The scoop on 'Novosel Enterprises'

Novosel Enterprises

1245 Main Street
Oberlin, Pennsylvania 17113 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Comments:

Positive lilaclily
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
March 14, 2014
Posted on August 22, 2007, updated March 14, 2014
I've ordered twice from this great company. They've got all the seed starting supplies I need - I just add dirt and seeds! Excellent prices, fast shipping, a true gem in the mail-order world!
On September 26th, 2008, lilaclily added the following:

Make that 3 times. They just keep getting better and better. And they even had seed packets on sale for 75 cents a pack!

Love, love, LOVE this company!
On March 14th, 2014, lilaclily added the following:

It's been too long since I've posted my review - time for a follow-up!!

I order from Novosel every year and every year I cannot find one complaint about this wonderful company. Great prices, discounts, and extremely fast shipping. I would not order my seed starting supplies from ANYONE else!
Positive mintproduce
Iva, SC
February 27, 2013
Just made my second order with these folks. I was looking for a good deal on peat pots, and they had the best prices from what I could tell. You get free shipping on orders over $75, which is excellent. My order arrived in about 2 days, also excellent. Simple but user-friendly website, easy check-out process....what's not to like? I'll be a customer for the long haul.
Positive VineWorld
Syracuse, UT (Zone 7b)
January 9, 2013
Had a great time with this company!

They have a great variety, EXCELLENT prices, good quality, and fast and trackable shipping.

I ordered lots of different items because I didn't know what size I wanted of what and it was a rather big list, but they nailed every single one and everything was right! Even an extra here or there!

The ONLY thing I would complain about is that the green bamboo stakes leave their paint ALL OVER your fingers, pretty messy...
Positive AZPHATMAN
Mesa, AZ
January 12, 2012
I first heard of Novosel at the Garden Watchdog. When I visited their site I noticed right off the bat that their prices are lower than Johnny's for seed starting supplies by a lot and lower than most any place I can remember. I placed my first order with Novosel 1/3/12 roughly a week after placing a very similar order with Park Seeds. True to what other reviews have said their 1020 trays and cell inserts are somewhat beefier than those commonly sold elsewhere. Not indestructible or ultra strong but there is a definite difference in the feel. As for shipping Novosel's order arrived yesterday and my Park Seed order is do to arrive today so Novosel is faster. Novosel charged twice as much for shipping. Having said that I don't feel the Novosel over charged for shipping as the price was still very reasonable. They just chose a faster shipping method. As for Park Seed I don't think they were slow either. Its just that they have a default cheaper and slower shipping method which I think I could have upgraded if I had wanted too. Will I buy from Novosel again? You bet I will; I like their products and their prices can't be beet. A+++
Positive GardeningGirl
Chicago, IL
April 5, 2010
I've ordered from Novosel for many years - have tried other places but always come back to them for their pots and other supplies. Prices are very reasonable, and the products are of excellent quality. One time I ordered from somewhere else - I think I had forgotten that I ordered previously from Novosel - and was very disappointed at the flimsy gardening pots I received. The ones from Novosel are sturdy and perfect, and come perfectly packaged. AND, they send an instant confirmation of your order, and then an update when the order is shipped out. So you know what's going on every step of the process.

I really love this place - it's the only place I'd recommend for getting any kind of pots for growing seedlings and such.
Positive flowerchik1
Guyton, GA (Zone 8b)
March 18, 2010
I am extremely happy with my first purchase! It was wonderful to be able to find propagation supplies in bulk at a good price not to mention that the transaction was very smooth and shipping very fast! I highly recommend this company and will definitely be a repeat customer.
Positive Peitrazo
Cornelius, NC
December 24, 2009
I've been trying to find a company to order my propogation supplies, ran across this company on this site, glad I did. First order went off with out a hitch.
Positive SoutheastIndy
Indianapolis, IN
December 6, 2009
Posted on November 14, 2009, updated December 06, 2009
I ordered nursery pots and plant tags from Novosel. Great communication and items were received in two days . Would buy from again.
On December 6th, 2009, SoutheastIndy added the following:

Made another online order with Novosel. We had a little problems with the order. Cutomer service was great and received the items in a very timely manner. Will buy from again.
Positive chocolate_roses
Pleasant Hill, CA
October 20, 2009
Received an e-mail confirmation after I placed my order and another e-mail notification that my order has been shipped.
Great selections, great prices and great service. I will definitely order from Novosel again.
Positive plantladylin
South Daytona, FL (Zone 9b)
October 8, 2009
A+ Company! This was my second time ordering from Novosel, the first being through a successful co-op here in Dave's Garden!

