The scoop on 'Onalee's Seeds, LLC'

Onalee's Seeds, LLC

Onalee's Seeds, LLC has 217 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Onalee's Seeds, LLC is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

Madeira Beach, Florida 33738 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on June 2, 2008:
I strive for 100% satisfaction with everything that I sell. NO SALE IS EVER FINAL UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE! Most of the seeds I sell are personally grown, harvested, germination tested and packed by me. I don't sell thousands of different seeds/plants, only those that I can personally tend to and find easy to grow. I provide planting instructions with all seeds and plants and any tricks or tips that I have learned, I pass on to you. I also try to include with every seed order a color picture of a seedling for identification. There is nothing I hate worse than not knowing if what has sprouted is a weed or my plant! I try to take that guesswork out of it for you. And, don't forget, SHIPPING within the USA IS FREE with just a $5 minimum order! No hidden charges, EVER! Email me at onalee@aol.com with any questions!!

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive olsenscats
Holbrook, NY
April 16, 2014
I was searching for four-o-clock tubers and e-mailed onalee's to inquire. They actually e-mailed me back and told me that they would notify me when the weather was warmer and let me know when to order. When the weather warmed up they notified me-the ordering process was smooth they kept in contact during process and I received the LARGEST tubers I ever saw. This company is amazing and I will pass the word to all of my gardening friends. Thank you!!!
Positive BlackBearManor
Silver Springs, FL
April 13, 2014
What a delightful surprise doing business with Onalee's.
Beginning with the user friendly website,searching the site and placing an order was as uncomplicated as it gets.
The secure purchasing makes doing business stress-free.
You can tell that customer satisfaction is a priority - first by the wording on the website and reinforced with delivery of your purchase. My order arrived in jet plane speed time , seeds were packaged in an easy to read envelope on which very personal ,easy to understand information was provided complete with seedling photos. Regardless of the fact that they were just packets of seed, packets were bubble wrapped as an extra measure of safety.
With all the thoughtful attention to these details Onalee's manages to offer gardening opportunities at a very affordable price.And they add a bonus freebie to boot!
I definitely plan on ordering some bulbs and cuttings in the very near future as well as recommending others to give them a try.
Onalee's should be the standard that other companies strive to achieve.
Positive barbaraflanagan
Lake Monticello, VA
April 13, 2014
As a newcomer to Onalee, I am so excited by her expertise and offerings. My personal experience with Onalee herself has been exceptional (I don't know how she does it all!) and I feel like a valued customer from the start. I am not at all surprised that her company is top-rated. I couldn't be happier with the pictures, information, and personal tone in what to know about the seeds that interest me. I trust that this will be just a beginning of our relationship.
Positive ViningVirgo
Jacksonville, FL
April 4, 2014
Posted on June 6, 2013, updated April 4, 2014
Ordered the two Sazanami Morning Glories "Ripples". Received the package faster than I expected and it was beautiful. The package was the original large full color Japanese packaging that I'd never seen before. That impressed me.

The price was just right for the amount of seeds, so in quantity and quality it actually worked out to be a great deal when you consider no one else has these particular varieties.

Thank you Onalee!

I'll be coming back to Onaleeseeds.com!
On April 4th, 2014, ViningVirgo added the following:

Update 4/4/14: It has been a while, maybe a year now, that I've been buying from Onalee and all I can say is I am always extremely satisfied. Never had a problem, always fast delivery and exactly what I wanted. Onalee has morning glory seeds I could not find anywhere else! Can't wait for the next purchase!!
Positive mimiengelstad
Woodstock, VA
March 29, 2014
mimiengelstad
Virginia
4-19-14

I was looking for white hyacinth beans. Onalee was the only company I could find, that sold them.

I placed my order and 3 days later my order arrived.

Fantastic
Positive ndoyle
Lenoir City, TN (Zone 7a)
March 24, 2014
I received my seed order in just a couple of days, and I also appreciated the plant info on the seed packet. Now if we could get some spring warm temperatures delivered just as quickly!
Positive lamarcoux
Middleburg, FL
March 12, 2014
Wonderful service! Very quick shipping, tracking info provided. Good size plants and they look nice and healthy. Would recommend highly.

