The scoop on 'Iris Greens'

Iris Greens

5812 N. Walnut
Turlock, California 95382 (United States)

Phone: (209)634-2359

Editor's Comment:
Closed Per a note on their website:

IRIS GARDEN CLOSED

We are sorry to announce that we have closed after 6 years of business. Thank you for your support.

The de la Motte Family

Comments:

Neutral dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
August 11, 2007
I participated in a co-op in a Yahoo group and was looking forward to getting the iris. They arrived, somewhat smaller than the pricing would lead you to expect regardless of co-op pricing. I don't think I'll get many flowers from them in the upcoming season, maybe in 2 years so they can fully grow out.
When I went to the site to find photos of some of the varieties there is a message stating that they were closed after 6 years of business and thanking everyone for their support. I now understand the size of the rhizomes and although 3 of the 14 were of good size, I think the rest were just being cleaned out of the bed to fill last minute orders.
Still, I can wait for a pretty flower.
Positive cathysplants
Readyville, TN (Zone 7a)
March 17, 2007
I ordered from them first time in 2006. Received wonderful sized healthy rhizomes and bonuses. Will order from them again.
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
February 1, 2007
This was the first year I ordered from this company........and I was well pleased! E-mails I sent were quickly answered, and the rhizomes I recieved were healthy and of good size. The plants were packed well, and there were a couple of nice bonus irises too. I certainly would do business again with them. Recommended.
Positive Posiesforponies
North Branch, MI
November 26, 2006
I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS COMPANY A+ 5 *****
Positive tj0504
Saint Louis, MO
October 1, 2006
I ordered from Iris Greens for the first time this year. While the rhizomes were a little on the smallish side, their prices are definitely on the smallish side!

I received my order within two weeks after placing it, and the rhizomes appeared to be nearly fresh dug.

There were a couple of "sold outs" and I was emailed immediately to ask what subs I would like. When I received my order I had several bonus iris, although my order total was in the 25.00 range.

I was quite happy with the experience, and I will order again next year.
Positive Tntigger
Greeneville, TN (Zone 6b)
September 19, 2006
This is my second year of ordering with this company and I am very pleased with them.The shopping cart makes it very easy to order.The iris were huge this year and communications have been perfect.I do recommend this company and hope to use again next year.
Negative White_Hydrangea
Aurora, CO (Zone 5a)
September 3, 2006
I put in an order to Iris Greens several weeks ago. I hadn't received it yet, but I know that a lot of fall planted bulbs and rhizomes don't ship until after the first of September, so I wasn't worried.

Today I found a strange notation on my PayPal account when I was paying for something totally unrelated from eBay. Iris Greens had CANCELED my order A MONTH AGO! They had my phone number. They had my e-mail. But they chose to tell me about the cancellation through PayPal, and I found out about it only by accident.

I've spent the last several hours looking online, but thanks to Iris Greens, it's TOO LATE to get these items anywhere else, including the one flower I wanted above all others, the Batik iris. Now I have to wait an entire year with no guarantee that I'll get them then.

These people are thoughtless, careless, and disorganized. I will NEVER order from them again! This has been a very depressing experience.
On September 21st, 2006, White_Hydrangea added the following:

I don't like being accused of lying. That this company stoops so low as to slam a customer on a public forum is simply further proof that I was correct in my initial negative impression of them. This company not only has lousy business practices, they have a lousy attitude and a great lack of respect toward the people that they want money from. My day job is in customer maintenance. I know how it's done. This isn't how. I repeat, I will never do business with Iris Greens again. There are too many other companies who sell an excellent product, quickly shipped, well packaged, and who actually strive to have a good relationship with their customers.
Company representative comment on September 4, 2006:

On Sep 4, 2006 3:05 PM, Iris Greens added:

We at Iris Greens care greatly about customer service & satisfaction.

Therefore, here is our response to this complaint.

1) We were given email address, but not phone number via PayPal order.

2) After discovering we were out of stock on Batik, we immediately emailed options to complaintant. We followed up w/ a 2nd email & never received any reply.

3) With no response we made the decision to refund for 2 Batik and include 2 Purple Streaker iris as bonus. However, the PayPal order did not allow partial refunds.

4) The full refund was sent an a PayPal invoice immediately emailed to complaintant on July 28. The idea that she "found out about it only by accident" on September 3 is absurd.

We have never been contacted by White_Hydrangea - other than original PayPal order - & are displeased with an unfavorable negative ranking. We would love to hear a reply @ irisgreens@hotmail.com

Brad de la Motte

Positive admodeva
Dutton, AL (Zone 7a)
September 8, 2005
Love this company! They have a beautiful website, great prices and a great selection. They respond to emails quickly and I received my order when I was supposed to. They included a nice bonus even though my order was small. Highly recommend!
Positive lilaclily
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
September 3, 2005
I really enjoyed dealing with Iris Greens. Their website was easy to navigate, complete with pics of each iris, and the prices were extremely reasonable. Rhizomes were healthy and labeled well, a few were small but for the price I definitely cannot complain. Bonus was very nice, too. I will definitely be ordering from them again next year!
On May 23rd, 2006, lilaclily added the following:

I can't believe how beautiful these irises are! They are blooming like crazy in my garden right now and are simply amazing on how quickly they grew and mulitplied. I've been disappointed in the past dealing with mailorder companies but Iris Greens truly surpassed any expectations. I've already placed a second order - last year I ordered about 50 different iris and this year 50 MORE. They have a HUGE selection of $2 iris that fits those of us on a budget! I cannot rave enough about this company!
On July 20th, 2006, lilaclily added the following:

My additional order just arrived today, and as I already knew, it was another stellar order. I can't imagine dealing with any other iris supplier after two years of Iris Greens. If you have not already done so, do yourself and your garden (not to mention your pocketbook) a favor and buy from Iris Greens!
Positive Rimney
Adams, NY
August 12, 2005
I ordered iris from 8 different places this year and this company was the best in every category. Ordering online was quick and easy. Their prices were the lowest I've found. When I emailed them to get a shipping date, I got a response within hours. The shipment was packed extremely well; the rhizomes were large and healthy and in a couple cases where they were smaller, they sent two of the same plant. Also each plant had a printed, plastic label, one that won't wash off in the rain, something I really appreciated. In addition, they sent 3 bonus rhizomes with my order, which was really generous. This is a professional outfit with outstanding attention to detail. I enjoyed doing business with them and will continue in the future.
Positive terry94705
Berkeley, CA
August 5, 2005
I hadn't heard anything about these folks before ordering, but they had an iris I wanted at their website-- and a lower minimum order than most. Their prices were also quite good. Although I didn't have much communication with them at ordering time, they were kind enough to expedite my order when I realized that I would be out of commission at the height of the planting season.

I was very pleased with the iris they sent: they were good sized, heathy, and freshly dug. A nice surprise was that they added (well-chosen) gift iris to such a small order! I would certainly do business with them again.