The scoop on 'Easy to Grow Bulbs'

Easy to Grow Bulbs

Easy to Grow Bulbs has 635 products listed in PlantScout.

2521-A Oceanside Blvd
Oceanside, California 92054 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook
This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:

Company Comment, posted on March 20, 2009:
Easy to Grow Bulbs offers bigger, better flower bulbs for gardeners in warm climates. Bulbs from Holland - the type most US gardening companies offer - are great, but there are gorgeous, easier care options for warm weather regions where plants' abilities to thrive in heat, and often drought, define gardening success.

In addition, cool weather adventurers who like exotic cultivars for summer plantings, sunrooms and greenhouses have fun with our selection. See us, too, for a wide selection of holiday amaryllis, paperwhites and flowering gifts, with bigger bulbs in quality containers at attractive prices.

Visit EasytoGrowBulbs.com for unusual varieties (plus some classics), bigger bulbs, personalized customer service and good value for your gardening dollar.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive lorrizeravsky
Bath, PA
June 10, 2017
I shop for flowers and bulbs fairly often, and am often disappointed with the results of my purchases online..

.after reading review Dave's watchdog, I bought bulbs and seeds from this company... dahlias, phlox, and several others....
. I received my items quickly, and am thrilled to be able to say that every bulb I received has come up and is growing nicely!!! would recommend highly.
Negative bleepy
West Islip, NY
May 30, 2017
Posted on September 17, 2016, updated May 30, 2017
Posted on August 30, 2016, updated September 17, 2016
As an experienced gardener I am surprised at all of the positive reviews when my experience has been so disappointing.
One week ago I sent the company an email after trying to call during business hours and getting voicemail. So far I\\\'ve gotten no response. Guess I wasted my over $50. As I told them of the 4 products that I received none were satisfactory; Alocasia - months after planting just a small plant and it is a tropical here so no sense in digging up for next year. Canna\\\'s- bought two for my neighbor who is known in the neighborhood for his canna and alocasia displays. Two types, no blooms. Iris- this a pink re-bloomer but didn\\\'t bloom once-maybe next year? And finally Crocosmia- I should have know by how dried up the bulbs looked but not a single one came up.
I have purchased lots of plants online and I\\\'ve never had such a negative experience.

On September 17th, 2016, bleepy changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Have a few missed phone calls between myself and the very nice company representative, they issued a refund of all of the items that I had a issue with. I should note that I didn\'t ask for that, they did it on their own. Nice.
On May 30th, 2017, bleepy changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I can now speak about the one reamaining item on my order the Pink Reblooming Iris It did bloom this year and not only is it not pink it's a muddy kind of a peach tinted beige color. Ugly. So not one item on my order performed as expected. The worst products I've ever received from any gardening supplier.
Company representative comment on September 2, 2016:
On Sep 2, 2016 10:02 AM, Easy to Grow Bulbs responded with:

We are so very sorry for the poor experience here! We contacted this customer within 2 hours of this review being posted. We sent the following email, and then telephoned the next day and left a message. We have not heard back, though I do hope we will... The refund for the crocosmia has been processed, and we would very much like to work on the other items to ensure the customer is fully satisfied.
--------------------------------------
This is the email we sent:
Dear [Removed for customer's privacy],

I have just read your negative review on Daves Garden. I am so terribly sorry for such a frustrating experience! My sincere apologies!

As you have noted - we have an excellent reputation in the industry for fast and personal customer service - and that reputation has been years in the making, and having customers like you essentially be ignored is not the way to keep that reputation.

A number of issues came together to create a "perfect storm" of sorts that had simply buried our Customer Service representative. Sadly, before we were able to bring on additional help, some e-mails and phone calls went unanswered for crazy long times. This should never have happened to a single customer, and I am sorry that it did. And so sorry you were caught up in it.

I understand that you will not be shopping with us again, but I do want to at least handle this last transaction the way it should have been handled from the beginning.

If your reblooming bearded iris is healthy and well rooted in, I am sure you will enjoy multiple blooms throughout the seasons for years to come. However, like many long-lived plants, they do need that settling in time before they begin to bloom well. Please be sure to have the top of the rhizome exposed above the soil to ensure best blooming.

I am terribly sorry to hear the crocosmia were in poor condition when they were sent to you. Sadly, at this late date, I do not have replacements to send to you. Did yours never grow, or have they not yet bloomed? They should all be growing well for you given the time they have had. It sounds like we should provide a refund for you on these.

The cannas have they grown, but no blooms? That is odd I would love to help you to trouble shoot them, but it sounds like they were a gift for a neighbor? I can well appreciate your frustration!

The colocasia sounds like we should discuss while that is a tropical, you should be able to dig and store and re-plant it for a beautiful display every year. If you have a brightly lit location indoors it can be a magnificent house plant for the fall and winter. I am wondering if you have had excessive heat this summer? Or possibly excessive rain? I am just trying to understand your atypical experiences with these plants. Is the colocasia in a container or in the ground? I would love to help you with this, so you can enjoy this lovely plant.

