The scoop on 'Roseland Nursery'

Roseland Nursery

1533 Ideal Lane
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina 27526 (United States)

Phone: 919-552-0552

Comments:

Positive Wilsonsrose
Clayton, NC
April 23, 2011
I've bought 6 own root roses from Donny at the farmers market in the past 5 years. They are very healthy. She was very helpful in guiding me how to plant my roses and keep them blooming. She may not have a good website, so call her, email her and she will help you out. She has great roses and a bunch of them.
Positive jojomood
Saint Joseph, MO
October 26, 2006
Donny at NC Roseland is excellent to work with. I ordered several own root roses from her last year. She was very helpful in placing the order as the website was very hard to manage. I received my order promptly and the roses were in excellent condition and continued to thrive and please me throughout the year. I felt the price was extremely fair for the quality of the plants I received. The shipping cost is a bit high but unfortunately that is true for every vendor of anything. Please call her to see what she has available and I am sure you will be pleased with her personal service, quality plants, and reasonable cost.
Positive Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA (Zone 9a)
August 31, 2006
This is the best source I've found this year for own-root roses. The Website was impossible to navigate, but I spoke to the owner by telephone and placed an order for seven roses.

I should have ordered more. The roses were sent to me a few days later and had been packed with the utmost care. They were magnificent. One was already over two feet tall.

The price of the 1-gallon roses is reasonable. The selection is amazingly varied. Shipping to California by priority mail was expensive, but well worth the cost. The seven roses were shipped in their containers in three separate boxes in the middle of July and arrived without any sign of stress. Not one leaf, bud, or twig was damaged en route.

I've bought less expensive own-root roses from several nurseries this year, but most of them would have to grow another year or two before they could match Roseland's plants. In fact, I've bought more expensive roses that were only half the size.
Positive pegdog
Winchester, VA (Zone 6a)
August 28, 2006
Email was my venue for communication. Very responsive and helpful. The website isn't up to date and a bit tedious to negociate, but contacting the company and receiving information was a snap! Waiting for the order and looking forward to it.
Positive Cloisters
New Bern, NC
April 8, 2005
Very healthy plants, fairly priced. The plants I received early this spring were medium in size with extensive root systems. Good packing. Great selection of roses, some hard to find. Owner was very responsive to a series of questions. Am awaiting a second order from Roseland.