The scoop on 'Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd.'

Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd.

Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd. has 478 products listed in PlantScout.

141 North Street
Danielson, Connecticut 06239-1939 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-330-8038
Fax: 1-888-774-9932

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $4.95 (refundable w/order)

Visit Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd. at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive grik
Saint Paul, MN
May 26, 2015
Posted on August 21, 2009, updated May 26, 2015
Another good experience with Logees. I finally set up my light stand again in the basement after having dismantled for a couple of years and I was looking for some plants when their sale email reached me.

I purchased 6 plants for about $70.00. They were packed very well and I only lost one leaf unpacking. The soil and rootballs were intact.

The plants varied in top growth and root ball size. Most were really almost ready to repot up one size and I did that promptly. A couple appeared to be fairly newly started but healthy. I was especially pleased with the size of my Mitrostigma axillare because I know from experience how slowly they grow. I ordered the small size and it was at least 6 inches of top growth and well branched. :)

I will buy from them again. This is probably my 4th or 5th order over the years.

On May 26th, 2015, grik added the following:

I just received my order. They had a free shipping offer if you purchased over $100 worth of plants and I couldn't resist. The plants really look great and were pretty good size. Really I get excited when I open these mail order boxes from nurseries. I will continue to order from this nursery.
Positive cathy166
Stamford, CT (Zone 6b)
April 17, 2015
Posted on September 27, 2013, updated April 17, 2015
I always feel I have to add my own two cents\' worth when I see a vendor I used got a negative review.

My order from last week arrived today It was fresh, beautifully packed and the plants (mostly rex begonias) are just beautiful. I could not have been more pleased. Two days ago they sent a tracking number when the package was shipped.
On April 17th, 2015, cathy166 added the following:

Still getting great service with beautiful plants, appropriately prepared. Thumbs up!
Positive bfreiberg
Bay Area, CA (Zone 10a)
April 15, 2015
Great! They let me know exactly what was going on with the shipping status. The plant was well packaged and came with directions. I expected it to be small because it was in a 2.5 inch pot. It was actually very tall and had 9 mature leaves on it. I repotted it and it looks healthy with lots of leaves. I hope it will bloom this summer.
Positive pal98111
Atlanta, GA
April 8, 2015
I have ordered from Logee's many times going back 40 years before there was a website and they just had a skinny catalog with mostly begonias. We have both grown up together. Recently I received my spring order and again was very satisfied. The fun for me is growing the plants up to maturity. I know that i will be getting a small plant in a 2" pot as is shown on their website so I don't expect to receive plants ready to display. They ship promptly. It is my favorite mailorder nursery for their huge variety and reliability.
Neutral webchemist
Vista, CA
April 3, 2015
Posted on November 22, 2014, updated April 3, 2015
Posted on May 1, 2014, updated November 22, 2014
I\\\'d had my eye on their yellow coffee cherry plant as I\\\'ve yet to find this item anywhere else. After getting my tax refund I finally had a some cash to spare on my rare fruit collection, so I placed my order along with a few other items to make it worth paying the high shipping fee that comes with buying live plants online.

2 weeks goes by, and I open my package to find the 3 other items I ordered but no yellow coffee, just a line on the invoice saying \\\"item discontinued.\\\" They shorted me the 1 item I actually really cared about, the whole reason I ordered in the first place. It would be one thing if it were back-ordered and they were going to send separately at a later date, but to advertise an item they had no intention of selling again makes me feel cheated. They had 2 whole weeks to notify me and let me cancel or change the order but they said nothing, and I even contacted them in that time period to ask about adding an additional item to the shipment before it went out to combine shipping, so they should have seen that when customer service looked at my order before replying to my question.

I emailed customer service about the discontinuation and all I got was a weak apology for not notifying me and an excuse that other customers must have bought the remaining plants right before I did. So this tells me either they are discontinuing a hot selling item, which would be stupid, or their inventory system is horribly inaccurate and out of date, and can\\\'t be trusted. I\\\'m guessing its the 2nd. And the fact they really did nothing to try to make this right tells me these types of screw ups probably happen pretty frequently.

Its a shame because Logee\\\'s has some exotic offerings I\\\'d love to grow, but what\\\'s the point of offering all these unique fruits if you aren\\\'t committed to carrying them? When I place an order I expect to receive all the items I bought, and if your company screws up you should at least make some kind of effort to set things right.
On November 22nd, 2014, webchemist changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I rechecked Logee\'s site and saw they again listed the Yellow Coffee as in stock. I almost didn\'t order, but I\'m glad I did. I did actually receive my yellow coffee this time, along with several other plants, as they had a 20% off promotion going so I decided to get a few other things and make the shipping cost worth my while. This order was sent out pretty quickly. They did screw up and mis-shipped me a Giant Potato Tree instead of a Naranjilla, but the part numbers were the same except 1 digit and they do look similar so I guess I can see that being easy to mistake. They let me keep the Potato Tree and I got my Naranjilla a week later so that wasn\'t really a big deal. I\'ll probably order again next time I see a 20% off deal.
On April 3rd, 2015, webchemist added the following:

