The scoop on 'Pars Produce Co.'

Pars Produce Co.

3025 Roundhill Road
Alamo, California 94507-1710 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-855-7277
Paper Catalog Cost: $10 (refundable w/1st order)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Negative zahra2003
Kendall, FL
August 28, 2012
Pars Produce is a very dishonest company. They has no customer service at all!!.
No respect for customer!!!,the guys who answers the phone is always angry and mad at you no matter what are you calling for, even if you want to put the order he fights with you and shouts at you. They will not accept any things and blame you for any issue.
Their products also have low quality with no guaranty.
They have nothing better than other nurseries but more expensive. Do not waste your money and your time dealing with this guy at pars produce. I called him to let know that my trees died and never grow, in my surprise he shouted at me , spoke with an inappropriate language and said that I am lying!!!.
Again do not put your money in garbage, they have no customer service and no respect for you, they even not happy to answer the phone you have to call 100 times to reach them
Positive zara1
Alamo, CA
August 14, 2010
I was looking for rare mulberry trees.The owner was very helpful helping me with different variety's of mulberry, to my surprise they had over twenty different ones.The one i chose was farazad .I also bought Persian sour cherry .A great place to visit for those who love rare fruit trees.
Negative a3817
Pleasanton, CA
May 18, 2010
Poor, over priced and no customer service. Thatís summarizing my experience. Purchased 4 trees. One died and the other three are not producing. If you call the owner, he would blame you for any issue. You are better off to stay away from Pars Produce.
Positive mike481967
Walnut Creek, CA
April 28, 2010
I visited the nursery on 4/24/10 looking for some middle eastern strains fruit trees.I was able to find all my trees that local nursery's don't carry.They also have a website parsproduce.com whitch made me to go there.They mostly focus on middle eastern fruit trees strain and varieties.some of my favorites was Saveh pomegranate ,Persian medlar ,Persian jasmine and Lebanese apple.A great source of middle eastern fruit trees and plants.
MK.
Negative april123
Washington, DC
April 9, 2010
I have order some trees from this company , the promise to send me the trees as soon as they cash my check , but it has been over 3 weeks since they cashed my check and i have not received anything yet , i am very disappointed , they are very Rude and do not speak English , they old guy that answers the phone calls most of the times started cussing at me when i called for the second time to check the status of my order , this place is a joke , they do not return any phone calls , they just get your money and run , no wonder they only accept checks , well i lost $550.00 but you can save your money and buy your trees from the local nursery .
Good luck
Negative jonathanhodges
Fort Collins, CO
April 5, 2009
I tried to place an order online. First they don't accept credit card as the company web page claims. I called to verify shipping charges, which is not clear from the company web page. The owner gave me individual prices for my items, and total shipping costs. I mailed a form with my items and prices he provided along with the company form. After two weeks I followed up with a call and the owner did not acknowledge the receipt of my order. I gave him my name and the fact that my check for the amount of $385 had cleared the bank. Finally I heard a lady's voice who told the person on the phone that she had my order. Then the owner proceeded to tell me that I had not sent enough money. That one item on the list was not available in bare root, and required more shipping cost. He told me that he was going to ship my items the next day and I needed to send in another $50. I mailed another check for $50 with another copy of my order and additional notes to remind them what the check was for to the same address as before. I followed a week later with several phone calls, and every time I was told that they didn't know what I was talking about and that they had no record of my order. At the meantime, the $50 check had not cleared my bank. I can only guess that it is sitting in a pile of unorganized desk. I received a response to one of my emails I sent the company after I mailed my order saying that I needed to call. So, I did. Again, they had no recollection of my name, my order, or why I was calling. They asked me to fax them my order, which I did the next day and followed by a phone call. Then they told me that since they never received my $50 check, they did not ship my order and started to offer me other options. Since I lost confidence in the company's performance and reliability, I asked them to return my $385, and went to my bank and at the cost of $30 put a stop payment on my $50 check. I am very disappointment at the level of service and their web page misrepresentation and would like to discourage anyone from doing business with this company. They told me that they are going to send my check back within a day or two, but I have to wait and see if they are willing and capable of doing this.
Negative tehrani
Walnut Creek, CA
January 22, 2008
Plants that I bought are available on other places and almost half price and available in the States. Raintree nursery, OC Nursery, L.E CooKe Nursery and others can send you whatever you see on Pars Produce Website cheaper. None are rare fruits!!!!
Negative scottfsmith
Baltimore, MD
August 6, 2007
I have mail-ordered and attempted to mail-order from this company several times. I have always had major communication problems since the person answering the phone usually does not speak English, and when I send letters they seem to be ignored. I would probably not mind this too much if they filled the orders that I mailed/faxed them, but they substituted varieties I did not want, and without checking with me. When I wrote asking what happened I did not get any reply at all.