[Removed], I would like to have our customer service representative call you tomorrow will that work for you? And I would like to follow up with you to be certain this is handled for you. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

I am embarrassed by the way this was not handled for you, and I honestly appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

Please let me know how I can assist you with the colocasia and any information you can provide would be appreciated!

Sincerely,
Kathleen McCarthy
--------------------------------------
We remain hopeful the customer will reply so that we can better assist with this very disappointing situation.

Negative avlgal
Asheville, NC
May 18, 2017
Some of the bulbs were quite small and definitely not 'clumps' as stated. When called about the issue, it took me 3 times to get it resolved with my own suggestion of a credit, when they could have easily done that in the first call in 5 minutes. I had to send photos too. A hassle, won't be ordering from them again.
Positive esedgwick
Tallahassee, FL
May 15, 2017
Posted on April 6, 2017, updated May 15, 2017
I can\'t speak as to the quality of the plants or bulbs yet, but it\'s been a frustrating experience so far. I placed an order March 1st, and received an email saying the order would be shipped March 13th. March 21st with no further word, I emailed for an update, and received a prompt response that the order would ship March 23rd. March 31st, I emailed again, asking if there would be a shipping confirmation - and received a prompt response that there would be a shipping confirmation, but with no indication of when the revised shipping date was. I responded asking for a new estimate shipping date and received no response. Recently, I emailed again, and have received no response. So now (April 6) it is five weeks after the order, three weeks after the original shipping date and two weeks after the revised shipping date and they seem to just be ignoring emails.
When I ordered, I didn\'t expect the company to get the order out immediately, and I can understand that spring is probably their busy season, but if a business gives estimates - or, in the case of the second email, a firm shipping date - then it should certainly make every effort to comply, or at least proactively provide updates.

On May 15th, 2017, esedgwick changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Very shortly after posting the above comments, I received an email letting me know the order had been delayed due to a back-ordered item that was overdue from their supplier. I was told the back-ordered item would be cancelled and refunded, and the balance of the order shipped. The plants arrived fairly soon thereafter, but the refund took a month and two additional emails from me.
The bulbs and plants were in good shape overall, and of decent size for the price. Several of the rain lilies have bloomed already, within just a few weeks of being planted. My only complaint on quality was that the cardiocrinum was potted in peat moss, and rotted within a few weeks of arrival. But I take partial responsibility for this, since I should have planted it out or repotted into better draining soil immediately.
On balance, while the communication was a bit frustrating, in rating the company I basically ask myself whether I would order from them again, and the answer is yes - they have some hard to find items at good prices and friendly, if somewhat spotty, customer service.
Neutral Shane_Wilson09
Waxahachie, TX
April 16, 2017
I am a beginning gardener. I bought ~$100 in bulbs from Easytogrowbulbs in two orders. Orders were shipped fairly fast.

Quality: So far so good. Crocosmia, Guernsey, Crinum, Peacock Orchid, Dwarf Glads all have 90-100% sprouting. Only 1 Oxblood has a sprout, but they are supposed to be dormant during summer so thats ok. The Rain Lilys are not coming up very well. I planted them along a large bed edge and have ~10/60 up so far.

Price: I wished i had looked around because this company is not very competitive. The week after i got my order i bought a bag of 28 Peacock Orchid from Lowes for $6.95. Compare that to 10 for $5.95 that i bought from ETGB. The bulbs from Lowes had a few smaller bulbs but still had 18-20 the size of ETGB. Glads were cheaper at Lowes as well.
Positive zimjess
Marianna, FL
April 4, 2017
Posted on March 31, 2017, updated April 4, 2017
My only experience here is with passiflora. For the price you pay here, you would expect to get stronger looking plants. If I have the choice, I will order passiflora from AlmostEden first and foremost. Those were the healthiest looking passiflora I have gotten, strong, thick vines. The ones from EasyToGrowBulbs come spindly with spotted, holes leaves that look to be dying. I made two orders, first as a test order, a Betty Myles Young and Lambiekins, with standard shipping. When they came in looking awful, I sent an e-mail to the company explaining this, and was told this happens with shipment. Well, the 2nd order I paid for 2-day shipping to see if it made any change. Nope, the same. The plants don\'t just become so pitiful with a couple of days in a box because I have received other passiflora that looked fantastic from other companies through the mail. The health of the plants to begin with comes into question. Aside from this, none of these plants have come packed well - bent and torn leaves, bent and broken vines, soil tossed around. When they are pulled out, there is an appearance of them being mashed together. Some of them look like they will recover enough to quickly put out new growth, but a few of them have such thin vines that most of the growth has broken off and looks like it will be very slow to come back. One of these, passiflora \'Aragorn\' has such a cracked base that it most likely will never be healthy even if it manages to live - it already has yellowed leaves and lack of vibrance. Another, Constance Elliot was bent and split from the packing. I did e-mail photos to the company but have heard nothing back. Initially, I was shocked to see online prices of passiflora, and yes this company has competitive prices with the others out there, as well as more variety. But I do expect healthy plants and overall I have not experienced that from this company.
On April 4th, 2017, zimjess changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