I placed my order on the website October 5th and it arrived today, October 8th. The ordering process was smooth and easy. I received an e-mail confirmation the day I placed the order, and another e-mail the next day regarding shipment and delivery.

I will continue to order supplies from this company ... great products, great service, fast shipping!
Positive luvblueridgemtn
(Zone 7b)
July 22, 2009
I have placed 3 orders with Novosel Enterprises. The have a great selection. They give great service and product is just what I needed. The communication is among the best. When they notify shipment is on the way it arrives right away.
Wonderful company!!!
Positive TampaGator
Tampa, FL (Zone 10a)
June 20, 2009
For growing peppers, I wanted square plastic pots with matching carrying trays, and Novosel had the goods! 2.5" pots for seed starting, and 4" deep pots for growing until garden transplant. Novosel filled my order promptly and accurately. The pots should last for many seasons.
Positive cactusman8
San Marcos, TX (Zone 8b)
January 8, 2009
I have been doing business with this company for several years (about 5, I think) and have nothing but praise for their products, pricing, and service. Something new and helpful has been added to their website and that is the ability to track your shipment. Although I've never had to contact this company to find out if and when my order was shipped (their service is always prompt), its always nice to know on what day your order can be expected. This is a great company that all others who sell on the internet should emulate.
Positive green76thumb
Radford, VA (Zone 7a)
November 24, 2008
Great Company! Great prices, low minimum # to purchase, good shipping rates (even free w/large enough purchase) and FAST delivery! Never had a problem.
Positive congminglaoshi
Tuckahoe, NY
September 27, 2008
I ordered some holeless flats and labels, they were quite fairly priced and I was able to get shipping free by ordering above a minumum amount. Plus they had 15% off on some things. The stuff arrived in perfect condition within a week. Highly recommended.
Positive Toni05
Brookfield, IL
August 13, 2008
I've been looking for various size African Violet pots for months. Thankfully, someone gave me Novosel's address. They had everything I was looking for.
I phoned in the order Monday, and got the shipment today, Wednesday. I don't know if this is customary or a fluke, but I'm sure not complaining. 2 days!
Pots and saucers were packaged with care. Considering the order was rather large, all pots and saucers arrived safe. None broken. Toni
Positive David_Paul
Clinton, CT (Zone 6b)
February 1, 2008
As others have mentioned the prices are terrific, service is great and Novosel carries some hard to find items. Last year I was looking for deep (3.5 inch) 36 and 18 cell propagation trays. They work well for tomatoes, especially when starting under lights and space is at a premium. The only decent price I could find was for case lots. However, I don't need a 20 year supply of trays. I needed five of each and Novosel had them at prices lower than others charge for regular trays.

When I ordered last week, Novosol was out of standard no hole flats. Within hours of my order, Novosol emailed and said there would be a two day delay. When I replied with a question, Novosel emailed back within 15 minutes. If there was a higher rating than postive, I would give it to this company.
Positive DaylilyDiva219
Falls Church, VA (Zone 7a)
January 23, 2008
I have ordered twice from Novosel in the last 2 years, and each time I was bowled over by the depth of their inventory, fantastic prices, and fast shipping times. They are a great source of items that cannot be found at local garden centers. (And if they are locally available, they're usually much more expensive.) It was so nice to find a vendor from whom you don't need to order in huge quantities to get a decent price!

I will definitely continue to shop with them in the future, and highly recommend them to any gardener who needs potting supplies.
Positive gessiegail
Taft, TX (Zone 9a)
March 29, 2007
I couldn't get my order to go through online when it was time to check out....didn't give it another thought. An hour later the owner was calling (I didn't leave a message) hoping he could resolve the issue. We visited for 30 minutes. He is the nicest person and has great 2.95 AV self watering pots and lots of pot sizes like small bulb pans which are hard to find...I will go back over and over to this company.
Positive Camillia
Staten Island, NY
March 13, 2007
FAST shipping, placed my order from your website on Dave's Garden on Sunday evening March 11, invoice dated March 12, today is March 13 and to my happy surprise, the package arrived this morning.
I am delighted with these trays and cells. They were very well packed in a good, sturdy box. Your prices are better than the big box store where I used to shop.
I'll be ordering from your company again.
Thank you.
On April 13th, 2007, Camillia added the following:

Good Morning,
The package arrived yesterday, my second order and again, very fast shipping, well packaged in a strong box. Thank you so much. I will be ordering again as my sons set up more shelves and grow lights in my basement.
I highly recommend your company and am happy to have found you.
Positive ionltd
Windsor, IL
March 12, 2007
I ordered 10 72 cell greenhouse kits. What a deal! Got a 15% discount on an already low price of $4.79 ea. That's $4.07 ea for sturdy 3 piece kits with cell tray, dome and flat. Cheaper than Walmart!

