The scoop on 'North Creek Farm'

North Creek Farm

24 Sebasco Rd.
Phippsburg, Maine 04562 (United States)

Visit North Creek Farm at:

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Comments:

Positive urbanimage5
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
May 1, 2012
Last spring I ordered 2 rosa rugosas (Jens Munk and Roseraie de l'Hay), after a very helpful email exchange to help choose the most appropriate varieties for our garden. The plants were well packaged, arrived quickly and were in excellent condition when they arrived, with extremely well developed root systems.

Both plants put on good growth and bloomed during last year's growing season. With this spring's unusual weather patterns, they've gotten a head start and both put on nice growth already. Jens Munk has its first bloom - just opened today - with many more to open soon.

I've been very pleased with the helpful advice before the sale and the health and vigor of the plants since then. I would definitely buy from them again and have recommended them to friends.
Positive sunsign5
Ipswich, MA
May 6, 2011
I got a nice size polareis rose. Very healthy and it's growing nicely in my garden. She has alot of rugosa roses. I would buy again from this company.
Negative deereyebrow
Black Hawk, SD
July 5, 2010
I ordered several roses and clematis plants. They were shipped in one big box, and the clematis plants did not have any kind of packing or securing with their pots or to the shipping box. Two of the three clematis plants fell out of their pots. One of them had its one and only stem broken from the base, and the other one had all of its leaves shriveled and dried. I wrote to them immediately, with attached pictures of the plants. The response I got was 'they should live, but the growth will be set back'. No apologies or regrets. And since most of the plants I ordered were sold out (it was only the beginning of May), that I should try to save these plants, and if they eventually die, they can offer a refund. So I tried my best to baby them, but still one of them died. I wrote to them asking for a replancement or refund, and there's no response from them. I am disapointed with this nursery.
Positive bseward
Kilmarnock, VA (Zone 7a)
April 26, 2007
I just received my order of a Polareis rugosa rose and it was just perfect. I had several conversations with Suzy about this purchase and was very pleased with the communication and assistance. I highly recommend this vendor. Betty
Positive LI_Rose
(Zone 6b)
February 15, 2006
Unlike most other rose vendors that sell only large grafted, bareroot specimens (so-called grade #1) OR only small own-root specimens (in band or gallon sized pots), with North Creek Farm you get the best of both -- huge bareroot plants (grade #1 size) grown on their own roots. The roses are healthy and reasonably priced as well. Nice selection of winter hardy roses for northern gardens.

LIR
Positive Cottage_Rose
(Zone 5b)
November 11, 2004
I was pleased with my first order of roses from NCF although one of the roses was quite small but it did grow well. They specialize in Rugosas and have some rare varieties. Their annual brochure is delightful, whimsical reading. Wish they had a website.