The scoop on 'Crosman's Seeds'

Crosman's Seeds

East Rochester, New York 14445 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-446-7333
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive deshelman69
Lima, NY
February 2, 2012
WOW! As a life long gardener, I shopped around to find the best quality seeds that produce the best quality produce. After ten plus years of using the same seeds from various Companies, I was introduced to Crossmans seeds. Again, WOW!!! Everything I planted was three fold! I couldn't keep up with the harvest! I told EVERYONE! I was, & still am, AMAZED at the quality & quantity of their product, so much that I am a lifer! :-) :-) :-) Now I can feed the world! I welcome anyone to come visit my gardens in July & August, to see first hand the quality & quantity of their seeds. I encourage everyone to support this company. remember, without farmers we wouldn't exist! Without good seeds, there'd be no farmers! :-( Think about it...
Positive kattrox
Floyds Knobs, IN (Zone 6b)
May 13, 2011
I have been ordering from Crosman's some years now. I have always had excellent germination and they sell the old favorites I have always had great luck with plus oddities like cactus seed and rhubarb. Ordered rhubarb seed this year and 100% germination! Thats no surprise! About a month ago I planted some bachelor button seeds from them leftover from 2006 excellent germination as well! Seed is reasonably priced shipping cost is minimal and order was shipped fast. Sells flower, veggie and herb seeds. If you are looking for a great seed company look no further than Crosman's! You will be satisfied!!!
Positive mtilton
Ada, OK (Zone 7a)
February 14, 2011
Extremely fast service. Got my seeds in no time at all. I highly recommend this company for their wide range of annual and perennial flowers and good vegetable selection. Way to go, Crosman's!
Positive gloriag
Floyd, VA (Zone 6b)
February 18, 2010
Posted on July 26, 2005, updated February 18, 2010
Crosman's is one of the best seed companies I know of: incredibly inexpensive, a good variety of seeds, prompt in sending out orders, and very cooperative in communications.
I could not recommend them more highly.
On February 18th, 2010, gloriag added the following:

These People are great; they have been around forever (and apparently didn't change their prices which range from .59 to .89 per
generous package) They carry the old standbys- the ones people have loved for years. I order every year.
Positive SheMeows
Lewiston, ID
October 13, 2008
Excellent service. The seeds arrived quickly, packaged well. Very affordable prices and low shipping charges.

I was very happy to find Nierembergia seed, which I had been looking for locally with no luck at all.

I look forward to ordering more seeds from Crosman in the future.
Positive gafbuffalo
Orchard Park, NY (Zone 5a)
May 12, 2008
This is a great company. The seeds are inexpensive and the selection, while not what you might get from a bigger company, is wide and deep enough to stock a complete flower and vegetable garden. Their service is very fast, germination is excellent and they have a 170-year track record of service. I can't think of another seed company that has been around that long.
Positive calsmom11
Spring, TX
January 7, 2008
If "excellent" was a choice I would have chosen that! After a bad expeience with a seed company last year I searched this watchdog and found Crosman Seed. I called and made my order and had my seeds 3 days later! I am now preparing my second order for them! If only all things in life could be this easy, accurate and affordable!!
Positive lycodad
Hornell, NY (Zone 5a)
September 28, 2007
Picked up several varieties at a garden show in Henrietta last spring. This company has some really neat old timey type seeds, some hard to find elsewhere. I'm a tomato nut myself, tried Rutgers, Triple Crop, and New Yorker all with great success. They don't waste money on fancy catalogs, so go with the web site and print out the order forms. Quality, price and service are the best around.
Positive skimper
Greenwich, OH
August 16, 2007
Great!seed germination.Reasonable prices.
Positive alicewho
North Augusta, SC (Zone 8a)
February 21, 2007
Super fast shipping, great prices, highly recommended!
Positive Gabrielle
(Zone 5a)
January 18, 2006
Great prices, reasonable shipping charges, orders sent promptly, generous quantity of seeds, high germination rate . . . need I say more?
Positive emeraldblue70
West Sacramento, CA
December 4, 2005
I ordered seeds from Crosman recently and I am impressed with the results. I planted hollyhock, lavatera, cactus, and larkspur and got almost 100% germination even on the cactus which can be a challenge sometimes.
Great value, fantastic results, which makes this company tops in my book. The snail mail order form can be a little cumbersome, but worth the wait. All in all I still received my order within 7 days. Varieties are on the conservative side, but there are still some rarities and old favorites to be found here that are not widely offered. Overall, I will definitely will order again.
Positive kikisdad
Spring Hill, FL (Zone 9a)
April 9, 2005
I always buy seeds from Crosmans. It is a little cumbersome because you have to print an order form and order by regular mail as opposed to placing an order on the internet but still well worth the effort. Quality seeds and great prices. they have a variety of marigold called "sparky" which I don't find elsewhere and which is my favorite annual flower.
Positive gordonfarquhar
Orchard Park, NY
January 26, 2005
This company is a gem. Fast service (three-day turn-around on a mail order (admittedly they are only about 90 miles from me) with 100% fulfillment. They have a limited line, but it seems carefully thought out and leans toward open-pollinated seeds. They also have some slightly unusual items -- I can't recall seeing cardoon or rhubarb seeds in many of the "big" seed catalogs.

They are one of the oldest companies in New York State, having started business in 1838.
Positive cynthiaanne
February 12, 2003
I always buy Crosman Seeds (although I don't have to order them since this is a local company for me). They are first rate. Buy with confidence from a truly "heritage" seed company.
Positive Sugar_fl
montgomery, AL (Zone 7b)
January 7, 2002
I have ordered quite a few seeds from this company. The service was very good & fast. You can't beat their prices. So far I have only planted a few marigolds as it was very late in the fall. They did very well till the frost got them. If the other seeds germinate & do as well as these few I'll be very happy.
Sugar_fl