The scoop on 'Flame Engineering'

Flame Engineering

P.O. Box 577 W. Hwy 4
LaCrosse, Kansas 67548 (United States)

Phone: 888.388.6724
Fax: 785.222.3619

Comments:

Positive renwings
Sultan, WA (Zone 8a)
October 28, 2005
We bought their garden torch this August. It has been the most fun I have ever had using a garden tool. Highly effective. I don't have to buy chemicals. Great for large areas like ditches, fences, foundations, driveways. I even use it to edge the lawn. Sterilze soil. Kills weeds seeds.

The propane tank is very heavy, so get the dolly or backpack.

Flame Engineering also sells their torches at local farm supply stores. Watch for sales!
Positive dave
July 14, 2004
I wish I could give two or three positives to this company.

Last week I purchased their weed dragon product, which is a 100,000 BTU flame thrower (!!). It's intended to be used to kill weeds using heat instead of chemicals. I've gone around the property torching everything in sight, including fence lines, weedy cracks in the driveway, weeds in the garden, bare earth (new garden beds) and even cut down liveoaks which are coming back from suckers.

The fervent heat this things puts out is incredible and it works wonders. The plants die with almost 100% success and it's fairly safe. Somehow, as hot as it is, it doesn't cause enormous flames. It puts out a blue jet of fire that wilts and destroys anything that gets close! I noticed that if you hit the plant low, where it comes out of the ground, it'll appear to be unaffected by within 24 hours it's a dried dead thing.

A++++ This is an awesome product!