The scoop on 'HomeStyle Books'

HomeStyle Books

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania 17012-6435 (United States)

Phone: 717-918-2665

Comments:

Positive roryrhea
Portland, OR
June 18, 2009
I've been a member of HomeStyle Books for 3 years and I've had nothing but positive experiences with them. The member prices frequently beat other bookstore prices and shipment is prompt.
Negative myrmidon
Tremont, IL
February 3, 2005
I joined this book club for a chance to get some nice garden books at a decent price. I was very happy with my original books. However, if you don't want them to automatically send books every couple weeks, you have to mail their card back, call them (they only offer a long distance number), or on their site, which would not let me log on. When I called the phone number, I have to listen to them try to sell me more books before I can even get to a menu. I tried to place an order over the phone, but when you do it does not give you amounts, or even the name of the book you are ordering. When I called the next day to check this order, they were charging me an extra $10 +/- because they calculated the discount differently than the catalog said. So, I cancelled the order. Also, the phone employee couldn't fix my internet problem, said I needed to email them. I imagine they will eventually fix it so I can connect, but I plan to fulfill my commitment ASAP so I can get out. I don't have time for automatic shipments every couple weeks, and don't like the fact that you can't trust the catalog to figure the price of a book. I will update when/if this ever gets resolved, but I am currently very frustrated with this company.