The scoop on 'Clay Trout Pottery'

Clay Trout Pottery

67 Acushnet Road
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts 02739 (United States)

Comments:

Negative GreenrPastures
Free Union, VA
July 2, 2014
We ordered from this business 7 months ago, 4 pots, paid in full at time of order. Two pots arrived 2 1/2 months later after we inquired a few times about order status. We had been told first that the owner was behind in filling orders, then told that pots were in the kiln and would be shipped the following week. When the pots didn't arrive, we were told the third time that the owner had taken on other work (no problem there) so it was very difficult to fill any orders in the studio. These statements came after periods of no response to either email or phone inquiry. One of the 2 pots we received was damaged in transit and the owner offered to replace it. We never received a replacement.
We never received the remaining 2 other pots, and never got an explanation as to their whereabouts, never an apology for the significant delay. We were ignored - in fact, we have not heard from this business owner since March
of this year, and now it is the first week of July 2014. As a customer, we are left with a feeling that our business is not important, of little to no value. Cannot recommend this potting studio at all - place an order and you might not get it.
Negative budgiegirl
Ambler, PA
November 23, 2011
I attempted to order a ceramic wine cooler from this company last year about 4 weeks before Christmas. When 2 weeks had gone by and I had not received the cooler, I called her to be sure it would reach me for the holidays. She assured me it would. Then with about 4 days until Christmas, and I still did not have the cooler, I called, and she told me "it was in the kiln". Then literally Dec 23 she sent me an email saying she was unable to send me the cooler because she was busy and had nobody to go to the post office and mail the cooler to me. I told her that I would accept it up until New Years. She said she was unable to do so and refunded my money. OK, fine she refunded my money, but she totally screwed me by giving me no warning that the gift was not going to make it in time. She should have contacted me as soon as she knew there was a problem rather than waiting for me to call now and then. Maybe she is not dishonest, but she sure is not professionally organized. I would not buy from her ever unless I was in absolutely no rush whatsoever to get the product.
Negative Hesiod
Woodstock, MD
June 8, 2011
I ordered an orchid pot from Clay Trout Pottery (3/11), after several months without hearing of the status I received several emails offering excuses for the delay in shipping. The first excuse was a delay due to the owner attending a show. The second notice of delay was due to a large order, she did not have enough materials to complete my order (one pot). Third notice she stated my money would be returned. After several weeks without a refund I had to file a claim. Owner did not even respond to the Better Business Bureau!
Tried to support local small business instead of the big box store, however this effort resulted in nothing but frustration.

Company representative comment on June 11, 2011:
On Jun 11, 2011 8:02 PM, Clay Trout Pottery responded with:

I personally hand-make all Clay Trout pots one at a time on the pottery wheel. When a pot is ordered online and not in stock I make contact with the person and let them know when I can make and ship their order or that there will be a wait and then offer to refund their money. This past season has been exceptionally busy. I have been in several large shows and just completed an order of 1400 hand made custom pieces for a corporation in St Louis. These are not excuses, they are merely facts. The customer who posted a negative comment about my business did receive a refund in full through Pay Pal in May and in April I was waiting for a new shipment of black clay needed to produce his pot.

Positive figgysmith
Holliston, MA
March 3, 2005
Clay Trout made custom pots for my wedding (one for each party member). We had a logo put on them. They were fabulous and everyone loved them. They appreciated something that could be displayed and was custom made.. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!
Positive MichaelGorski
Indianola
United States
September 4, 2004
Clay Trout Pottery makes custom pots out of several different types of clay in several styles. I ordered 2 Amaryllis (Tuscan) pots with a custom logo on them. It does take a little while (they are custom, mind you), but they are absolutely beautiful. They are mid/high range pots, but worth every penny. Living in the rural midwest, finding someone to do custom pottery is next to impossible. I stumbled across the Clay Trout Pottery website after an exhaustive internet search. I'm glad I did!