The scoop on 'Rosy Dawn Gardens'

Rosy Dawn Gardens

58320 12 Mile Rd.
New Hudson, Michigan 48165 (United States)

Phone: n/a
Fax: 248-486-4954

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive mrsearlgrey
Summerville, PA
June 7, 2014
Wow! I wish Rosy Dawn sold everything. I ordered my coleus early this spring and received them last week. I thought that two looked a lot alike and when I double-checked, I realized that one couldn't be the right variety, although the stake had the right name. I emailed hoping for a refund and received a prompt response that they will ship the correct one! All the plants look good too! Thanks for great service.
Positive rwriker
Phoenixville, PA
May 17, 2014
This is the go-to place for great coleus plants. They have the best selection and deliver high quality plants that are ready to grow. I just received my third order from them, and the plants are beautiful.
Positive plantloverkat
Houston, TX (Zone 9a)
April 17, 2014
I just received an order from Rosy Dawn Gardens. This is my third order from this company over a 4 or 5 year period. Every order I have received from them has been great. I am so happy to be able to find all my favorite coleus varieties here when my local nurseries only carry all the newest varieties. This year my very favorite variety 'India Frills' was not listed on their website, but when I called to inquire, I was told that it was in limited supply but they thought they could provide it for me. I was so happy to see two plants included with the others I had ordered.
Positive DonnieBrook
Southwest , NH (Zone 5b)
May 7, 2013
This is the best plant order I have ever received, and the customer service was excellent. I ordered 13 coleus, and every one of them was very healthy because of the careful packaging. The labeling on each plant was exceptional, with a printed plant marker for each one. I would give them my highest rating.
Positive tinga
Queens Village, NY
May 4, 2013
Beautiful plants, beautifully packaged! I order from a lot of different online plant companies and I'm always interested in the packaging styles. My first order from Rosy Dawn just arrived and it's the best I have ever seen. Simple, effective and almost completely recyclable. The plants are healthy and large for the price.

Service is outstanding as well. I asked that the two orders I had placed during the winter be combined and delayed due to illness, and they had no problem with that. Bravo! Recommended without reservation.
Positive dmm0126
Savannah, GA
April 23, 2013
I ordered ten plants from them of varying varieties of coleus. I received an email letting me know the plants were shipping and to keep an eye out. They arrived quickly and in great shape. The plants were bigger than I thought (I was thinking baby seedling size) these were about the size you'd get in any garden center in a flat or small transplant pot. Some of them are already 6". They all look great and seem quite healthy. I also like how there's just the root ball, it will make for a much easier and cleaner transplant. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good or unique coleus.
Positive BrisbaneAnne
Brisbane, CA (Zone 10b)
March 31, 2013
I have the same excellent experience from other reviewers. Wonderfully packaged plants, arrived fast and in great shape, clearly labeled, helpful communication from the vendor, very informative website. I am a coleus fan. Will definitely order from them again. Highly recommend it.
Positive steadycam3
Houston Heights, TX (Zone 9a)
March 29, 2013
I ordered 10 coleus from RDG and I potted up my plants and they look teriffic. The plants were shipped in individual tubes inside a box padded with crushed paper. These folk know what they are doing. This was my first order from them and I will order again in the future.
Positive ge1836
Pittsford, NY (Zone 6a)
May 14, 2012
Posted on January 19, 2011, updated May 14, 2012
Posted on May 5, 2008, updated January 19, 2011
I am totaly delighted.
The plants came in simple, secure, safe wrap ,and moist.
There was even a bonus plant or two.
I like that kind of customer care.
I will definatly order next year.
On January 19th, 2011, ge1836 added the following:

Wonderful service from Rosey Dawn.
My 2011 order was changed without a problem.
On May 14th, 2012, ge1836 added the following:

My 4th year with their coleus. Still the same great service and shipping.
Plants always arrive fresh.
Positive denisemb
Ocala, FL (Zone 9a)
April 25, 2012
Beautiful, healthy plants packaged with care. Will order from them again.
Positive kafka00
Alexandria, LA (Zone 8b)
March 24, 2012
Very pleased!! Pre-sales questions answered by helpful co-owner. E-mail notification that my plants had shipped, told when to expect them, and told to notify the PO and Rosy Dawn if they did not arrive by then. Received beautiful plants on schedule, carefully wrapped. Excellent company!
Positive nymegen
Auburn, NH (Zone 5a)
May 26, 2011
Posted on April 27, 2010, updated May 26, 2011
Just plain wonderful,all plants received in perfect condition. Coleus are great in size and quality and will definitively do more bussiness with them! Also received a great looking bonus plant. Outstanding service !
On May 26th, 2011, nymegen added the following:

This is the second year I have ordered with this wonderful company and again wonderful plants,packaging and shipping.You can not go wrong with them!!!!
Positive bigpaapap
Mount Laurel, NJ
May 18, 2011
I lived in Michigan for most of my life, and had never heard of RDG, until the last 6 months (after doing some research on Coleus), and coming across their web site my interest really peaked after my wife bought a coleus home last year, it was absolutely beautiful, couldn't tell you the name. But none the less, I am totally enthralled with all of them. Received my shipment today, arrived in flawless condition, can't wait to get them growing. Excellent company will definitely be doing business again. Trying to decide on your choice coleus is next to impossible. Got a bonus Handy Andy, and trying to find the particulars on it, with no success. I tip my hat to RDG. They really take pride in their product.
Positive mad4roses
Georgetown, TX (Zone 8a)
March 21, 2011
These people really know what they're doing.

