The scoop on 'Planteck'

Planteck

P.O. 3158
L'Assomption, Quebec J5W 4M9 (Canada)

Phone: 450 589-6162
Fax: 450 589-6162

Comments:

Negative johnnycanuck
Gananoque, ON (Zone 5b)
May 21, 2008
I ordered two grass pink (Calopogon tuberosus ) corms from them (they're sold as a pair) for $16.75 Canadian in December of 2006, with instructions to ship them in mid April, which they did.
However, they also charged me for a Phytosanitary Certificate and "Shipping to CA"....last time I checked, Quebec had unfortunately not yet achieved independence, so I'm assuming that we were still in the same country, me being in Ontario and all. This came to $16.80, more than the value of the plant material.
I received the corms in an enormous box (the corms are roughly the size of kidney beans) which contained a ziploc bag that held the actual corms. I'm all for protecting a shipment but this was ridiculous.
All of that would have been forgotten had they but shown any signs of life...I planted them in a specially constructed bed in a great location, scrupulously maintained water levels, and checked anxiously all summer. I consulted several people by phone and online, and waited until autumn, when I extracted what appeared to be very dead corms. I've replaced them this year, but I'm not expecting them to do anything but rot.
I found the customer service pretty much useless, and would not order from them again.
Positive uroboros
Montreal, QC (Zone 5b)
October 25, 2006
I ordered an Itoh peony in October, 2-yr in the field.

I received healthy roots with 3 small eyes, which is what I would expect a 2 yr-old peony grown from tissue culture.

I am satisfied and would order from them again.
Negative beblue3333
Madison, WI
June 1, 2006
I ordered 2 tree peonies from this place and they arrived looking like 1 year old seedlings. Which is fine, but one seems to be dying.
The customer service is terrible.
They donít guaranteed their plants beyond arrival of destination.
Some of the tree and itoh peonies are slightly less expensive but you get what u pay for. Because other places send much larger plants, but at twice the price and they guarantee their plants.
The plants also come w/out any special instructions and I couldn't find any on their website (even though their site tells you to follow instructions to assure sucess).
I probably won't do business with them again.
I should have asked about guarantees before I slapped down around $40 for a plant.
Be very careful if you do decide to order from them.
On June 6th, 2006, beblue3333 added the following:

The struggling peony finally died! There goes some $40 down the drain.