I just received my 3rd order, and thankfully there were no mishaps this time. My Orangeberry was nice and healthy, but my poor Hibiscus was looking pretty sad, most of the leaves had damage.
Positive Kjani
Gig Harbor, WA
April 1, 2015
I had a great experience with LOGEE'S - in fact the plants were in excellent shape = perfect, all wrapped in a silk black material that feels like silk with white shredded material for stuffing. Everything was extremely well packed and therefore the plants were in stellar shape. I ordered 18 Scaevola aemula "Fan Flower" and 3 Schizostylis Coccinea 'Major'. This actually is the best packaging and condition of plants I have ever received from anyone or any place barring of course going to a local nursery and picking out my own. I will DEFINITELY be ordering from Logee's again. The quality was stellar. It did take them 9 days before they shipped, but then I got the order in 3 days and I just had standard shipping (Pacific Northwest) and Logee's is in Connecticut. So I am very impressed with Logee's. They also put in a coupon if I do another order in 15 days after receipt of this order I get another 10% off. So I gotta look at my plant wish list again.
Negative x2speed2x
Ronkonkoma, NY
March 24, 2015
AVOID LOGEE'S! At least their online sales. I'm not sure if they sell locally, but if you can avoid their online sales, you would be smart to do so! I've only ordered once from them and it took them 10 MONTHS to correct an ordering issue. After my plant died (which happened to just be a rooted cutting), they continued to prolong the issue of sending a replacement. They will try to make you pay for shipping over and over again. Additionally, if they send you the wrong item, they will try to make it seem as if was your fault, even if you have order confirmation. They wanted me to jump through hoops after their mistakes. In the end, amount I paid for a 2.5'' tree cutting, I could have easily purchased an actual 2 year old tree, on its own root stock, for an additional $10 from Home Depot, plus they protect all purchases for up to a year. Had I known this, I would have completely stayed away from Logee's. While I'm sure their methods are legitimate, they fail to inform customers about all the problems they might face in the future in addition to their lacking customer service. **HOWEVER, IF YOU DO SPEAK ORDER FROM THEM AND FACE PROBLEMS, MAKE SURE YOU IMMEDIATELY SPEAK TO A MANAGER! THEY WILL TRY TO BULLY YOU AND MAKE YOU GIVE INTO THEIR RIDICULOUS UNWRITTEN POLICIES AND DEMANDS!!! REMEMBER, YOU CAN ALWAYS DISPUTE A CREDIT CARD CHARGE UP TO 90 DAYS AFTER THE TRANSACTION DATE! WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE, (in some cases) LOGEE'S WILL RECEIVE A CHARGEBACK FEE OF $25!!!** AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!
Company representative comment on April 8, 2015:
On Apr 8, 2015 8:21 AM, Logee\'s Greenhouses, Ltd. responded with:

We apologize for disappointing you with our customer service. We care greatly about our customers and it is disturbing to hear of your experience. Please let us know how we can make it right for that is our goal. Our aim, as a Company, is to satisfy every person who takes the time to be one of our customers. We apologize that we fell short. It is feedback like yours that helps us to improve our Company and our customer service. I am one of Logee’s owners. Please be in contact with me so we can solve this problem for you. We want you to be happy with our plants and our service.
Sincerely yours, Laurelynn G. Martin, owner, Logee’s Greenhouses, LTD

Positive dodges7
Alna, ME (Zone 5b)
October 25, 2014
Have been ordering plants, both indoor and outdoor, from them for nearly 40 years. Plants are almost always larger than described and of high quality. Most have to be moved to larger pots soon after receiving. Those plants that have not survived are likely my fault as is the almost always the case with most people and plants.
I cannot praise Logee's enough for selection and quality.
Positive cheesesauce
Seminole, AL
August 8, 2014
Ordered a few fruit trees from them this month. Arrived well packed, small but healthy and showing signs of new growth. I enjoy watching their youtube tours of the greenhouse and I hope they will post more informational videos about their products in the future. Thanks!
Positive DoreenMN88
West Sayville, NY
July 28, 2014
I ordered a butterfly bush named Miss Molly. It was supposed to be red. Both the description and image in the catalog stated it was to be red. When it arrived it was purple. I sent an email to Logee's and within a day they apologized for the mistake and sent me another. It hasn't bloomed yet, so I'm not positive it is red. But I hope it is. I also have a purple one to find a home for.

Positive AprilsWin24
Bowleys Quarters, MD
March 27, 2014
So happy with my recent order! I ordered 3 "Stingray" Elephant Ears, a Persian Lime plant, and a Dwarf Jamaican Heliconia. All of the plants were in great shape when they arrived and were packaged amazingly- small pots with dirt and protective plastic for shipping, each plant was wrapped in tissue and placed securely into a proper sized box. All of the plants are adjusting well and I couldn't be happier. Will definitely order more from them- the stock is excellent and their variety of rare plants is a bonus.
Positive westwick
Southwick, MA
March 1, 2014
I was a little reluctant to order houseplants in one of the worst winters in many years. But they said they would ship when the weather permitted. The plants arrived in perfect condition; all were healthy (a few in bud stage). I have never had plants so carefully packed and so well protected for shipping. On my second order, the experience was the same; nothing broken or damaged and no spilled dirt all over the bottom of the boxes. Everything very healthy. They have a wide variety to choose from and even have special sales periodically. I will definitely make future purchases from Logees.
Negative reeve1
Plano, TX (Zone 8b)
December 1, 2013
Posted on July 17, 2011, updated December 1, 2013
Posted on April 16, 2010, updated July 17, 2011
Posted on April 13, 2010, updated April 16, 2010
Posted on April 2, 2010, updated April 13, 2010
I have been a loyal customer of Logee's for some time and in the earlier years have not had to request a replacement, so things have been fine. However, I recently received an order where some of the plants were dormant and it was difficult to recognize that there was a root problem with one particular plant. 6 weeks later, it was my opinion that the plant (Strongylodon macrobotrys - Jade Vine) should have shown signs of growth and it had not, so I contacted them to explain the issue and request a replacement, if necessary. I received the same response, since I was 2 weeks past the 30 day limit for reporting failures on the Feb. 12th order, they were not going to replace the Jade Vine on April 1st. I had just received an order I placed earlier in April on the same day that I was requesting the replacement on the previous order, or else I would have cancelled it, too. I spend between $200-$500 with them each year. I responded requesting to speak with someone of authority and am waiting to see if they will respond. I find it difficult to believe that a reputable nursery would allow only 30 days for dormant or otherwise questionable sized plants to grow or acclimate. But, I have noticed a decline in the customer support and quality of orders when they are shipped (plants don't stand up in the pot on their own, they look like they are stuffed into a different pot before being shipped, leaves and tops of plants are broken off when received due to poor packing or handling, etc.). I never said anything before because the plants were usually of good size and recovered from bangs and bruises. Logees was also the only one to carry some of the harder to find plants, but I will no longer give my hard earned money or recommend anyone to a company that sends sub-par plants and then refuses to stand behind what they sell, regardless of their policy. I do not know many companies that only offer 30 days guarantee. Even Michigan Bulb gives a lifetime guarantee and most reputable companies will replace plants the 1st year/ growing season. Still waiting to hear back from them, but from my place in this recent transaction with them, all I can say is... Beware!
On April 13th, 2010, reeve1 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

