The scoop on 'Butterfly Gardens by Robyn'

Butterfly Gardens by Robyn

Spring, Texas 77379
(United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Closed Per a note from the owner on April 8, 2006 Butterfly Gardens by Robyn is closed.

Company Comment, posted on February 8, 2005:
Notice as of March 10, 2006:

I will be taking special orders only on plants, as they become available from the grower. I am working full time landscaping or at the greenhouse and nursery, with little time to prepare for a move, please be patient. My daughter is getting married and we are all moving to the Hill-Country to start a new family business.

BUTTERFLYBYROBYN has been working on a website for two years and selling plants on E-BAY. Time just slips away. I have worked out MOST of the shipping dilemmas. All of my plants are grown by professional growers for the nursery trade in the Houston area. I order plants and seed from around the world to be custom grown by these same growers. Come to my new E-BAY store BUTTERFLY GARDENS BY ROBYN. You will find lots of rare and unusual instant gratification plants in one to five gallon containers. You will also find those same plants in smaller four inch containers. Special orders, landscape design and naturescapes consultation available. My goal is to put a smile on your face when you open that box and see your plants from BUTTERFLY ROBYN.

Comments:

Positive sarahnoel
Spring, TX
December 5, 2005
Robin is a master gardener, with twenty five years of experience. She is a wonderful resource- full of knowledge, especially on native and rare plants. She is very mindful of our environment and takes extra care to use plants that are heat tolerant, as well those that require little water. This is especially commendable, given the many demands of gardening in Houston's hot and humid climate. Not only does she have a focus on conservation, but the gardens she helps to create are a wonderful attraction for butterflies and birds. In addition, she is creative in her placement of plants, as well as in the colors she uses. Robin is truly an artist-- it is only when one watches her, do they appreciate the amount of talent it takes to create a lovely garden. She has used her gift to transform not only her own yard, but our yard as well. Thank you Robin!
Positive wildpalms
Columbus, OH
November 28, 2005
How do i begin to tell everyone about the beautiful and healthy plant material,aquired from this lady????,everything i have ever purchased,arrived in tip top shape,packaged with tender loving care,she always has the unusual and odd plants most true plant lovers crave,if you are seeking a personal plantsperson who cares ,believe me just try ordering plants from this lady,a pleasure to do business with!!!
Positive Bellebernie
Tucson, AZ
November 18, 2005
Robinís store is NOT closed. Just received several plants. The best packing I ever seen! The plants are just like I had brought them home from the local nursery. Fresh, much larger than expected and one is in bloom! The nicest person and she responds quickly to any questions. Carries lots of neat plants that are hard to find. For sure this company is number one for online plants.
Neutral sharonf
Lake Havasu City, AZ (Zone 10a)
September 23, 2005
Web site states that this store is now closed.
Positive Ramnyc
New York, NY
July 13, 2005
Found her on Ebay... ordered two plants on June 11th but never received them. Three unanswered emails finally propted me to file a PayPal claim.

Robin has produced a USPS receipt showing delivery but the concierge in my building has no record of them arriving so the problem may be with the Postal Service.

Considering this, it appears that I lost $50.00. Since it might be a USPS mistake my review is neutral. Better customer service would help.

Down the road, despite the seemingly reasonable prices, I will likely shop elsewhere where I can be assured of the plants arriving.
On July 14th, 2005, Ramnyc changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

July 14th:
I have always believed that honesty and kindness are rewarded in kind. Robin and I had difficulties but it is clear that there was a problem with delivery - it is possible that my package was mistakenly left at the wrong building. Life is too short and given the events from 9/11 to London on 7/7 it is wise to keep things in perspective.

Robin and I have communicated several times since my original rating. We actually have a lot in common and I appreciate her attention to a single customer out of the hundreds she surely has. My lost plants are just that- lost, but the problem is being resolved and she is sending some lovely alternatives appropriate for NYC.

I will shop Robin again and she won me back. Now who says "Noo Yawkers" and Texans can't get along? (despite GW!)
Company representative comment on July 13, 2005:

On Jul 13, 2005 10:39 AM, Butterfly Gardens by Robyn added:

Buyer was notified by e-mail that the plants were shipped 6/25.

USPS tracking records show that the delivery was made 6/27.

Three out of nine e-mails were unanswered due to PC problems; or I was out of town for three days

This buyer had an alternative e-mail address (that worked) to reach me.

