The scoop on 'Classy Groundcovers'

Classy Groundcovers

Classy Groundcovers has 154 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Classy Groundcovers is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

Blairsville, Georgia 30514 (United States)

Phone: 888-404-4678

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on February 27, 2006:
Classy Groundcovers is your source for the quality plants, perennials, grasses and ivies you want at a large discount off the price you would pay elsewhere.

You cannot go wrong with a Watchdog 30 site at Dave's Garden, plus we offer FREE SHIPPING.

Check out our specials and join our mail list for discount notices - you can take advantage of our sales and specify any shipping date when you checkout.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive dmshrike
Salem, NH
April 11, 2014
Posted on April 24, 2013, updated April 11, 2014
I needed many plants this year, ordered from Totally Tomato, Bluestone perennials, NH hostas, American Meadows, Classy Groundcovers, & Dans Dahlias. I will comment on each site as the orders come in.
I ordered 24 phlox from Classy Groundcovers and it came well packed with moist newspaper, pots appeared moist and plants were good color.
it took 4 days shipping but didnt seem to be a problem.
i would use again, but can only buy in bulk.
On April 11th, 2014, dmshrike added the following:

2014 plants arrived yesterday,(24 ajuga & 48 phlox) all looks good and healthy
Positive lilboogabear
Charlotte, NC
March 20, 2014
Great prices. Fast, free shipping. One of my favorites.
Positive ownroot
Dallas, TX
March 8, 2014
I ordered 24 pots of a vinca variety and they arrived well-packed and very healthy. Communication during shipment was great, I always knew where the plants were and when they would be at my door. The plants themselves are lovely, larger than I'd hoped for and fresh and green. Ordering plants sight-unseen via the internet can be frustrating so I really appreciate the superlative experience I had with your fine company.
Positive alisonskeel
Kensington, MD (Zone 7a)
November 15, 2013
I first discovered Classy Groundcovers and Dave's Garden at the same time, when I got back to gardening about 8 years ago. Best things I ever did for my garden!
Positive JetGal
Sugar Grove, IL
September 10, 2013
Placed my very first order with CG several weeks ago & was so impressed with the quality of Liriope I received that I placed another order for more of same variety Liriope + 24 potted Heuchera plants yesterday. Very happy that my 2nd order was also promptly processed & I received a shipping notice 1 day after I placed this order, too. That's awesome service & I'm sure I won't be disappointed when I receive my 2nd order :)
Positive joan_anon
Takoma Park, MD
August 26, 2013
I love this company. I've order many ground covers over the years from them, and the plants always show up in great condition. I often receive extra bare root plants in the order. I had one complaint once re: lack of description of the one-gallon plants - they are shipped without soil and I thought this was mis-leading and should have been more prominently displayed on the website. When I called, they immediately updated their website, so their customer service folks are awesome! Very good prices - I have not seen any of their competitors beat them. Highly recommended!
Positive yalch1
Cary, NC
July 14, 2013
Healthy, well established plants at a competitive price with free shipping...what's not to like.
Positive sanosekukkasin
Appleton, WI
July 8, 2013
I recently ordered 3 boxes, 24 Euonymus and 48 junipers, first time with this company and sure nervous although previous reports were good. No worries, plants arrived as promised, in great shape, and now they are growing well! I just sent another order in.
Positive towing3
Forest Heights, MD
April 22, 2013
I received 50 hosta halcyon and 25 royal standard bareroot plants. It's my first order from them and the delivery and care of the plants was exceptional. Some of the plants were so large that I was able to split them. The temperature here in Oxon Hill, MD. was to drop from 80 degrees down into the 40's that night with cool temps for about a week, so I called to ask what they recommended as far as to plant or hold, the gentleman stated that either way would be o.k. just keep the plants moist in a cool location if i was going to hold. So I planted all the plants that same evening and the plants are looking good on day 3.

