The scoop on 'The Growers Solution'

The Growers Solution

2212 Isaac's Pass
Cookeville, Tennessee 38506 (United States)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive cayennehead
Supply, NC
April 1, 2012
Made my 1st order with GrowersSolution.com in March 2012. I had a few questions on irrigation using drip tape. The sales staff was extremely helpful. I will be ordering from them again!
Positive organicFarms1
Whiteville, TN
October 3, 2011
Posted on October 3, 2011, updated October 3, 2011
The first time, a couple of years ago, I was very pleased with the service I received. It only took 2 days to receive our order but we are in west TN so it didn't have far to travel.

This time, they did not have everything but did not call until after I had inquired about the length of time since the order. Then, I was eventually offered a substitute for the one item no longer in stock. I was told it would ship that day. I also requested priority mail (shouldn't have as that always seems to be slow).

A week later, I called but the receptionist was less than pleasant and kept hanging up on me without any apologies (no, I was not rude at all). Eventually, I was forwarded on to someone who remembered talking to me but suddenly had no idea what happened to the order. Unlike the first time, there was no tracking number so I could check myself. When I finally got a response, I was given a USPS tracking number that doesn't exist or at least "there is no record of this item" per the USPS tracking system.

Honest mistakes are understandable but I think I will need to go elsewhere. Very sad as they seemed so good before.
On October 3rd, 2011, organicFarms1 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I have to state that I was very pleased with the sincerity of the Grower Solutions owner, Roger and his assistant, Mike in quickly correcting this problem once it came to their attention.

They were more than fair in resolving the problems I encountered. It is a genuine pleasure to speak with and actually have such quick and positive resolution of a problem. As a very small business, we understand the problems with communications on the part of some of your employees particularly when people get busy and do not pass the information along.

We will continue to do business with them as a result of their actions to admit and correct their mistakes. If only other companies and individuals would do the same!!
Company representative comment on October 3, 2011:
On Oct 3, 2011 11:26 AM, The Growers Solution responded with:

We screwed up ! Spoke with customer and have corrected order. It was our mistake. We have hopefully corrected an internal problem and this will not happen again. Again, Our fault but we are making sure it does not happen again.

Positive cluelessnTN
Oak Ridge, TN
April 3, 2011
75+ plump, beautiful asparagus crowns arrived 2 days after I placed my order. Very pleased, will recommend this company to my friends.
Positive coltsfoot
Susquehanna, PA
January 20, 2011
I placed 4 orders for products during the 2010 season ;all arived complete and on time. The products were as described and of professional quality. Good prices and customer service.
Positive SoutheastIndy
Indianapolis, IN
October 16, 2010
Posted on November 19, 2009, updated October 16, 2010
Ordered some 1 gallon nursery trade pots. Great communication and fast shipping. Will buy from again.
On October 16th, 2010, SoutheastIndy added the following:

I ordered fifty 2 gallon trade pots. The post arrived about four days later and I'm very pleased with their service.
Positive cat64129
(Cathy), MO
August 11, 2010
Fantastic company! I was recently hostess for a Co-op for Dyna-Grow Neem Oil with this company. I have used them for co-ops in the past, for 2 other products. Plant labels and heating mats. In every experience with them, the products were delivered when they were promised or before, and were exactly what was ordered. The one time we were missing a roll of labels, they promptly replaced it. Roger is great to work with. You can't go wrong ordering from this company.
I have also ordered as an individual a few times for pots and misc. Same result. Exactly what I ordered received quickly and in good shape. Great bunch of people.
Positive tjberg09
Westhoff, TX
March 11, 2010
Placed order with Growers Solution a few weeks ago. Shipping was prompt. Great company for gardening supply. Great prices too. Highly recommend. Will order from them again.
Positive onewish1
Denville, NJ (Zone 6b)
April 4, 2009
We had a co-op with Growers Solution and had nothing but personal & professional care. The best price on cow pots that I could find and fast shipping. Can't wait to buy again from them.

Positive taynors
Urbana, OH (Zone 5b)
June 22, 2008
i have ordered several things from this company. I had great service and the prices are good.
I did have one set back on one order. It did finely come, but was to late in the season for me to use it . I sent it back and am still waiting for my refund.
Other than that i will still order from this company.
He does have the best price on cowpots !!
Positive Zarebeth
Circle Pines, MN (Zone 4b)
March 9, 2008
I held a Co-Op through Grower's Solution. I have never received such attention and great customer service. Not to mention, they gave us all the best price I could find on Cow Pots. I ended up ordering over 5 cases, and they arrived promptly, in good shape, and exactly as described.

I would not hesitate to do business with them again... in fact, I will check their catalog to see if they carry something before I order anything again!

Special thanks to Roger who made this experience memorable, and gave personal service to each and every person who called regarding this Co-Op.
Positive patrob
Goldthwaite, TX (Zone 8a)
September 27, 2007
I recently ordered a case of one gallon pots and a case of 4" pots. My order arrived very quickly, and the pots are exactly what I was hoping for at an excellent price. I will definitely order from Grower's Solution again.
Positive ROKINGR
Lone Wolf, OK
May 20, 2007
After doing a lot of reserching and pricing I purchased a 20x72 greenhouse from Growers Soltuion. I found there price to be the best on the internet, the quality of the materials are excellent and the shipping was fast. I live in Okla. where the wind blows continually and have had several storms with 60+ mph winds with no problems. Next the service, wow!! these are some really nice folks, they are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. On several occasions they have taken time out of there busy schedules to explain how other customers that are succesful manage there operations. When they say they wont be undersold they stand behind it. I rate these guys an 11 out of 10
Positive michelle_rvc
Salisbury, NH
April 2, 2007
I just received my 1st order for 100 jiffy pots today. The order was processed very quickly and the price was the best I could find. Next time I will buy by the case. I would definately use them again.
Positive Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH (Zone 6b)
March 9, 2007
Their price for 100 1020 trays was only a few dollars higher than another source I use charges for 50. No brainer.
Positive alicewho
North Augusta, SC (Zone 8a)
December 18, 2006
I recently received my first order placed with The Growers Solution, it arrived quickly and well packaged. They also have very reasonable prices if you're looking for some items in bulk.
Positive henrykahle
Grand Rapids, MI
April 19, 2006
The Growers Solution (growerssolution.hostasaurus.com) offers a Great price, Fast shipping on Germination supplies.
When I need something they carry I will order through them again.
Positive tootsiepotts
Harmony, PA (Zone 5b)
March 22, 2006
I've found this company to be a reasonably priced source for pots, trays, and soil amendents. My second order was for humidity domes to fit the previously ordered trays. They arrived damaged - as though exposed to extreme heat somewhere along the way. Since phone contact is difficult because of my work schedule, I e-mailed the situation. The replacements arrived less than a week later. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.