The scoop on 'Kakteen Haage'

Kakteen Haage

Blumenstrasse 68
Erfurt, 99092
(Germany)

Phone: +49 (0) 361-229-400
Fax: +49 (0 )361-2294-00

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants.

Comments:

Positive Minime8484
Chandler, AZ (Zone 9b)
August 24, 2012
Posted on January 12, 2011, updated August 24, 2012
Nice variety and great system of being able to log into their website to track your plants of interest and monitor your shopping cart & orders.
Very good communication directly with staff via emails (translated from German via online software on their side, but easy to understand).
International shipping understandably took a long time; c. 2 weeks for obtaining phyto-sanitary permit, then 4 weeks from the time it left Germany to arrival at my front door.
Plant arrived in great shape with very careful packing.
On August 24th, 2012, Minime8484 added the following:

Placed a largish (12 plants) with KH this summer, and was determined to do everything legal & above-board. That meant first obtaining an import permit from the USDA for the species I wanted.
I checked with KH first to see if they had the plants available I wanted; they did.
After the Import Permit was received, I mailed it along with the USDA labels to KH (the plants MUST be shipped directly to the USDA station on the labels, with no other labels on the box) along with specific instructions in German & English.
The plants ended up taking longer than they should, but I found out that is because they also included labels on the box to MY house, as well as the USDA label.
The USPS ended up sending them directly to me!
So, I had to ship them to the USDA from my house, then the USDA determined the Phytosanitary Permit KH sent was incomplete, so I had to request they re-do it. They did so, and once I sent the new permit to the USDA, they released the plants and mailed them to me.
All in all took c. 2 months. Would have been a lot quicker if KH would have followed the instructions and also sent the complete Phyto permit.
Nonetheless, the plants were INCREDIBLE and LARGE and very healthy! So, in the end, it was all worth it.
But, be forewarned - be very specific in your instructions to KH so that they send the plants packaged correctly with ONLY the USDA label on the outside of the box!