They shipped the day after I placed the order and I got them 4 days later.

Wish I'd ordered transplant pots...
Positive asl5
Ardmore, PA (Zone 6b)
February 24, 2007
Great selection, great prices and very prompt delivery. I will definitely order from this company again!
Positive hotmama
Willow Springs, IL
February 21, 2007
I came across Novosel enterprises website during a "google" session and considered using them. But it wasn't until I read the positive comments on Watchdog that I decided to actually place an order.

Ordered off the website 2-18-07 and got an immediate email confirmation. I didn't receive the followup tracking info.

It really didn't matter because UPS just delivered(2-21-07) a pkg. I was expecting,(from Cape Cod Violetry) AND
the one from Novosel.

I had ordered square pots, and various carrying trays. Everything was in good condition and well packaged. They even added 1 extra pot to each size I had ordered which is much appreciated.. They have pots in larger sizes than I have been able to get from Cape Cod & the trays.

When I need more I would not hesitate to place another order. I still can't believe I received it so promptly and the shipping charges were very reasonable.

On February 26th, 2007, hotmama added the following:

After I sorted out my order to put away I noticed I had 50- 4 inch square pots, instead of 25- 4 inch pots and 25-4 1/2 inch.

I emailed Novosel to report the error. They answered promptly , said I could keep the extra pots and that they would send the correct ones. They did . Wow. Can I raise they raiting to Positive squared.
On October 10th, 2007, hotmama added the following:

Just received my third order from Novosel. Ordered online Sunday. Got confirmation & tracking notice on Monday. My 50 - 3 1/2" square pots + customary bonus pot, arrived by UPS this afternoon, Wednesday.

PEOPLE this is how things are supposed to be. EXCELLENT service, communication, price, product.

No tooth gnashing, no endless calls & emails falling on deaf ears, no involvement with Better Business bureau, and tales of woe left on Garden Watchdog.

Patronize the good guys and spread the word around. Let the bad guys sink out of sight.

Hurray for Novosel enterprises!!

Positive mojogardener
Salina, KS (Zone 5b)
February 14, 2007
I searched all over, and this is the one!!! I found EVERYTHING I needed at a one stop shopping trip for me to get the things I needed to begin starting my own seeds. The prices were spot on, and the quality of the flats, domes, pots, and carrying trays were exceptional. When my order arrived, it looked like the shipping company had treated my order like a rugby football and the domes were broken on the corners to the extent that they were not useable, I explained this to them in an email(in which I received a response that afternoon) and was told replacements were on the way. Again, very prompt and courtious!! It's good to see that there are still companies out there that are customer orientated, especially when it's neither the buyer or the sellers fault. I look forward to ordering from them again next year!
Positive ilithiya
Salem, OR (Zone 8a)
January 17, 2007
I placed a rather sizable order to outfit a large light cart, and not only was the order filled perfectly, there were even a few extras of the smallest items. It got here quickly and was packed well, too! I will definitely be ordering from them again - great prices and great service too!
Positive dmj1218
west Houston, TX (Zone 9a)
December 20, 2006
Good prices and quality on 6" plastic plant tags. They have a great discount for price breaks on quantity. Very fast shipping too. I will be increasing the size of my next order with this company. This was a "trial" order with them but they exceeded my expectations.
On January 25th, 2008, dmj1218 added the following:

I have made subsequent orders from Novosel--outstanding quality and service on every order. Very fast shipping and great prices on bulb pans you just can't find elsewhere. I use no other companies for tags and pots.
Positive adina72
Pennellville, NY (Zone 5a)
December 19, 2006
I was so pleased to find a company that offered nursery pots in smaller quantities for a reasonable price. Shipping was very fast and the products were exactly as described, with reasonable shipping rates and excellent packaging. I will definately order again and recommend to others.
Positive Hyblaean
Niles, IL (Zone 5b)
March 22, 2006
Very good customer service and quick shipping. The pots and other planting materials were exactly what I was looking for at a great price! Will order from again next year.
Positive Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH (Zone 6b)
February 7, 2006
Excellent prices, quick shipping, and good service. What more could you want?
On February 11th, 2008, Melissa_Ohio added the following:

I've ordered from this company many times, always fast service and great products!
Positive mlm01
St. Louis, MO (Zone 5b)
May 10, 2005
This will be my third time ordering from this company. I order mainly pots and seed trays.

