The scoop on 'Cactus Limon'

Cactus Limon

Point Loma, California 92106
(United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive hardyinokc
Oklahoma City, OK
May 12, 2014
Posted on June 14, 2013, updated May 12, 2014
nice cacti arrived promptly...was surprised that no plant labels were included, but thankfully I knew what I had ordered...smooth transaction...THANX!!!
On May 12th, 2014, hardyinokc added the following:

smooth transaction...prompt delivery...nice plants well-packed...THANX!!!
Negative gpaulon
Forest Park, IL
May 17, 2013
I emailed Cactus Limon before I made a purchase and I was told via email that the cacti would be shipped in 2" pots. I was also interested in decorative pots and they told me that they had 6 different colored ceramic pots that you could just slip the 2" plastic pot into without doing any transplanting. So I ordered them. What I got was all bareroot cacti, most of which were too big for the pots. All they said when I emailed them about it was "sorry for the misunderstanding."

In trying to remedy this situation, I asked if I could drill a hole in the bottom of the pots they sent me (because they stress on their website that cacti need drainage). I did not get an answer!

None of the plants came with any identification so I had to look up information on the internet so I could plant them and maintain them correctly.

I asked them to send me six 2" plastic pots to insert in the ceramic pots, but again no reply.

They stress on their website that they will be glad to answer any questions and help in any way. I am a beginner at growing cacti and I could have really used the help. So I was very disappointed in their "no response" attitude. The only time they responded quickly was when they thought they would get a sale. Too bad because I think the cacti are pretty nice, but I will not do business with people who ignore you after the purchase is made.
Neutral chacha1
Beaumont, TX (Zone 9b)
March 2, 2013
I was shocked when 4 of the 6 plants I ordered were packed in paper towels, plastic and newspaper. I never thought they would be shipped bare rooted. I was a little disappointed they didn't have a name tag on the plants. Will wait and see if the bare rooted cacti survive.
Positive Emmaleigh
Springfield, MA
December 22, 2012
I have purchased succulents from Cactus Limon three times over the past year. Each plant arrived in good condition and was carefully packed. The prices are fair and I've been able to take advantage of special offers as well.
Positive GreenThumbGreen
Chanute, KS (Zone 6a)
November 2, 2012
Posted on October 28, 2012, updated November 2, 2012
great selection, decent prices. No customer service. I've ordered twice, the first order arrived in good shape, aside from one cactus that had what looks like parasites living on it. The second shipment arrived with one cactus damaged , it looks like it was poked in shipping by one of the other cacti in the box. they were only wrapped in newspaper, and the large spines poked through the paper , damaging the other cactus. It arrived with a dime sized rotten spot that turned to a completely rotten cactus the very next day. The website asks to report shipping damage within twenty four hours. I sent an email, which they claim is the 'best' way to get in contact with them. no reply. the next day I emailed again. it has been two days since then, and still no reply. the shipping was very expensive, making my total purchase $50 for three cacti, and I only got two. Their 'guarantee' is that they will send me a replacement for anything damaged in shipping, but I'm not sure if I will get one.
On November 2nd, 2012, GreenThumbGreen changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I received an email soon after my original comment stating that my replacement was on it's way. Today It showed up in the mail, packaged very nicely still in the pot and with plenty of cushioning. It is a very nice looking cactus with no scars, and will make a nice addition to my growing collection.
I will probably order from them again, they have a good selection , and fast order processing. Also , they have one of the easiest websites to buy from, with no order forms to download, fill out and e-mail.
Positive edensmommy
Indianapolis, IN
May 5, 2012
I ordered a donkey's tail and string of pearls hanging baskets for my mother. I placed the order Sunday, it was shipped Monday and was delivered to my delighted mom on Saturday. I could not believe in less than a week they delivered two of the most gorgeous baskets I'd ever seen. They were way more robust than even the photos I'd seen on the Cactus Limon website. Since it's only a week until Mother's Day I figured it would take much longer than it did. I will use them again and again for gifts and personal purchases. Just couldn't be more pleased and impressed. And they've got so many unusual specimens it won't be hard to blow my friends and family away with some impressive gifts.
Positive AJ252
Foxborough, MA
October 2, 2011
Ordered several plants from them recently; order was placed on a Sunday, shipped the day after, and received on the other side of the country by the end of the week. Plants all appeared healthy, and were at least as big (a couple much bigger) as expected. Will buy from them again.
Negative texasgardner69
Amarillo, TX
October 1, 2011
Wondering if this company is still in business. I placed an order in the Spring of 2011 and everything was great. Very pleased. Placed another order on June 18 2011, paid with Pay-Pal, thought everything was good but never heard from them. I e-mailed Cactus Limon 4-5 times about my order, no answer. Finally in mid July I received an e-mail asking if I had received my order and if not they would reship. I answered back immediately stating I had not and never heard another word. I sent several more e-mails, Pay-Pal sent an e-mail and finally Pay-Pal refunded my money after not hearing from the company. Saddens me for I really did like the company and their products.
Positive ylkay
Yorba Linda, CA
January 19, 2011
This was my third order and once again the plants were much larger than I expected. Two of the cacti had flower buds just beginning to open and all of them looked very healthy. The prices were reasonable and the shipping was very fast.
Positive PrinceSushi
San Jacinto, CA (Zone 9a)
July 22, 2010
Ordered 2 cactus from Cactus Limon, and they are both gorgeous. Packed really well, and healthy looking. Fast shipping; shipped July 21st, arrived July 22nd.