After a week of being so mad I could bite nails, Ashley eventually contacted me and agreed to replace everything that I had problems with. She was very cordial and kindly explained that they are a small company and cannot give the same guarantee that larger corporations are able to give on their plants. Instead, they put more effort into insuring that the plants that go out are all healthy, of good size, and are packed well before leaving in hopes that this would avoid too many replacements past the first 30 days that a customer has the plant. I asked that they also give consideration for plants that are dormant and that these plants receive an extra guarantee above the usual 30 days. Not just to look at the calendar and immediately say "NO" whenever someone contacts them to ask for a replacement 2 weeks past the 30-day window. Since they did eventually replace everything, we are on good terms again. I just wish I didn't have to go through the heartache and trouble I did to get what should have been offered to me in the beginning without question. Many people wouldn't have bothered to post comments here in order to get further noticed after initially being turned down by their customer support department, and probably just wouldn't darkened their door again. This is what I would have done had they not noticed my posting here. What I found is that these are really nice people who are just trying their best to run a successful business. So, I retract my negative comments and give them a neutral pending the arrival of my replacements and a more positive and consistent initial attitude with the customer.
On April 16th, 2010, reeve1 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Well, Logee's did the unexpected and went way above and beyond what they needed to in order to fix my problem and make things right again. These are very good and proud people and I'm sure now that my problem was an isolated incident. If it wasn't, I know that if it does happen again they will make every effort to take care of it, pronto!

Problems happen, new people make mistakes, sometimes the wrong things are said. I just needed to remember to give people a chance to make it right. Logee's did this in spades and I would recommend them to anyone looking for rare and unusual plants. They do carry the best quality and I've been around the block several times. Logee's has proven that they will take care of you. Good luck and Happy Gardening.
On July 17th, 2011, reeve1 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I have quit buying from Logees. As an accomplished gardener of over 40 years, my house and garden are full of plants as much as 25 years old. However, over 4 years of dealing with Logees, nothing I have purchased from them typically survives for more than a year. I've spent well over $1500.00 with them to date and I have maybe 5 plants still living. Many of the plants I've received have had very small root systems. I've complained to them about their deceptive pot sizes, whereby some plants are being grown in 1 inch starter plugs and then transferred to 2.5" or 3" containers and being sold as a larger potted plant without sufficient grow time in the new container. When you go to plant it, the dirt falls away and you have a plant in a 1 inch plug again with no roots reaching outside of the 1" plug area. In other cases, the plants just seem to be too immature to be out of the nursery environment and they never really recover from the shock of transport. I honestly think Byron is the nicest man and his main help, Ashley, could not be sweeter and more understanding. They've sent replacements in the past when I have complained. But, their plants haven't survived while those that I purchased from other nurseries have flourished. One example, I purchased (7) Hibiscus from Logees, and at the same time, I purchased (3) Hibiscus from Home Depot (The Home Depot were in slightly larger 4" pots and half the price). The main difference was the Home Depot plants had 4 times the root system. Needless to say, ALL of the Logees Hibiscus are dead now while the Home Depot Hibiscus have grown 3 times their size over the same year. I baby them, coddle them, but the Logees plants just don't respond. Finally, a Black Olive tree (12" tall) I purchased arrived in bad shape and it didn't last, but I was so disgusted that I finally quit calling them. They typically don't replace anything after 30 days without a lot of begging and unpleasantness. I could go on and on with the money that I feel I have wasted for what I received, and I suspect there are others out there having the same issues who are not speaking up and who are also no longer ordering from them.
On December 1st, 2013, reeve1 added the following:

I have had problems with Logee's and have posted them here. In doing so, Logee's will no longer conduct business with me. Maybe others who have posted problems when they occurred have also been cancelled, because mine don't appear to be the worst by far. I don't control their methods or actions. All I can do is be pleased with them or report on them when I am not, which is the purpose of this forum. I stopped doing business with them, and after waiting 3 years, I decided to give them another try to see if anything changed from before. I placed the order, everything was pleasant, I even called customer service and spoke with someone about an item on my order and at no time did they indicate that they were not accepting orders from me. I had successfully placed an order online and was excepting to receive it. Only when I called weeks later to inquire about a potential 2nd order did I find out they cancelled the 1st order and never told me. I think these actions speak for themself. I don't make this stuff up! Apparently, I'm the problem and Logee's has no fault in anything that I complained about before. Thus I have been banned from doing business with them. All I can say is Good luck in doing business with a company that conducts themselves in such a childish, emotional manner. If you can't accept criticism or comments from customers that are intended to improve you and make you better then you probably will not rise above the current problems people have been complaining about. Lately, there are as many Neutral or Negative posts as there are Positive. Sorry you feel that I am the problem.
Company representative comment on April 4, 2010:
On Apr 4, 2010 6:32 PM, Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd. responded with:

Dear reeve1,

We sincerely apologize for the disappointment. When we are in the office tomorrow, I will make sure that we look into the issue immediately and have someone contact you as soon as possible.

The 30 day guarantee is meant to ensure that you receive healthy, growing plants. In most cases a month is enough time to ensure that the plant indeed arrived in good condition. I certainly agree that this is diffcult to carry over to plants that are sent in a dormant state. We always want all of our customers to be happy with their plants and their experience with Logee's.

Logee’s Customer Service

Neutral sosreptile
Fairfax, VA (Zone 7a)
September 25, 2013
Posted on July 26, 2013, updated September 25, 2013
When I placed my order for three plants (Bougainvillea 'Double Red' 2.5", Hibiscus 'Japanese Lantern' 4" and Clematis 'Nelly Moser' 4") I was giddy with excitement. Here I saw a company that has been around for more than a century, has a well constructed website that is easy to browse, has an exciting selection of plants and had authored a book that I own and enjoy referring to. Not only that, but the plants I ordered had excellent reviews on Logee's website and they were part of the summer sale currently under way, so I decided to take the plunge and order. Unfortunately, my experience after the order was less than desirable. These are the points that made me decide to give a negative review:

1) The online order tracking system is a bit dysfunctional. After ordering I got a confirmation email of my order. The site said orders are typically shipped within 5-7 days. A week later, I got no shipping confirmation email and the status on the website had not changed, so I contacted customer support. They told me it had shipped the previous day, and since I had chosen not to receive emails from them I didn't get the notification. Firstly, I did not choose not to receive emails, and secondly, even if I did, then how did I get an email confirming my order was placed? So I asked them for a tracking number, but their tracking system was down on that Friday and I had to wait until Monday to get a tracking number, by which time I received the plants. Today, two weeks after I placed my order, the website still has not updated with the order status. They really need work on making this system better.

