The scoop on 'Monarch Watch'

Monarch Watch

3515 Silverside Road, Suite 203
Wilmington, Delaware 19810 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-780-9986
Fax: 1-877-687-4878

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

No positives

Comments:

Neutral CaptMicha
Brookeville, MD (Zone 7a)
September 17, 2004
I ordered the Monarch rearing kit (in the quantity of 2) from this company. Things looked okay at first but very few eggs hatched, most of the caterpillars died and any ones that made it soon died in the pupae stage or emerged deformed. Only two out of 24 butterflies were able to be released into the wild.

I called customer support and they told me that they're having a disease out break which would have caused the problem. They should have let me know about this problem when I ordered. Anyways, they shipped a free kit at their expense and I don't think any survived to adult stage.

Neutral is because the customer sevice was very helpful and friendly, but product was bad. My advice is to call in and ask about any such problems before placing an order.