The scoop on 'Flora Exotica'

Flora Exotica

Flora Exotica has 283 products listed in PlantScout.

Montreal, Quebec H4M 1N2
(Canada)

Visit Flora Exotica at:

This company is affiliated with OneDollarSeedStore.com

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on October 17, 2004:
We strive to bring you the most exotic and beautiful plants from every corner of the world. We have plants originated from the area of Amazon, Madagascar, Africa, Mediterranean, Australia, and from countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, China, Japan, Korean, Mexico, Brazil, etc...Check out our unique collection of fragrant flowers, citrus and tropical fruits, bamboo, lotus as well as hardy plants suitable for Canadian climate. Order from us and you will have the satisfaction and peace-of-mind for the quality of our products, the services, and after-sale support. Happy growing ! Together, we can help with protecting the environment, reducing pollution, and preserving earth's bio-diversity.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive mitchelleel
June 16, 2014
The owner Emailed answers to me as often, for any clarification,as needed. He explained and listed his items for sale very well. I was really, really impressed with how he packaged my order so well !!!
The payment was smooth using Paypal and the order was shipped quite quickly.
Thank you again.
Positive alsplant
Regina
May 23, 2014
Having lost all my house plants this last January I contacted Flora Exotica and with the help of Perry ordered 5 new plants - from lemon tree to flowering plants to cuttings. I live in western Canada so plants were shipped in May - they arrived on the 20th - it is warm enough to safely ship. They arrived in a huge box with 3 long poles keeping the box intact - all plants were in plastic or paper wrapping and heavily taped up - all plants arrived with no damage. To my surprise all the plants were larger and healthier than I expected - I thought they would all be smaller starter plants - they all look like they have been here for a while - they look great. Thanks to Perry and Flora Exotica for all the help and the plants. I highly recommend Flora Exotica for where ever you live and looking for plants - they do a great job.
Positive ChrisJordan
May 9, 2014
Hi Perry, I was wondering if you can contact me, I'm interested in ordering some Plumerias. I see that you have small potted Plumerias for $35, I would like to know what type do you have available?

In Toronto, Ontario

Thanks
Chris
chrisjordan25@gmail.com
Neutral clairevoyante
Montreal
March 18, 2014
Hi!
I have tried to contact this seller about a week ago and still haven't got an answer. Does anyone know if it is still in business? I am interested in buying a dwarf lime tree, or any lime tree which can be kept inside during winter, and therefore doesn't get too big (not higher than a meter, preferably). I know some other places sell them in Montreal, but at a higher price and much later in spring/summer. I'm to excited about getting one and I'd like to get one asap.

Ps: if lime trees are no longer available, I would also be interested in getting a Meyer Lemon tree instead. I know these exist in dwarf sizes, or half-dwarf sizes.

Thank you!
Company representative comment on March 18, 2014:
On Mar 18, 2014 7:32 PM, Flora Exotica responded with:

Hi there,

If you don't get a reply in 1-2 weeks, your email may have been placed in the SPAM box by Gmail .

Just resend the email with a different subject line ( not too generic like : plant order , inquiry ...) .

This is our cell phone in case email fails: 514-268-2323

Thanks.

