The scoop on 'Simmons Paeonies'

Simmons Paeonies

389 Buchanans Rd
Christchurch, RD6
(New Zealand)

Paper Catalog Cost: NZ$5 (US$3)

Comments:

Positive chinookgarden
HIGH RIVER
Canada
April 16, 2006
In 2005 I had the opportunity to purchase some Itoh Hybrids from Simmons that were being "brokered" by another canadian nursey as a fundraiser for the Tsunami victims. Because the divisions were being offered at very reasonable prices I decided to order 4 despite the spring planting issues. The roots that arrived were very large and in excellent condition. I planted them June 1 and by mid july all of them were up and produced at least 3-4 good shoots and 2 of them bloomed in august.

As of this posting all of them are peeking thru the ground so I look forward to seeing their progress from their first Canadian winter in zone 2b.
Over the winter Esther Simmons was very helpful in providing info regarding shipping costs to Canada and I decided to order a full box of divisions from them on my own for planting this spring. Their prices for Itohs are incredibly good . I look forward to the arrival of the shipment in the next couple of weeks and will post again any relevant info. If you can get together a group order to share the cost of the certificates, permits and shipping from NZ Ii think it is well worth it.