It's time for the DG county fair! Enter your best pictures and recipes for a chance to win a blue ribbon and subscription!

The scoop on 'Easy to Grow Bulbs'

Easy to Grow Bulbs

Easy to Grow Bulbs has 499 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Easy to Grow Bulbs is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

2521-A Oceanside Blvd
Oceanside, California 92054 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

This company is affiliated with 1 company:

Company Comment, posted on March 20, 2009:
Easy to Grow Bulbs offers bigger, better flower bulbs for gardeners in warm climates. Bulbs from Holland - the type most US gardening companies offer - are great, but there are gorgeous, easier care options for warm weather regions where plants' abilities to thrive in heat, and often drought, define gardening success.

In addition, cool weather adventurers who like exotic cultivars for summer plantings, sunrooms and greenhouses have fun with our selection. See us, too, for a wide selection of holiday amaryllis, paperwhites and flowering gifts, with bigger bulbs in quality containers at attractive prices.

Visit EasytoGrowBulbs.com for unusual varieties (plus some classics), bigger bulbs, personalized customer service and good value for your gardening dollar.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive vitz
July 14, 2015
ordered twice from this company in late spring/early summer. both orders arrived, promptly, flawlessly, w/ all items healthy and true to my order. going to be the alternative to 'the hosta farm' when their 'fall bulbs' come into stock. ordered hostas, astilbes, butterfly bush, chicago fig, honeysuckle,- all are doing stupendously
Positive haireecat
Bogart, GA
June 23, 2015
This past spring I ordered 2 Antioch hostas, 2 Concertina bearded irises, plus 2 of the Bicolor Butterfly Bushes. All plants arrived well packaged, with no damage. Shipping was quick. Since then all plants are growing great! I did run into a problem, though......when the butterfly bush bloomed, I realized it wasn't a Bicolor. I had been sent two Lavender ones, and they had been mismarked. I contacted the company, and they were wonderful to work with. Dena was very quick to respond, and after seeing the picture of my blooms, assured me I wasn't imagining things. She immediately sent two replacement Bicolors. Fantastic service, Dena was just a peach to talk to, and I can't wait to place more orders!
Positive RBKB444
Lansing, MI (Zone 5b)
June 10, 2015
Posted on June 9, 2015, updated June 10, 2015
Posted on May 30, 2014, updated June 9, 2015
After several failed experiences with rooting plumeria cuttings I decided to order from Easy to Grow Bulbs based on their good ratings and the price of the plant including shipping. I received a well packaged and well rooted cutting. I was a bit nervous about the lack of leaves but after a three weeks it finaly sprouted some leaves. I am thrilled to finaly get a growing plumeria. I would definately order from this company again.
On June 9th, 2015, RBKB444 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I had success with a plumeria plant from ETGB, but with Fox Tail Lilies I ordered last year not so much. I ordered and planted three lilies last fall and this spring nothing grew. I sent a e-mail on June 2, 2015 to ETGB and I received a quick response. The person asked to know the condition of the roots. I checked them and found them to be unchanged from when I planted them. I sent a note informing ETGB of my findings, To date I have I not received another response. I have never left a poor review for a company, but in this instance I feel that the lack of follow up warrants it.
On June 10th, 2015, RBKB444 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