All the plants I received were very healthy and of the optimum size for planting. The careful packaging must have taken considerable time as each plant had it's rootball wrapped in such a way that none of the tiny leaves at the base were damaged, yet the rootball itself was completely secure. Each plant was also encased in a cardboard tube that prevented any damage to the larger leaves.

I also received two bonus plants that were obviously chosen to compliment my other selections. I'm very impressed with the quality of the plants and the care they take in shipping their plants. Highly recommended and will definitely order from them again.
Positive amjdmck
Great Barrington, MA
October 26, 2010
I placed a fairly large order last spring and was extremely pleased with the plants and packaging. I followed their instructions and every plant is now HUGE. I just brought them inside a few weeks ago and now have a beautiful display of coleus plants in my bay window for the upcoming winter. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Positive tepesridge
Catoosa, OK
June 16, 2010
My ONLY complaint with Rosy Dawn is that they aren't open year round.
I LOVE their plants, big healthy, huge selection, great packaging, great customer support. Pam is wonderful!
Positive detroitspeed
Detroit, MI (Zone 5b)
May 31, 2010
Everything everyone has said is true. I have ordered from Rosy Dawn for a few years now and they are outstanding. Their selection of Coleus is amazing and the only tough part is trying to narrow down your choices. You want Coleus? Look no further.
Positive duckmother
North Little Rock, AR (Zone 7b)
May 11, 2010
This my first time to order from Rosy Dawn. Wow! The plants are perfect and nicely sized. If they grow nearly as well as they were shipped, they will grow to the size of of Jack's Beanstalk :o)
Positive luvblueridgemtn
(Zone 7b)
April 16, 2010
Great, healthy plants. Packaging great. Love this company. Have bought from them before and will buy again.
Positive Dodsky
Smiths Grove, KY (Zone 6b)
April 2, 2010
I received my first order with RDG yesterday and was very happy with the quality of the plants and how well they had been prepared for shipping. As other people have attested, this is an excellent nursery all-around. With excellent customer service, good communication, high quality plants, a wide selection of cultivars, and fair prices I would definitely recommend purchasing your coleus plants from RDG.
Positive onewish1
Denville, NJ (Zone 6b)
April 1, 2010
Posted on May 12, 2007, updated April 1, 2010
4 Trailing Plum Brocade Coleus, aka Swinging Linda
2 Trailing Salamander Coleus
2 Strawberry Drop Coleus

My order arrived a few days ago... wonderful shipping... plants arrived rolled up in corrugated cardboard... today they look like they were never packed up and shipped.. This is the first mail order plant shipment I received out of many many orders from other companies... that rebounded so quickly after shipping... wish I could post a picture to show you how great these plants look...

Great Seller!!!!
On April 1st, 2010, onewish1 added the following:

fantastic plants again this year... photos are in my diary

Positive ZoarGardener
Bolivar, OH
March 31, 2010
Posted on February 10, 2010, updated March 31, 2010
Absolutely the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I will happily remain a customer in the future.
On March 31st, 2010, ZoarGardener added the following:

3/31/10 My plants arrived today and they are gorgeous! They are probably the best quality mail order plants I have ever received...very healthy, nice size, good root systems, obviously very well grown. Packaged very securely for shipping with hardly a single leaf out of place. I will most definitely be a repeat customer!
Positive paulgrow
Allen Park, MI (Zone 6a)
May 25, 2009
Excellent plants, packed very well. Shipped on day promised.
Great variety of coleus.
Positive Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH (Zone 6b)
April 25, 2009
I've been ordering from Rosy Dawn for several years, they are fantastic people to work with, and will bend over backwards to make sure that you are satisfied.
Positive frahnzone5
Bensenville, IL (Zone 5a)
April 24, 2009
My first order from this company via DG coleus coop. Got the plants on the date I requested. They were big, beautiful and superbly packaged. I will definitely order from them again and would highly recommend their plants to anyone.
Positive lexx349
Huntington, WV (Zone 6a)
April 23, 2009
Just received my coleus yesterday. What a great company, the plants were healthy and packaged well. None were damaged in shipping or as I unpacked them. Great company.
Positive hmingbrd
Sebastian, FL (Zone 9b)
April 17, 2009
This is the first company I've encountered that lets you CHOOSE your shipping date! Wow! I chose the earliest available date, which was 6 days from the day I placed the order. My plants arrived right on time, they were in beautiful shape, and they sent an additional 3 'bonus' plants in addition to the 6 I purchased. I highly recommend this company.
Positive Snug_As_Bug_Rug
Sterling, VA (Zone 7a)
April 3, 2009
My coleus arrived on 1 April 09--one day after shipment!!

