The scoop on 'Hibiscus Place (Martindale's Nursery)'

Hibiscus Place (Martindale's Nursery)

8172 SE 132 Lane
Summerfield, Florida 34491 (United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive bluebuster77
Belmont, CA
October 13, 2012
Only place you can get rare hibiscus in larger size unless you can find in local nurseries. I bought 4 hibiscus plants, 2 are wilted and slowly improving now. I let them know this situation, and Matt response within short period of time. He interested to resolve my issue. Very impressive not only for their responsibility but also quick update after I place the order. I definitely looks forward to buy more plants next spring. Little too late to found this place, most of them are sold out. Slightly not happy about they shipped the root ball in plastic bag without tying or taping, concerns moisture lost or roots dry out during shipping. But I saw that they offer to shipped the plants with pots, may be next time.
Positive swilborg
Ashby, MA
May 21, 2012
This was my second order with this nursery ( first one was in 2008 ). I'm very pleased with my order. Ordered 3 hibiscus plants, they arrived well packed and healthy. The plants were huge, and two of them had buds that opened up within 2 days of receiving them, love 'em :)
Thanks guys, keep up the great work!
Positive MajiA
Kenner, LA
August 21, 2011
Posted on July 17, 2011, updated August 21, 2011
Bought four plants from them and they were shipped on the date as promised when the order was placed. The packaging was done nicely and the plants arrived, somewhat stressed but I think in decent shape. I hope they can make it through this really hot summer temperatures.

On August 21st, 2011, MajiA added the following:

About a month later, I am reporting that the 4 plants are doing great (knock on wood). The Orange Cappuccino had bloomed. The others are growing and putting out new stems and leaves.

Thank you Matt.
Positive bluidboy78
Conway, SC
May 28, 2011
If you have been looking for some hard to find exotic hibiscus please do not hesitate to order form Hibiscus Place. The commutation was fast and friendly. They were shipped when stated and the packaging was great as well. The plants them self where more than I ever expected. Over half of them already where budded out. I had one that bloomed the next day after unpacking them. I will continue to order from this place as long as they keep sending out such excellent plants. Words cannot say how pleased I am with Hibiscus Place.

Michael
Positive Mayalee
Beaufort, SC
April 25, 2010
I had a little problem with an hibiscus that was sent to me a year ago and sent an email to Matt about it. A year later, when in stock again, the same plant has been sent to me without I ever sent them a reminder ! How about that ! Now that is excellent business and I will order from Matt again !
Nicole
Positive wabum
Reydon, OK
April 23, 2010
Posted on April 28, 2009, updated April 23, 2010
Just recieved my latest shipment of hibiscus and thought I could not have been more pleased than the previous one, I was wrong. Plants were even bigger than before and very well packaged. All I want to know is what am I suppose to do with the pots included in the shipping. they are too small for the plants enclosed. Thanks again for a wonderful ordering experience
On April 23rd, 2010, wabum added the following:

Recieved my order today. A little disappointed in the heights of the plants but I look primarily at the apparent health of the plant and the rootball, each of these were excellent with no damage to the leaves and plenty of new root growth, excellent stem buds on the plants as well. Will continue to order from them each year. Thanks for the hibiscus Matt.
Positive cgambrell
Brinson, GA (Zone 8b)
April 27, 2009
PLEASE PLEASE order from Matt guys if you want some good hibiscus plants. 17 bucks buys you a HUGE plant that arrives WITH flowers on it. I was truly amazed when I opened the box to a huge green bush with a bunch of flowers on it.
A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Positive amorecuore
Ft Lauderdale, FL (Zone 10a)
October 26, 2008
I have ordered Hibiscus plants from Matt quite a few times over the past year and have always received very very healthy large sized plants that have all done very well. His customer service is top notch and he has always responded to any questions/inquiries very quickly. If you havent ordered any Hibiscus from Matt, give him a try. You'll be very happy you did.
Positive stplong
Huber Heights , OH (Zone 5b)
September 27, 2008
We ordered some hibiscus from hibiscus place and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the plants, a lot larger than we have ever received from any other company through the mail. We highly recommend this company.
Positive Fla_Chick
Citra, FL
September 4, 2008
I placed my first order with Hibiscus Place, and I could not be more pleased. Wonderful packing, gorgeous big leafy green plants, of the highest quality. I will definitely order from them again. A+++.
On March 29th, 2009, Fla_Chick added the following:

I did order from them again, and once again got gorgeous plants. Highly recommend.
Positive kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR (Zone 7b)
February 7, 2008
I've ordered from hibiscus place several times, and have been very pleased with the size and service and packing. Well worth the trip to their web site. Matt is very concerned with pleasing his customers. I'll be back to order more of his wonderful hibiscus plants.
Positive ultimateshopper
Tulsa, OK
February 6, 2008
I can say that I'm SOO HAPPY with everything about this outfit - the order placing, the selection, the shipping & most of all the plants! I ordered some last fall and the plants were large, lush, and healthy! I plan on getting several more this spring! The owner is super nice - great communication and you can't beat the price. I'd highly recommend Martindales (aka Hibiscus Place .com) to EVERYONE!
Positive cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL (Zone 9b)
September 16, 2007
If I could give Matt a plus 10, I would!
I drove 2-1/2 hours to visit his greenhouse(s) personally, and, had such a wonderful time.
I saw Matts "propagation" area, "growing area" and "ready" area. All very clean and obviously cared for with pride.
While there, Matt acted as teacher, allowing me to ask anything, and explaining in a level I could clearly understand.
Of course, I came home with an enormous amount of hibiscus, anywhere from 14" to 3-1/2' tall. All plants, all sizes were beautiful. Several bloomed the next day. Beautiful, healthy and huge blooms!
I was so impressed, that 2 days later I called Matt and ordered more by phone. They were here the next day.
Matt's plants are extremely healthy. Matt is professional, extremely knowlegable and and very careful to protect his hibs from outside varments.
Without a doubt, I will continue ordering from Hibiscusplace.com. I know, without any hesitancy, that each and every order will be a perfect one.

PS...after spending 2 hours with Matt, he obviously picked up on my favorite colors, which he calls "weird" lol. I let him do the picking for me, and I am ever greatful he did.

Thank you Matt and Martindale Nursery, aka, http://www.hibiscusplace.com
Positive AuntB
NE, KS (Zone 5b)
September 15, 2007
I purchased 4 hibiscus from Matt. Top notch Customer Care, he was genuinely concerned about my concerns, great communication. Reasonable prices, prompt shipment, a-1 packaging and the plants are robust! I even have buds! I will be a return customer, for sure!
Positive 2pugdogs
(Linda) Winfield, KS (Zone 6a)
September 15, 2007
I ordered 5 Hibiscus from Matt and received the most beautiful plants. He is terrific. Answered all my e-mails very promptly. He has a great variety to pick from. I highly recommend Hibiscus Place (Martindale's Nursery) for Hibiscus.
On September 15th, 2007, 2pugdogs added the following:

The plants I received are very healthy and range from the size of 12 in. high to 18 in. high. They were packaged very nice and without any wilt to them at all. They are priced just right.
Positive ecrane3
Dublin, CA (Zone 9a)
September 5, 2007
I've ordered from Hibiscus Place a couple times this year and would definitely recommend them. The plants are really big for the price, and all have arrived very happy and healthy. Most bloomed for me shortly after arrival too, which was an added bonus. And from the emails I've exchanged with Matt when I've placed my orders, I definitely get the feeling they really care about their customers. I will definitely be ordering again!