After leaving my previous comment about a lack of communication from ETGB, I got a very nice e-mail from Kathleen of ETGB. She explained to me that the person assigned to respond to e-mail inquiries was new and was a bit overwhelmed and not as timely as she should have been. Anyway she offered a credit for the fox tail lilies that I ordered, which failed to grow. I was initially happy with that until I discovered that this late in the season they are sold out of the plants I would like to order. So hopefully, I will be able to use the credit in the future when the plants become available.
Positive shisomadness
New York City, NY
May 29, 2015
All the spring crocus bloomed great and they were all true to name, which for some reason is difficult for many bulb suppliers. Looking forward to the saffron crocus this fall.
Neutral RandyLahey
Cleveland, OH
May 25, 2015
First time customer of Easy To Grow. I decided to pick up some Australia cannas from them since they are one of the few vendors who have them and are very reputable. I picked up 12 bulbs and one bareroot hardy geranium. The bulbs were what I expected and looked nice and healthy. I was able to rototill and plant them the day after arrival. At just over a month later, only 5 of the 12 have sprouted. The geranium has yet to show any signs of life either. I had ordered more of the same type of canna from Longfield about a week after I received my bulbs from Easy and 13 out of 15 of those bulbs have sprouted now. The 2 that haven't sprouted yet had damaged stems from removing them from packaging. The speed at which my newer set of bulbs came up has me concerned that the rest of the bulbs from Easy that haven't sprouted will not. Overall, I'm fairly disappointed, but I'll give it more time before a final review
Positive Fishman1
Selden, NY
May 20, 2015
I ordered 2 Chicago Hardy fig trees from ETGB's. Living as far away from San Diego as possible, I waited for 6 days for the trees to arrive. They got here this morning and I unpacked them immediately. They were packed very well, nice and secure. One was bone dry and showing a little brown on some of it's leaves, the other was moist and seemed to be quite healthy. Both plants had nice shapes, and were larger than I would have expected from a mail order company. One drawback was a baby wolf spider hidden in a curled up leave. I guess you can't prevent everything. All in all, I am very satisfied with the plants, I just hope after a good drink, the dry one makes it. I would recommend this company to anyone, they seem to care about the plants and what they send to customers.
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
May 7, 2015
I have ordered from them several times - always been happy with the size and quality of what I receive & I'll keep on ordering :)
Positive Patty57
Wake Forest, NC (Zone 7b)
May 2, 2015
I ordered a couple Lily bulbs from this company. Received healthy bulbs with no wait at all. Would use them again.
Positive jkalte
Clinton, WA
April 24, 2015
One of the carpet roses in our Sunset Trio arrived with a hole in the package, completely dried out and sporting a sad, greyish hue. After contacting Dena at customer service, we planted the suspect coral rose, and waited one week, after which there was no improvement. We attempted to prune down the stems to reach solid green, to no avail. We contacted Dena again, and were immediately shipped a very vigorous coral carpet rose replacement. We are extremely happy with this supplier and look forward to enjoying our roses this summer!
Positive LIRose
Peconic, NY
April 23, 2015
I had never ordered from this company before, but based on the ratings here, last fall (2014) I purchased 30 Ice Follies daffodil bulbs from Easy to Grow Bulbs. Each package of "10 bulbs" actually included about twice that many bulbs, and overall the bulbs were by far the largest I have ever seen in my many years of gardening. Fast-forward to the present day (April 2015), and all of the bulbs are blooming beautifully in my spring garden, are all true to name/label. I am so happy to have found a reputable supplier of quality bulbs.
Positive iykim
Hillsborough, CA (Zone 10a)
April 22, 2015
This is my GO-TO place for bulbs. They have the highest quality and largest size bulbs with decent price/bulb that always perform for me. Since I am in Zone10a, tulips do not do well. However, they recommended the species tulip, and with their advice, I got a couple dozen Tangerine Beauty tulips a few years ago. They bloomed in a spectacular show of electric orange, and the leaves also added interest as they are wavy and sage-green in color. The following year, they came up (ALL of them) and to my surprise, actually more than what I planted came up and bloomed again. They have naturalized and without fail, come up every spring to put on a show. I bought 30 more bulbs from them last fall, and these also were high quality, came up, and bloomed for me this year. I also purchased Belladonna Lily (aka Naked Ladies) bulbs from EG. They were the largest I have seen and also had the best price for these. I highly recommend this place for all your bulb needs.
Positive rozrita
Douglasville, GA
April 21, 2015
The quality of the plants was by far the best I have ever encountered from a mail-order company. The bare root plants were robust and healthy, not withered and desicated. The live plants were large and lush. Great care was taken when preparing and packaging the plants for shipment.
Positive Qdangson
Quincy, MA
April 20, 2015
Posted on April 5, 2015, updated April 20, 2015
Posted on March 25, 2015, updated April 5, 2015
Posted on February 15, 2015, updated March 25, 2015
Love them.

I placed an order for about 900 for lily bulbs to be shipped to MA Feb 2012. They arrived within a few days. The Casa Blanca\\\\\\\'s were packed in plastic crates in peat and were clean with very little breakage and lots of white roots! White roots! The orien-pets were gigantic. Everything thrived.

Spring of 2013 I ordered gloriosa tuners. Great quality, size and price. All grew. I also ordered begonia tubers. Huge and grew and grew quickly. I wasn\\\\\\\'t so happy with the quality of the flowers as they were inconsistent and not fully double but overall I was still happy.