The owner of EasyToGrowBulbs, Jim just gave me a very gracious call wanting to fix the issues I had with my order. Because of this, I have changed my rating from negative to positive and will consider ordering from them in the future. Jim was very concerned that he do whatever he could to make me a happy customer, which definitely leaves an impression on me. We agreed on a partial refund that was very satisfactory to me.
Positive PixilationZone
West Grove, PA
April 1, 2017
I ordered a small number of Allium Bulgaricum bulbs from Easy to Grow Bulbs though Amazon.com this past February.

Less than a week later I received a package of narcissus bulbs from ETGB. I thought it was odd, as I didn't remember ordering any narcissus bulbs, and (I hate to admit it, but) I hadn't noticed that the bulbs I ordered from Amazon were sold by ETGB. I had received a gift of ETGB bulbs from a friend a few months previously, and I thought maybe she had sent me another lovely gift out of the blue.

I put them aside, still in the opened box, thinking I'd save them for Easter time.

A day or so after that, I began to wonder when my allium bulbs were going to arrive. Then it clicked. Sort of. I checked the ETGB box again and actually read the invoice. It had someone else's name and address! So, I hadn't received a gift from my friend.

Well, hmmmm...I'd ordered from ETGB a few years ago. Maybe there was a glitch in their computer system and my name & address had been accidentally plucked from the archives and substituted on the address label for that of the rightful purchaser of the narcissus bulbs.

I contacted the company to let them know they'd sent me an order meant for someone else. I still had not figured it out!

A very pleasant ETGB CS rep replied within 24 hours, thanking me for letting them know. She then asked me if I had placed an order and if I'd received it. Wow--only then did it really click! I checked my Amazon order and confirmed the connection.

ETGB told me to keep the narcissus bulbs and said they'd get my order out to me right away. Two days later my allium bulbs arrived.

OK, so, yes, they screwed up. I assume the other customer received my order and invoice, as well. But ETGB fixed the problem in a professional manner and ASAP. After checking to make sure there was no credit card info on the invoice, I figured all's well that ends well.

I decided not to wait for Easter. The narcissus bulbs are blooming beautifully and fragrantly now, which is what made me think to write this review.
Neutral no_regrets
San Diego, CA
February 24, 2017
Posted on March 17, 2008, updated February 24, 2017
As a resident of North/inland San Diego, it\'s not always easy to know which bulbs will grow in my climate. I ran across easytogrowbulbs.com and thought, \"perfect, someone who\'s local!\"

I\'ve placed 3 orders to date with this company and have always been happy. Their bulbs are definitely bigger than anything you could ever find in a big box store, and the prices you pay are low considering what you get. Place an order of $50 or more and they\'ll even throw in an adventure pack to appeal to your risk-taking side. Shipping is very affordable -- especially in this day and age when you can easily pay more on shipping than an order -- and everything always arrives in good condition with instructions.

There was one time when my order didn\'t ship when I expected and my email was answered very promptly with an explanation on the delay, and the box arrived without fail within a few weeks. I\'ve only ordered bulbs so far, but just placed an order for some potted reblooming iris and have nothing but high expectations.

Some of my bulbs have been chomped by gophers, but of those that haven\'t, everything is growing beautifully. An all-white bed I planted last fall with calla lilies, anemone, and Leucojum is now going insane. I have never had such success with any planting before.
On February 24th, 2017, no_regrets changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I am a very faithful customer of Easy to Grow Bulbs, and place an order of ~$100 at least twice a year. Over time, I've noticed their prices have gone up, the quality of their products has declined slightly, and shipping costs are no longer competitive. I understand the cost of shipping is beyond their control, but somehow, it seems that there are many other bulb companies out there who are managing somehow. Longfield, for example, offers free shipping with a $50 order (even though their product prices are a bit higher). Easy to Grow Bulbs offers free shipping with a $125+ order, and I remember it used to be less. I used to be bowled over by the diversity and quality of Easy to Grow Bulbs, but not so much anymore; it is still very good, vastly better than the big box stores, but just not as great as it used to be. Sometimes the bulbs arrive a little old, already sprouting and sometimes mushy; the bearded iris rhizomes used to be the size of softballs, with 3+ fans, and are now more like a piece of ginger root. And the prices are up. Not by a ton, but between the combination of the more mediocre product, higher prices, and shipping rates, I've found myself diversifying a bit more when it comes to my bulb purchases.
Positive nitzi1944
Kings Park, NY (Zone 7a)
December 17, 2016
A great company to deal with. Fast shipping and well packaged bulbs!
Negative GardenManDonald
GLENSHAW, PA (Zone 5a)
December 2, 2016
Something has changed with this company and not for the better. This year's cannas didn't look good when received and performed poorly. Other items were similarly disappointing. Emails to company produced no response. Will not order from them again.
Company representative comment on December 3, 2016:
On Dec 3, 2016 5:36 PM, Easy to Grow Bulbs responded with:

We are so sorry to hear of this terrible experience. I have searched our records for a customer in this city and state with cannas and have been unable to locate the order or customer here. So within 2 hours of the negative review being posted, we reached out to the reviewer with the following email:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

My name is Kathleen, and I work for Easy to Grow Bulbs.

I was so sorry to learn of your very poor experience with our cannas this season, and with the customer support! While we always want the bulbs and plants to flourish for our customers, I can accept that occasionally something goes awry with the plant. But there is simply no excuse for a lack of response from Customer Service.

I have brought your review to the attention of the head of our Customer Service, Dena, and she has hunted through our orders and her email correspondence to try to locate a trace of what you have described, and we have not been able to track it down. Would you please provide your name or your email address or order number? I would like to look into this further and have Dena contact you about this issue.

I do understand that you won't be doing business with us again - and I respect that. But I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to at least make this last experience right for you in any way that we can. As much as I hate to hear there was a problem, I am so grateful that you took the time to provide the feedback so that we can make it right and learn to provide better service in the future.

Thanks so much for your time. I do hope I will hear back from you!

Have a lovely weekend!

Kathleen

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I very much hope the customer will contact us so we can make this right.
Kathleen

Positive 4015PLM
Vincentown, NJ
August 25, 2016
Early in June, I placed an order with Easy Grow Bulbs for a Passiflora Hybrid "Betty Miles Young". When I placed my order, I asked what would be the best way to plant this Passion Flower and Christina told me to get a large pot to plant it in because of the zone in which I live The plant arrived in great condition. I planted it and placed the pot near a fence. The plant has gown beautifully and I now have 38 buds on it in various stages of development. I also purchased a "Chicago Fig Tree" which produced delicious figs this year. I am so pleased with Easy Grow bulbs their quality plants, service and the information provided by Christina. I will definitely be placing orders again.
Neutral mwieder
Beachwood, OH
June 28, 2016
Ordered over $100 worth of bulbs from them.
The bulbs themselves were OK. The Glads, Ginger and Dahlias were great, only about half of the Caladiums sprouted and the cannas were a disaster. I could tell upon receipt the cannas were no good - they had shipped tony bulbs that had no chance to survive the transport. They said they don't have any replacements available so now I have to wait a year for them, which is very disappointing.

The "bonus bulbs" they sent were a waste - they mixed together two different kinds of tiny "bulbs" in the same package and it couldn't be determined which was which to know what I was planting out. The amount they sent was half of a package they usually sell for $10. Don't expect anything useful with the bonus.

Positive AaronBaldwin
Juneau, AK
April 21, 2016
First of all I want to state that I believe that the true test of a company is not when things go perfectly but when they go wrong. And on this Easy to Grow Bulbs has exceeded all expectations!

A few weeks ago I ordered an Amorphophallus bulbifer rhizome. Shipping was prompt and communication was great. However, when the rhizome arrived it was covered in mold, and one side was very soft. I was extremely disappointed and was anticipating further difficulty. I immediately emailed them and explained (this was the weekend).

On Monday morning I had a reply, a very nice apology from Christina and a promise to send out a replacement. I assumed I would have to mail back the bad one, but she assured me I needed to just throw it away and another would be in the mail soon. So today the replacement arrived, with another very nice apology (not even necessary, Christina, I could not be happier!).

I would not hesitate to order from this company again, nor would I hesitate to recommend them to my friends. They did a great job with this. Mistakes happen, but good companies make it right and this what Easy to Grow Bulbs did!
Positive Plantmania_216
Marietta, OH
April 17, 2016
I have ordered from this company several times and been very pleased with the customer service, size of the bulbs, and plant performance every time! I just received and planted this year's order. The bulbs were large and healthy, and I'm looking forward to a beautiful garden this year! Great company to order from!
Positive orangetriangle
Little Silver, NJ
April 15, 2016
I ordered about 40 amaryllis bulbs in March to be used as baby shower favors. (a mix of appleblossom and pink pizzazz). The bulbs are gorgeous, fat, and healthy. It is obvious they were grown and selected with care. The shower was on March 20th and many of the attendees are already posting pictures of their amaryllis is full bloom. I highly recommend Easy to Grow Bulbs, especially if you need to buy in bulk for a party or shower. This ended up being the best favor I could have used since the celebration continues after the party is over.
Negative tturner16
North Hollywood, CA (Zone 10a)
March 22, 2016
I placed an order in mid Feb and received an email saying it would ship the week of March 7th. It did not ship.

