The scoop on 'BetterGrow Hydro'

BetterGrow Hydro

1271 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena, California 91106 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-640-4769

Comments:

Negative wornout
Fairview Heights, IL
June 29, 2012
On June 7, 2012 I placed a $600 order with Bettergrow Hydro. Everything in my order was listed as in stock on their Website. Five days later I received an e-mail stating my order was on backorder it would be 1-3 weeks before shipment. On June 11th my growbags shipped less then $30 of total order. After several calls on June 19th I was told my stuff was in there warehouse and would be shipped by end of week. On June 25th there website went down, sent over 15 emails, no response. Called and left over 30 messages on 4 differant phone numbers, NOTHING. I tracked down another business owned by same owners, they answered the phone. I was told Bettergrow Hydro was restructuring and would not be able to ship me anything and if I wanted my money back I would have to call my bank and have a charge-back issued. So I am still out my money for another to weeks. All this has put me in a really bad situation and has stressed me out to the point of not being able to eat. I have spent over 30 hours this week trying to get this resolved. Without the money being returned I can not even order things from someone else. I am just wornout.
Negative hydropon
Boston, MA
June 7, 2012
Stay away. You may think that they have the best prices but they hit you with a hefty shipping charge. I placed an order with them for the first time and I paid $22 shipping for a $60 order!!! They sent me a partial shipment it was so incomplete that I couldn't really use the stuff they had shipped. Contacted them through their online chat to find out when the rest of the order was being shipped that's when I got the run around. I was told it was being packaged but they couldn't tell me when it was going to get shipped and what was being shipped because their shipping department was unavailable. Last time I order from these idiots.
Negative wakeupfive
Glenolden, PA
June 1, 2011
they sold me a fan thru amazon,,13 lbs shipping wt ,,,,, 35.25 for the fan,,,,,,,44.00 shipping charge ,,,,,,,,,then after a 10 min phone call they refunded part of it ,,,29.00...it was a 16" fan,,,,,,,[the other fan I got was a 12" ,,,,from another vender ,,,,shipping was much more reasonable,,,under 9.00],,,they told me at first it weighed 30 lbs,,,I had to argue with them,,,then wait for them to see... how much it really weighed,,,,13lbs.....tooo much bull for me,,,never again!!!
Negative BKH08
TORONTO
Canada
December 18, 2008
I ordered a book from BGH. It was supposed to go Asia but ended up in Argentina!!! They first gave me a wrong tracking number and refused to give an order status until a month passed. I waited for the item for 2 months and didn't receive it and I wasted almost 3 hours in total waiting at the phone for the customer service. It also took 2 weeks to refund. It was the worst and the most unbelievable online shopping I've done in my whole life.
Negative Farnsworth
September 24, 2008
I ordered the Darkroom street 80 which both Amazon and BG hydros web-site said was in stock. I recieved a conformation E-mail. Later I recieved a e-mail stating the item was not in stock and back ordered at least a month away. So called customer service and complained. I was told they went out of there way to have the item shipped from another store and i would recieve my product within a week. A week goes by and nothing. So once again call and go threw the whole explain my story to 5 different people thing. I get multi answers .One story saying the item was never shipped and i wasn't billed. One saying i still owe the balance and the item was shipped. Finaly after talking to many people i find they did ship the item from a different store, but they sold it to another customer. needless to say i canceled my order. This is probably the worst run bussiness, and customer service I have ever delt with. DO NOT ORDER FROM BG HYDRO!!!!!!
Negative CricketCreek
Pittsburgh, PA (Zone 5b)
May 30, 2007
Purchased product through Amazon and claimed that it would be sent in 2-6 days. Two weeks later I have no product. Emails sent to company as to the status of the shipment of my order have been ignored. Ignored.......
Negative RaytheGardener
Abingdon, MD (Zone 7a)
March 24, 2007
The item I purchased from BetterGrow Hydro (Gnatrol) was displayed on both their home website and Amazon.com website as "In Stock" turned out to be "Not In Stock" or even "available for purchase" until many weeks later.

I was finally contacted on 3/23/07 after my third email with a reply that the item was backordered and not due to be "In-Stock" until possibly a week later. (Though the item still shows as "in-stock" on their website on 3/24/07).

The sad result to their lack of an honest stock availability listing and lack of timely response to my inquiries was the loss of three of my rare plants (and possibly a few more to come).

Had I received even a simple email status update that would easily have taken less than 30 seconds to produce, I could have purchased the product elsewhere and possibly saved my plants many weeks ago.

Very dissapointed and I personally consider their actions to be fraudulent for still showing the item as "in stock" on both websites while admitting via email that they do not currently have the item available to ship.

Positive dichotomy
Wilmington, DE
November 8, 2006
I bought metal halide lights to keep my orchids happy. BGH had the best selection, the best prices, and the most comprehensive and informative web site. The items arrived on time and in perfect condition. Their customer service was prompt and accurate. They are a pleasure to do business with.
Positive gdionelli
Huntington, WV (Zone 6a)
January 12, 2006
I am not a hydroponic gardener, but I was looking for a small quantity of humidity domes for seed trays, and BGHydro had a good price (on any quantity), plus took PayPal. They had recently updated their ecommerce software and I experienced some glitches on the website and eventually had to order by phone. But I dealt with an actual human being on their LiveHelp online customer service, and he was extremely helpful. Eventually they changed their registration page since I had noticed it was not encrypted and that's all fixed now.

I was sent tracking information and the domes arrived speedily. They were good quality and exactly what I'd ordered.

In short, customer service could not have been better, and I got a good price. Recommended.