I just placed an order for cannas and dahlias to be shipped as soon as possible which will be the first week of March. Ive ordered dalias from other places before and have always been disappointed with all the broken clumps. I\\\\\\\'m hoping ETGB\\\\\\\'S dahlias will be much better quality.
On March 25th, 2015, Qdangson added the following:

Just received my order from them. The dahlias are to be expected since they are holland imports. Inconsistent, some were large with intact tubers others were just piles of broken tubers. Not much different from big box stores but i know Ill be gauranteed the variety ordered. The art nouveau gallery dahlias were the most disappointing. After removing the broken tubers I was barely left with a crown. As long as I get a plant from each clump ill be happy.

The Tropicanna were as advertised but smaller and more expensive than Longfield Gardens. ETGB seem to be divisions. Longfields are tissue cultured.

The Valentine dicentra were great. They may have made a mistake and sent me a bundle of 3 as opposed to a single 3/5 eye division. No complaints there.

The hedycium coccinea were good sized.

The red hanging basket begonia tubers are small but viable. I was expecting to plant one tuber per basket but may have to plant 3 per basket.

The gloriosa lilies are the least expensive of any vendor Ive searched and Im very happy with them.

On April 5th, 2015, Qdangson added the following:

I have to say that ETGB\'s customer service is obscenely good. Not 10 minutes after I posted my positive but slightly critical review, I was contacted by Kathleen to rectify ,y disappoinment, but I declined since I always over order just in case. She also offered me a credit on my next order which I may take up, but only for the hanging red begonias. Although I expected better quality for the dahlias,my last count revealed that every single one of them has either eyes up or sprouted, even the tubers that were just a swollen stem.mIn their defense, the quality isn\'t any worse than any other vendor but it\'s their customer service that really stands out.

Overall, one cafe au lait tuber hasn\'t grown, the stem seems like it was ripped off the tuber but there\'s still hope for it, 2 of the hanging red tuberous begonias have gone soft. I was a bit disappointed with the size of the tropicanna rhizomes, but lo and behold, they definitely have more than 2 eyes growing from each and have already started growing less than 2 weeks after planting.

I highly recommend ETGB. It\'s nice to be contacted by a real person who cares and would go out of their way to make sure your order isn\'t just acceptable but that you have an exceptional experience.
On April 20th, 2015, Qdangson added the following:

Just placed another order to replace the ones that didnt grow. The most promising dahlia clumps rotted as well as 2 tuberous begonias. The sorriest dahlias ended up growing pretty well. There are a few that havent shown eyes but its been 3 weeks so I just went ahead and ordered the again. So basically, out of 9 clumps of Harmony dahlias, 4 grew well, 2 havent shown eyes and 3 rotted. ETGB upgraded to priority shipping at no charge which was a.really nice surprise.
Positive TN_Hosta_Guy
Jackson, TN
April 10, 2015
This one of my first experiences ordering Hostas online, so I didn't know what to expect. I ordered the Fantastic Foliage Collection and a Medio Variegata. The items arrived in under a week and shipping confirmation was given the day after I placed my order. The bulbs arrived packed in great shape and were packed separately with the names of each plant on a nice little package. The bulbs are already starting to sprout in the package, and look very healthy. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Neutral CAndersen
Apple Valley
United States
April 4, 2015
I give Easy to Grow Bulbs a high rating on customer service and very good quality products.
I've ordered Belladonnas, day lily, ranunculus, bearded iris, Dutch iris. My day lily "Rocket City" turned out be something else. My Dutch iris turned out to be something else. My Tennison Ridge bearded iris is in bud right now but looking very yellow, again it's something else. I ordered it back in Oct of 2013 and this will be the 1st year blooming.
I have not contacted them on Tennison Ridge. I hate to be a pest! But on all other things that went wrong they have been polite and willing to correct the mistakes. They sent me 2 Rocket City day lily for one wrong one but I can't report on those two until they bloom. I can't order from them again because I want what I order. Whoever is packing items is doing a horrible job. If they are getting their products from other sources that are making the mistakes they need to find other sources because it's very disappointing as a customer to order something and get something else. The belladonnas are doing well but haven't bloomed yet for being disturbed. They may take a few years. I'm hoping they are what I ordered.
Positive Blackbelt_Lizzy
La Grange Park, IL
March 5, 2015
I have placed orders with Easy 2 Grow Bulbs for the last few years. I have gloriosa lily bulbs that I plant in the spring and bring in the fall. I also ordered a plumeria in 2012 that I overwinter each year and is now 6 feet tall and bloomed last fall!. Last summer I ordered corkscrew vines (yes these were the true versions- not snail vines) and lemon grass. Great customer service and the plants/bulbs are shipped during the appropriate times. I have already placed my 2015 order!!
Positive randy_in_topeka
Topeka, KS
November 1, 2014
I ordered ordered 5 Amaryllis, and 4 Iris. They were all received in good condition. The Iris were in excellent condition and size, much better than the ones I received from Gilbert Wild. I usually don't care about bonus plants, but they sent me allium bulbs that I actually want to plant - another source was out.

