The scoop on 'Green Screen'

Green Screen

PO Box 451
Manistee, Michigan 49660 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-968-9453

Comments:

Positive cjsteeb
Harbor Springs, MI
April 16, 2012
I have used green screen for three years and love the product. I especially like it because it's not a spray and contains no chemicals. I have the bags on my 2-4 year old fruit trees and on the corner posts around my garden. I also hung them on stakes by three young hydrangeas the deer had been nibbling on. The only problem I ever had was when I hung them too low and my dog got a hold of one. We have lots of raccoons in the area and they have never touched the bags.
Positive wharrison
Manistee, MI (Zone 5b)
June 4, 2006
We live on the west side of Manistee, MI - the place where "Green Screen" is manufactured. Our yard is within a short walking distance of the local golf course and a small herd of deer pass through our yard at least twice a day.

While it is very nice to see the mothers and their kids meandering/playing in our yard, I had a difficult time trying to find the means to prevent them from either a having meal of my garden plant - especially my old or David Austin Roses or having some dessert with some hosta, crocus, and a few other plants.

I have now been using Green Screen for two years and found them to be an excellent deer repellent. I tie them to short bamboo stakes and "plant" one or two of the staked bags around my plants - again especially the roses. So far so good.

It should be noted that these bags should be changed once a year. This spring, I had neglected to start changing them when the crocus were in bloom. Sure enough, the deer had "dessert" with my crocus bloom and "munched" on some Hosta leaves for an added treat.

I will also "confess" that our dachshund, Heinz, went slightly "nuts"over the bamboo/deer bag stake place in one of the planter in the front and did his best to knock it out of place and have a good long whiff of it. Stuff must be like catnip for dogs.

With regard to Racoons, our "Green Screen" deer bags have not suffered one bit; they seem to be far more interested in getting to the nectar place in our hummingbird feeders and the jelly in our Oriole feeder. Their intrusion in this area has been successfully thwarted by the hanging of our hummingbird/Oriole feeders on another Wild Birds Unlimited Advanced Pole System. Bless you WBU!!

One final comment, one of the cemetery's in the area - namely "Oak Grove" uses a large number of these bags in their heavily and much apprecated floral entrance. I have not seen any damage to any of the plants there.

Positive Plant_Geek
Chardon, OH
June 26, 2005
One of the best deer deternts on the market. And I have used everything! Only draw back is that dogs are attracted to the bags.
Negative sarahcincy
Cincinnati, OH
December 31, 2004
I bought some of their Green Screen deer-repellent bags. They were helpful on the phone and delivered promptly, but I found when I hung the bags up as directed, the bags were promptly ripped down and chewed up by raccoons. Since the directions on the packet claimed the product could also be used to drive away raccoons, this was disappointing. I e-mailed them, but they did not reply.