The scoop on 'Italian Seed and Tool'

Italian Seed and Tool

HC12 Box 510
Tatum, New Mexico 88267 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Gourmet Seed International

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on December 13, 2004:
We are the North American distributor for Bavicchi, an Italian seed company offering a wide range of vegetable, herb, flower, sprout and organic seeds. Many varieties are European/Italian types often difficult to find here in North America yet much sought after by home cooks and gourmet chefs.

We also offer a line of garden and kitchen tools from the Maniago region of Italy, known for its excellence in metalworking. Although the website caters mostly to the retail market, we also service the wholesale market including growers and retailers, and welcome any inquiries as to how we can serve your needs.

As a part of Gourmet Seed International, this is a family owned business and we take great pride in the quality of the product we offer and the fast and fair service we provide, all at price representing good value.

Feel free to shop with us securely online or request a catalog. And as always, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Happy Growning!
Philip Winteregg
General Manager

Comments:

Positive AZPHATMAN
Mesa, AZ
March 14, 2012
I have ordered from Italian Seed and Tool a couple of times. Their prices are not cheap but they have more than a few hard to find varieties I wanted to try. Germination has always been good and their shipping is fast. Pay attention when ordering from them as some of their varieties are not hard to find but have different names than the ones listed by other seed companies.
Positive Markland
Allentown, PA
March 13, 2012
Very generous number of seeds in package and real fast shipping! I ordered some unique peppers and broccolini seeds. Will definately be going back for more. Very pleased!
Positive whitie
Baker City, OR (Zone 5b)
December 9, 2011
I came across this website while looking for heirloom seeds on 'Daves Garden Watchdog' . Actually it was because of another reviewers comment that I decided to give them a try. I was impressed by their overall website, catalogue product, prices and shipping rate. I ordered a box of their olive oil (my wife likes olive oil) to test them out. I couldn't be more pleased. My order was placed on-line on a friday and I received the product the following monday. I recommend this company and will probably be ordering seeds from them for 2012.
Positive Spinonitaliani
Newington, CT
January 23, 2010
Great company for anyone interested in Italian heirlooms. I placed my order of about 7 packets on Monday, and received them on Saturday of the same week...pretty good when they were coming all the way from NM! The packets are huge, like all the Italian seed companies, and are filled with info. Lots of seeds...can't wait to plant them. Great way to get the Italian seeds you love right from the source...will definitely order again!
Positive danbaker
Winlock, WA
January 12, 2008
We ordered seed last year, unfortunately too late to plant most of the seeds we got, but we did put some of the Marvel of Venice in our greenhouse, and were very pleased with germination rates and the vigor of the plants. They kept producing even when our house-sitters forgot to water our greenhouse plants for over 2 weeks in 90 - 100 degree heat. The seed we ordered was shipped very promptly, and the packets were HUGE. The packets are foil-lined, which is very nice, as I am sure our seed from last year will still be fresh for planting this spring. I was also impressed with the mushroom spore, as it is also packed in the same type of large foil packets. There is more product in less space (for a LOT less money!) than in the big box mushroom kits. It will be slightly more work starting our mushrooms, but we also have more options for doing so. We will definitely order more products from this company!
Positive cottonpicker
Audubon, PA (Zone 6b)
December 3, 2007
Very good company ( AAA) to deal with. VERY efficient and friendly service, extremely generous seed counts, willing to please with replacements (no additional cost) for incorrect varieties sent by mistake. I will definitely reorder from this very reliable & honest company. It gets my vote!! More companies should follow their lead.
Positive Agrinerd
Franklin, NC (Zone 6b)
March 22, 2007
Wow! I ordered on the 16th, they packed the order on the 17th and they arrived on the 22nd. The seed quantities were listed as "Large Euro Seed Packet" and they weren't kidding. I've seen Agretti going for $2.99 for ten seeds on Ebay, but for $3.95, I got over a thousand!
Positive michaeljanik
Reno, NV
February 2, 2007
First encountered Bavicchi seed 3 years ago in Italy; I emailed the company and they gave me the US distributor address. The seed packages are very large compared to US seeds (check the gram weights). I got a package of Cour di Bue (Oxheart) tomatoes with >10 times the number of seeds in a similarly priced US seed package. Try some of their lettuces, fava beans, and the zucchini romanesco! All orders have been complete and prompt.