Positive dave719
Humansville, MO (Zone 6a)
May 23, 2005
My DW user name Ellesgh odered three purple pasion plants from robin they arived in very good condition even with the mail holding them till this morning instead of putting them on the porch sat She also sent a vine as a gift We had very good service
Positive lisamr
Roseville, CA (Zone 8a)
March 29, 2005
I ordered several plants from Butterfly Gardens by Robyn and I am very very happy! The plants looked awesome...some of them in bloom even! Shipping was fast! Definitely a favorite place for me to plant shop.
Positive kareoke
Greensburg, IN (Zone 6a)
February 21, 2005
I have purchased several times from this company, plants have always been the size, and quality they claim, and packaged with care.I would order from them anytime.
Positive dmichael619
Murrells Inlet, SC (Zone 8a)
February 16, 2005
I bought plants from this company the week of (2/7/05) received them in excellent condition on the week of (2/14/05). Plants where very reasonablly priced ,packed expertly in the box and exceeded my expectations as far as the size of the plants.
Positive rylaff
Niceville, FL (Zone 8b)
February 15, 2005
I won a vine from her on Ebay. Communication was quick and she shipped the plant shortly after that. Packing was great and the plant was fresh without any wilting. Still in the pot!!!! Large plant, not just a cutting. Not only that, but the clock vine had many buds on it!!!! Highly recommend. She has my return business.
On March 2nd, 2005, rylaff added the following:

Well, I must add on more info. I have bought yet another plant from her. This time a lions tail. This thing was huge! And had buds on it. I have her marked as a favorite seller on ebay. I check her auctions daily. I am most impressed.
Positive Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX (Zone 10a)
January 30, 2005
This company has beautiful healthy plants, reasonable shipping charges and the plants were packed very carefully. The plants were shipped right after I ordered and paid for them. I am very happy with the service and plants I got from this company.
Positive stetchworth
Ocean Springs, MS (Zone 8b)
January 30, 2005
I have purchased many plants from this company in the last couple of years and have only received large healthy plants, this is a five star company. great plants, great packaging and a super nice person.
Positive DonnaB
Vancleave, MS (Zone 8b)
January 30, 2005
Have made many multiple purchase in the last 2 years and have always gotten nice big healthy plants. Even got a bonus plant one time. Was a nice surprise. She has always stated on her site if there will be any delay in shipping.
On December 1st, 2005, DonnaB added the following:

I just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful Robin is. Truly an amazing person. I had ordered a few plants before Hurricane Katrina. Well Katrina took away everything we own. When I contacted Robin 2 months later when we found a new home and told her she could ship to me, she not only sent what I ordered but also a ton of other plants for my butterfly garden. She said to tell any of her other regular customers that were in the diaster area to contact her and she had plants for them as well to help get a new garden started. Thank you Robin from the bottom of my heart
Positive Rustygardener
San Antonio, TX
January 29, 2005
I placed a large order with Robyn for the display gardens at our restaurant. The plants were all packed well, carefully labeled and arrived in excellent condition. I would use her again.
Negative JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL (Zone 8b)
January 29, 2005
I purchased several ginger plants from this company as eBay purchases about 1 year ago. The items were slow to ship and I had to remind the seller that I had purchased the gingers. When they finally arrived, the plants were withered and brown. I got them into the ground immediately to try to give them the best chance at growing as possible. I was very busy at the time and didn't get around to sending an E-mail about the plants until about 7 days later. Seller was not cooperative, stating she had a "one week" policy for refunds and replacements (which was not stated in the eBay item description). The plants made an attempt to grow, but didn't last through the season. I would not buy from her again.
Company representative comment on January 29, 2005:
A year ago I was a Square Trade Member and all of my policies were clearly stated on every auction. I had a No questioned asked replacement in 7 days on damaged plants, that was one of the policies. I now guarantee my plants for longer than 7 days, even if it was postal error or overwatered...or just planted in the wrong place. I recall a situation where I was notified 3 weeks later that the ginger arrived in poor condition, that was well over two years ago.

July 28, 2003, I broke my ankle and had surgery, my E-BAY sells were minimal until the spring of 2004.

This comment was left by someone that didn't bother to leave negative or even neutral feedback on E-BAY. Also, the comment says several gingers were purchased, I occasionally have one or two gingers at any given time. Odd thing .. I've never seen a ginger make an attempt to grow.

Butterfly Gardens By Robyn opened a store on E-bay Nov. 2004.
Positive AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI (Zone 11)
January 28, 2005
Robin sent me the most wonderful plants - and they were so well wrapped and so healthy that they pulled thru even after the USPS goofed and the box took 10 days to get here! For Begonias that is amazing.

Her willingness to help and knowledge are just added benefits to the great plants.

Carol
Company representative comment on January 29, 2005:
this is a mutual admiration society..I just love her hoyas
Positive drivetothegreen
Bennettsville, SC
January 19, 2005
I have been a customer for over 2 years now and robyn has the BEST plants i have ever received and the HEALTHIEST-friendly person and always ready to go that extra mile-why buy from the rest when you CAN buy from theBEST
Positive emh48
Premont, TX (Zone 9b)
December 30, 2004
I have been buying from Robin for almost 2 years now...
I highly recommand her.She sells healthly plants .carries some rare vines and plants.I just love buying from her.