I will definitely recommend and will order from CG again.
Positive msdlake
Lynn, MA
March 23, 2013
I would highly recommend buying from Classy Groundcovers, especially when you need to buy in multiples or in bulk. I bought 25 bareroot Hosta 'Royal Standard'; they were shipped very quickly and at the exact time I specified. When they arrived they were packaged very nicely, and the hostas' I received were very large two eyed divisions, some with three or four eyes, with large root systems. I can't wait to see their progression this summer! Again I would highly recommend Classy Groundcovers, and will definitely be buying from them again!

Thanks!
Positive DocR
Talladega, AL
March 20, 2013
Purchase arrived well-packaged, quite healthy. Price was reasonable. Seller provided the information I needed about the purchase without unnecessary emails, unwanted sales materiel. I'll quite probably order from them again.
Positive penguin52
Raleigh, NC
January 17, 2013
I just received 54 mondo grass plants from CG. It's my first experience ordering from them and I am extremely pleased. The plants are very large and extremely healthy. They were delivered on time and I received both shipping and delivery notices by email.

If a "VERY, VERY POSITIVE" rating were available, I'd give it to CG! I have a list of additional plants to order from them, as soon as the spring weather arrives.
Positive maryzebe
Ithaca, NY (Zone 5a)
November 19, 2012
Wonderful experience in every way and excellent, healthy, perfectly packaged plants. Will definitely be making future purchases! Very happy customer!
Positive twessell
Northport, MI
October 18, 2012
Posted on October 17, 2010, updated October 18, 2012
Posted on July 26, 2006, updated October 17, 2010
Classygroundcovers makes gardening fun. Great selection, outstanding service, quick shipping and healthy plants. I have purchased large quantities of daylilies, hostas, and other groundcovers this year and I am very pleased. Thank you.
On October 17th, 2010, twessell added the following:

Classy Groundcovers is the best! Just received another order of outstanding plants - - fast delivery, top quality, great service, large size and very healthy. Quick service and great packaging. After many, many orders, I've never had a bad experience; I am a real fan! There can be no better place to purchase plants for your landscape. It is always a pleasure!
On October 18th, 2012, twessell added the following:

Just received another order of plants - Great price and outstanding size/quality. Why would anyone ever buy plants from any other source? Thank you Classygroundcovers!
Positive Cearbhaill
Russell, KY (Zone 6b)
October 8, 2012
Posted on June 19, 2011, updated October 8, 2012
Received two orders from Classy Groundcovers this month and both arrived without a hitch. All plants were healthy and well rooted, the packing was very secure, the media moist, and they arrived very quickly after ordering. I was notified upon shipment and so was able to have the holes dug and everything ready when the plants arrived.
I have no doubt I will be ordering from them again in the future.

On October 8th, 2012, Cearbhaill added the following:

Another year and more plants from Classy Groundcovers!
It's a no brainer- need a lot of small plants?
This is the place!
No muss, no fuss- just choose a variety and a quantity and that's it. A few days later you will have your plants as healthy and happy as can be.
I sincerely wish that ALL online plant vendors were half as focused on providing this level of service. LOVE that shipping is included- it makes staying in budget easy.
Positive MendonMan
Honeoye Falls, NY
September 15, 2012
Exactly as ordered and fast shipping. Responsive to emails when I checked on in-stock quantities.
Positive etnredclay
Spring City, TN
September 6, 2012
Posted on June 13, 2012, updated September 6, 2012
Wow! Ordered Daylily (Hemerocallis) ’White Triangle’{25 Bare Root plants} - $26.75 with free shipping -- the LARGEST second-year divisions I've ever seen. Huge clusters, fat fans, love them already!

Not just happy, but once again THRILLED with my order from Classy Groundcovers.

On September 6th, 2012, etnredclay added the following:

Another order, and yet again -- great prices, great service, great plants, arrived promptly in perfect shape. What else could you want?
Positive Geraldineeliza
Baton Rouge, LA
August 3, 2012
I purchased Royal Purple Liriope from Classy Groundcovers this week. Every plant was in perfect condition, and much care was obviously taken in packing them for shipment. I am an avid gardener and have purchased plants online and before that from catalogues for many years, and no one has ever compared with the quality of plants, the packaging, and the quick shipping of Classy Groundcovers. The plants were also far superior to the ones I looked at last week at several local nurseries. Classy Groundcovers has met and exceeded my expectations.
Positive disareco
Glenmont, NY
July 1, 2012
I bought 70 liriope to plant as erosion control along my rock wall on the Hudson River. The plants were great, arrived on schedule and in great condition! Great company to do business with.
Positive 10MeadowsWay
Marlborough, CT
June 26, 2012
Order 10 LIRIOPE muscari which arrived in excellent condition and of good size.
Positive Romegrown
Rome, GA (Zone 7b)
June 13, 2012
Received 24 hardy plumbago in 3.5 inch pots. All in good condition. Planted immediately and nothing even wilted. Very pleased. Will order again.
Positive msgdgmsw
Greenwich, CT
May 25, 2012
First, there's the decision about what to order. I had already spent a lot of time learning elsewhere about the plants I might order. So, I knew that Classy Groundcovers' descriptions were clear, detailed and inclusive about the plant and about their process. This gives you confidence. Then, you've ordered, and have a question: They were extremely attentive to my email(s). Plants arrived as they said they would, beautifully packed. All was first class - - in fact, classy!
Positive gregr18
Bridgewater, MA (Zone 6b)
May 20, 2012
I ordered a couple of dozen Chrysogonums from them and the whole tray came in looking as if it hadn't been through the mail; on wilt, no drying out, no dead foliage.

I would highly recommend them for someone looking for an economical and high-quality source for ground cover.
Positive wmc
Oak Park, IL (Zone 5a)
May 20, 2012
Great value when ordering in bulk! Am very happy with a large order of juniper groundcover that arrived in a timely manner. Plants arrived in a healthy, well-established condition. Looking for excuses to order from them again.
Positive Clemmie49
Mansfield, TX
May 17, 2012
I just received 24 plants in 3.5" pots that look as fresh as if I had just gone to the local nursery to buy them. They're not scrawny plants, either. They are very full and healthy. I am very pleased, very impressed, and I will buy from them again.
Positive palmerct
The Villages, FL
April 30, 2012
Really nice looking plants, great packing and a timely delivery despite a minor mishap on the order. Apparently my address was fat-fingered when they put it into the UPS system. But when I sent CG a follow-up email with my concern about its delivery, they quickly sent a re-route to UPS and everything was fine. I'll definitely be ordering more from them -- SUPER SERVICE!!
Positive judymcdonald
Palestine, TX
April 19, 2012
Shipped nice healthy verbenas, already in bloom.
Positive roadster3791
Ellicott City, MD
April 19, 2012
This is my first experience with Classy Groundcovers, and I am very impressed. I ordered variegated liriope in 3 1/2" pots. The plants were larger than I thought they would be, appeared to be very healthy, and were very well-packed. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive eirlys1
Bronson, FL (Zone 9a)
April 13, 2012
Easy transaction, well shipped, the orange lillies arrived in great condition!

Thank you for offering bulk pricing on this hard to find item!
Positive crazyzeus1
Flower Mound, TX
March 26, 2012
Posted on March 26, 2012, updated March 26, 2012
Posted on April 6, 2011, updated March 26, 2012
First time ordering from Classy Groundcovers. Wasn't sure what to expect, and was a little nervous to spend almost $400 for 4 flats of plants.

SO glad I went with CG! They weren't the cheapest online nursery, but after reading reviews about "sticks" and "rootballs" from other growers, and all the positive "full plant" reviews from CG, it was definitely worth the money. CG was still cheaper than any local nursery or Big Box hardware store around here.

All of my plants (3 varities) were in 3" pots, with well developed roots, healthy leaves & stems, & packaged very securely. There were even 2 extra plants stuck in!

Delivery was quick & I knew exactly when they would arrive by the tracking information provided.

The plants took less than a week to arrive, and have been in the ground for 3 weeks now. They are thriving and I couldn't be happier.

A box arrived today with a complimentary hat & spade. Nice surprise!

I will definitely return to CG for my plant orders. Reasonable prices, very healthy plants, free shipping, & a guarantee. Can't beat that.

