The scoop on 'Eleanor's of California'

Eleanor's of California

345 Alta. Loma Lane
Santa Cruz, California 95062 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-711-8585

Comments:

Neutral mtnmedx
Whitefish, MT
March 21, 2009
I had been using tap water (well water) for my house plants when I found VF-11. I thought that I had found the fountain of youth for my plants. I started the VF-11 around Christmas. Though I followed the directions for dilution on the bottle, my plants look terrible. My African violets have developed big yellow spots on the leaves and I think I've killed my Norfolk Island pine tree. It is loosing limbs weekly. This week, however, I have noticed that there are small new green leaves coming from the base of my violets (which is great!) but I'm not sure what to do about my little tree. Should I keep using the VF-11 or go back to the well water? I sure don't want to loose my tree but I'm not convinced that the VF-11 is the best for trees. I'm misting and watering on the same schedule before the VF-11- about 1-2 times a week depending on the dryness of the soil. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Positive Kari2
Hermosa Beach, CA
October 7, 2007
I have used vf-11 for at least 49 years since I started as a kid. My grandmother used vf-11 to grow her African Violets so I did too. I nearly ran my parents out of house and home with them. I still use it when I can find it. IT is the best and easiest fertilizer for plants that I have ever found.
I hope hope they do not stop making it.
Positive Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX (Zone 8a)
March 23, 2007
I have been using VF-11 for some time now and I think it is wonderful. It makes my African Violets grow really fast and they bloom almost all the time. I think this is a great product.