2) Typically, you would want to avoid physical stress to the foliage of plants when shipping them, but the plants were wrapped fairly tightly in packing paper, placed at the bottom of the shipping box, then secured there by boxy wads of the same packing paper placed on top of the plants in the corners of the box. I have ordered plants from other places and this packing method was rather disappointing (refer to my review on Neem Tree Farms' where I described their packaging).

3) The Clematis has no growing tips (was cut back) and the leaves look unhealthy and stressed. The Bougainvillea's growing tip was damaged by the packaging and has shriveled and blackened. The hibiscus, although healthier looking than the other two, came with it's own ecosystem - it had a live spider, complete with web and insects caught in it. Now, I've been gardening for years and bugs don't bother me much but if I'm ordering from an established place, I surely expect the plants to have been inspected before shipping. What if it was a poisonous spider?

4) In the reviews on the site, most people said the plants were bigger and healthier than they expected, and in some cases already blooming. In my case, I was surprised at how small the plants in the 4" pots were. I did not get the feeling that I got my money's worth, particularly on the hibiscus which cost twice as much as either of the others. I was definitely expecting something bigger than a 4" cutting for $13, and that was the sale price; full price is $17 and for that price I can get a gigantic hibiscus plant, albeit not this particular breed, at Lowe's or Home Depot.

On the positive side, their selection is great, the site is good (except for the order tracking part), shipping was fast (2 days via Fedex) and that the customer service rep on their online chat system was helpful and understanding when I called to enquire about my order. I will wait a little longer to give these plants a chance to redeem themselves before I decide to give Logee's customer service a call, but overall I was disappointed with this order.
On September 25th, 2013, sosreptile changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I still don't see myself ordering from Logees in the near future simply because they are just too expensive (both in terms of plant cost and shipping) for the quality of plants received.

However, I'm changing my rating from a negative to a neutral because Logees promptly refunded me the price I paid for one of the plants they sent me that didn't do well.
Negative Flapdoodle
Minot, ND
August 28, 2013
Last spring I ordered Disporum 'Night Heron', shown in the catalog as deep purple. The plant I received was green. When I called about it, I was told to wait a few weeks, which I did. It was still green. When I called again, I was asked to send a picture of it --which I also did, though this was difficult since I don't have a camera or a cell phone. But a friend came by and took a picture and sent it.

The nursery confirmed that the plant was indeed 'Night Heron, but told me that it would eventually turn deep purple. Several weeks later, it was still green and they reluctantly agreed to send me a second plant. That plant was also green. At this point I asked if propagation was done by seed or by stem or root cuttings. I was told it was by cuttings.

Now, many weeks later, the plants are planted in good, appropriate light (in two widely different areas of my garden) and have no more turned purple than has Kermit the frog. I believe that the company has misrepresented the plants they are selling; perhaps they are using seed--and are selling inferior plants.

Positive steamchili35
Colorado Springs, CO
August 9, 2013
Posted on July 13, 2013, updated August 9, 2013
Posted on July 13, 2013, updated July 13, 2013
Posted on July 12, 2013, updated July 13, 2013
I am greatly upset with the way my plant was handled with this company. They shipped my plant via USPS. granted my plant arrived healthy, but it was by pure luck and timing that it stayed healthy. If I hadn't received my plant when I did my poor jasminum sambac maid of Orleans would have been fried to a crisp. USPS was kind enough to deliver my package to an outdoor metal USPS packtage drop box. Pretty much a plant oven in the summertime. Hey logees. When I called costumer service and said USPS dosnt care about what's in the package I ment it. That's another thing. The girl I talked to didn't sound to enthusiastic about her job. She talked to me like it was a chore to pickup the phone and answer my questions. Very flat tone in her voice. No excitement. If I was performing customer service at logees. I would be doing back flips and tap dancing over the fact that I get to work in a historic nursery that's been around for at least a century. Plus I'm surrounded by rare and unusual plants that I know people pay hundreds of dollars to go to south America to see. And I'm getting payed for it. there's no excuse for being unenthusiastic. Logees in the future please keep in mind that allot of the plants your costumers are purchasing are special gifts to a really good friend. I don't know how I would tell my friend that her surpise got cooked in the mail box. Please stop using USPS. until then I'm going to buy from a supplier that only uses UPS or FedEx. And please let your staff know how privileged they are to work at logees.
On July 13th, 2013, steamchili35 added the following:

I will upgrade my status to a positive and reconsider staying with logees if I here back promptly on why my plant was placed in a hot lock box instead of delivered to my door. If I hadn't of retrieved my jasmine when I did from the mail box it would have been toast. My review below was a tad harsh. Heat of the moment type situation. That is why I'm moving to neutral. But I still find the way my plant was delivered unexceptable.
On July 13th, 2013, steamchili35 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

On August 9th, 2013, steamchili35 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I appreciate the comments above logees. Thankyou. As promised I have moved my rating to a positive. I will definitely order from you guys again after getting a dismal jasminum sambac from a separate provider. My friend loves the jasmine and it is thriving now. I plan on ordering a jasminum humile from you guys next. Thanks again logees
Company representative comment on July 23, 2013:
On Jul 23, 2013 4:26 PM, Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd. responded with:

Dear steamchili35,

I apologize that we have disappointed you. Let me first say that you can always request delivery via FedEx if that is your preference. We also allow people to specify delivery via USPS if they prefer that. We have some customers who prefer each method and have had customers who have complained about each carrier and where the carrier decided to leave the plants. Unfortunately, we cannot control the delivery companies, which was a significant part of the decision to increase our guarantee from 30 to 60 days a few years ago.

We currently use both FedEx and USPS Priority Mail. By using both carriers it allows us to delivery plants as safely and economically as possible to the whole country. There are some packages for which FedEx is quicker and/or less expensive and there are some packages for which USPS Priority Mail is a better alternative. By using both we can keep our S&H charges significantly lower than if we picked either as a single carrier and also get the plants delivered in as few days as possible. Unfortunately, shipping a live product is both complicated and expensive.

Regarding our Customer Service Representative, I again apologize. We strive very hard to have employees who are excited to be here, but we find that not everyone is. Many are excited about the chance to work someplace “surrounded by rare and unusual plants” and those are usually the ones who shine.

I am glad that your plant arrived safely, but I again apologize for the concern and disappointment that you went through. In the future, please feel free to request delivery via FedEx for you order (on the web you can add a note with the request to your order).