This time I made a mistake in my order but didn't know it. I accidentally ordered round azalea pots and a square azalea pot holder (duh!)

The reason I found out about the mistake is because they called me to make sure that was actually what I wanted before they sent it. I let them know it was in fact a mistake.

The order arrived on time with the right products, thanks to the guy at Novosel.

Now THAT is customer service!

I say order with confidence from this company. They have always been timely and have not let me down.
Positive Joan
Belfield, ND (Zone 4a)
March 22, 2005
I searched and searched for the 4 compartment cell packs. This company had them. After I had ordered they saw my post on the Dave's Garden Forum inquiring about the cell packs, and emailed me to let me know that what I ordered were indeed the ones I was inquiring about on that forum. I was very grateful for that, because I wasn't sure that what I ordered was the right ones. That's customer service at it's best!

The order came in record time, and was carefully packaged. I am very pleased, and will order from them again when I need more supplies.

Thanks Novosel for the great service!
Positive SueLeese
Harrisburg, PA
March 19, 2005
I have ordered a few products from this company. I found their website easy to manuver through, and their response to my questions were answered quickly and professional. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.
Positive mystic
Ewing, KY (Zone 6a)
March 12, 2005
I have ordered from this company. I never had any problems, prompt delivery and great notifications. I ordered online, the site is very user friendly. I am sure I will be ordering from them again.
Neutral 8ftbed
Zion, IL (Zone 5a)
February 9, 2005
In case it shows up, I had already made a neutral comment on this company siting 2 order confirmation notices but no shipment and it's been 12 days.

Update -
Joseph Novosel sent a very detail reply to my inquiry siting numerous problems: Paypal had a glitch and didn't accurately reflect they had been paid; huge volume spike in nursery pot orders due to spring and he was then shorted by the delivery truck.
After explaining it all he offered apologies, a total refund if I'd like to cancel or an upgrade from UPS ground to 3 day shipping at their expense.
That REALLY sounded like the company described in the other comments. I did not cancel the order and will mostly like update the evaluation upon receipt and a new order is processed.
Positive Weezingreens
Seward, AK (Zone 3b)
February 8, 2005
Novosel had precisely the containers I was looking for when I could find them nowhere else. They special ordered for me and had them mailed up to Alaska in record time. They were very helpful and gave me that personal touch that means so much when you start looking for something that's hard to find. I'll be making more purchases in the future. Thanks, Novosel!
Positive EskieLeia
Leesville, SC (Zone 8a)
February 4, 2005
This is my second time ordering from this company. They have a great selection of potting supplies at what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Their website is easy to use, they send confirming e-mails, shipping e-mail notifications, and get the product to you in a timely fashion with no backorders. I highly recommend Novosel.
Positive Innoma
Kingsburg, CA (Zone 9a)
January 24, 2005
I searched and searched for some 4" and 6" vacuum-formed "carrying" containers like nurseries use, but almost every place I came up with sold in bulk lots of 100 pcs and up (which is way beyond what I need). Novosel had these items available in quantities starting at 1 at what I felt were reasonable prices, so I placed an order on 1/21/2005. Although the order has not arrived yet, they did respond with an expected ship date, which I consider a plus, hence the rating.

For those seeking a wide variety of pots, baskets, and other nursery containers that might be difficult to find elsewhere, you might want to check them out.
Positive paulgrow
Allen Park, MI (Zone 6a)
October 29, 2004
I have ordered from this company several times.
Excellent products and prices

Positive abrowe
April 29, 2004
This company sells all kinds of plastic pots, trays, hanging baskets, seedling flats, and jiffy pots and pellets. They have a very good variety and excellent pricing. You can buy just a few items or you can buy in bulk. I purchased a case of 50 10" white hanging baskets that included saucers and plastic hangers for about $30.00 plus shipping. I received two different email confirmations for the purchase and then a UPS notification as to the exact date of delivery. The pots are great - high quality and very attractive. Try out this company - their products are great.