The scoop on 'Tropical Bamboo'

Tropical Bamboo

Tropical Bamboo has 183 products listed in PlantScout.

2929 G Road East
Loxahatchee, Florida 33470 (United States)

Visit Tropical Bamboo at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Neutral luvcamellias
Little Neck, NY (Zone 7a)
August 11, 2011
Received a bamboo with black fungus-looking stuff on all of the joints of growth all over the plant. Although they offered to reimburse me for buying something to clean it, that was something I shouldn't need to do. The bamboo is a good size.
Positive ricshaw
Ventura, CA
April 5, 2011
I have ordered bamboo twice from Tropical.
Very satisfied! Excellent bamboo.
The only problem is their shipping calculation is not correct for California online customers.
I ordered two 3 gallon bamboos both times.
The final shipping cost to California was $79.90 both times (local P.O. calls it "dimensional weight").
Tropical charged me $50.50 shipping the first time and refunded me the difference.
The second time Tropical charged me $59.97 and I paid the difference.
Positive michaelschulz
Tampa, FL
January 14, 2011
Agreat source for bamboo.
Great selection.
Great service.
Great plants.

Michael
Positive GerBo
Davis, CA (Zone 9b)
August 22, 2010
I ordered a 3 gallon Bambusa chungii 'Barbellata' 5 months ago. The plant arrived in excellent condition and has tripled in size since then. I'm extremely satisfied. The only downside for West Coast buyers are the high shipping costs but that is outside the nursery's control.
Positive Heavinscent
South West, LA (Zone 9a)
January 14, 2010
This was my fist time ordering from Tropical Bamboo and Im very happy with the plants I received! I ordered 2 Bambusa oldhamii in 3gal pots. Both plants are well over 6ft tall. The packing was excellent the service was great and Im sure I will be ordering again in the future!
Positive jeffhagen
Fort Lauderdale, FL
November 9, 2007
I live in Southern Florida and have many local nurseries to choose from when purchasing bamboo. However, in spite of the numerous nurseries in my area, I always choose to buy my bamboo from these guys via mail order. They have

* The best prices
* The best selection
* Very well maintained plants
* Courteous and knowledgeable customer service
* Excellent shipping at a very low cost

I've purchased several specimens from Tropical Bamboo, and I've never been let down. If you are looking to buy bamboo, no other place can compete with these fellows.
Positive litibu
ravenna
United States (Zone 11)
March 24, 2007
Perhaps the best selection of tropical clumping bamboo. I have ordered plants several times. At times they appear to be very small - depending on species, but it is the roots that count with bamboo and they always size up quickly -- so dont be disappointed if your plant looks a bit small in a big pot!
Company representative comment on August 17, 2007:

On Aug 17, 2007 4:42 PM, Tropical Bamboo added:

Just a comment, not a rubuttal on a positive review...
I looked up this account and recognized that this as a special shipping circumstance. The customer requests plants as small as possible in order to minimize the number of shipping boxes as they are to be hand-carried out of the USA.
Tropical Bamboo Nursery

Positive Floralkingdom
De Funiak Springs, FL (Zone 8b)
January 28, 2007
This is my first time buying from Tropical Bamboo Inc. and my experience was positive. I made the purchase online, and was sent a confirmation email, plus another email the day the bamboo was being shippped. They arrived within a few days. I ordered two, Timor Black and Asian Lemon Bamboo, and both arrived very well boxed, and in great condition. They have a great selection of beautiful and hard to find bamboo. Highly recommended!
Positive FloridaGrower
Winter Springs, FL (Zone 9b)
October 24, 2005
I purchased "Timor Black" from Tropical Bamboo, and received the plant promptly. It was packaged well, and in good condition. The owner Robert, was helpful when I called about a question. The plant is very healthy, and doing fine, even though I planted it late. I will definitely purchase more bamboo in the future from this company.
Positive GernBlandston
Lake Elsinore, CA (Zone 9b)
May 31, 2005
I ordered four bamboo plants from tropicalbamboo.com, and received them well packaged and in excellent condition. Before placing my order, I called with a few questions and was treated courteously. The seller did not charge my credit card until actually shipping the bamboo. I do plan to order more bamboo from this company. Additionally, Tropical Bamboo only carries clumping bamboo and has a great selection.