I followed up on March 10th via email to ask when my order would ship and received a very prompt response (much appreciated):

"Hello,

Thank you for checking in! Just received a few thousand bulbs this week and we just about have everything! There are a few items that we are still packing for immediate shipment. We appreciate your patience! We totally understand wanting to get started earlier due to the mild temperatures, the wait for your spring bulbs is almost over! Be on the lookout for your tracking information via email.

Many Thanks,"

Forward to March 19th and still no indication of shipment, so I followed up once again via email to find out the status of my order. I'm very disappointed to say that I have not even received a response and at this point I'm very concerned if I'll even receive my order.

I placed my order with this company because of the positive reviews on this site and have noticed other people receiving their orders, so...what's going on???
Company representative comment on March 25, 2016:
On Mar 25, 2016 4:35 PM, Easy to Grow Bulbs responded with:

We are so terribly sorry for the delay in communication and in shipping this customer experienced!

I contacted her via D-Mail within an hour of the review being posted to both explain the weird circumstances that led to this terrible delay, as well as to assure her that I would take charge of her order personally. I gave my name, direct e-mail and direct phone number so that I could address any additional questions.

Within 12 hours, we shipped her order, and she received it the following day. I have attempted to follow up via D-Mail, email and by phone, hoping to learn the order arrived safely.

Strange weather across the country have vastly delayed many harvests, and our customer service rep has been simply buried. This is NO excuse to ever leave a customer in the dark, and we are working over time with new people brought on board to handle all of the communication.

It is our sincere desire to ensure each customer feels valued and appreciated, and clearly we missed the mark here.

I had hoped with the direct response that I provided, the customer might update her review, but hopefully she is just too busy enjoying the new bulbs and plants in her garden.

Thank you, tturner16, for giving me the opportunity to make this right for you.

Best wishes, everyone for a beautiful spring!

Sincerely,
Kathleen McCarthy

Positive ClematisKev
Mcdonough, GA
March 11, 2016
Posted on March 10, 2016, updated March 11, 2016
Ordered snail vine last week. In two days I got an email showing shipped with tracking #
Not bad for peak season! Projected delivery Thur came Wed. With over 15 years of mail order gardening I can honestly say I never received a more beautiful plant. Ordered Vigna Caracalla that came well rooted and very well branched in a 5x5 pot packed quite nicely (not a single broken stem). Longest stem is 16\"!
On March 11th, 2016, ClematisKev added the following:

We've all seen mail order nurseries where the shipping cost is as much or more than the plant...really! They are packed no better than this vendos plants and sometimes worse! Shipping is obviously not a profit center for ETGB. Shipping is very reasonsble here (as fair as I've seen). Also, for that one plant you absolutely have to have you can order individual plants unlike others who say "you want one, sorry but you'll have to buy three".
Positive laslo6071
Las Vegas, NV
March 9, 2016
I live in Las Vegas, NV where Spring arrives early, it is short and if you do not plant before the desert heat arrives your newly planted items burn out. Easy To Grow Bulbs went way beyond the best customer service I ever experienced to facilitate my order and kept me informed at every step. I am most grateful for their efforts. They have interesting bulbs providing year round colors to the garden like ARUM ITALICUM and the hard to find LILY OF THE VALLEY GROUND COVER. Their prices are reasonable. In addition they are sending me a pack of free bulbs, no idea what they are but I love surprises! No question about it, I will be a returning customer!
Marianne Laslo
Positive Dahlia1211
Englewood, CO
March 8, 2016
I live in Colorado with a short growing season, so I like to start my plants indoors. All the other websites were willing to send my begonia tubers earlier than was appropriate for this zone (if they had some available) for and expedited price. Easy to Grow Bulbs sent them right away with no additional charge. They were here in 2 days, and they look great. I'll order from them again.
Positive CAndersen
Apple Valley,
United States
March 4, 2016
Posted on March 1, 2016, updated March 4, 2016
Posted on March 1, 2016, updated March 1, 2016
Posted on April 4, 2015, updated March 1, 2016
I give Easy to Grow Bulbs a high rating on customer service and very good quality products.
I\\\\\\\'ve ordered Belladonnas, day lily, ranunculus, bearded iris, Dutch iris. My day lily \\\\\\\"Rocket City\\\\\\\" turned out be something else. My Dutch iris turned out to be something else. My Tennison Ridge bearded iris is in bud right now but looking very yellow, again it\\\\\\\'s something else. I ordered it back in Oct of 2013 and this will be the 1st year blooming.
I have not contacted them on Tennison Ridge. I hate to be a pest! But on all other things that went wrong they have been polite and willing to correct the mistakes. They sent me 2 Rocket City day lily for one wrong one but I can\\\\\\\'t report on those two until they bloom. I can\\\\\\\'t order from them again because I want what I order. Whoever is packing items is doing a horrible job. If they are getting their products from other sources that are making the mistakes they need to find other sources because it\\\\\\\'s very disappointing as a customer to order something and get something else. The belladonnas are doing well but haven\\\\\\\'t bloomed yet for being disturbed. They may take a few years. I\\\\\\\'m hoping they are what I ordered.
On March 1st, 2016, CAndersen changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Update on Dutch Iris Golden Giant, looks like Apollo. Still waiting for Dutch Iris Rosario to bloom. After two growing seasons trying to get it right I think they need to remove Golden Giant as something available to order.
On March 1st, 2016, CAndersen changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

