The scoop on 'Carmela Orchids'

Carmela Orchids

Hakalau, Hawaii 96710 (United States)

Comments:

Positive amandaemily
Gulf Coast
United States (Zone 9a)
September 15, 2013
I've ordered many cattleyas from Carmela and all have arrived as large and very well packed plants with some occasionally in bud and sheath.
Positive Kauaiguy
Lihue, HI
June 11, 2013
Wow! What a difference in reviews between this company and Aloha Orchids!

I just place my first order with them and the difference is NIGHT and DAY! Got a confirmation right away, and SURPRISE ... a Fex Ex tracking number today.

I emailed them with questions and EACH time they answered back.

Looks like I will be changing where I order my orchids.

Now this is what I call the "Aloha Spirit" ..!
Positive 4evergreenthumb
Rockville, MD
August 15, 2011
I ordered a dozen blooming sized cattleyas and they were shipped safely in the middle of winter! All were very healthy with multiple growths and lots of roots. Now they are growing large new leaves, and some are even in sheath! I had a great experience ordering from Carmela Orchids, and I will do so again without hesitation.
Positive orchidfella
San Diego, CA
January 8, 2010
I've been a customer of Carmela orchids since I first found their booth at the Fascination of Orchids show a few years ago. I generally spend way more money on orchids than the average person. So I've purchased orchids from many vendors all over the world. I shop at Carmela more than any other orchid vendor. They have the best prices and they always seem to go above and beyond.
Positive GrowinEngrGirl
Pocatello, ID (Zone 5a)
May 2, 2009
I bought several Vandas from Carmela and all arrived in excellent condition. Not only were the plants healthy and well grown, the were huge! For the price, I had expected much smaller plants. Their shipping as also very fast.
Positive lothianjavert
North East, MD (Zone 6b)
October 16, 2007
I placed my first order with Carmela a couple weeks back-just a single plant to give them a try. The plant was shipped quickly, very well packed, and was very healthy! Gorgeous stiff leaves, nice plump pseudobulbs, and a profusion of healthy roots. I will certainly order from them again!
Positive ericapayne
Bloomington, IN
January 31, 2007
Just received my order from Carmela Orchids today and did a happy dance when I unpacked the box.

All five orchids were gorgeous and large, one even arrived with buds! That was a very nice surprise.

They were sent fast and save and were very well packaged.

I will definately order again.

I highly recommend this vendor.
Positive 1heart
Paradise, CA
December 27, 2006
I've ordered orchids three times from CarmelaOrchids, and each time the plants that arrived were vigorous, healthy, and much larger than I could have hoped for. Pearl and Sheldon are always available to help if you have questions, and they're always thoughtful and kind. I plan on ordering many more times from them, for their product is superb and so is their customer service.
Positive dichotomy
Wilmington, DE
November 4, 2006
I ordered 30 cattleyas in bud and 30 phalaenopsis in spike. The plants arrived in perfect condition and were extremely healthy. The phalaenopses were MUCH larger than I expected and were an incredible value for the money. I would buy again from these folks in a heartbeat.
On May 4th, 2007, dichotomy added the following:

I have ordered three more times from Carmela since my original post. They continue to deliver truly incredible plants at fantastic prices. I can not say enough good things about Sheldon and his people.
Positive OrchidsNut
San Diego, CA
May 1, 2006
Having placed 5-6 orders with these folks over the last year, we have found the plants in every case to be very reasonably priced, extremely healthy, exceptionally well packed, and often much larger than expected. This grower is highly recommended based on our experience.
Positive fisx
Wilson, WY
November 24, 2005
Excellent source for many genera, especially multi generic crosses. Their SLC's, BLC's, and LC's are particularly nice. Check out their internet deal for ten 4" orchids. Carmela's smaller plants [2 to 4 incn pots] are larger than many other growers 5" BS! Shipping is fast, packaging teriffic, and customer correspondence is professional. I have purchased orchids from them on three occaisions in 2005 and have been very pleased.