In conclusion, if you can pick up the tree in person and see that the tag is what you want, you are probably fine with this company. If you want to mail-order and do not speak farsi I would recommend not even trying. The prices are also very high and I could never get them to ship bare-root at the cheaper prices, it was only potted plants which also cost a lot for shipping. The plants that I got were healthy and have generally done well.
Neutral fruitlover
Concord, CA
March 12, 2006
Ordered some fruit trees and roses last week. They arrived today and we are so happy to have found such a great source for rare fruit trees and roses. Dr. Kermani

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "saralee" and "epirdavari" below and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Neutral saralee
Oakland, CA
March 7, 2006
Very nice people and interesting rare fruit trees. I was looking for quince and peach trees and ended up buying 3 more of sweet berrys. I will for sure go back again and recommend to fruit lovers to visit the business.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "fruitlover" (above) and "epirdavari" (below) and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Positive 30253025
Alamo, CA
March 7, 2006
Very good source of bareroot fruit trees and containers. I bought some Persian green plums and Pakistan mulberries.unlike many mail order companies that send very small bareroot trees,their trees are about 6 to 8 ft tall and come in very tall corugated boxes. Boxes are over 6ft tall and the trees are mature big and healthy. Very good source of Persian and middle eastern varieties.they were also very helpful on the phone.
Dr.Rahimi
Neutral epirdavari
Danville, CA
March 6, 2006
Recently saw an advertis for Pars Produce on TV. Called them up and I was told that they are open to public Saturday and sundays. We visited the nursery last Saturday and to our surprise found almost everything as they claimed on their ad. such as rare fruit trees and Roses and Jasmins from Iran. We bought few of our favorit fruit trees such as pamagranet, sweet lime and doughnut peaches and few of the beautiful and fragrant roses. We found Mr. Khodadad extremely helpful. With his 50 years of experience in gardening and agriculture, he spend plenty of time with us to teach us how to correctly plant the items we bought and how to take care of them. We strongly recommend him and his nursery to those who are looking for rare middle eastern fruits and flowers.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "saralee" and "fruitlover" above and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Negative FountainValley
Fountain Valley, CA
April 1, 2005
I ordered 2 trees from Mr. Khodadad back in September 2004 who told me that I should receive my order within two weeks. Between October and January I called Pars Produce about twice a week to enquire about the delivery of my goods.

Each time I was told a "cock and bull" story, and I will list them as follow:

3 times ... "really, you havn't got it yet? ahhhh, we'll send it by UPS right now" ...

2 times ... "we lost your order!" - this is of course after they had withdrawn from my credit card account.

1 time ... "may be another company took money out of your account, because we didn't."

After they admitted that they did take money out of my credit card account, the excuses were as follows:

2 times ..." really, you havn't got it yet? well it's because we fired our incompetent delivery staff. We are not re-training the new staff."

3 times ... "we are busy why are you calling us so much. You'll get your goods when you get it".

1 time ... "people are dying in the world out of hunger - and you keep calling us for your two stupid trees".

2 times ... "everyone else is waiting - why are so impatient?"

After four months of calls - I gave up and now it has been nearly 7 months and nothing. I lost my money to these scam artists because the bank refused to give chargeback after four months. They lied to me again and again saying that the goods were shipped, the order was not received, etc. etc. and ultimately they ripped me off.

Dr. Kamron
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Company representative comment on June 5, 2005:

On Jun 5, 2005 8:40 PM, Pars Produce Co. added:

Pars Produce Rebuttal to Dr. Kamron:

Pars Produce continuosley stride to provide the best "customer Service" for its clients.

In order to find out. more about the above customer and to work out a satisfactory resolution, we carefully reviewed our files, going back to January 2004, unfortunately we were unable to find either a customer by the above name/ zip code , or such order.

Pars produce has an impecable history and positive track record , with clients for the past 50 years in California and overseas.
With direct contact with us via phone or email, and providing accurate name and address , we will be able to resolve any customer service issues .

Pars Produce