Bottom line, I will order from here again.

Positive luiseinme
South Bristol, ME
October 18, 2014
Never order from them, carefully packed oversize bulbs and good sized barefoot plants. Very responsive to emails. I will not only buy again but I will tell my friends.
Positive Alexander_R
Santa Clarita, CA (Zone 9b)
October 1, 2014
I have ordered from this company a few times already, and their products, service, and website are all excellent. They offer some uncommon and unusual plants that are worth try.

I have only ever had one minor concern in the past that was quickly resolved.

I once ordered a few peonies that actually bloomed the first year.

Their lily of the valley also bloomed the first spring for me.

My latest order arrived a few days ago after only 3 business days from ordering.

Positive bjl110
Pleasant Grove, OH
September 11, 2014
Just received my order today. I ordered 3 rhizomes each of 4 varieties of bearded iris. The two blue/purple varieties I ordered look to be good size, and are about what I expected. The two red/orange varieties are huge. Each rhizome is a mother with at least two full size offshoots. Got a free pack of some Amazon lily bulbs, which is fortunate because I was wondering what to grow indoors this coming Winter, plus my wife likes flowers that are orchid-ish and tropical. This place is in the top 5 for a good reason in my estimation.
Positive beesberet
Maywood, CA
August 21, 2014
My caper bush is finally blooming and it's quite an event. They have interesting other edibles as well like lemon grass and the lily selection is tempting. Never had mislabeling problems with them that seem so rampant in the bulb industry.
Positive kyjudy
Trenton, KY
July 22, 2014
Posted on May 27, 2012, updated July 22, 2014
I ordered several varieties of Caladium bulbs from Easy to Grow Bulbs. I have never seen such huge bulbs! They are obviously very healthy with no soft spots anywhere. I also love their customer service -- they always respond quickly and are helpful. Bottom line: Don't hesitate to order from this company!
On July 22nd, 2014, kyjudy added the following:

Yet again, Kathleen's customer service impeccable. I had a small problem with an order, and it was resolved in a couple of hours. They are a great company with excellent products.
Positive daisygirlfp
Minden, NV
May 30, 2014
Although there was a problem with my order, easytogrowbulbs was both fair and extremely prompt in resolving the issue. I plan on ordering from them again with no reservations. When things go wrong in any business transaction and it will happen once in awhile, getting it right quickly and fairly is the hallmark of a responsible well run company.
Positive MaryTA
Grand Junction, CO
April 2, 2014
Posted on April 2, 2014, updated April 2, 2014
Posted on April 1, 2014, updated April 2, 2014
The bulbs came up beautifully, but the Pheasant's Eye daffodil (planted in two places) is infected with nematodes. Brand new, tiny garden that I likely have destroy and can never use for bulbs again. I contacted the company by email yesterday and have received no response.

Can someone tell me if I can fight the infection? Do I need to trash the hyacinth I planted there too? Out of 5 varieties of daff I ordered, so far only the one variety is showing signs of infection.