Positive caustine
Ottawa
December 31, 2013
I have been searching for a split leaf philodendron for some time and have been having trouble finding one until I came across the Flora Exotica site. They have a flat shipping rate that might seem a little high but you can order more than one plant on the same shipping ticket. I emailed them about my concerns about ordering a tropical plant in the middle of Winter and I must say this company is very good with email communication.
I ordered the plant on a Saturday and received it on the following Monday. It was delivered by car right to my door, and oh boy was it well packaged up. The plant was not only in perfect condition it was much larger all around than what I figured it would be from the site's description....much bigger...well worth the money I payed for it.
I am going to order again in the Spring and this time it will be a bigger order. I have complete confidence in this company now.
Positive KarenMcO
Montreal
September 3, 2013
My whole experience with this company was A1 and professional. My email request was responded to in detail and very quickly. In visiting the location for pick up I was treated with the greatest respect and courtesy. My tip was even refused (amazing?) They went out of their way to re-pot 6 plants for me for no extra charge and the pricing for what I received was extraordinarily reasonable. I would recommend them to anyone and will definitely go back should I need anything else.
Negative cluckabout
Roseneath
July 24, 2013
On May 15th I placed an order for 2 Pandan plants and made the payment of $65 through PayPal to Flora Exotica. Right up till today, I have yet to hear anything from the company about my order. I am terribly disappointed.
Company representative comment on July 27, 2013:
On Jul 27, 2013 9:52 PM, Flora Exotica responded with:

Wish you had contacted us earlier . The last email we received from you is on May 13 (below), stating that you would send a cheque. We did not receive your cheque. Did you send payment by some other methods ?

Hi Perry,

Thank you for your response below.
Please reserve for me the following ...

I will send out the cheque once I received your reply.

Thank you.

On Jul 28, 2013 12:27 AM, Flora Exotica added:

Found your payment in PayPal . The email notice that PayPal normally sent out somehow did not reach us. Will process your order next week.

Thanks.

Positive bunion
Niagara on the Lake
June 28, 2013
Posted on June 28, 2013, updated June 28, 2013
Posted on November 17, 2011, updated June 28, 2013
I recently ordered two hoya plants from Flora Exotica. My request was answered immediately, I was advised that the plants would only be shipped weather permitting. They notified me when they were shipped with a tracking number giving me precise advice on their journey. They arrived in three days, I was notified immediately thanks to the tracking requested by Flora Exotica. The plants were in perfect condition, packed well, not a leaf broken complete with hangers for the pots and a supply of slow release fertilizer. I'd do business with this company again in a heart beat. They are very professional people, helpful and a pleasure to do business with.

On June 28th, 2013, bunion added the following:

I ordered two clivia plants from Flora Exotica last week. Perry immediately confirmed my order and said that shipment was scheduled for June 25/2013, with time of arrival to be June 28/2013. I received an email from the post office allowing me to track the plants each day during the shipping. I picked them up today June 28/2013 right on time and in perfect condition. One plant was in full bloom, and not one of the blooms were crushed or disfigured. Every leaf on both plants was lush, green and without any damage due to the shipping. I found the entire experience of dealing with Flora Exotica very effortless, from the time I placed the order until the plants were set on the table at my home! It is certainly a plant source that I would recommend especially if you're looking for a rare plant and want quality and care.

On June 28th, 2013, bunion added the following:

Positive ylang
flesherton
June 11, 2013
Posted on July 17, 2010, updated June 11, 2013
I have had the pleasure of buying a lot of plants from Perry. This time he was able to get me some tree's that I have been trying to get for years from the states but no one was willing to ship them to Canada I have them now there beautiful and can't say thanks enough. way to go Perry!
On June 11th, 2013, ylang added the following:

I just got a fantastic ylang ylang and a Michelia alba from Perry don't believe any negatives should be on this site .Perry will work with you
Positive Sylvia_A_M
Medicine Hat, Alberta
May 26, 2013
I bought a synsepalum dulcificum bush from Perry at the beginning of May. He promised that he'd send me a plant of at least two feet tall and he also told me that he'd ship it on the 6th of May, which he did! The plant arrived three days later and was almost three feet tall and was in perfect health!! I am 100% happy with ordering from Flora Exotica and I definitely WILL buy from him from now on! Thank you so very much, Perry!!
Positive QuBik
Quebec
May 21, 2013
Posted on May 6, 2013, updated May 21, 2013
I contacted Perry many times and he mostly never or rarely answer emails. I had a few questions concerning my order but, I never obtained satisfaction. Each email brought its load of confusion, price changing, unknown shipping cost, etc,. plus some long waiting days before I could reach him.