Also, if you Google "Classy Groundcovers Coupon Code" you can find the current discount codes to apply to your order. I saved about $70 on my order using a code!
On March 26th, 2012, crazyzeus1 added the following:

UPDATE: March 2011

The plants we ordered from Classy Groundcovers are all coming back into bloom and are beautiful! Our sedums were completely taken out by a hail storm last summer, but the roots were apparently so healthy that they have almost all come back this spring! And our ice plants are AMAZING this spring. We will definitely order from CG again!
On March 26th, 2012, crazyzeus1 added the following:

Oops...that update was supposed to say March 2012!
Positive Lissa2112
Arlington, TX
March 10, 2012
Ordering was super easy, and shipping was free. The plants arrived quickly, well packaged, healthy and still moist. The plants were good sized and beginingto bloom. Very happy with the product! I will definitely order from here again!!
Positive pgilreath
Greenville, SC (Zone 7a)
October 13, 2011
We ordered 1000 vinca minor plants after seeing that this was a watchdog top 30 company on Dave's Garden. We were looking to fill in a part shade area with an alternative to grass. The price was very reasonable. They notified us when they would be shipped and they arrived the next day in excellent condition with adequate moisture. We just planted them last weekend so don't know the long term result, but so far they all look good! Would definitely recommend this company if you are looking for good quality groundcovers.
Positive MikeC526
Brightwaters, NY
September 29, 2011
This is an awesome company. I placed an order last week and received the plants very quickly. They were all very healthy and were larger than I thought they would be. I will definitely use them again in the future.
Positive jhartje
OTTO, NC (Zone 6a)
September 28, 2011
The plants were not available when I first tried to order them but the company notified me when they were. They shipped the plants and they arrived in excellent condition. I can't wait until they fill in the desolate bank we look at every day!
Positive AS
(Zone 7a)
September 15, 2011
I am very much impressed. The Web site was well laid out and easy to use, the ordering experience was painless, and the plants are excellent. Well grown, healthy looking plants, packed into a sturdy box with simple but effective newspaper as packaging. This company is quick, too. To top it off, they had multiple options for payment, including payment by mail after placing the order. (unusual, in my experience for an "Internet orders only" company, but very welcome.) If I ever need to fill a large space with groundcovers again, I know where I'll be going...
Positive dkd1905
Saint Louis, MO
September 2, 2011
Best mail order experience of my life. I ordered on Tuesday and received my package on Friday (free shipping). The bare root plants were in moist packing ... absolutely no wilting or yellowed leaves. The plants have healthy thick roots. They are even larger clumps than the pictures on the web-site. I am very impressed and recommend them for your next ground cover order. Great experience all around.
Positive pdools_NJ
Sparta, NJ
July 9, 2011
Extremely pleased. Bare-root plants shipped very quickly; they were packed well, and received in excellent condition. Pricing is competitive and I'm loving the free shipping.

I will certainly be doing business with Classy Groundcovers for future plant orders.
Positive cdavidt
Statesboro, GA
June 24, 2011
Thanks, Classy Groundcovers! My wintercreeper arrived very quickly and well packaged. I know what I'll be doing this weekend (!).
Positive todbo
Colchester, CT (Zone 6b)
June 16, 2011
Posted on July 4, 2005, updated June 16, 2011
Speed, speed, speed! High recommendation.

My trumpet vines and 100 daylilies arrived in three days--Georgia to Connecticut! I planted them all immediately.

All the daylilies looked green and lively. All have taken root in poor soil and partial shade.

The bare root trumpet vines have sprouted and seem to be floruishing in a shaded area at the edge of the woods out back.

I look forward to these plants taking over a difficult hillside and edge of the woods--flowers next year!
On June 16th, 2011, todbo added the following:

I have now received four more orders from Classy. I've bought batches of 24 small pots of periwinkle, euonymus, creeping phlox, and blue green sedum. Every one of the plants is thriving (aside from a few euonymus that the voles ate over the winter) and spreading. Shipping has been quick and careful, with the plants well and appropriately packed, arriving healthy and strong. I'll be back when I need more groundcovers.
Positive sniffy1234
Owasso, OK
June 16, 2011
These plants arrived in perfect condition. In fact, the best I've every received. Somehow paypal charged me twice and they caught it and gave me a credit back.