The scoop on 'Nicky's Nursery'

Nicky's Nursery

33, Fairfield Road
Broadstairs, CT10 2JU
(United Kingdom)

Phone: 44 (0) 1843 600972

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on December 1, 2001:
I would like to point out that after reading your report the disclaimer window has now been modified to open only once throughout the time a visitor is viewing all the website. For all your seed requirements visit regards Nicola Nicky's Mail Order Seedstel/fax 44 (0) 1843 600972

Negative pentherbs
May 26, 2015
I ordered 39 varieties of herbs in the spring having been impressed by the variety and having ordered a few packets in the past.
However, after trying several times to contact the company by their online procedure, firstly to enquire about wholesale, to which I have never received a reply, a further enquiry via email still no response.

So, now some months of growing the seeds, just over half have shown good results, excellent results for the ones that grew! I have now resown three times the failing species rereading and carefully following the procedure of the packets.
No response from the company, not very impressed by this after sales service. Whilst I understand some seeds may fail due to conditions, I have been growing now for forty years without such appalling results. I run a small herb business and could have spent a lot of money with this company!
Seeds might be cheap but will not be using again, now ordering from the USA!
Company representative comment on May 30, 2015:
On May 30, 2015 4:41 AM, Nicky\'s Nursery responded with:

We have received 3 emails from you, 1 confirming receipt of order, another requesting bulk prices to which we asked you to email variety and quantity required. The 3rd through our contact us form asking for printed packets of 10 or 25 per variety, again we replied stating that there is a minimum order for printed (colour) packets.

We have received no further emails from you regarding the printed packets or problems with seeds

Nicky's Nursery Ltd

Negative andy60
July 15, 2013
I ordered some seeds from Nickys Nursery in March.I received only 6 seeds of Trinidad 7 Pot Jonah,3 pieces of seeds without quality and one piece of pepper fruit as a 10th seed!All seeds dark braun color without germination.I sent two e-mails asking for clarification but no answer.Frivolous company selling junk exactly deducted.
Positive vitrsna
Mexico (Zone 11)
March 25, 2013
I have just received my first order from Nicky's Nursery which i am very pleased to have recently discovered. The packaging of the seeds and information label are excellent as is communication and response time. From the UK to Mexico in 5 days short of a month is excellent time, especially these days. I look forward to visiting Nicky's again for seeds needs.
Positive bopoh
August 30, 2012
Ordered some seeds this month, the package arrived to Kazakhstan in about 3 weeks in perfect condition.
All seeds are all nicely packed in double packets with labels containing germination and growing instructions.
Great selection and prices, easy to order from the website.
Positive ainfant
April 27, 2010
I've ordered several times from Nicky's Nursery. All of my orders arrived quickly (please note that I live in Uruguay, South America) and in perfect condition. The seeds were perfectly packaged and had very high germination rates, which is especially good as I always ordered conifers. I'll definitely order again.Highly recommended.
Positive fofo2009
Polynesia (French)
May 25, 2009
Livraison assez rapide et complète. Prix très raisonnables. Bonne germination des graines. Choix étendu. pas de doutes je continuerai à être client et recommande volontiers ce site.
Positive botanikk
Italy (Zone 9b)
March 3, 2009
No problems and seed quality good.
Positive iloveroman
March 29, 2006
Excellent website. Seeds arrived quickly and in condition. Would def. use again.
Positive newbrunswick
August 20, 2005
Fantastic selection! Nicky's Nursery website is easy to navigate and informative. I ordered several packets of seeds in July 2005 for fall planting. I didn't purchase a phytosanitary certificate, but had no problems with all of the seeds clearing Canada customs. Customer service is excellent! Not only was my order filled quickly (and completely), I was also notified by e-mail when my order was despatched. The seeds are all well packaged and labeled. They even include free seeds with every order. Can't wait to determine what the germination rate is next year.
Positive Iann
July 5, 2003
Excellent service. Superb packaging and labelling. Easy to order from the website. 100% germination on wave petunias and just about 100% on everything else. This will be the first place I buy next year.
Positive squire
January 18, 2003
Excellent service and germination rates, the catalogue on CD rom is a good idea. I shall be using them instead of the another UK company I have used for a number of years.
Other seed stores have a lot to learn to be able to compete with them on customer care and seed quality.
Positive robin567
January 1, 2001
I have received seed from Nicky's Mail Order Seeds in 3 DAYS. Any queries and they reply very quickly and very helpful in locating seed that is not in their online catalog I even received their online catalog on CD-ROM free.