The scoop on 'Lindenberg Seeds Ltd.'

Lindenberg Seeds Ltd.

803 Princess Ave
Brandon, Manitoba R7A 0P5 (Canada)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free in Canada; $2 in US

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive Prairiegrover
Elfros, sask
January 8, 2014
I receive other catalogues but always end up ordering from Lindenberg Seeds and have for more than 20 years. Their prices are by far the best and all the plants, seeds and accessories that I have ordered arrived in excellent condition. Their lilies and roses have always grown very well and are beautiful.
Positive wwjdls
Vancouver, BC (Zone 8a)
July 25, 2013
I've been ordering from this company for several years, and have never been disappointed. The catalogue isn't flashy but the prices more than make up for it.
Positive KF088
manitoba
April 17, 2011
I have to admit being a fan of online shopping I was a bit concerned about the catalog (not a lot of pictures of the flowers but there is a wide variety of items available) and the lack of online ordering. Having said that I went ahead and ordered for the first time this year and was very impressed. The prices were very reasonable, the order was shipped quickly and safely. Although one of my items was sold out I did received two free packets of seeds. I`m looking forward to the arrival of my perishables (after the frost date) and would definitely order from them again. They are proof that one should not judge a company by it`s catalog.
Positive kennyso
Markham, ON (Zone 5b)
April 4, 2010
Last year, I emailed them about the availability of their Gloriosa superba 'Rothschildiana' and received an email the next day - very prompt reply. But being close to late March, I decided to wait for next (2010) year to order.

This year, I sent in my order last week of February. I received a cash refund March 17, with two free packets of seeds because one of my selections was not available. I had written on the last line of the order form no substitution or email before hand. The comment had a star drawn next to it in red ink. They really go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. A cash refund instead of a credit note (unlike some other companies) and the attention to detail is just top notch. I highly recommend this company.

Don't let the newsprint catalog throw you off. Their selection is quite vast, and considerably cheaper than other mail order sources. And free shipping on orders over $40 - who could argue?! Anyone who has ordered plants can tell you it's not hard to spend $40!!!
Positive gardenboy1985
Stratford
January 29, 2010
BEST SEED COMPANY OUT THERE!!!
This is the one catalogue I wait for every year before i place any orders. There prices a very good and everything I have ordered over the years is top notch quality. They have an excellent selection of Vegetable and flowers seeds, perennials and bulbs including many new varieties and gardening suppplies. The catalogue is very simple but this is why the prices are so great. Everytime I call to place my order I am looked after by very friendly staff. I look forward to being a customer with this company for many, many years to come! I cannot express how much praise I have for this company!!!
Positive Mitanoff
carleton place, ON (Zone 4b)
June 2, 2009
Of all the companies I ordered from (about 4) this year, Lindenberg was the best.
- Came just in time for planting (AWESOME! - i didn't realize how important this was until I received plants that I had to pot up and take care of for several weeks until I could plant out!)
- they sent a receipt in the mail with the substitutions they were going to make. I was able to change these selections.
- plants arrived with good root systems and everything seemed healthy and firm.
- I was not happy with one substitution (Siberian bugloss for Jack frost) and I did ask for a refund. To be fair, though, I cannot remember what their substitution policy was. It is entirely likely that unless I specifically asked otherwise, I gave them autonomy to make substitutions. Considering all the good points, I'm not going to make a fuss.
- oh, and how could I forget the prices? Cheapest of all the companies. Of course, one has to do the research as there are no pretty pictures on their catalogue, but I think it's well worth it.
This is probably the only company that I will order from again.
Indy
Positive crazy_gardener
Wainwright, AB (Zone 2b)
October 6, 2008
First timer ordering from this company and Iím I ever glad that I listened to my gardening friendsí recommendations. I ordered Siberian/bearded Irises and lilies and all grew wonderfully this season.

Great selection of plants to choose from, GREAT prices and best of all their customer service. I will for sure be ordering from them in the following years!

And get this, FREE shipping if orders are over $40, they got my attention!
Positive 3pmp
Slocan, BC (Zone 3a)
February 29, 2008
In previous years my mother has always used Lindenberg seeds has her main provider for the family garden. Last year i purchased my first seed order from your company. In doing so i had a wonderful garden with approximately 25 pumpkin and several potatoes. I proceeded to freeze 60 packets of pumpkin puree for pies which have turned out wonderful. Thank you Lindenberg seeds.
Positive egm
Ottawa
April 2, 2007
This is my first time ordering from this company. Not having a working website was a bit of a draw back for me, but when I called, I couldn't have spoken with a more pleasant person (if it works don't fix it). I ordered begonia, and cannas (at ridiculously low prices) and shortly thereafter received 2 free packets of seeds in the mail with my invoice (its the thought that counts!). After ordering cannas from Vessey's last year and receiving barely rooted cuttings (no tubers) at high prices, it is unlikely I will be disappointed, but I can't wait to find out!
On April 19th, 2007, egm added the following:

My order arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased - just in time to get them started before planting them out at the end of May. The begonia corms ('estate') are larger than golf balls - small tangerines - I have never seen any so big. The canna tubers all have 2 eyes, nice, firm, healthy looking - even the roots are plump - not dried out. ... I am amazed .. did I mention the price? .. 3 cannas for 3.79 CDN. Why on earth would anyone shop anywhere else. Thank you Lindenburg!!!!!!!
Positive saskboy
Regina, SK (Zone 3b)
March 2, 2007
catalogues are free. customer service is top notch and friendly. catalogues are not in color, but this makes for more affordable prices to the consumer. Variety is quite good. they are not stingy with seed amounts or bulb size or root size. delivery time is very good. delivery charge is either free or very reasonable----overall HIGHLY recommended.
Positive cathaleen
Prince George
April 30, 2006
I just received my first shipment from Lindenberg Seeds - and what lovely looking plants they are - I am really impressed - these are the healthiest plants I have received in years - and the prices are awesome. I will definelty order from them again.
Positive echoes
South of Winnipeg, MB (Zone 3a)
February 3, 2004
Don't be dismayed if you go to their website and find it hasn't been updated since 2002. They are working on it and hope to have it running later this spring. In the mean time, you can phone them or email for a catalogue. They are still the same fine people to deal with and have a very good catalogue with lots of variety and reasonable prices.
Positive worldboy
Winnipeg
March 6, 2003
Catalogue isn't much for pictures but who cares? Find what you want in other catalogues and see if Lindenberg carries it at a much more reasonable price.

One year I sent my geranium seed order in late and asked if they could rush my seeds. Received them 3 days later. Great service.

One thing, I find that they have alot of items which say to winter protect, where winter protection might not be necessary. Find their catalogue carries unique stuff not usually found for the prairies.
Positive hillfarm
Quesnel, BC (Zone 4a)
December 28, 2002
Have ordered seeds several times. Good prices (I usually order bulk sizes), good selection, enough novelties/unusual varieties to keep it interesting. Very reasonable shipping rates. An excellent source for the home gardener/small market gardener.
Positive Notwhite
November 12, 2002
Reasonable size plants for low prices...ask for the printed catalog the website is not updated regularly
Positive canoehead
August 10, 2002
Lindenberg has the best prices of anywhere I have seen. The catalogue is not in colour, but there is great variety included. Since they are in Manitoba, anything that can grow there can grow in my Zone 5 garden. I had one plant not 'make it', and they replaced it without question. There is free shipping if you order over a certain amount (the amount escapes me right now).
Positive LuvsCREED
Thunder Bay, ON
July 25, 2002
Best prices for quality seeds and plants.

No fancy, colourful catalogue, but this is why they can offer their products at a better price.

Excellent products & service.

Have purchased most of my seeds from them every year for over 8 years.

I highly recommend to request a catalogue!
Positive davidtoop
March 1, 2002
I've been a regular customer of Lindenberg Seeds for over a decade. I find that they are very conscientious about their orders. Their selections of vegetable seeds are perfect for cooler or short season climates. Prices are low, but the quality is very high and the packets contain a lot more than what can be obtained from the store. There are many ""old fashioned"" types of flowers that are easy to start outdoors.
Positive Lynnette
Courtenay
January 10, 2002
You won't find any cheaper prices than Lindenberg and the quality is first rate. Wonderful staff to deal with. Their plants are large and healthy.
Positive nsgardener
Nova Scotia
Canada (Zone 6a)
January 9, 2002
Good company. If you are looking for a nice size root of a Fern Leaf Peony for a reasonable price, this is the place.
Positive dakinmaione
February 1, 2001
I have been ordering from this company for years and have been very pleased with them. The seeds have always proven very good in my garden (Montreal, Quebec) and the prices are very reasonable.
Positive NancyPyndus
April 1, 2000
I love Lindenberg Seeds! Their prices and postal charge are more than reasonable. I have heard people complain about the lack of glossy photos and newsprint paper, but if that's what it takes to save money and pass the savings on to us, all the better! You always get bonus seeds with your order. Nice touch! I always thought their selection wasn't that great until I actually compared them side-to-side to other companies' catalogs. They have all the new introductions, rarer bulbs and even some houseplants! I always check them first before looking elsewhere. I have never had a problem in ordering from them and will continue to do so in the future.
Positive lizsalt
February 1, 1997
Each year I generally order from 4 or 5 different nurseries, there are two that I highly recommend and Rainforest is one of them the other is Lindenberg Seeds in Brandon, MB there prices are great and the plants substantial
Positive LizSalt
February 1, 1997
Lindenberg is very good quality products, I ordered a collection of peonies last year. Of the three I didn't like the colour of one; I asked them to substitute and gave them two other names I would prefer. They were great, they sent my substitute no questions asked. Of the three peonies two bloomed that same year, they were tiny (maybe 12") with two huge blooms on them. I am an inexperienced gardener but I enjoy trying. Lindenberg catalogues are free. Their catalogue is small not a huge selection, but the service and quality is great.