The scoop on 'Dave's Seeds and Plants'

Dave's Seeds and Plants

6405 Peoria Ave.
Lubbock, Texas 79413 (United States)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive mkirkwag
Bellevue, WA
December 27, 2012
Posted on January 1, 2005, updated December 27, 2012
As far as I know, Dave is a one-man operation, and he is *wonderful.* I've ordered from him several times, and the result has always exceeded my expectations. This is an eBay store with a 100% positive rating on several hundred transactions. The shipping is always fast and well-packed, the communications personable, and the product as advertised. In addition, he always sends some free seeds with the order.

The stock changes regularly, so I visit often. The prices are often incredibly low--you don't notice at first, until you look at how many seeds you get for the money--but it's never a case of too good to be true. I'd recommend this store any time, to any one...except people with whom I exchange seeds...I don't want to share my little secret!
On December 27th, 2012, mkirkwag added the following:

December 2012: I had put away my hydroponics set for a few years and pulled it out again a couple months ago. I bought some commercial tomato seeds, thinking I was choosing a dwarf variety. Wrong. It overwhelmed my little set and my room. Digging around I discovered some dwarf seeds - four types - that I had ordered from Dave back in 2005. I thought, fat chance, but tested them for viability anyway. They were ALL viable. I have two of them growing in there now.
Positive Lady_Bug57
Orrville, OH (Zone 5b)
January 19, 2008
I have been buying seeds from Dave's for 3 yrs now, and have never been disappointed! It's wonderful how he includes free seeds with each order - encourages me to try new things, and I usually end up ordering more!
His shipping time is very fast, and I've not had to return any items to date!
Positive lilaclily
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
August 16, 2007
I placed my order through his eBay store right before spring. My order came promptly and well packaged. I ordered mostly vegetable seeds, and I'm pleased to report that everything is doing marvelously in my garden. I've got more tomatoes than I know what to do with, and the Rosa Bianca eggplant is almost too pretty to pick! I am especially pleased with the Asian melon as I have never gotten store bought seeds of this variety to germinate before.

I would definitely order from Dave's again!
Positive ilithiya
Salem, OR (Zone 8a)
January 31, 2007
I just received my order, so I'm basing my comments on just customer service and packing.

Ordering was easy, but when eBay tried to jerk my chain with their checkout system Dave was very calm and very helpful. :) The seeds shipped quickly and were packed well; the seeds themselves are in ziplock baggies with good instructions. Dave's gift of extra seeds is greatly appreciated - he sent me Anaheims, which were on my list to get soon (Thank you, Dave!)

Overall, I'm very satisfied! I plan on ordering again soon, and am already putting his listings on my watch list. :D
Positive Tetrazygia
Miami, FL (Zone 10b)
January 25, 2007
I recently purchased several tomato and pepper seeds from his eBay store for the first time and was very impressed--feedback to my profile was left immediately, seeds were numerous, prices were great, and shipping was fast. Everything came well packaged and labeled, and he carries a large selection of seeds. I'd definitely recommend Dave's Seeds and Plants to anyone looking for seeds through eBay.
Neutral FlipTX
Pasadena, TX
March 29, 2006
I've ordered from Dave twice, via his ebay store. He's great to deal with and I received my seeds promptly on both occasions. He also included freebie seeds with my orders. I will definitely order from him again.
On July 10th, 2006, FlipTX changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I'm changing my rating to neutral for the time being. From my previous order, the Minnesota Midget seeds turned out to be something else when I grew them out. Dave offered to replace them, so I don't take off any points for that. But my current order arrived with empty seed packets. All of them. I'm sure Dave will make it right, but in the meantime I felt my review should reflect the current situation.
Positive victorianangel
Lake Arrowhead, CA
September 15, 2005
Great service, sent extra seeds. They were packaged beautifully and delivered extremely quick. Would buy from again anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!