On April 2nd, 2014, MaryTA changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Update - Two folks from E2G wrote. They advised me to yank the suspicious bulbs and hang tight. If any others show signs, pull them too and they will replace all bulbs lost. I am impressed with their response and could not have asked for more.
On April 2nd, 2014, MaryTA added the following:

May not be nematodes. May be soil borne. Whatever it is, the company has my back.
Positive icyryce4
Sacramento, CA (Zone 9b)
March 21, 2014
I ordered several types of bulbs and plants from Easy To Grow Bulbs, and all of them exceeded my expectations! Their pricing was awesome too :) The gladiolus and ranunculus were the biggest that I have ever bought; I was amazed! The packaging was very nice as well.
Also, this company and I had a minor hiccup with some payment issues, but it was all resolved in a very timely manner; Kathleen and the other lady (I can't remember at the moment) provided great customer service :)
All in all, they've got a returning customer here!
Positive jessflowergirl
Fort Bragg, CA
March 1, 2014
Posted on April 1, 2013, updated March 1, 2014
Posted on March 13, 2013, updated April 1, 2013
After a coworker put the idea in my head that I simply MUST have lilies in my garden, I logged on to DG to find a bulb company in their top companies that wasn't going to bust my budget. Easy to Grow Bulbs is fantastic! I browsed their website and picked out my bulbs. I love the design, it is very easy to use and is filled with great information about the plants you are purchasing. All of their bulbs are very reasonably priced, and I love the different assortments. I placed my order on Thursday March 7, and they arrived in the mail today! Less than a week later! I ordered the oriental lily assortment and some rialto lilies that were on sale. The bulbs look wonderful. Seeing as I just got them I can't comment on how they bloom, so I will post again when they do. So pleased with my entire experiance! I will do business with them again soon!
On April 1st, 2013, jessflowergirl added the following:

Less than 3 weeks later, 16 of my 18 lily bulbs have woken up! Beyond excited to see them coming out of the ground. I was waiting until I saw some growth to place my next order, and after half of them came up I logged on to the website and chose a Kniphofia, a gladioulus package, and some crocosmia. I ordered on wednesday night, and they arrived via FEDEX this morning!! I love how fast they get to me. After using two other mail-order companies that took one month and almost 2 months respectively to get to me, it is such a joy to receive my order so fast. My glad bulbs are so big, my kniphofia is a beautiful healthy size potted plant. I enjoy shopping with this company so much they will be my go-to for online ordering. I encourage anyone to try them out, you will not be disappointed!
On March 1st, 2014, jessflowergirl added the following:

As the Spring season is upon us I cannot encourage people enough to check out Easy to Grow's website for your spring bulbs and plants. I ordered from them 3 times last year, and almost everything did great! My kniphofia is huge - 4 spires in the first year - couldn't believe how gorgeous it was. My glads are already coming back. I had 100% of my lilies produce beautiful fragrant blooms. I just love this company and I love the quality of their bulbs. I already placed my first order and within a day or two I received a personalized email saying when they expected to ship. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
Positive berrybythebay
San Francisco, CA
December 30, 2013
My family has finally realized they need only to buy me plants and I'm a happy camper at Christmas. Even happier when I received saffron crocus bulbs from this company--they were firm, plump and huge. Their lemongrass is also very nice.
Positive DavidAssmann
San Francisco, CA
October 28, 2013
Posted on October 25, 2013, updated October 28, 2013
Until now I've only had positive experiences with Easy To Grow Bulbs. But this year my order didn't arrive - it was shipped on October 4th, the Post Office says it was delivered on October 7th, but we never received it. I sent an email to Easy To Grow bulbs, got a response back almost immediately asking me to check with our postal carrier. I did - the carrier couldn't recall the delivery - so I emailed back (three times over the course of a week) and have had no response. I also left a phone message this morning (Friday), and have received no response by phone or email. So I'm out $112, and have no bulbs, and I'm not getting a response from the company. I'm hoping this posting will result in hearing back from them.
On October 28th, 2013, DavidAssmann changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I've heard back from Easy To Grow Bulbs, and they are re-shipping the order, restoring my faith in the company. The quality of their bulbs has always been excellent
Positive Mylena1
Cliff Island, ME
September 21, 2013
Posted on September 20, 2013, updated September 21, 2013
I see so many positive comments here, especially of their good customer service. I wonder how you guys are able to contact this customer service at all. I just can't. I tried to call, nobody answered, I left a message but nobody got interested in it. Their email address doesn't work - I send an email and I get it back over and over again. I tried to contact them through this site davesgarden.com, I sent an email, it didn't come back but still no answer. I also tried to contact this nursery last spring, a had a question to ask and the result was the same - NO ANSWER. I think perhaps I am not as big and important as you guys are that nobody in this great company seems to notice me and my problem. In one comment here I read that after a negative comment here, somebody in their customer service contacted its author and offered to settle all his problems. So I am writing this negative comment with the same purpose - please, contact me (elshab@ukr.net) and offer me to settle my problem because I AM ALREADY TIRED OF ALL MY ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT AND BE HEARD BY THIS GREAT COMPANY. Thank you.
On September 21st, 2013, Mylena1 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Just in a couple of hours after posting my comment a representative of the customer service called me and everything was settled. Thank you, Dave's Garden! It worked.
Positive JonSchneider
Fleming Island, FL (Zone 9b)
August 29, 2013
As I await another order from easy to Grow, I would be remiss not to mention the wonderful customer service i have experienced over the years... specifically by Kathleen. She has always responded promptly and professionally. Added to the wonderful plants, customer service that is exemplary has not only earned my respect, but is obviously one of the reasons that Easy to Grow Bulbs/Willow Creek is always one of the Top 30. Well done!!
Positive shmcder
Tyler, TX
July 15, 2013
Posted on July 3, 2013, updated July 15, 2013
I contacted customer service because less than half of the 72 Casa Blanca lilies I ordered and planted this spring came up and those that did have weak stems, small flowers and some deformed blooms.. Since I experimented with several different lily varieties last year and had excellent success with the Casa Blancas from Easy to Grow Bulbs , I was terribly disappointed in the poor show this year. I have received no response from the company, and of course, will not order from them again.
My past experience from this company is mixed: I planted 100 leucojum which did FABULOUS, but none of the gladiolus came up---so the lilies tip the scale to the negative.
On July 15th, 2013, shmcder changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