Overall, it was better than I expected, and I hope to order from them again for my cactus and succulent needs.
Positive Rudbeckia1
Chicago, IL
July 17, 2010
Reasonable price, speedy delivery, careful packing, and a very nice plant--what more could one ask?
Positive JWWC
South Bend, IN
June 2, 2010
I just received my order from Cactus Limon. The plants were large and healthy. The packing was superb - not even a broken leaf!
Positive concretebrunett
Brookeland, TX (Zone 8b)
March 5, 2008
I'm very happy with my purchase, although they need to be a little more committed to answering their emails.
Positive whitehen
Salem, MA (Zone 6a)
November 28, 2007
I just recieved my living succulent wreath from Cactus Limon and it is beautiful and something that I could not find in the northeast. While the shiping was very high it was worth it as it was packed perfectly and arrived in three days from CA. Cactus Limon responded quickly to my email questions prior to the order and were very helpful to me . Great job!!!
Positive REXTHELAB
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
November 17, 2007
Ordered a dish garden from CactusLimon. Extreamely nice, I have it on a ledge in front of our home. Very nice to deal with, no problems. Their cacti are all very nice.

Would order from them again!

Thank you for a job well done!

Positive JenniferLuther
Grove City, PA (Zone 5b)
March 21, 2007
Always well grown healthy plants. Exactly as listed. A+++++
Positive dave12122
East Haddam, CT
August 18, 2006
I have ordered plants from this company via ebay. All have been larger and healthier than expected, and are always very reasonably priced. Once, an Pleiospilos bolusii was sent instead of P. nellii, but the seller quickly made good on it by sending the real P. nellii free of charge. An astonishing source of cacti and succulents, very, very highly recommended!!
Positive Toni05
Brookfield, IL
May 21, 2006
Succuent arrived bare root but wrapped w/paper which held roots in place..size was more than adequate..The plant arrived super quick.
This nursery sells many rare cactus and succulents..Toni
Positive senlarrs
Harrisburg, PA (Zone 6a)
March 2, 2006
Shipping was super-fast. Ordered last week and receive an email stating that they were away and would not be back until Feb 27. Received another email confirming my order and that it was being processed. Received another email from paypal stating the plants have been shipped. Received shipment March 1! Excellent and the plants were nice and worth the money. Have ordered before from them and had no problems!
On June 27th, 2006, senlarrs added the following:

On July 5th, 2006, senlarrs added the following:

About a week ago, I sent email asking about their policy about plants after receipt. What had happened is that I potted up the plants and about a week after that, two of them started to wither away slowly. The others were fine. Lo and behold, I should have watered sometime in that time period.

Anyway, they offered to sent me two more to replace the two that I have lost! This was done but Dave of Cactus Limon sent an extra plant. This was most welcome and made me very happy. I will, definitely, order from them again and again and recommend their establishment very hightly!!
Negative towers
(Zone 6a)
January 4, 2006
They send me a newsletter which is good but when i send for a reply back on something i don't get replyies which it about 3 i send so far in a month so if they're too busy I'll find some place better to do my shopping at .
On January 19th, 2006, towers added the following:

unless they gave me the wrong email at their web site I'm still Neutral with a big ? mark

On January 26th, 2006, towers changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

what can i say
Positive jll
Pendleton, OR
December 1, 2005
Shipping was fast plants are nice pricing is ok well order again
Positive kyartist2001
Hyden, KY
July 11, 2005
I have ordered from a lot of companys on line but this one is the best i have ever used, the plants you recieve are better than the pictures on line, that is unusual as we all know. the shipping was very very fast, i was shocked you wont go wrong ordering from this company. Lonnie in kentucky
Positive jessmerritt
(Zone 7b)
June 12, 2005
I purchased some large, rarer plants two months ago. Pricing was fare, shipping was really fast, and the plants were well packed and healthy. I would definitely buy from them again.
Positive yschaffer
Shaker Heights, OH (Zone 5a)
April 9, 2005
I have ordered various cactus and succulents from this company on five separate occasions. Their pricing is excellent! All of the plants were healthy and packaged properly for shipping. Dealing with Cacus Limon has been a very positive experience.