On March 4th, 2016, CAndersen changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

To make up for the mishap they sent me bearded iris, very nice of them to do that! They try their best to please their customers.
Positive graceofagarden
Colorado Springs, CO
January 11, 2016
I am the garden manager for the Horticultural Art Society Public Gardens in Colorado Springs. I ordered 300 Daffodils from them - and wow! They were the biggest, most beautiful bulbs I have ever seen. So happy I have found this company. Plan on ordering some peonies shortly - not only for my work garden, but also for my home. Very, very pleased.
Positive rdtjr05
Franklin, TN
December 11, 2015
Posted on October 22, 2015, updated December 11, 2015
Order quickly and accurately fulfilled and shipped. Excellent quality - all bulbs good-sized and very firm with no sprouting. Threw in a free package of white chionodoxa. Will order from them again next year.
On December 11th, 2015, rdtjr05 added the following:

Update on the "amaryllis" bulbs. The La Paz is blooming with two stalks. I am especially pleased that the papilio is also sending up two stalks as these can be shy to bloom right away.
Positive cbelle
Bloomfield, CT
November 13, 2015
I am having a party in December and wanted to have paperwhites blooming in time for them to be centerpieces for the tables. I wasn't sure exactly when I should order them so that they would be blooming in time, so I emailed Easy to Grow Bulbs. They responded to my email immediately, and told me that I could order the bulbs that day, and they would ship them so that I could plant them at the appropriate time for them to be blooming at the party.

The bulbs arrived exactly on the correct date for me to plant them. And, the bulbs are huge! I didn't realize until after I had ordered from them that their paperwhite bulbs are the highest quality and size. I've never seen paperwhite bulbs this large! They started rooting in just 1 day from planting.

I am very impressed with the excellent customer service and quality of the product. I will definitely order from them again!
Positive weedsfree
Magna, UT (Zone 7a)
November 11, 2015
Posted on November 4, 2015, updated November 11, 2015
I too am a first time customer. I have been watching for a good price on the butterfly amaryllis for a few years. I just decided to take the plunge and buy one from them this year. The bulb is very much alive and healthy it seems. Prices are good considering the size of bulb I received. Shipping is fast and reasonable too.
On November 11th, 2015, weedsfree added the following:

I didn't get my bulb potted as quickly as I would have liked, though it was still within the same week I received it. The very next day of potting my bulb, it started to grow 2 leaves! They are still growing too. I am very satisfied. THANKS!
Positive VA_GARDEN
Hood, VA (Zone 7a)
October 24, 2015
First time customer, and very pleased with the service and the quality of the bulbs I received. I only wish I had found their site earlier in the season. Many of the unusual bulbs I wanted to order were sold out. I will definitely be ordering earlier next year.
Positive chicomorales
st maarten,
Netherlands Antilles
October 20, 2015
Great company great service and great prices!
Positive vitz
July 14, 2015
ordered twice from this company in late spring/early summer. both orders arrived, promptly, flawlessly, w/ all items healthy and true to my order. going to be the alternative to 'the hosta farm' when their 'fall bulbs' come into stock. ordered hostas, astilbes, butterfly bush, chicago fig, honeysuckle,- all are doing stupendously
Positive haireecat
Bogart, GA
June 23, 2015
This past spring I ordered 2 Antioch hostas, 2 Concertina bearded irises, plus 2 of the Bicolor Butterfly Bushes. All plants arrived well packaged, with no damage. Shipping was quick. Since then all plants are growing great! I did run into a problem, though......when the butterfly bush bloomed, I realized it wasn't a Bicolor. I had been sent two Lavender ones, and they had been mismarked. I contacted the company, and they were wonderful to work with. Dena was very quick to respond, and after seeing the picture of my blooms, assured me I wasn't imagining things. She immediately sent two replacement Bicolors. Fantastic service, Dena was just a peach to talk to, and I can't wait to place more orders!
Positive RBKB444
Lansing, MI (Zone 5b)
June 10, 2015
Posted on June 9, 2015, updated June 10, 2015
Posted on May 30, 2014, updated June 9, 2015
After several failed experiences with rooting plumeria cuttings I decided to order from Easy to Grow Bulbs based on their good ratings and the price of the plant including shipping. I received a well packaged and well rooted cutting. I was a bit nervous about the lack of leaves but after a three weeks it finaly sprouted some leaves. I am thrilled to finaly get a growing plumeria. I would definately order from this company again.
On June 9th, 2015, RBKB444 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I had success with a plumeria plant from ETGB, but with Fox Tail Lilies I ordered last year not so much. I ordered and planted three lilies last fall and this spring nothing grew. I sent a e-mail on June 2, 2015 to ETGB and I received a quick response. The person asked to know the condition of the roots. I checked them and found them to be unchanged from when I planted them. I sent a note informing ETGB of my findings, To date I have I not received another response. I have never left a poor review for a company, but in this instance I feel that the lack of follow up warrants it.
On June 10th, 2015, RBKB444 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