Positive poppolyculture
Princeton
United States
March 3, 2014
It's not easy to find Candletree Seeds. Found them here and for a reasonable price. While there I found lots of other neat seeds. The order came surprisingly quick. Will definitely order from Onalee again.
Positive cymbaline
Summersville, WV (Zone 6a)
February 25, 2014
Order was shipped quickly and she threw in a freebie. Seeds are packaged in envelopes with lots of growing information & tips printed on them, along with a seedling ID photo. Haven't planted any yet, but I'll try to remember to come back and edit this review when I do.
Positive Alesia61
Huntsville, AL
February 24, 2014
I came across Onalee's Seeds' website last week and I'm so glad I did! I was about to give up on the seeds I had been looking for and I was so excited to find out that she had them!!! I received my order in less than a week. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ONALEE'S SEEDS!!! I will definitely be a repeat customer! Thank you so much Onalee!
Positive JeremysGarden
Fresno, CA
February 6, 2014
Ordered and received seed quickly and in great condition.
All packets exceeded minimum seeds per packet.
Placed order during a free seed packet giveaway and received it with my order.
Free shipping in the US. Emailed a question and got a quick reply.
I would have ordered a lot more if she had more edibles for temperate climate US.
Thank you Onalee!
Posted on March 30, 2009, updated February 1, 2014
Thanks a lot , the seeds are arrived in Hungary
Dany
On February 1st, 2014, dany12 added the following:

Seeds arrived ... thanks for the gift !
Positive zhalemur
Jacksonville, FL
January 31, 2014
Have recieved my third order. Just like the previous orders (another JMG and some other seeds), shipping was free and the seed count was at or above the advertised amount. Keep up the great work!
Positive streamofdreams
Kansas City, MO
January 26, 2014
I purchased seeds in 2013 from Onalee's and had great success. I just ordered seeds for 2014 and received my seeds within a few days. Can't wait to start planting. Great job, Onalees!
Positive brendak654
Anna, IL (Zone 6b)
January 17, 2014
WOW - I received my order in the mail today from Onalee's Seeds, LLC. I placed the order less than 6 days ago and it came half way across the U.S. I received everything I ordered and more. Bubble wrap was included in the envelope to prevent damage of seeds. There was no shipping and handling on my order, which was over $25. Great - Onalee!!! I ordered from other seed order companies at the same time, and am yet to receive my orders from them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Seed looks really good. Thanks - too for the bonus.
Positive nickolas233
Cinco Bayou, FL
December 22, 2013
Very Fast, free shipping over $6, fair prices and and a free pack of seeds when you buy 3 or more. What is not to like? I will be back.

Nick in Fort Walton Beach
Positive aarnie
Kissimmee, FL
December 15, 2013
Posted on July 5, 2013, updated December 15, 2013
Fast and friendly, great information in the seed packets, highly recommended
On December 15th, 2013, aarnie added the following:

Continues to be a great resource for high quality, interesting seeds and plants with super fast shipping and great support.
Positive rhughes1937
Pontotoc, MS
December 2, 2013
Purchased seeds and plants,online,for the past 12 years. Just received my first shipment from Onalee's. Where has she been,all my life? Price,shipping,information,all the best ordering experience for me.I have found my source.
Positive rqhansen
Mitchell, SD (Zone 4b)
November 26, 2013
Wonderful experience. This was my first time ordering. Very timely and excellent packaging. The MOST informative seed packed information I have ever seen. A class act and I highly recommend.
Positive Seerenity
Central Florida, FL
November 21, 2013
I placed an order for four packets of seed. The order arrived very fast. The planting instructions were very precise and easy to read.
I also received a freebie - it is always good to get free things.
I plan on visiting Onalee's site often.
Positive redhead3kids
Port Alberni
Canada
November 14, 2013
It was a pleasure dealing with Onalees. Service was fast and communication was great. This is my first time dealing with them and I will certainly be dealing with them again. Also love the free seeds.
Positive reandbe
Prescott, AZ
October 6, 2013
My first purchase from you. Very fast shipping, great product. !00% satisfied. Will order from you again.

REANDBE
Positive sibhskylvr
(Mike) Batesville, AR
September 29, 2013
I've purchased from Onalee several times now! Each time has been perfect! Friendly service, fast shipping , and an all around pleasure doing business with her! I will do business with her again! Thank you Onalee for another great & painless transaction!
Positive londapunkin
Edmond, OK
September 28, 2013
Could not have been more pleasant - nor faster - nor with Free Shipping! Will be back - probably again, and again! Now all I have to do is wait for Spring so I can plant my seeds! Aargh.....
Positive Ludwigsfriend
Tobaccoville, NC
September 27, 2013
First time purchasing seeds from Onalee's and my experience was very positive. Shipped fast, perfectly packaged with instructions and even some FREE seeds! Her website is great and communication is quick and clear. I would highly recommend this seller.
Positive VFannaly
Ponchatoula, LA
August 11, 2013
Posted on July 13, 2013, updated August 11, 2013
Always enjoy Onalee's seeds as do my friends with whom I share them. I usually get my seeds a day earlier than expected and like the growing instructions and free seeds that come with them. Really like the selection!
On August 11th, 2013, VFannaly added the following:

