The scoop on 'The Cottage Gardener'

The Cottage Gardener

4199 Gilmore Rd
Newtonville, Ontario L0A 1J0 (Canada)

Paper Catalog Cost: $2

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive ganesha
St. Catharines
January 30, 2013
Great service, good seed count and germination rate and most of all their website is to date the best we have used!!!
If you have a large order it is a sheer pleasure, a total time saver, I would tell all seed companies to follow their example!
The seed packets come with individual descriptions making the job of spreadsheets so much easier.
This is our second year ordering with this company.
They have an extensive selection of heirloom vegetables, herbs and flowers and the bulk of our orders for this year have been given to them.
Positive mbowoade
Lethbridge
September 25, 2012
Ordered from this company for the first time and was astounded at the rate at which I received my order. One item was not available so my account was refunded, which I really appreciated. I haven't tried planting the seeds yet, so I have no information about germination, but I will definitely order from them again simply for the speed at which I received my order.
Positive itlajfk
Clyde River
May 10, 2012
This is my third year of ordering seeds from this company. The service has been great ( even though we started off on a bit of a rocky slope with some website issues and my first order). In any event, everything was solved.

The seed selection is fantastic if you are serious about heritage seeds, and open pollination. I have found the germination rate to be exceptionally good as well.

I have never had a problem other than my initial ordering problems 3 years ago, so I haven't tested customer service to the extent you might if you got several packs of bum seeds. I don't think there would be a problem.
Positive garyoconnor
Brattleboro, VT
March 25, 2010
A very good experience with this Business. they sell rare and unusual seeds. U.S. Gardeners can order seeds if you obtain a permit through the U.S.D.A. Small Lots of Seed program and send your permit in with your order. Mary was very nice to give me a try in sending seeds to the U.S. My seed order went through Customs with no problems. I will order again from them. Gary.
Positive yielder
Hastings
Canada (Zone 4b)
January 17, 2010
This will be my third year ordering from Mary and Dan. Every year has been a good experience - timely shipping and good germination from the seeds. It's always a treat to see Mary's new additions each year.
Positive SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)
February 17, 2009
Excellent and speedy service!!! Would recommend The Cottage Gardener as well as order from them again!

RE the previous comment: the site now has a shopping cart so you can purchase directly on the site.

Great selection of heirloom veggies, annuals, perennials and herbs ect.

We bought a bunch of heirloom annuals and veggies which are far superior to many of the intensely hybridized ones on the market today. Many old-fashioned annuals/veggies still maintain a strong fragrance or taste which is something newer hybrids often loose as they're bred to be compact, travel well and have a good shelf life in the supermarket.
Positive gypsyfamilyfarm
Evansville, Manitoulin Island
January 3, 2008
I am a commercial grower always looking for rare, unusual and heirloom varieties. It is a bonus to find a company who provides such seeds while promoting an ecologically sound approach to agriculture.
Fast, friendly and personal service.
Highly recommended!
Positive jcsgreenthumb
Pisgah Forest, NC (Zone 6b)
September 30, 2002
I ordered flower seeds from them this past spring. Although their website isn't automatated (you have to order via email and snail mail), they offer some hard to find flower seeds and the emails I received were prompt and courteous.

I would definitely order again!

Jeanne