I really did more than my best to conclude a transaction for plants. Finally, earlier today, I insisted to use UPS as suggested by Perry, instead of Canada Post who doesn't deliver anymore to home in my sector. I asked Perry to get informed about the shipping cost because, I had no idea of the weight and box size he would use for shipping.

The guy told he had no time to deal with this and asked I fix it myself with UPS, he was using Canada Post, that's it. There were so many mistakes in his emails, price changing, etc,. that it provoked an avalanche of emails to clarify the situation.

Flora Exotica is not to be recommended as far as I'm concerned.
On May 21st, 2013, QuBik changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Finally, I came to an agreement with Perry, ordered a few plants and was more than satisfied about the fast delivery and quality. I repotted my two Impatiens siamniamensis and they nicely recover from the shipping stress. Flora Exotica is definitely the place I recommend.
Positive cfelix
West Kelowna
October 30, 2012
I was so skeptical about purchasing live plants via mail order across the country! Flora Exotica did a phenomenal packing job. The plants arrived PERFECT. Perry was most helpful with all my questions. Will be ordering again. Thanks Fora E.
Positive mitchellmorse
Vancouver
September 19, 2012
I was excited to find such an array of exotic plants, and placed my order. I was pleasantly surprised to get my order promptly and in such great condition, as well as a free gift! I would definitely recommend this business. I was skeptical about ordering live plants online, but I was proven wrong. Thank you! Look forward to another order in the future!
Positive lpaquette
ottawa
September 14, 2012
Placed my order on tuesday later afternoon and thursday am my plants had arrived . Very happy with the two bird of paradise very healthy exactly as described .Thanks to Perry who answered all my questions and did a excellent job in the packing of the plants ,( canada post had made a mess with the box ) but the plants were not damaged thanks again Perry!!!
Louise from Hammond ont canada
Positive Manxcat
Norwich On.
September 13, 2012
I just received my first purchase from Flora Exotica, and I am as pleased as pleased can be! Their site is user friendly, all my questions regarding my purchase were answered without hesitation and honestly, and the shipping time was fabulous.

My hoya is healthy, lush and perfect. I would not hesitate for an instance to order again from this company. It's been a delightful experience all round

Manxcat, Ontario Canada
Positive Eleonora69
September 11, 2012
Posted on April 5, 2012, updated September 11, 2012
I have severe Winter Blues, and I discovered that blooming plants help me a lot. I started locking for some Tropical plants that will bloom in Fall and Winter here in Canada, but it is not easy because it is not too popular to care for houseplants here.Recently I ordered 7 Tropical plants from http://www.floraexotica.ca. I found many of them here that I wanted. Plants were shipped to me from Montreal. I had hard time to believe they'll be OK. And today I've got all of them in perfect condition. I am so happy. Thank you very much. They are just adorable and exactly as on the description.. Now I will order plants by the Internet without hesitation. Thanks again
On September 11th, 2012, Eleonora69 added the following:

