The scoop on 'Kilgore Seed Company'

Kilgore Seed Company

P.O. Box 2082
Lake City, Florida 32056 (United States)

Phone: 386-754-1938

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark Reports from readers indicate that mail is returned and the phone has been disconnected. If anyone has a status update on Kilgore Seed Company, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Comments:

Positive polishprinz
Live Oak, FL
January 5, 2007
during the 80's i did the winter garden research for
Troy Bilt tiller company and garden way company .... as
redbird services in south florida ... we bought a lot of your products and enjoyed a fine relationship..! I am now retired and in
live oak , fl. .... hope to buy some smaller amount of seeds, etc. THANKS for very good catalogue [ 2003]
maybe if i could find your place ,, i would like to come on over ... remember TV show .... [ Dick Raymonds Gardens ]?
he is still going strong ... thank you all again... !
Positive stevesgarden
Brooksville, FL
April 29, 2006
My mother used to buy Kilgore's seeds when I was little in Miami, Florida and when I got married and had a family, we bought vegetable seeds and flower seeds from Kilgore and all of them came up every time and were the healthiest, biggest, best, and most admired! So much so, that Toro did a commercial in our garden using their new weeder. The vegetable garden was 24'x48' and the rows ran north and south with cucumbers and cantalope on the sides. The whole neighborhood learned about how to cook fresh beets and the green tops, turnips, kohlrabi, and all enjoyed the tomatoes, carrots, sweet corn, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green peas, green beans, and pole beans, sugar snap peas, cauliflower, collard greens, acorn and yellow summer squash, zuchinni, spinach, leaf and romaine lettuce, rutabaga, radishes, and mustard greens. The biggest sweetest beef steak tomatoes you've ever seen too! That would've been during the 1970's and we've been buying their seeds no matter where in Florida we've lived ever since and still having the best success of any seeds we've ever bought from Kilgore. We recommend this company highly. We've tried other companies seeds and never had the success we've had with Kilgore seeds and doing business with this company has always been a pleasure too.
Positive organicgerry
Naples, FL (Zone 10a)
February 17, 2005
You have to leave a message on their voice mail and they will return your call. Harold (I think he is the owner) was very helpful -- together we made up a seed order for my SW Florida garden. He sent me the seeds and I mailed him a check after I received the order. He chooses seeds that are good for warm humid climates like Florida, the Gulf Coast Staates, and Carribean. Prices and quality are good, I recommend this company. Call and they will mail you a free catalog.