A representative from Easy to grow Bulbs contacted me soon after I posted on Dave's Garden to offer me full replacement of my Casa Blanca Lilies even though some did bloom. I am very satisfied and feel they went above what was necessary to retain a customer. I will be shopping with them again!!
Neutral Fatbun
East Richmond Heights, CA
July 5, 2013
I ordered amaryllis bulbs from ETGB for the first time this spring and the shipping was very quick with excellent packaging. The sale price was very good at $5-6/bulb and the bulbs arrived healthy looking. I was rather pleased with the purchase. Well, the free bulb pack, I think liatris (?), was too dried up to grow though since none showed any sign of life after planting.

One thing I wasn't sure too much about was the appearance of a white fungus or something that dessicated the outer layers and kept eating in. It's not the usual mushy rot from overwatering as I kept these bulbs rather dry with ample sunlight and air circulation. I had to clean and cut out several layers and sterilize with bleach to save the bulbs. They seem to be okay for now, but their sizes definitely decreased. This happened to Chico, Lima, Cherry Crush, Siren, Sophisticate (all neighboring bulbs from ETGB) and spread to my Dancing Queen and Evergreen. Anyway, I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, because I do not know all the circumstances that might contribute to this problem and it seems that the company got good reviews from many others. I'm just a bit disappointed that it happened a couple weeks after I got the bulbs. So I guess the experience was a bit above neutral.
Positive GreeneLady
Oak Island, NC (Zone 8a)
June 13, 2013
Posted on June 13, 2013, updated June 13, 2013
Having ordered from Easy to Grow Bulbs/Willow Creek Gardens in the past, and always having a great experience, I was so disappointed this time, that I don't think I will order from this company again.

I ordered 18 Cleopatra Canna Rhizomes (6 bags of 3), and while they shipped quickly, the bulbs were completely inferior, and certainly not "large" tubers as described on the website.

There were 3 rhizomes that were about as big as my pointer finger. The rest were between 1/2 inch to 1.5" long.
I planted them anyway with a little irritation thinking they were just going to be small, but nearly two months later, only 4 bulbs have sprouted growth. I emailed the company twice and I never got a response.

Extremely disappointing for a supposedly highly rated company on the Dave's Garden Watchdog Community.

Buyer beware!
On June 13th, 2013, GreeneLady changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I was contacted by Jon almost immediately after I posted my original review. It appears that my emails did not get through to them. He was extremely professional, and issued me a full refund for all the rhizomes, even though I did get 4 that were good.