Last June I ordered from Perry second time. It was Magnolia Alba, Banana Shrub, Magnolia Coco. Perry does magic with plants. All plants are exotic and hard to find on the market especially in Canada.
His packaging is excellent too, so you get your plants delivered to your door in great condition. I am very happy about my plants. They are doing great, many started blooming by now.
The only I want to mentioned here that when one buying plants from nurseries, always check the soil. Nurseries have schedule for re-potting, watering and fertilizing. There is a big chance your plant needs some soil improvement and fertilizing as well. And don't forget to check soil Ph for acid loving plants.
Positive bbritt
Christiana, PA
July 27, 2012
I requested Flora Exotica ship a Medinilla Magnifica to my mother in California, who had recently had a stroke. It was important to me that it get there quickly and be in perfect shape. Perry responded to my email promptly and offered multiple options for purchase, shipping, and payment. He followed through exactly as requested. The plant arrived in excellent condition. I anticipate making Flora Exotica a "favorite" for my future plant/floral purchases!
Positive vero01
alberta
July 3, 2012
My order arrived today and Perry did a very good job about packaging for shipment. My Mountain Apple ,Calamansi,Sugar Apple... are in very good shape .I am very happy and i would recommend or buy plant again from this company.
Positive Pali
Surrey
June 20, 2012
I ordered a Bo plant and and I would say I am so thrilled the way it was delivered to me fast and safely .2ft plant came in very good condition.I was expecting to see something bad happen to the plant since it came from Montreal to Vancouver I was surprised.Don't hesitate to order any plant from FloraExotica, they come safe and sound.
Positive isande
Linden, VA
June 14, 2012
Posted on June 13, 2012, updated June 14, 2012
I placed two orders for seeds a month apart. The second order arrived without any problems but after two months I have still not received the first order and my emails regarding this have gone unanswered. I'm starting to think that I'm being ignored...
On June 14th, 2012, isande changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Just heard back from Perry, who has offered to replace the missing order. I am changing my rating to positive.
Positive passiehead
Ridgefield, CT
June 6, 2012
Truly suprised by the outstanding size and quality of the plants I ordered. Perry is a true professional . Everything is as described on the website. Plants are actually larger than what I expected.I just received my order today and I am already making a list for my next order! I deal with seven different plant mail order nurseries and this is by far the finest!!!

Donald from CT
Positive Melissa6869
Vineyards, FL
May 11, 2012
I had looked all over for a Medinilla Magnifica, I found it through them. They stayed in contact with me..and followed through with everything they said they would do!The plant exceeded my expectations..it is large and blooming! Wonderful seller..I would highly recommend and would not hesitate in ordering from them in the future! Fabulous...if you will MAGNIFICA!
Positive timeisnow
Borden-Carleton
May 4, 2012
I live on the East Coast and received my citrus trees from Flora Exotia after two days of transit. They were in excellent shape, I certainly am pleased. All I have to do now is watch the lemons ripen! I have no problem with placing another order.
Regards, George
Positive gsteinbe
Trenton, NJ
April 6, 2012
Posted on April 5, 2012, updated April 6, 2012
My order took a bit of time to settle (some things weren't in stock but substitutes were worked out and a few late additions were added on). My order was shipped one day and, to my pleasant surprise, arrived the next. The items were good-sized, apparently healthy plants and seeds. I'm very pleased, especially since Flora Exotica has many items hard to find elsewhere (Sugar Cane, True Cinnamon, Bougainvillea, Chinese Toon, Gynura procumbens, and such). I've emailed Perry a question about the Chinese Toon (about its hardiness) but haven't heard back yet. I'm really hoping to get an answer. While answering customer questions after a sale, especially during a busy shipping time, is perhaps going a little above and beyond the call of duty for a mail-order nursery, it's still good form, and I'd really like to know if the Chinese Toon is safe to plant out in zone 6 or if it'll need a couple more years of growth before it will be hardy enough to withstand our winter. The survival of the plant might depend on whether I get an answer or not.
On April 6th, 2012, gsteinbe added the following:

I got an answer.
Positive dhughes1956
Charlottetown
March 23, 2012
Well I have nothing but praise for Perry at Flora Exotica. After getting a few suggestion from Perry for my sunroom I placed an order on Monday March 19, Perry shipped the three plants on Wednesday March 21 and I received the healthy plants first thing Friday morning March 23. Now that is fast! I have to admit we both are in Canada so shipping to other places outside Canada may not be as quick. Plants were as ordered (actually a little bigger) and both the Myers lemon and baby orange trees had fruit on them. The Osmanthus fragrans was ordered as a 2-3 foot plant. The one that arrived was 4 feet. Thanks again Perry.