Sincerely, Logee’s Customer Service

Neutral ScienceChick
The Colony, TX (Zone 8a)
July 28, 2013
I really want to give Logee's a positive rating - they have such unusual plants and their catalog gets my tropical/exotic-loving heart going. I'm not giving them a negative because some of the plants I've bought from them survived. Not many.

The first order I placed with them was for six plants (Adenium obesum, three violets, sweet olive, sweet potato vine). With the exception of the Adenium, they were all really small and none of them lived more than 5 weeks.

I gave Logee's another try and ordered another Adenium, a banana shrub (Michelia figo) and another sweet olive. The Adenium was a good size but the other two were very, very small. Five months later, the Adenium is doing well and the banana shrub is barely hanging on. The sweet olive was dead in two weeks.

I'm not a master gardener but I'm reasonably adept at container gardening; I grow bird of paradise, hibiscus, plumeria, adeniums, etc. None of the plants I ordered were "hard to grow" and yet ... I give up and won't buy from them again.
Negative vorlonken
Andover, CT
July 10, 2013
I'm starting with Negative but reserve the right to upgrade to Neutral at a later date. I ordered three plants from Logee's this spring. Two Iochroma and a winter hardy Passiflora (Maypop). After a longer-than-anticipated wait I received the plants. All three of them were on the scrawny side and seemed etiolated, especially the red Iochroma. And the Passiflora was truly sad, very small. For the premium prices that Logee's charges they should ship premium plants!

The quality of the packing was average, at best; they should take a hint from Lazy S's.

I was so concerned about the Passiflora that I called customer service and the woman said that I had 90 days to get a replacement - and I asked her to make a note about my call. At the end of June I called to say that the Passiflora hadn't grown at all and I asked for a replacement. I received the replacement and although it has more leaves than the original it is clearly poorly grown, spindly and badly undersized, especially for a plant that costs $12.95.

I will call customer service again and carefully observe the new plant for signs of growth. Depending on their response and whether or not the original plants survive the winter I may upgrade my rating.

Both Iochromas have grown at a good rate and the purple one is already flowering. The red has a health issue with puckered leaves. I have sent samples to the Ag Experiment Station for diagnosis. Even though I've treated them exactly the same and they are in pots less than 1" apart it may still be a cultural issue that I caused. I hope to hear soon.
Neutral pupgirl
Townsend, DE
June 6, 2013
Posted on June 4, 2013, updated June 6, 2013
Last summer I ordered a purple Iochroma from Logee's. The catalog stated it was hardy to zone 7 (where I live). I planted it, it grew all summer, then died back to the ground last fall, which I expected. On May 3rd, I emailed customer service to say that it had not sprouted yet. They advised me to wait until the end of May, because this year's weather had made everything a little late. Well, my area just had 4 days of 87-plus degree weather, it is now June 4th, and nothing has grown yet. I emailed customer service again this morning asking for a replacement. I will change my rating if and when I hear from them.
On June 6th, 2013, pupgirl changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I heard back from Customer Service. They are double checking on the hardiness zone, and will get back to me.
Neutral jaimelemon
St. Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
May 22, 2013
Posted on July 25, 2012, updated May 22, 2013
Posted on June 21, 2012, updated July 25, 2012
My first order with Logee's was a success! I purchased a set of the Lithops and a Split Rock for my mom's birthday. Both were smaller than I envisioned, but what did I expect? The website plainly stated that they would arrive in 2.5" pots. They are both very cute, and I believe I may have gotten a bonus Lithops! (The website picture shows a pot of 3, I received 4.) They are all so cute!! A real conversation piece, my mom is going to love them. I also bought one of their Ponderosa lemons in a 4" pot. It looks to be a nice, healthy cutting. It is a single stem, about 14" above pot. All plants arrived in good condition, especially since it has been in the mid 90's here. Everything was very well packaged, all the dirt and plants stayed securely in their pots. Also, shipping was very fast, only 2 days from Connecticut to Missouri. I wish they would have included a catalog with my order, I was looking forward to sharing it with my mom when I give her her gift. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and will definitely keep them in mind for future purchases. Thanks Logee's!
On July 25th, 2012, jaimelemon added the following:

I just want to add that my Ponderosa lemon cutting has done nothing but grow since I received it back in June. AND, it has put on all this new growth in consistent 100+ degree temperatures. Thank you Logee's for sending me a plant that not only has some history behind it, but also flourishes in my very novice hands. I feel like a proud mother all over again. :)
On May 22nd, 2013, jaimelemon changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I purchased a Buddha's Hand citron and a book, Growing Tasty Tropicals. When I received my package, the plant was small but in good shape, but they sent the wrong book (even though the packing list had the correct book title on it). I emailed them about the mix-up and instead of getting an apology and an assurance they they would promptly correct the issue, the first words in the email were "Can you send the wrong book back?" When I explained that I wasn't spending any more money to get what I had already purchased, they came back with "We will credit you the shipping charges when it's returned." At this point I became angry because I shouldn't be inconvenienced to fix their mistake, I just want my correct book that I ordered. So, *I* had to suggest that they send me a postage paid envelope to ship the book back. They agreed, but I feel like they should have suggested this in the beginning. They were more worried about getting their merchandise back than keeping their customer happy, and this bothers me. The only reason I am not giving them a negative is because they are fixing the problem, but I am not happy about how the resolution came about. I don't think I will be making any more purchases from them in the future. I agree with other reviewers when they say that if you can find it somewhere else you might be better off. They do have some unique plants, but they are quite small, not at all like the pictures because, when asked, they will tell you that those are pictures of the mother plants, not what you will actually be receiving.
Positive MaliniS
dyersville, IA
May 21, 2013
I ordered jasmine plants from Logees in Feb and requested hold date due to midwest weather conditions. Last week of April they were shipped and I received beautiful healthy plants and I am very happy. One of the jasmines bloomed today and it smells wonderful. I will not hesitate to buy again.
Thanks
Positive Johnboy369
Fort Collins, CO
May 17, 2013
Posted on September 1, 2011, updated May 17, 2013
Posted on March 11, 2011, updated September 1, 2011
I have placed several orders with this company and I have gotten exactly what I expected. So far the plant specimens have all been in good shape and grown well.
On September 1st, 2011, Johnboy369 added the following:

Since I just placed another order with this company I felt it was time to comment again. My most recent order prior to this was lost by USPS. The tracking system showed it being received and processed by the facility in Connecticut mutiple times(three or four). When it did finally arrive the plants were dead and dry. Even though the problem wasn't Logee's fault, they promptly replaced the order without argument. That's a win in my book. Thanks!
On May 17th, 2013, Johnboy369 added the following:

Another great shipment from Logee's. These plants have been on my wanted list for years, but I couldn't get them until I built my greenhouse. The Sweet Almond Verbena even has flowers on it. Awesome!
Negative gsteinbe
Trenton, NJ
May 12, 2013
Posted on July 19, 2007, updated May 12, 2013
I have ordered a number of plants from Logee's over the last three or four years, and their service has always been glitch-free for me. As I look around my house and yard, however, I can't help but notice that most of the plants I've bought from them have not survived for long. They seem to arrive in good shape. That's not really the problem. They just don't always live very long -- a few months maybe, sometimes a year. I still have a Hoya, a Tahitian Orange tree, a dwarf Lemon tree, a very sad-looking African Gardenia, and a couple things that I've bought in the last couple months, but many plants that I've ordered from them in the past are no longer alive. Maybe they just sell species that are sensitive and die easily, but maybe the individual plants they sell just aren't the hardiest around. I don't know what the problem is (hence my neutral rating). I look around and see that plants I bought at Home Depot (e.g., a Jasmine that was in serious distress when I bought it) and from Park's Gardens (including a dwarf banana tree that has produced numerous suckers that I've been able to remove and pot up on their own) have survived better than plants I bought from Logee's. Considering how expensive Logee's is in comparison to Home Depot and Park's Gardens, I'd frankly expect better from them.
On May 12th, 2013, gsteinbe changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

After years of not ordering from Logee's, I still get catalogs from them. The latest catalog that I got included a promotion: get $15 off any order of $75. I went to Logee's website and put a Goji Berry, a Sourwood Tree, and a Meiwa Kumquat into my shopping cart. The shopping cart total was $74.85 for just those three plants. So, I was just $0.15 away from $75. But I didn't really want to buy anything else. I emailed Logee's to see if they would extend the promotion to me, since I was only $0.15 short of the necessary total. They sent me a terse email that simply said, "Unfortunately, the promo code will not work unless $75.00 or more is spent on merchandise." Yes, that's unfortunate indeed. For them.

I emptied my shopping cart and bought the Sourwood and Goji Berry elsewhere. I'm having trouble finding a Meiwa Kumquat anywhere else, but frankly, I don't have to have one right this minute. So, I'll wait until somebody else has one available. It'll probably be considerably cheaper than Logee's anyway (as were the Sourwood Tree and Goji Berry). Legally, Logee's didn't have to give me the promotion. I'm well aware of that. I was $0.15 short of the necessary total. But they apparently care more about that $0.15 than they do about the $74.85 (minus the $15 promotion but plus shipping) that I was willing to spend. If they don't care about losing $74.85 in sales over $0.15, then I don't feel any inclination to buy anything from them again.
Negative ransom3
Zephyrhills, FL
March 11, 2013
I ordered 4 plants from this company about a week ago. The shipment of my plants arrived in two days. They were 2 Bouvardia longiflora, 1 Ipomoea andersonii and 1 Gardenia coronata.

The Gardenia was not healthy looking. Most of the leaves were drooping and looked dessicated.. Some showed a brownish discoloration at the leaf tips. I thought at first it simply needed water, but I felt the soil and it was moist. My next thought was that the plant was not adequately rooted, so I put it in a glass enclosure to see if it would perk up. It hasn't so far. It looks worse. Some of the leaves have turned a ghastly gray color, though I am sure it is not a fungus or anything of that sort. Instead maybe, it is cold damage?

I think I will be happy with the other, healthy looking plants, but not with what appears to be a dying gardenia. It was intended to be a gift and was the primary reason I placed an order with Logee's.
Positive Lotsofloveforpl
Phoenix, AZ
March 7, 2013
My experience with Logee's has been wonderful. The plants are well-packed when shipped. They are also prompt in answering my e-mails. I ordered two Miracle Fruit plants in December, and they are doing very well. They were growing so large that I was advised to transplant into non-glazed terra cotta pots. I did so two weeks ago and they are thriving. I can hardly wait to get my berries. Thank you, Logee's.
Positive Debsroots
Northwest, MO (Zone 5a)
February 26, 2013
I received my order of eight begonias and am very happy with the size of the plants and the care they took in packaging my shipment.

Of the eight plants received, all arrived looking fabulous with the exception of one, the leaves were all gone from the travel experience. I will give it a couple of weeks to see if the plant comes back for the healthy root system, and if not, I will contact the company for the replacement of the one plant "Begonia Buttercup"

I will definitely place more orders with Logee's....very, very please.
Positive esanita
TYASKIN, MD (Zone 7a)
February 2, 2013
I agree with some of the comments that Logee's plants are quite expensive. However, in my several orders to them, all the plants arrived in great condition, very well packaged, good size, and are all growing well. It's also true, as mentioned, that they carry plants that cannot easily be found anywhere else, which is the main reason I started ordering from the.m
Positive crazy_for_abies
Fresno, CA
February 2, 2013
I ordered eight edible plants that I cannot find in any local nurseries: a dwarf maher star fruit, two different dwarf mulberries, two honeyberry plants, a china blue vine, an australian beach cherry, and a miracle fruit. My plants arrived yesterday, and I am very pleased with the quality of the plants I received.

The plants were packaged incredibly well, packed very tight and wrapped with sturdy paper so they could not move and be damaged, and were still moist upon arrival. Only the star fruit showed any sort of distress from taking the long trip from Connecticut to California, and it is already perked up after escaping its box. All plants were of good size for mail-ordered plants.