After leaving my previous comment about a lack of communication from ETGB, I got a very nice e-mail from Kathleen of ETGB. She explained to me that the person assigned to respond to e-mail inquiries was new and was a bit overwhelmed and not as timely as she should have been. Anyway she offered a credit for the fox tail lilies that I ordered, which failed to grow. I was initially happy with that until I discovered that this late in the season they are sold out of the plants I would like to order. So hopefully, I will be able to use the credit in the future when the plants become available.
Positive shisomadness
New York City, NY
May 29, 2015
All the spring crocus bloomed great and they were all true to name, which for some reason is difficult for many bulb suppliers. Looking forward to the saffron crocus this fall.
Neutral RandyLahey
Cleveland, OH
May 25, 2015
First time customer of Easy To Grow. I decided to pick up some Australia cannas from them since they are one of the few vendors who have them and are very reputable. I picked up 12 bulbs and one bareroot hardy geranium. The bulbs were what I expected and looked nice and healthy. I was able to rototill and plant them the day after arrival. At just over a month later, only 5 of the 12 have sprouted. The geranium has yet to show any signs of life either. I had ordered more of the same type of canna from Longfield about a week after I received my bulbs from Easy and 13 out of 15 of those bulbs have sprouted now. The 2 that haven't sprouted yet had damaged stems from removing them from packaging. The speed at which my newer set of bulbs came up has me concerned that the rest of the bulbs from Easy that haven't sprouted will not. Overall, I'm fairly disappointed, but I'll give it more time before a final review
Positive Fishman1
Selden, NY
May 20, 2015
I ordered 2 Chicago Hardy fig trees from ETGB's. Living as far away from San Diego as possible, I waited for 6 days for the trees to arrive. They got here this morning and I unpacked them immediately. They were packed very well, nice and secure. One was bone dry and showing a little brown on some of it's leaves, the other was moist and seemed to be quite healthy. Both plants had nice shapes, and were larger than I would have expected from a mail order company. One drawback was a baby wolf spider hidden in a curled up leave. I guess you can't prevent everything. All in all, I am very satisfied with the plants, I just hope after a good drink, the dry one makes it. I would recommend this company to anyone, they seem to care about the plants and what they send to customers.
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
May 7, 2015
I have ordered from them several times - always been happy with the size and quality of what I receive & I'll keep on ordering :)
Positive Patty57
Wake Forest, NC (Zone 7b)
May 2, 2015
I ordered a couple Lily bulbs from this company. Received healthy bulbs with no wait at all. Would use them again.
Positive jkalte
Clinton, WA
April 24, 2015
One of the carpet roses in our Sunset Trio arrived with a hole in the package, completely dried out and sporting a sad, greyish hue. After contacting Dena at customer service, we planted the suspect coral rose, and waited one week, after which there was no improvement. We attempted to prune down the stems to reach solid green, to no avail. We contacted Dena again, and were immediately shipped a very vigorous coral carpet rose replacement. We are extremely happy with this supplier and look forward to enjoying our roses this summer!
Positive LIRose
Peconic, NY
April 23, 2015
I had never ordered from this company before, but based on the ratings here, last fall (2014) I purchased 30 Ice Follies daffodil bulbs from Easy to Grow Bulbs. Each package of "10 bulbs" actually included about twice that many bulbs, and overall the bulbs were by far the largest I have ever seen in my many years of gardening. Fast-forward to the present day (April 2015), and all of the bulbs are blooming beautifully in my spring garden, are all true to name/label. I am so happy to have found a reputable supplier of quality bulbs.
Positive iykim
Hillsborough, CA (Zone 10a)
April 22, 2015
This is my GO-TO place for bulbs. They have the highest quality and largest size bulbs with decent price/bulb that always perform for me. Since I am in Zone10a, tulips do not do well. However, they recommended the species tulip, and with their advice, I got a couple dozen Tangerine Beauty tulips a few years ago. They bloomed in a spectacular show of electric orange, and the leaves also added interest as they are wavy and sage-green in color. The following year, they came up (ALL of them) and to my surprise, actually more than what I planted came up and bloomed again. They have naturalized and without fail, come up every spring to put on a show. I bought 30 more bulbs from them last fall, and these also were high quality, came up, and bloomed for me this year. I also purchased Belladonna Lily (aka Naked Ladies) bulbs from EG. They were the largest I have seen and also had the best price for these. I highly recommend this place for all your bulb needs.
Positive rozrita
Douglasville, GA
April 21, 2015
The quality of the plants was by far the best I have ever encountered from a mail-order company. The bare root plants were robust and healthy, not withered and desicated. The live plants were large and lush. Great care was taken when preparing and packaging the plants for shipment.
Positive Qdangson
Quincy, MA
April 20, 2015
Posted on April 5, 2015, updated April 20, 2015
Posted on March 25, 2015, updated April 5, 2015
Posted on February 15, 2015, updated March 25, 2015
Love them.

