The scoop on 'Bracken Garden Center'

Bracken Garden Center

3510 Eureka Way
Redding, California 96001 (United States)

Phone: 530 241-4653
Fax: 530 241-8267

Visit Bracken Garden Center at:

Comments:

Positive berrygirl
Braselton, GA (Zone 7b)
January 1, 2005
This California garden center has been selling #1 grade bare-root roses for over 50 years as their specialty.

I found them last year on the internet and ordered from them. I was very pleased with my roses and have ordered from them again this year.

Roses came when they were supposed to and my CC wasn't charged til they shipped. They have a nice selection of all types of roses and their prices are good. IMO, the shipping cost is a bit steep but they are coming all the way from the West Coast to me, after all.

I do not believe they have a paper catalog and I have only ordered online. Website is informative and easy to navigate.

As a side note: I like that they ship their roses in Jan. and Feb. which is the time of year[early Mar.] I like to plant them here in my area of Georgia. They need to establish good roots before the heat sets in.
On January 6th, 2005, berrygirl added the following:

I rec'd another order today of two roses. They arrived when promised.
They came in a nice, HUGE box and were very well packaged and in excellent condition. Roses appear to be very healthy. This may sound like a petty thing, but I like the way they send the instructions and plant tags in a clean zip-lock bag. The paper tags are brand new . I hate to get dirty, faded , or torn tags on my plants. Of course the roses also have the metal I.D. tags on them, too. I may well amke this my source for mail-order roses.