I cannot rave enough at the superior quality of the plants and the way they were packaged. Every plant was meticulously wrapped, an outward sign of pride, patience, and TLC. There were no signs of insect damage, and, there were bonus/free plants too!. An A-plus rating. I would definitely order from them again.
Snug, :o)
Positive flowerfantasy
Washington, IN (Zone 6a)
April 2, 2009
The Coleus were absolutely gorgeous. Thank You very much for the extra one . Will buy from you again! packing was a great job done too.
Positive LindaCA
Concord, CA (Zone 9a)
March 30, 2009
I ordered for the first time through the co-op. The plants were bigger than I expected, healthy and they sent a bonus plant. I would order from them again!
Positive Florida9
Palm Harbor, FL (Zone 9b)
March 26, 2009
I just started trying to grow coleus, and just got my first order from Rosy Dawn. Wow, are they great! Well established, branched plants packaged so well not a leaf was damaged. They shipped on Sat. and were in FL by Monday. RDG has gotten me off to a great start, and I hope to be adding more varieties from them each year. They even threw in a bonus plant, thoughtlfully color matched to my purchase. This felt like real personal care, especially appreciated since mine was such a small order (1 ea. of 4 types.) Thanks, RD.
Positive personalblack
Neenah, WI
July 7, 2008
WOW what a great place. I ordered over $100.00 worth of Coleus plants and every one was healthy and beautiful. The way they wrap and ship the plants is unbelievable. It must take a very long time to do so. I am soooo impressed with this place. I highly recommend it!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic plants!!!!!
You have to try them!!!!!!!!
Positive revclaus
(Judith) Denver, CO (Zone 5b)
May 15, 2008
This was the first time I've ordered from Rosy Dawn. Here's what I said to them in my thank you note (I don't usually send thank-you notes to vendors!).

I just received my order, and can't tell you how pleased I am. Now I know what all the Dave's Gardeners were talking about when they raved about Rosy Dawn. And thank you, too, for the lovely Purple Emperor you added as a bonus! It goes perfectly with all the other coleus I've kept over the winter, and I can't wait to plant my "coleus container" in a few days. I'm also very impressed with the packing, unique! Thanks!
Positive pattybotanic
Lansdale, PA
May 1, 2008
I have been ordering coleus from Rosy Dawn for about 5 years. Got my shipment today and all 12 or so varieties were lush and healthy and gorgeous and carefully packaged as usual. They are small but that doesn't make a difference with coleus being as they grow so fast.

This is an excellent company all around. They have a huge selection & the web site has been updated - very easy to use with great pictures.

I've been ordering plants for about 25 years and this company is one of my top 5 all time favorites.
On April 17th, 2009, pattybotanic added the following:

Received my 2009 order yesterday. As usual, lovingly packaged, healthy youngsters. A superior company.
Positive pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY (Zone 7a)
April 30, 2008
Everything Hemhostaholic said is true. Fantastic packaging, great plants and not a single leaf missing while it made it's way from Michigan to NY. Excellent plants, delivery as promised. I'd definitely do business with them again and again.
Positive texaslynn
Cypress, TX
April 29, 2008
I found this company through a search engine as I was looking for a specific coleus. I was a bit concerned about ordering from a company that I had never done business with nor ever heard of............

I was so pleased when the plants arrived. They were packed very well and looked almost fresh when taken out of the packaging. I repotted them into small individual 4" pots (to let the root balls expand), watered them and put them in a shady spot and with one to two days, the plants looked like they had never been shipped or anything!

I will definitely order from this company again......most certainly one of the best mail orders that I have ever received (and trust me, I have received a lot of them over the years from a lot of different companies!!!)

Rating: POSITIVE and then some!

Positive Hemhostaholic
Scranton, PA (Zone 5b)
April 23, 2008
Rosy Dawn was rec. by a fellow DG'er...and OMG...WOOOOWW!
All of the coleus came individually wrapped. So much care was taken for their shipping! Unwrapping each coleus was like christmas all over!
The size of the coleus is amazing! Hands down cheaper, better looking, and more healthy than the "specialty" coleus I can get locally at nurseries/garden centers!
Customer Satisfaction: OUTSTANDING!
Plant Material: TOTALLY AWESOME!
I will definitely be a repeat customer of Rosy Dawns!!!
Positive ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA (Zone 9b)
April 15, 2008
This is my second order and I couldn't be happier! Amazing plants.. extras, fast shipping, just amazing! Rosy Dawn Gardens has to be the online leader for best coleus plants, service, prices, and speed.. I am just thrilled!
Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
April 10, 2008
Truly outstanding plants and service! Ordering online was easy. Communication after the sale was excellent. The plants were shipped on the date expected, confirmation was received, and the plants arrived quickly in perfect condition. The packing was superb. Each plant was healthy and beautiful, with not even a broken stem. I am very impressed! This is the way a mail-order nursery should be run.

Now I only wish I could order one of each of their plants. Thank you Rosy Dawn Gardens.

Positive Wyfe_of_Ent
Mobile, AL
April 8, 2008
Just got my shipment of coleus from Rosy Dawn, and the plants were in superb shape. The packaging was simple but perfectly designed to protect the plants during shipping.