I placed an order for about 900 for lily bulbs to be shipped to MA Feb 2012. They arrived within a few days. The Casa Blanca\\\\\\\'s were packed in plastic crates in peat and were clean with very little breakage and lots of white roots! White roots! The orien-pets were gigantic. Everything thrived.

Spring of 2013 I ordered gloriosa tuners. Great quality, size and price. All grew. I also ordered begonia tubers. Huge and grew and grew quickly. I wasn\\\\\\\'t so happy with the quality of the flowers as they were inconsistent and not fully double but overall I was still happy.

I just placed an order for cannas and dahlias to be shipped as soon as possible which will be the first week of March. Ive ordered dalias from other places before and have always been disappointed with all the broken clumps. I\\\\\\\'m hoping ETGB\\\\\\\'S dahlias will be much better quality.
On March 25th, 2015, Qdangson added the following:

Just received my order from them. The dahlias are to be expected since they are holland imports. Inconsistent, some were large with intact tubers others were just piles of broken tubers. Not much different from big box stores but i know Ill be gauranteed the variety ordered. The art nouveau gallery dahlias were the most disappointing. After removing the broken tubers I was barely left with a crown. As long as I get a plant from each clump ill be happy.

The Tropicanna were as advertised but smaller and more expensive than Longfield Gardens. ETGB seem to be divisions. Longfields are tissue cultured.

The Valentine dicentra were great. They may have made a mistake and sent me a bundle of 3 as opposed to a single 3/5 eye division. No complaints there.

The hedycium coccinea were good sized.

The red hanging basket begonia tubers are small but viable. I was expecting to plant one tuber per basket but may have to plant 3 per basket.

The gloriosa lilies are the least expensive of any vendor Ive searched and Im very happy with them.

On April 5th, 2015, Qdangson added the following:

I have to say that ETGB\'s customer service is obscenely good. Not 10 minutes after I posted my positive but slightly critical review, I was contacted by Kathleen to rectify ,y disappoinment, but I declined since I always over order just in case. She also offered me a credit on my next order which I may take up, but only for the hanging red begonias. Although I expected better quality for the dahlias,my last count revealed that every single one of them has either eyes up or sprouted, even the tubers that were just a swollen stem.mIn their defense, the quality isn\'t any worse than any other vendor but it\'s their customer service that really stands out.

Overall, one cafe au lait tuber hasn\'t grown, the stem seems like it was ripped off the tuber but there\'s still hope for it, 2 of the hanging red tuberous begonias have gone soft. I was a bit disappointed with the size of the tropicanna rhizomes, but lo and behold, they definitely have more than 2 eyes growing from each and have already started growing less than 2 weeks after planting.

I highly recommend ETGB. It\'s nice to be contacted by a real person who cares and would go out of their way to make sure your order isn\'t just acceptable but that you have an exceptional experience.
On April 20th, 2015, Qdangson added the following:

Just placed another order to replace the ones that didnt grow. The most promising dahlia clumps rotted as well as 2 tuberous begonias. The sorriest dahlias ended up growing pretty well. There are a few that havent shown eyes but its been 3 weeks so I just went ahead and ordered the again. So basically, out of 9 clumps of Harmony dahlias, 4 grew well, 2 havent shown eyes and 3 rotted. ETGB upgraded to priority shipping at no charge which was a.really nice surprise.
Positive TN_Hosta_Guy
Jackson, TN
April 10, 2015
This one of my first experiences ordering Hostas online, so I didn't know what to expect. I ordered the Fantastic Foliage Collection and a Medio Variegata. The items arrived in under a week and shipping confirmation was given the day after I placed my order. The bulbs arrived packed in great shape and were packed separately with the names of each plant on a nice little package. The bulbs are already starting to sprout in the package, and look very healthy. I would not hesitate to order from them again.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]