The scoop on 'Paulownia Tree Company'

Paulownia Tree Company

Talmage, California 95481 (United States)

Comments:

Positive FredBarksdale
Amarillo, TX
March 9, 2008
I have ordered trees over the last 2 years and the only problem I experienced was in having to cut the tree back off at ground level if it failed to grow per their instructions in the first month of hot weather and my trees died. They promptly replaced my trees and I must say were very courteous. I tried just planting in the ground immediately after receipt and let them grow the first summer and I will cut them off at ground level this spring. I feel they will do just fine as they should have developed a nice root system over the winter. I have to say this company is very customer service friendly. Happy in Canyon, Texas
Positive cchiovitti
Lochbuie, CO (Zone 5b)
March 11, 2005
I ordered 2 Paulownia elongata trees about a month ago. The order was filled and delivered promptly (I got them, a week later) and I was sent an e-mail to let me know they were on the way. They were packaged very well and arrived with no dirt disturbed or dried out, no crushed leaves, no bent stems - one of the trees had a few little nibbles out of it and I found a snail at the bottom, bult no major problem. At first, everything went downhill from there, my 2 year old picked all the leaves off one and then I left them outside a little too long on a 32 degree evening and the other one froze. Luckily, the company had sent with the order 2 incredibly detatiled instruction sheets, so I just kept a close eye on them and followed the directions to a 'T'. Three days ago, both trees showed new growth! The frozen one is developing new leaves right where the old ones turned brown and the other is developing a new stem! Obviously these are very healthy plants if they can take so much abuse from an inept person like me and still thrive. I don't know how the elongatas will ultimately do here in my zone 5 corner of the prairie, but if I even get a good sized bush that dies back every winter I will be very happy with that. This company gets an A++ for service, packing/shipping, and growing and shipping what are obviously healthy and well taken care of plants!