I will order from Logee's again. Their selection of hard to find edibles is hard to beat.
Negative cr8031
Chelmsford, MA
October 23, 2012
Most orders are fine but for a few I could never get the foliage on some plants to look like the catalog photos. For example, there are Rex begonias for sale with sharply contrasting leaf color variations. What the catalog shows as white, on my plants has proven to be a dull light green, no matter what light exposure I have tried. The same is true of the recently ordered "Peacock Plant. There is no white showing in the foliage while the catalog clearly shows white. I asked Logees if they used photo enhancement for catalog pictorials and they denied that was their practice. Perhaps my skills are deficient, but I must wonder about those catalog images as being accurate depictions of the product.
Negative mcsnail
Chicago, IL
October 16, 2012
Posted on June 28, 2012, updated October 16, 2012
I've been a Logee's customer for over a decade (maybe two) and I've come to see it as an unfortunate habit. I certainly don't regret all my purchases--but like others--I feel that their plants are not as robust or well established as those of competitors such as Almost Eden. And--their descriptions of plants are designed to seduce the credulous (like me) and are often somewhat-indirectly- dishonest. They sell, as houseplants, some plants that are not generally reccommended for the house. They never mention that a given plant is vulnerable to a common pest--and they imply that the home gardener will be rewarded with buckets of fruit from plants that are not likely to fruit at all-or rarely- in the house. And-I feel that the quality of their plants has grown worse in the last few years. So-I'm trying to stop-but that catalog still can get me.
On October 16th, 2012, mcsnail changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Well--after trying fruitlessly (so to speak) to grow Logee's citrus in my house--I gave up. I spent ALOT of money on Meyer's lemons, key limes, finger limes--and on and on. The only one that survived more than a year was a Kaffir lime. Many bit the dust after a few months-often prey to bugs. I figured that conditions in my house were too unfavorable. And then-against my better judgement I bought a Meyer's lemon from a local nursery. It cost $22 and was healthy and flowering. After at least 18 months--including a brutal Winter and Summer-- it is flourishing--and not a bug has come near it. 6 little lemons are on it now and it is big and healthy. I thought back on all the plants from Logee's that died (I recall an etrog that was about 2 inches tall and didn't seem to have a root system. It died in two weeks). I have probably wasted nearly $1000 on plants that never should have been mailed out. Its pretty infuriating.
Neutral cowboygardener
Slaton, TX (Zone 7b)
August 9, 2012
I placed an order on July 10 and didn't receive any information after the initial order confirmation. I would check their website and everything in my order was "in progress". Finally, I called this morning to inquire and was told it was too hot to ship to Texas. I cancelled the order. By the way, I just checked their website and my order is still listed as "in progress" and not "cancelled".

I can accept that Logee's feels it is too hot to risk shipping live plants. However, the lack of communication was very frustrating. A simple email saying that my order would not be shipped until temps were lower would have gone a long way in easing the frustration I feel with the company right now. I understand they have made a change to the website that makes this policy clearer but it came too late in my case.

I have ordered from Logee's before and probably will in the future now that I am more familiar with their shipping policies. Sigh. I was really looking forward to the scented geraniums.

Neutral Barrysewall
Larsen, WI (Zone 5a)
August 7, 2012
Even though I am a young guy, I am currently going to school to get a Horticulture Technician degree. I know lots of plants when I see them and from my experience with Logee's obviously they are making lots of cash! For what do you ask? Small tiny plants that are shipped at the stated shipping price but honestly, whomever it is that knows how to create a new plant from whatever species it is must be smarter than a genious. I'm literally serious. I've ordered from them before but from my intuition, I don't really think that these plants I ordered were considered 'real' in my mind.
Negative ACsAgapePlants
Mesa, AZ (Zone 9a)
August 2, 2012
I placed an order from Logee's Greenhouse on June 2nd, and I still haven't received my Hoya Lauterbachii. At first, I was told it was too hot to ship, now they just aren't responding to my emails. It shouldn't take this long to ship 1 hoya. Of course they already took the money from my credit card. Has anyone else had this problem with them?

August 2nd, 2012

WOW, Logee's is telling me they haven't sent my plant because of the temps in AZ. They don't want to ship unless the temp is under 100 degrees???? I told them, I receive plants all summer long from other places and haven't had any problems.
If I can get cuttings from Thailand/Sweden during the summer and they arrive in good condition, why can't I get plants from Conn? That's the biggest crap I've heard in a long time. Our temps for the past 2 weeks has been between 100 - 102. They should list that information on the website and give people an option of wheather or not they want to order. Don't charge my credit card if you can't send the product. This is my last time ordering from Logee's!!!!!
Company representative comment on August 3, 2012:
On Aug 3, 2012 10:49 AM, Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd. responded with:

Dear ACsAgapePlants,
We apologize for disappointing you. I do want to ensure you that we try to do everything that we can to provide healthy plants to our customers. We have found that when temperatures are below 34 or above 100 many of our customers received plants that are damaged or have died. We therefore hold shipments to states where the temperatures are above 100 degrees. Typically this is only for a few states for a few weeks, unfortunately this summer seems to be particularly hot as there are several states that have been outside that range for over a month and currently there are 6 that are too hot. This is not to say that some deliveries would not arrive safely, but last year when we tried shipping to some states that were between 100 and 105, we had nearly a quarter of the customers call back with damaged plants.
After your phone call yesterday we immediately met to discuss how better to inform customers of the heat related shipping issue. We decided to take the small note that was on the left side of our checkout page that stated which areas were too hot and moved it to the bottom of the page right above the “Place Order” button. We also added a note specifying 100 degrees, rather than just “too hot.” Hopefully this will avoid other customers from having the same frustration that you had.

Positive gandyman33
Saint Louis, MO
August 1, 2012
Posted on July 10, 2012, updated August 1, 2012
I have been wanting to purchase an avocado tree for quite sometime but the cost has always been more than I wanted to pay until I came across a "Day" avocado for sale at Logee's website. I did an internet search on this particular variety of avocado and thought "go for it" - the tree and shipping was $42.00. The tree arrived in a large box but the actual tree was half the size of the box. Imagine my dissappointment as I opened the box! On top of that I had to immediately transplant the little tree because the potting soil was full of bugs. I order plants frequently online but this was a first. I typically like to transplant a week or two later to give the plant a chance to recover from the stress of being shipped accross country. I read the reviews at this forum before purchasing and was pretty confident that I was going to get a nice tree. Everyday I look at my little "Charlie Brown" tree and think what a waste of money. The full priced avocado tree might be worth the risk but believe me when I say stay away from the "sale" priced avocado tree.
On August 1st, 2012, gandyman33 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I was contacted by Logee's Customer Service regarding my dissappointment and a replacement tree was sent. The replacement was a bigger and nicer tree. I am completely satsified and I appreciate that fact they went out of their way to provided exceptional customer service. The Logee catalog is filled with a huge variety of plants and trees so I can definitely see a future purchase. I have no reservation about recommending them to other gardners - good customer service is ultimately what we expect and deserve for our hard earned money! Thanks Logee's!!!
Company representative comment on July 13, 2012:
On Jul 13, 2012 2:50 PM, Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd. responded with:

We apologize for your disappointment. We've looked over our records and do not see that you contacted us about your disappointment. We sent a D-mail to you, please contact us directly so that we can resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

The Day Avocado that you received, even though "sale" priced, should have been a good one. However, as a mail-order nursery we do tend to have smaller plants than local nurseries to keep shipping costs lower. Our current Day Avocado's are between 16-20" above the soil line which is on the small side (sometimes they are as tall as 2-3'), but we always try to send healthy, strong plants regardless of the height.