Very happy with their customer service, and yes, I will try again to order more Cleopatras if they are available next year.
Positive jakeofpk
Exeland, WI
June 4, 2013
Haven't ordered anything other than seeds from a mail order company for at least 8 years (bad experience). After reading GWD reviews, decided to give it a try again. Ordered dahlias, tuberous begonias and peonies. Really surprised at the size and quality of the tubers. All have sprouted and are growing well. Will be ordering from this company again.
Positive Cymbelina
Prattville, AL (Zone 8a)
May 16, 2013
Having learned my lesson and now only shopping at Watchdog highly rated companies, I ordered several items. My order arrived very quickly, was perfectly packaged so nothing was damaged and no soil spilled on the potted plants. The bareroot nearly Lady Baltimore hibiscus I ordered had new growth within just three days. They had an excellent price on purple d'oro lilies and I got tons of them and all are a good 12+ inches high and 6-8 inches wide and budding already---I planted them a month ago. I reordered a lot of things I'd ordered from another company more than 10 weeks before and they are in the ground and growing while I still am waiting for the other bulbs from a different company to arrive. They also sent some free bulbs and I look forward to seeing what they'll do. Overall an excellent buying experience. Ignore the Watchdog ratings at your peril and thank you Dave's for sending this vendor my way. Will definitely keep them on my list of preferred vendors!
Positive jstaton
Dillwyn, VA (Zone 7a)
May 8, 2013
This is my second year ordering from Easy to Grow Bulbs and I am extremely pleased with their products and customer service. Everything I have ordered has come packed appropriately and has flourished with the exception of three red carpet rose bushes. I ordered four red carpet rose bushes and three yellow carpet rose bushes this year. All are doing great except 3 of the red carpet. I emailed them and received a prompt, courteous reply. I was worried I may not get a response, but I have been overly impressed with the numerous communications I have received from Kathleen at Easy to Grow Bulbs! She has put me at ease and has assured me the red rose bushes will take off and if not, they will be replaced. She is wonderful!!! I couldn't ask for anything more!! Believe me, this company is awesome and you won't regret ordering from them. I am a customer for life!!! If you have been hesitant about ordering from them, don't be...go for it...you won't be disappointed!
Positive llasouth
Jacksonville, FL
May 1, 2013
05/01/2013
I live in Zone 9A and ordered from Easy to Grow Bulbs based on reviews from Dave's website. My bulbs/plants arrived arrived in good condition, except for one of the bleeding hearts, which did not have a great root system. I emailed the company about this one plant-they did respond quickly- and they told me to water the "iffy" plant differently from the others ordered. It has been 3 weeks, and still no sign of life, above or below the ground. The astilbies look great, the rose bushes have sprouting leafs, and the other bleeding heart is coming up just fine. I wish both bleeding hearts were working, but sadly not so. That being said, I will rate them positive, and probably have to order more bleeding hearts to replace the one that just died.
Positive kbrehm
Red Bluff, CA
April 30, 2013
Posted on April 24, 2013, updated April 30, 2013
I ordered 21 Salvia "May Night" from this company on 4/17/2013. Plants were delivered 4/23/2013. These were live plants which were very healthy and large. Packaging was great and I was very happy with my order. There was even a suprise package of bulbs included.

There was one tiny issue. Two of the 21 plants were the wrong variety. I Emailed Kathleen as soon as I discovered the error and asked her if she could help as my design called for 21 plants. She responded almost immediately, apologized for the error and said she would make sure the 2 correct plants shipped the next day. I only bring this up because I want everyone to be aware of their excellent Customer Service in addition to the wonderful quality of plants they offer for sale. I will be buying lots of plants from them in the future. One of the best on line nurseries I do business with.

On April 30th, 2013, kbrehm added the following:

Received the replacement plants today. Very nice healthy plants. Kathleen is wonderful to work with providing excellent Customer Service. My replacement order was shipped the day after I alerted them to the misshipment of a couple plants. I will be placing many more orders with Easy to Grow Bulbs. Great Company!!
Positive butlertk
Albemarle, NC
April 14, 2013
I ordered gloriosa lily bulbs last week. Received them in a few days and the bulbs were large healthy bulbs!! Packaged very well. I give them an A++.
Positive Brincelyn
El Paso, TX
April 6, 2013
After seeing this company's rating here on Dave's Garden, I checked out their website. I've only ordered plant material from online companies since last year and have had mixed results. What a pleasant surprise to speak with Kathleen at Easy to Grow Bulbs! I called them to get some advice on particular plants and she was patient, kind and enthusiastic. I ordered two different types of gladiolus, dinner plate dahlias, alstromeria, and tuberose and received some lycoris as a bonus. Everything is planted but it's too early to tell how they will do. But I had to jump on here and say what a nice experience I've had so far.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]