The scoop on 'Bunton's Seed'

Bunton's Seed

939 E. Jefferson St
Louisville, Kentucky 40299 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-844-7333

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive packetpete
Feeding Hills, MA
July 21, 2009
For years I enjoyed Bunton Seeds catalogs and the friendly service - besides gardening I collect seed packets and these have quant old fashioned art work that I enjoy - the corners were tight - the latex glue was perfect for planting & closing the packet back up for later use - thanks Mr Bunton!
Positive OrganicOhio
Columbus, OH (Zone 5b)
February 20, 2009
SO EXCITED! For years I have hunted for a bean called Pink Half-runner. It's an heirloom and only found a few offerings on the internet...always sold out. This year I found some at Bunton Seed. Their shopping cart was down and they suggested you call, so on Saturday, February 2nd, I called and left my order, name and phone number. At 9:15 a.m. on Monday morning, a VERY nice woman from Bunton called me, and expressed her apologies, but the seed I wanted had actually sold out on Friday (the day before I called). I am certain she could feel my dissapointment! I asked if I could go on a waiting list in case someone canceled their order, and she informed me that everything had already been shipped. (That was impressive since they were just sold on Friday). She couldn't offer me any advice on where to find others, and said they had a hard time getting those seeds too, but she told me she'd call me if they ever got any more. A nice gesture, but I wasn't sure she would. FIVE MINUTES LATER, she calls me again and tells me that she herself had walked out into the warehouse and found ONE package of those seeds! YEAH! Not only was I excited about the seed, but it was SO nice to have someone actually try to help you out! Love it! Thanks so much Bunton! I'll order from you again!
Positive cricker13
Salem, NJ
December 24, 2008
IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING FOR ALTERNATE SEED COPANIES I READ A COUPLE OF POSITIVE REVIEWS FOR BUNTON'S SEED. I ESPECIALLY LIKED THE NOTION THAT BUNTON'S WAS A MORE PERSONALIZED CONCERN. I VISITED THE WEBSITE AND PLACED AN ORDER AND WAS ABLE TO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO AN AMAZING REAL PERSON WHO CUSTOMIZED MY ORDER EVEN THOUGH MY TOTAL AMOUNTED TO VERY LITTLE IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS. MY ORDER ARRIVED QUITE IN TACT AND IN PERSONALLY LABLED PACKETTES. THE VARIETY OF SEEDS IS MADE UP OF TRIED AND TRUE SPECIES THAT MET MOST OF MY NEEDS.
Positive WildPear
Palmyra, IN
January 12, 2007
I am a small grower 30 miles west of Louisville. Bunton Seeds supplies most of the hardware stores in these counties and I have bought from such stores 50 or 60 years. I have purchased by visiting the store in Louisville most of the last 20 years. I have never gotten any low germination seeds or other problems from Bunton. I have never found seeds cheaper than Bunton. Each spring I check my seed needs against Bunton. If Bunton has it I buy it at Bunton. I buy buy packets or bulk. I buy brassica crops (kohlrabi, cabbage, turnip, etc) by 1/2 pound and use them for 5 or more years. Often I give lots of Bunton Seeds to my friends).
Some crops, parsnip and salsify, for example, only have the biological potential to survive one year. During 2007, I plan to sow parsinp in clumps of 25 seeds at intervals of 8 inches and thin to one per clumps site. Parsnip is very slow and difficult to germinate. I plan to sow some in February and see if I get better stands.
Harold Eddleman, Ph.D.
Plant Breeder and Grower
Positive Barry56
Springfield, MA
July 28, 2005
Bunton's Seeds is a great source for high quality seeds. The folks there are pro's and very polite..Southern Hospitality at its best!
Positive heirloomacres
New Bloomfield, MO
November 25, 2003
Very prompt and honest company. Seeds are of excellent quality and very good price. I was treated very fairly.
Positive Arcten
January 31, 2003
I have a large area that I cultivate. This company sends big packets of seed at low cost. I get quarter and half pounds of tomato seed, not packs of 30 seed. This is a great company for larger operations.