensive tree that will provide real-time pleasure, get a couple of these and sit back and whatch them grow.
Positive dempugs
Blanco, NM
May 25, 2006
I started buying from Sprucewood Farms aka http://www.fastrees.com in about 2000. I have landscaped 2 homes/yards exclusively with their Androscoggin Trees, Redosier Dogwood bushes & Phlox flowering bushes.
This year we purchased our last home on 3 acres and of course I immediately checked them out. Today I went to my pickup location, the Conoco gas station in Bloomfield, NM. Strange as it may seem they deliver to gas station & grocery store parking lots.
This time my order was for BLACK CHERRY trees, to feed the birds, ANDROSCOGGIN trees for fast growth shade & soil stabilizing, REDOSIER DOGWOOD bushes for year round color & a low nesting bird habitat, AMUR MAPLE trees for smaller well rounded foreground trees with magnificent fall color, and WILLOUGHBY trees for tall (70') narrow fast growing accent trees.
I was floored. We have always been more than satisfied with their products, but this time was even more exceptional. They now offer taller trees, up to 7', in the same wonderful varieties & condition. I didnt think it was possible to be happier with them than I have over the past 6 years. I was wrong, they consistently exceed the expectations that they taught me to have. Even locally grown trees dont get home as healthy and beautiful and they never grow as fast.
They have a good GUARANTEE, which they actually abide by, but I have only used it on one tree out of the too many to count that I have bought from them.
When you call, they answer the phone and are glad to talk to you because the calls must all be from satisfied customers & potential happy buyers. If you want advice, they willingly share their extensive knowledge, even beyond what's contained in the wonderful, clear, concise directions that arrives with your order.

If you are lucky enough to live near them in Newport, Washington or in live in one of the states that they deliver to, check them out. I dont buy trees anywhere else, because everyone else is a disappointment after Sprucewood Farms. They deliver to Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, & Wyoming. They deliver several times a year & delivery schedule is posted on their website. Happy Growing, you won't be disappointed.
On May 25th, 2006, dempugs added the following:

I am so sorry, I included an incorrect URL. The correct one for the home page for Sprucewood Farms is as follows:
Positive canalzonechick
Cresson, TX
May 15, 2006
As stated on a previous comment, you have a pickup location to receive your trees. I bought one androscoggin just because I figured if it doesn't grow then I didn't waste too much money. They do have a guarantee by the way. They also provide you with very specific instructions to get the best out of your tree. Anyhoo, my tree is growing fast and doing well. Their website is http://www.fasttrees.com. I will buy from them again.
Positive mommydi
Gooding, ID (Zone 5a)
April 15, 2004
In 2000, we bought a 2-story house without any trees in the backyard (west side of house). We needed shade for our four young children (newborn, 2, 8, 10) to play in the back plus needed to cool off the second story (bedrooms). We could NOT afford the "real" trees, where they start out at 15-20'. Then I saw this little ad in the classified "Want fast growing trees? Call 1-800" etc. It sounded like a fly-by-night company but I figured for $12 or so a tree, if their promises came true, I'd be so happy. If not, well, I was only out $40. I was desperate enough to gamble.

The company doesn't "mail" the trees-- I went to the nearest "pickup" location on the delivery date and received my 5' tall sticks in milk jugs. I was a little worried!

I planted them in the fall, watered (almost) daily, and started watering again in the spring. They grew and grew!

Finally three and a half years later, they are as tall as our second story, lush and beautiful! It makes so much difference in our yard. We purchased Androscoggins, my mother has purchased the willows. We've not lost one yet. I don't baby my plants but we did use common sense (lots of water, etc.). I have pictures of my trees that I posted on Dave's Plant Database.

I highly recommend them and will buy from them again.