Positive ycn4chin
Dickson, TN
July 31, 2012
I have ordered from Logee's for years. I just received two Clivia minatas from them and could not be happier. I repotted them up one pot size as they recommended, and the roots were impressive. Both plants were substantial plants for the price I paid. They are a reliable source for tropical plants that one will rarely find locally.
Negative SuzyQ12
Ocean City, NJ
July 27, 2012
I have had mixed experiences with Logee's. Some years the plants are okay, others they're not. More often than not, the plants I have wanted are out of stock for months, even when I order early. From reading the other reviews here, it appears as though I'm not the only one with this experience. They're selection isn't as good as it once was, and their prices are too high for the size and quality of plant you get. I have found many of the plants they offer locally at lower prices with higher quality.
Positive Eric_OH
Columbus, OH (Zone 6a)
July 22, 2012
I have bought many plants from Logee's over the years and rate it as consistently one of the best sources for house plants and tropical/subtropical ornamentals.

While visits to their greenhouses are especially enjoyable, I've had good experiences with mail order, experiencing problems with only one shipment (the two plants received in poor condition were promptly replaced after I e-mailed them). My most recent mail order, shipped during a brief hiatus in our unseasonably hot 2012 summer, arrived well-packed and in good shape.

Highly recommended.
Negative ScentedNectar
Toronto
Canada
Posted on July 20, 2012, updated July 22, 2012
I ordered 19 plants way back in early spring. I asked that they be held until May 21 for warm enough shipping weather. I'm in Canada, so I also ordered a phytosanitary certificate. May came and went. June came and went. No plants. They won't give me any explanation other than saying they have no idea when an inspector will come and that their hands are tied.

I wrote back to them, giving them the phone numbers of the 3 inspectors for their area. I also told them I found out that they are supposed to actually call one of them and make an appt. Instead of writing back with an appt day set up, all they said again was their hands were tied and they didn't know when an inspector will come.

It's past mid-summer now. I wish they would tell me what's really going on. Is it an uncontrolled pest problem? That would certainly prevent certification, but I have no idea if that is the situation. I can only guess.

I'm probably going to need to just cancel the order soon. Meanwhile, I have 19 pots, all labelled, each containing the best soil mix I could make after researching what each plant likes, and the pots are the correct size for each as well. I'm very disappointed and sad about this. I was looking forward to the plants very much. They were almost all ones with fragrant flowers.
On July 22nd, 2012, ScentedNectar added the following:

After reading what MWplantman said about the viruses, I'm just going to cancel my order, right after posting this. I could handle it if the plants finally arrived (not that that's seeming likely anyways) with insects, but you can't fix plant virus diseases except with replacement using virus free (and hopefully resistant) plants. They can infect other plants as well sometimes. Maybe it's good that my order was so delayed.
Negative MWplantman
Albany, NY
Posted on January 25, 2012, updated July 22, 2012
I have ordered from Logee's for several years now and always been pleased. They have had several of my "holy grail" plants which I have been very happy with. While their catalogs have gotten a little stale, I still find plants I can't live without.

Opening the the box is like opening a present. The plants are healthy and well-grown (occasionally a little too large for their pots) and get rave reviews from my garden guests.

A couple plants have arrived damaged from the shipping process, but a quick call to Logee's has set things right.

I Look forward to making some additions to my collection soon.

One of my favorites!

On July 22nd, 2012, MWplantman changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I visited Logee's this past weekend and was very disappointed. Firstly, I was practically ignored then treated as a burden when seeking assistance from the staff. Also, their selection has gotten pitiful. I had only found 1 plant that appealed to me. But while searching for plants to add to my collection, I noticed that A LOT of their plants looked funky, with weird color patterning and distorted growth. This is typically a virus or some other disease. I had overheard a staff member talking about their virus problems. It is not worth risking adding it to my plants at home. So l left empty handed and will not be returning to nor purchasing more plants from Logee's. Such a disappointment.
Company representative comment on July 25, 2012:
On Jul 25, 2012 2:27 PM, Logee's Greenhouses, Ltd. responded with:

Thank you for posting your comments about Logee's. We are always grateful for feedback. First, we apologize for any mistreatment from our staff. We go to great lengths to make sure our customers are well serviced. Also, we appreciate your candid comments about your concern with diseased plants. We are confident that our plants are healthy. Doing periodic testing, which is what we do at Logee’s, is the best way to detect viruses in an early stage. In the rare event that a virus is detected, the plants are immediately destroyed so the infection doesn’t spread. After 120 years in business, we take growing quality plants very seriously. We scout daily for diseases and insects and take necessary steps for pest control. Again, we appreciate your concern. We are sorry to lose you as a customer but we would rather have a customer who is happy and confident with our plants. We understand that you are not, so we sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We invite you to come to Logee’s to discuss your concerns. The owner, Byron Martin would be happy to give you a personal tour of our facilities.

Positive 815Lucky
Brownsville, TX (Zone 9b)
July 20, 2012
Placed an order on 5/30/12 for 2 Sunshine Blueberries, Michelia figo and Abutilon 'voodoo', called on 6/8/12 to ask about status of order and was told it would ship on 6/11/12. My order arrived on 6/15/12 in excellent condition despite high heat in the east. I would have appreciated an E-mail as to when my order would ship, we have a pitbull and most carriers won't enter the yard, besides we have 95 degree weather from April to November in Brownsville Tx, and you can't leave boxes unprotected in the sun. The plants are all actively growing, despite a 103 degree heat wave. The plants were bought on sale, normally a bit pricey! I will be purchasing from them again. To all of you that say that you can get it locally cheaper and larger, use some common sense, if you are dumb enough to pay for shipping, then you don't have the right to complain. The point of mailorder nurseries is to buy plants you could never get locally.