Saw the orchid vines on Facebook, had to have them! Onalee sent them in record time with great instructions! Thanks once again.
Positive fmm805
Tampa, FL
July 30, 2013
LIGHTNING-FAST SHIPPING, EXACTKY AS REQUESTED.
Positive CBRN
Silkeborg
Denmark
July 29, 2013
It is the first time I order seeds from Onalee, but certainly not the last time. The shipping to Denmark went perfect and the seeds look fine.
Positive garyber
Laurens, SC
July 9, 2013
fast service even gave me a bonus seed pack im trying to start a garden center here in sc trying to feature plants nobody else has s he will be first on my list to buy from ty onalee shirleys garden treasures
Positive bstrenth
Sebring, FL
July 3, 2013
This was the first time I have dealt with Onalee, but it wiil not be the last. The price was fantastic, the service was quick, and the helpful instructions are much appreciated.
Positive dalerekus2
San Diego, CA
June 16, 2013
Happy with quick receipt of seeds, they look good and have good instructions. Thank you, Onalee. To quote the Terminator - "I'll be b-a-a-ak!"
Positive MaureenOBrien
North Babylon, NY
June 7, 2013
Posted on June 9, 2009, updated June 7, 2013
I am extremely pleased with both my orders. The seeds were quickly shipped and they came with full instructions. At least 95% of the seeds I planted sprouted. I never grew Japanese Morning glories before! I can't wait to see them bloom!

On June 7th, 2013, MaureenOBrien added the following:

I just purchased live cuttings from Oralee. Although I only ordered two, Oralee sent me three. Big beautiful cuttings -- I can't wait for them to root! Thanks, Oralee!
Positive icebird28
Coppell, TX (Zone 8a)
May 18, 2013
Ok, I have ordered several variety packs of Datura and while most varieties within the pack germinated great, there was one that was giving me issues. I emailed Onalee and asked her if there was some trick like chipping or soaking. She offered to replace both packs from another batch of the single white Datura at no charge. I wasn't asking for this at all. She was very friendly to correspond with. One of the best online companies to work with.
Positive Johnboy369
Fort Collins, CO
May 17, 2013
My first order with Onalee's may have arrived in the mail faster than they could send the shipment notification LOL. I can't wait to plant my seeds and Thanks for the free packet!
Positive antonio47
Winthrop, WA
May 11, 2013
I just received my first order of seeds from Onalee yesterday in Washington State! They shipped (free) 4 days ago from her Florida location! Nice! I found Onalee's like so many others it would appear. I Googled & Binged my way around looking for Castor seeds and maybe something else large and tropical/showy for my zone 5b super short growing season. I was shunted to amazon and many many seed and nursery vendors from huge to tiny,all with a common denominator. *If they have what you want, and the right ( smaller for me ) quantities per pack, either the seed price or the shipping--------------- or Both just didn't " feel good ". Back to Bing and Onalee's. My oh My! This felt better! My 1st search showed me all 3 of my Castor choices with great info and actual "in the dirt" pics of same. Done and Done !! Now,how about something else Odd to my zip code perhaps? Under Odd I found Coral Bush seeds that I believe will be exactly what I need for some truly tragic growing spots closer to the house than the Castor plants will be.So now I have 4 packs of seeds in my order,and at checkout I find that the shipping is Free ------ and since I have more than 3 packs ordered--------1 of those is free also! I won't expand on the great packaging, pics, & planting info as everybody notes this right away,so to those points and getting several more seeds per package than guaranteed(all perfect in my case),I'll just say I absolutely agree with the masses here. I'm not someone that normally buys seeds online,but I do buy many other things online and what Onalee's has managed to do is make my experience FEEL GOOD. That's not an easy thing. Onalee now has one more devoted fan for her particular style of selling me what I want for less than I expected to pay! That is a winning business model that is serving her and her customers very well IMHO. 'nuf said!
Company representative comment on June 16, 2013:
On Jun 16, 2013 8:25 PM, Onalee's Home-Grown Seeds & Plants responded with:

Thank you so much!! Glad you enjoyed the experience; I hope you enjoy the plants!

