The scoop on 'Gardening Warehouse Direct (formerly Gardening Supply Warehouse)'

Gardening Warehouse Direct (formerly Gardening Supply Warehouse)

1221 California Lane Suite 100
Arlington, Texas 76015 (United States)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Negative SotKat
Athens
Greece
November 24, 2009
Posted on November 12, 2009, updated November 24, 2009
Posted on November 11, 2009, updated November 12, 2009
Very unpleasant experience... And it's not over yet... It might get worse if I don't get my money back.
I placed an order of $ 392.94 on October 16th, got a confirmation e-mail. Paypal transferred the money to them and since then... absolutely NOTHING.
I have been trying to contact them four weeks now, by e-mail, by phone, through paypal's Dispute Resolution process... NOTHING...
I will never try it again...
On November 12th, 2009, SotKat changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I have just received an e-mail from them through the PayPal Dispute Resolution centre stating that they had problems with their computer systems for several weeks. They asked if I still want the stuff to be shipped to me or if I want a full refund.
On November 24th, 2009, SotKat changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

After 11 days from their last sign of life, still no news about my order... Still no answer to my emails.

This is ridiculous...
What kind of problem is that? Can't they even contact their clients (who have already paid for stuff a month ago and GWD hasn't even shipped yet???)
Negative Williampaul
Scottsdale, AZ
November 19, 2009
Posted on November 08, 2009, updated November 18, 2009
Posted on November 04, 2009, updated November 08, 2009
They take forever to ship {Still waiting for my order or any
answer to 3 emails}, do not answer emails. Never again.
On November 8th, 2009, Williampaul added the following:

It is now Nov. 8th, 2009. I placed an order {$150+} on Oct 25,
and received a confirmation number by email immediately. They
have not responded to numerous emails asking for a shipping
date, and don't return messages left on their telephone mailbox
{no one ever answers the phone}. I wonder if they are still on the
planet. williampaul
On November 19th, 2009, Williampaul added the following:

It's now Nov. 18th, and Gardening Warehouse Direct has still
not answered my emails or phone messages. My order, which
they confirmed on Oct. 25 by email is in limbo. Bad business.

williampaul
Negative grootdej
Deventer
Netherlands
November 11, 2009
I can fully agree with Williampaul's sad experience with
Gardening Warehouse Direct.
On 14 October 2009 I ordered a plastic greenhouse
(Planthouse 3) which is
difficult to obtain in my country. I paid them $ 63.18 via
PayPal. I also got a confirmation email. Up to now, I did not
receive the greenhouse ordered. On their website under
'MyAccount' it is said that the order was received and paid
but no further action is communicated there. I have sent them 4 emails
but they never answered. Nonetheless, on their website they
state that they try to answer within 24 hours!
I think this company is fraudulous. I consider filing a
complaint to FBI's Internal Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Jan de Groot
Deventer/HOLLAND
Positive huggle002
Fort Edward, NY (Zone 5a)
February 22, 2007
I ordered a number of items (pots, Orchid food, soil) for an Orchid delivery I was to be recieving. I placed the order on Febuary 7th, and according to their website, it shipped on the 13th. The Orchids came today, and I had not yet recieved the needed items from Gardening Warehouse Direct. I called there to find out if they had a tracking number, and the woman who answered was as nice as can be. They are overnighting another order to me-and then checking into the problem.

I should also mention that I placed the order with them because not only did they have everything I needed, I also found their prices were terrific on everything I was looking for.

Every company should have customer service like this. I will not hesitate to purchase everything I need for both my Orchids, and outdoor garden in the future.
On February 22nd, 2007, huggle002 added the following:

Just 5 minutes ago, the UPS guy came with the original box. Fortunately, I was able to reach Gardening Warehouse Direct, and the other order had not left yet.

I just want to say that this company has all of my business in the future-they really know how to handle their customer service....
Positive hem_iamy
Albuquerque, NM (Zone 7b)
December 6, 2006
Generally I would avoid any company with "direct" in their name based on reviews I have seen, but gave them a try as they offer the "Light Flurries" projector at a better price than I had previously encountered elsewhere. Email communication was prompt and updated regularly as to status of order, item arrived today and is in great working order, stopping traffic :)
Positive flowerjean
Central, IL (Zone 5a)
March 14, 2006
I have ordered twice from this company. Both orders were acknowledged right away and arrived exactly what I ordered and fairly quickly. The pots I ordered were good quality for the price.
Positive SandiTX
McKinney, TX (Zone 7b)
January 2, 2006
I ordered medium Alifor from GWD & it arrived very quickly.