Doug in PEI, Canada
Positive amomum
Eugene, OR
February 27, 2012
Posted on January 16, 2012, updated February 27, 2012
Posted on October 17, 2011, updated January 16, 2012
On Sept. 15 I ordered a vanilla plant, vanilla cuttings and a cinnamon plant. I told Perry this was for shipment to Eugene, Oregon. On Sept. 27, I heard back from Perry, who told me to send him 95$ via Paypal. I did so. He then mailed the plants to the address in Boston,MA listed on Paypal. I did not know that Paypal gives out shipping addresses when not asked to do so, and Perry never confirmed this address with me. I had moved to Eugene from Boston at the beginning of September. Perry said the plants were delivered to Boston and there was nothing he could do. on Oct. 9, I told him I was very unhappy about this and I received no reply. It is now Oct. 17. 95$ down the tubes! Don't order from Flora Exotica- horrible customer service.
On January 16th, 2012, amomum added the following:

When you make an order to Flora Exotica, you have to specify where you are sending it to *so they can calculate shipping.* I specified Eugene, Oregon, and I was given a shipping price. Which I was charged.

Now, you either "didn't notice" that my oregon was going to Oregon, and thus shipped it to my old address in Boston listed in Paypal without telling me (I had just moved to Oregon - and furthermore, what if this was a gift????), or you *lied* about calculating the shipping, since you charged me *the same shipping to ship to Boston from Montreal as to ship across the country to Oregon.*

Furthermore, you never replied directly to me when I emailed you about this. You only responded to this site. You only care that more people will order from you, and not what happens to them once they do. You have terrible customer's service.

Beware, other customers!
On February 27th, 2012, amomum changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Perry issued me a partial refund of 35$
Company representative comment on January 18, 2012:
On Oct 17, 2011 10:37 PM, Flora Exotica responded with:

Vera,

The first thing to do now is to update your PayPal shipping address so that your future online purchases will be shipped to you instead of your old address in Boston. This is because eBay and PayPal allows automatic printing of shipping labels, so most sellers do take advantage of this feature.

As mentioned on our email to you on October 08, since you did not send a full shipping address to replace the one in PayPal, the shipping label is automatically printed using your shipping address in PayPal. Now that the merchandise has been delivered, and the Post Office has rendered their services, we can not make any claim to provide you with a refund. We have also suggested that you contact the people at the old address, who may be kind enough to re-direct the shipment to you. Please feel free to contact us if there is any thing else we can help with.

On Jan 18, 2012 3:08 PM, Flora Exotica added:

Dear Vera,

Each of your question sent to us via Email has been politely answered. Your email about this problem, sent Oct 08, was answered the same day, directly to your email address. Even your latest 'threatening' email was politely answered with an offer for a partial refund. We do take good care of our customers, but we cannot help customers who provide a wrong shipping address (either directly or via PayPal).

Positive cayvietnam
Albany, WY
October 8, 2011
I live in Wyoming, USA. Recently, I bought plants from Flora Exotica. They arrived so quickly that I can't believe they came from Canada so quickly, only 4 days after I ordered. The plants arrived just on time before the snow came. The three Lolot, Feuille BBQ plants arrived in excellent condition. Mr. Perry took time to pack each plant very thoughtfully. Each plant was supported with a bamboo stake so the plants would not be crushed during travel. There is no damage to any single leaf when they arrived. I will use the Lolot leaves to wrap sliced beef with seasoning, soy sauce, garlic, pepper and honey, then fry them with a little oil. They will have a delicious flavor that everyone will love.