Positive ewoods
Fayetteville, AR
May 3, 2013
Seeds arrived within the week they were ordered.
Positive vitrsna
Colima
Mexico (Zone 11)
May 3, 2013
Posted on August 2, 2012, updated May 3, 2013
Posted on May 30, 2012, updated August 2, 2012
Posted on January 28, 2012, updated May 30, 2012
Posted on September 8, 2011, updated January 28, 2012
The people at this company grow their own seeds and plants so they know their products very well. I am impressed with the customer service and do not know how it could be better. My recent order was shipped two days after the order and arrived (from FLA to MX) in good shape and good time. I was truly delighted with the thorough information on the seed packaging. The most wonderful feature of the seed packaging is a clear image of a seedling and they are the only seed company i've done business with who includes this feature. Always my first question is "what does the seedling look like"? I don't know how many times i have nurtured new growth only to find out it was not the plant i thought it was so i am just crazy about this feature. All together this was a very positive experience and i recommend this company highly.
On January 28th, 2012, vitrsna added the following:

When I'm looking for seeds, Onalee is the first site I visit. I've just received my 3rd order from this site. The information on the website and seed packets is exceptional and because Onalee grows and harvests her own plants/seeds, she is very knowledgeable. The seeds have always been sent within two days of order and received in good condition and good time. Also, Onalee's dedication to customer service goes way beyond the norm. It is clear she wants her customers to be happy with their purchases. Always a positive experience.
On May 30th, 2012, vitrsna added the following:

I received another order today from Onalee and this remains one of my favorite seed companies. The company appears to be growing but the quality of the seeds and personal services is still excellent. I appreciate the reliability. There are many more seeds on offer by this company so if you haven't checked in for awhile you might want to take a look at what has been added to the inventory. Also, there is a new "search" service available for a small fee. If you are having difficulties finding the seeds you want, Onalee will do a search for you using her contacts. This could be especially helpful when looking for rare or exotic seeds.
On August 2nd, 2012, vitrsna added the following:

I order seeds regularly from all parts of the world and one important thing that i've learned is what a big difference ordering seeds from the grower (as opposed to a company who receives their seeds from outside sources) makes. Onalee grows the seeds she sells and shares her growing experiences with her clients. She knows all the quirky habits of the various seeds she sells and i've found this saves me from making any number of mistakes and also increases my chances of having germination successes. I always have confidence in the freshness of her seeds and that's why i continue to order from Onalee. I am one happy customer!
On May 3rd, 2013, vitrsna added the following:

Onalee continues to be one of my favorite vendors and has maintained a high level of customer service (unsurpassed, really) products, and reliability. I can't think of any way she could do what she does any better. I wish more vendors would add seedling photos to their seed packets. This is something that gives Onalee an edge over the others. I've found most of the seedling photos posted on the internet unreliable and just spent a month at least raising and tending a seedling only to find out it is not what I thought it was. This never happens with the seeds i purchase from Onalee.
Company representative comment on February 25, 2012:
On Feb 25, 2012 1:58 PM, Onalee's Home-Grown Seeds & Plants responded with:

Hey there, vitrsna! I want to make sure you know that I had to go up on the fees for international shipping. The Post Office increased it by nearly 100%. I know you've commented on how low the shipping to MEX was, so I just wanted to let you know it's now a $3.00 flat fee to intl destinations on top of the $6 minimum order. Thanks so much for your continued support! -Onalee

Positive CaroleCenters
Campton, KY
April 26, 2013
We had this particular vine but didn't know the name. (Cypress Vine) I found it by googling and then found that Onalee had the seeds. I was so happy to find that it came in other colors also. I waited until planting season and I ordered for the first time, rec'd the seeds sooner than I expected. They were exactly what I ordered and I even rec'd a bonus. I will be ordering from Onalee again.
Positive virginiarose
Southeast, VA (Zone 8a)
April 25, 2013
Posted on December 31, 2010, updated April 25, 2013
I Heard about Onalee's from Daves plant files , I was looking for yellow hibiscus and I found two real pretty ones and I ordered seeds, very reasonable price and free shipping! I was very pleased with the service. The seeds arrived fast ! Packing was really good too. I will shop again !
On April 25th, 2013, virginiarose added the following:

Very nice tubers at a great price! Fast shipping too. Thank you Onalee!

Gloriosa Lily, Climbing Lily, Flame Lily (Gloriosa superba) Tubers -- -4 Tubers
Positive Lemmee
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
April 15, 2013
I inquired about blood lily bulbs and received a helpful and prompt reply. My order came surprisingly quickly and the bulbs looked healthy and happy. I am excitedly awaiting for their green shoots to appear!