All of the other baby plants also arrived in excellent condition, and the leaves are very green. I am a plant lover, and I have bought plants from many different places. Flora Exotica has good prices, good selection and packs each plant carefully. The plants I purchased from Flora Exotica are great additions to my indoor herb garden.
Positive ken45
Kaslo
October 2, 2011
Twice I have bought plants and seeds from Flora Exotica and each time they arrived in better shape than I expected. All the plants were alive and some have started to bloom since. The tender Exotic plants, as I expected, take some time to adapt to my climate, and I have had to learn what each of them require.
The true Cinnamon plant that I purchased last year is growing and survived the trip from Montreal to my place through very adverse (fall) conditions. All my plants were well packaged and I was able to see the plants progress as they moved towards their final destination in rural Western Canada .
Positive Maddog230
Regina
September 22, 2011
I live on the other side of Canada. Ordered two Sweet Olives, a Magnolia Coco and a Parrot Plant. All four plants arrived in excellent shape. Floraexoctica kept me informed of the progress of the order and Canada Post (who provided tracking information) surprised me by having it arrive early.

The plants were packed well in the box. There was one loose leaf in the box when it arrived which had fallen off the Parrot plant. The Parrot plant then lost another leaf shortly after arrival, but now two weeks later new leaves are sprouting and it is starting to bloom, so obviously it is doing quite well.

One of the Sweet Olives is also blooming.

All four plants are healthy and showing new growth. Not sure if they suffered any trauma from the trip, but it obviously was very short lived if they did.
Positive rickilloyd
hagersville
July 7, 2011
I have been buying trees from Perry for over 2 years now.I'm very happy with the quality of what I order.Shipping is fast and his prices are very reasonable as well.I collect bonsai trees and we dont have many places where we can find rare trees in Canada.Flora Exotica fills that void.I recommend this company to every plant lover .
Positive amyphaseshift
Dixon, IL
June 10, 2011
I am not a person who has much "luck" with plants. I heard about a specific plant that is one that is said to have certain healing properties for a chronic condition that I have. I really wanted this plant. Which meant, I had to get it and grow it. I ordered it from Perry. He responded to all my emails. He sent me directions on how to care for the plant. The plants progress was easy to track as it traveled. I did phone Perry a couple times. He helped with all my questions. Most of all, the plants arrived in great shape! Even, I, who when plants in the stores see me coming, they play dead, could see that these plants were healthy and vibrant. They must not have known that they were coming to my house. I sent a photo of the plants to another person who distributes the same plant. He is helping me in other areas. He said he was impressed with how healthy the plants appeared to be in the photos. Now, he should know! So, this is day two. Day one, I cut some of the tops as I was directed and they are in water waiting to grow some roots. Then I will pot them. Perry also sent me what to do with the plants now that I have them. Very good support from Perry on this plant mission in which I find myself. Peace
Positive HattieGhost
Coalmont
May 25, 2011
We ordered a large key lime tree. Perry had to wait until the weather cooperated to send it (we live in a very cold climate) but we understood that was a wise decision. *S* The tree arrived healthy, REALLY BIG, covered in blossoms and little fruits and beautiful! We hope to deal with you again in the future. Fabulous company and perfect product! Thanks!!!
Negative flora123123
Minnedosa
May 18, 2011
Posted on May 8, 2011, updated May 18, 2011
I e-mailed Perry on March 24, 2011 asking him if he had an Amazon Lily, a Cybidium Orchid and a Clivia plant available and what the shipping would be. He promptly e-mailed me back on March 25, 2011 saying that they where all available, what each plant costs and what the shipping would be. I sent my payment for all three plants on March 28, 2011 by paypal. I e-mailed Perry on March 28th and on the 29th to see if he received my payment. I got no reply from him. I e-mailed him again on April 2, 2011 asking if he got my payment and when I could expect shipment of my plants. I finally got an e-mail in reply. He said that he received my payment and that they where watching the temperature in their area, the temperature in my area and the temperatures along the truck route. It is now May. I e-mailed him on the 3rd of May asking when I could expect my shipment . I did not receive a reply. I e-mailed again on May 5th and still no reply. I've noticed he's shipped plants to Yarmouth Canada (April 8, 2011), The UK (March 17, 2011) and to Oregon (March 28, 2011). Wondering when I'm going to get the plants I paid for and the condition they'll arive in. I'm tired of getting no response to my enquires.
On May 18th, 2011, flora123123 added the following:

I ended up phoning Perry on May 8th. He said he could ship two of the three plants out the next day. The Clivia plant would have to wait because they were treating it for a bug infestations. (I was okay with this). The Amazon Lily and the Cymbidium Orchid arrived on the 15 of May. The box was smaller than I expected. The plants were alive, but the Amazon Lily's leaves were mangled and broken. The plant looks like it went thru a wind storm. The Cymbidium Orchid arrived with leaf spot and it has scale bugs. It was smaller than expected and most of the big bulbs in the plant are black and dead. Only two main stems in the plant remain and both are badly infected with leaf spot. Can't wait to see what the Clivia plant looks like when it arrives.
Positive bbetv
North Glengarry , ON (Zone 5a)
May 16, 2011
I just picked up my order of seeds and plants today, on site by appointment. I am very pleased with the plants that I ordered. They are in great shape. I saw many of the plants that Perry sells and none were dead or dying. In fact, he had beautiful specimens!
Many had fruit on them or were in flower. A real joy to admire his specimens!
Admintingly, on occasion, Perry was difficult to get a hold of, however, when communicating with him he is polite and helpful and was indeed a wealth of information in person as well. As far as I take it, this operation is a small business , and as a small business owner myself, I understand that the quantity of emails can, at some times, become overwhelming.
1$ seed shop! How can anyone beat that? I am sure that my exotics will do well, and I am certain that, if I should have any problems, Perry will be helpful and accomodating.
I think that I will end up becoming a regular patron of Flora Exotica!
Positive denisestone
Yarmouth
April 8, 2011
Amazing Service and great quality plants!! Perry was always very quick to get back to me as I emailed him back and forth with many questions. I got received my 2 trees in wonderful condition. The lemon tree was full with lemons and the dwarf orange had an orange on it ready to eat!! The trees are extremely healthy and the plants were shipped very nicely!!
THANKS!!
Positive hoodview
Oregon City, OR
March 23, 2011
Given some knowledge about climatic requirements for native North American cypripedium species, they can be very rewarding to grow in the garden or in containers. They are frequently purchased as dormant "eyes" with a root mass, looking very tender and vulnerable at first. While they do need appropriate treatment, they grow quite quickly after planting. I've grown a fair number of cypripedium species in my Oregon garden. While I've purchased from a number of suppliers, the plants I received from Flora Exotica have been the healthiest I've ever gotten. Shipping was amazingly fast, they were well-packed, so I'm confident they will grow quickly into robust plants.
Positive casroxy
March 18, 2011
Living in the UK I was a concerned as to what condition plants ordered from Canada would arrive in. Flora Exotica has been so helpful with advice on caring for the cuttings I ordered. They arrived in good condition and have perked up even more since then. I look forward to ordering more plants in the future.
Positive InternetGuy
Mississauga
March 17, 2011
I order 2 plants from Perry and he has great service and plants
wonderful experience with him, recommend to other ppl
Positive B0tticelli
Franklin, MA
October 7, 2010
I ordered a soursop and a sugar apple from Perry. I have to say I was very (pleasantly) shocked because I had no idea they were coming so big! I was expecting them much smaller... they look very healthy too, with glossy pretty leaves. I could not believe the size because of the cost of shipping from Canada. I purchased one smaller tree that cost me twice as much to ship (in the US). Perry has been super gracious, promptly answering all of my questions. I will most certainly purchase some more plants from him!
Positive norwish
Mississauga
September 3, 2010
I ordered 4 plants: Bodhi Tree, Cycad, Parrot Plant and Gingko.
All 4 arrived in excellent condition, only 2 days after they were shipped. Soil was still moist, and all the plants looked amazing. Perry stayed in contact with me and answered all my emails, which I was grateful for.

I will definitely be ordering again in the future. These items are hard to find at local nurseries, and the prices that he offers are more than reasonable!